Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
https://twitter.com/MindyFurano/status/772982887821905920

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

Clinton: "you should see the size of my labia, it's like Mick Jagger down there"
Me: *checks box*

lmao

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Nichael posted:

I haven't been this anxious about an election ever. Trump's rise makes me literally feel sick. I desperately want this poo poo to end because I feel like this nation has collectively been watching a tragedy unfold for eighteen months, and despite knowing how awful it is, we're all just kind of sitting back and observing it. It's such a weird and awful feeling.

I don't know what the future holds in a hypothetical (and still very unlikely) Trump presidency. I'm worried about my Muslim friends. I actually worry for their safety.

srsly this is affecting my nite crew chill. I'm trying not to be because this is a chill place to relax with friends and post whatever, but America is full of garbage human beings and it's been objectively proven

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i'm allocating a hefty portion of alcohol to this debate, it's great.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

logikv9 posted:

I'm seriously considering buying a bottle of scotch and buttchugging the entire thing if Trump wins the debates because it's not like it's gonna matter if I'm an alcoholic after that

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

this is the best one i've refreshed so far

reddit or 4chan or SA meme mentioned

We aint dead yet!!! :fedora: :fedora: :fedora: :fedora: :fedora: :fedora: :fedora: :fedora: :fedora:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

She looks like the sister in Man Seeking Woman and the girlfriend in Casual, Britt Lower.

Chokes McGee posted:

srsly this is affecting my nite crew chill. I'm trying not to be because this is a chill place to relax with friends and post whatever, but America is full of garbage human beings and it's been objectively proven

I have a hard time doing things in my free time that aren't reading about this horrible election. I'll watch TV or read something and my mind wanders to Trump-pocalypse.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Added some stuff, mad that someone beat me to "Trump brings up Vince McMahon" (the actual Vince McMahon)

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

logikv9 posted:

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Nichael posted:

I haven't been this anxious about an election ever. Trump's rise makes me literally feel sick. I desperately want this poo poo to end because I feel like this nation has collectively been watching a tragedy unfold for eighteen months, and despite knowing how awful it is, we're all just kind of sitting back and observing it. It's such a weird and awful feeling.

I don't know what the future holds in a hypothetical (and still very unlikely) Trump presidency. I'm worried about my Muslim friends. I actually worry for their safety.

Yeah I feel you. Quite recently this whole election has made me genuinely sad. Clinton is all that stands between us and the abyss.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

:hellyeah:

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011
I'm going to watch the debate completely sober :downs:

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
It's going to be built up as this total armageddon slugfest, but it's going to be a boring but annoying affair with Hillary getting asked hard questions and Trump delivering vague word salads to easier questions and calling Hillary a lying flip-flopper without any restraint or callouts from Holt.

The expectations for Trump are not just low, they are in an entirely different universe. It's prettymuch why he has been as politically successful as he has been; all the poo poo that normally sinks a politician doesn't work because he isn't being graded as one.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
tiny favorite thing is every time I see a photo of Trey Gowdy he has a different haircut

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Chokes McGee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-psEmHHRnk

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Neeksy posted:

It's going to be built up as this total armageddon slugfest, but it's going to be a boring but annoying affair with Hillary getting asked hard questions and Trump delivering vague word salads to easier questions and calling Hillary a lying flip-flopper without any restraint or callouts from Holt.

The expectations for Trump are not just low, they are in an entirely different universe. It's prettymuch why he has been as politically successful as he has been; all the poo poo that normally sinks a politician doesn't work because he isn't being graded as one.

Yup. Holt will be useless, I am sure of it.

And take literally any single Trump gaffe or facet of Trump's biography and apply it to Obama. Imagine if Obama said McCain wasn't a hero? What if Obama called all Mexicans rapists? Or said Putin did a better job than Bush? And imagine if Obama used charity money to buy two portraits of himself, or had five kids with three women? Any of those things would have resulted in the loving Democrats, themselves, ousting him from office and killing his political career.

CortezFantastic posted:

tiny favorite thing is every time I see a photo of Trey Gowdy he has a different haircut

He's like Tonks from Harry Potter or Kate Winslet in Eternal Sunshine, except hideous, Republican, and not at all like them.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Neeksy posted:

I think it's particularly dangerous for Clinton because the candidate that seems less presidential going in usually benefits. Also Trump's ca,p has been skillfully playing the low expectation game in the past couple of weeks.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

holy crap ge cafe commented on one of my videos, ge cafe lurks this thread i guss!!!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Al! posted:

holy crap ge cafe commented on one of my videos, ge cafe lurks this thread i guss!!!

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

Vladimir Putin posted:

I think it's particularly dangerous for Clinton because the candidate that seems less presidential going in usually benefits. Also Trump's ca,p has been skillfully playing the low expectation game in the past couple of weeks.

https://twitter.com/williamjordann/status/779369688065269760

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I see the :derp: has begun.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Neeksy posted:

This. And ratings for the second debate will drop 50%+ as a result.

breaklaw fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Sep 26, 2016

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/2016-hillary-clinton-fact-check-week-214286#ixzz4LJuqEZLT

drat fine work, Politico, #3 especially, a masterpiece

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

lol is nate silver shook again?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Ostentatious posted:

Again? Friend, Nate Shookver is always Shook

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

DaveWoo posted:

"Clinton used Trump's own claim of his net worth, but Trump's probably lying about that, so we're going to count that as a Hillary lie for some reason."

Classic Politico.

I THOUGHT THIS WAS A JOKE

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

tbf, you always know what you're getting with Politico.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Nichael posted:

if things keep going like this i'm going to be basically unable to function by the end of October

work, sleep, check polls all the livelong day

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ostentatious posted:

shaken like you shouldnt do to babies

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

This is the drinking game I'll be playing tomorrow. I will probably be playing with a once per question clause to keep it manageable.

Take 1 drink when either candidate or the moderator says any of the following:
Email(s)
Job(s)
Black Lives Matter
Obama
Foundation (Clinton or Trump)
"Believe me"
Mexico/Mexicans
Bill Clinton
Vladimir Putin
Terror/Terrorists
Lie / Lying / Liar

Take 2 drinks when either candidate or the moderator says any of the following:
Benghazi
Bernie Sanders
The Wall
9/11
Radical Islamic Terrorism
Crooked
Bigly / Big League
Alt-Right

Finish your drink when either candidate or the moderator says any of the following (one time only):
All Lives Matter
Monica Lewinsky
Bitch / oval office / Other gendered insult

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

This is the drinking game I'll be playing tomorrow. I will probably be playing with a once per question clause to keep it manageable.

Take 1 drink when either candidate or the moderator says any of the following:
Email(s)
Job(s)
Black Lives Matter
Obama
Foundation (Clinton or Trump)
"Believe me"
Mexico/Mexicans
Bill Clinton
Vladimir Putin
Terror/Terrorists
Lie / Lying / Liar

Take 2 drinks when either candidate or the moderator says any of the following:
Benghazi
Bernie Sanders
The Wall
9/11
Radical Islamic Terrorism
Crooked
Bigly / Big League
Alt-Right

Finish your drink when either candidate or the moderator says any of the following (one time only):
All Lives Matter
Monica Lewinsky
Bitch / oval office / Other gendered insult

Thank you, this is tomorrow's drinking game for my wife and me.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Al! posted:

shaken like you shouldnt do to babies

The true wizard of 2012 was Josh Putnam and its kind of dumb that he got zero credit or following for it.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i hope the gendered insult comes from the moderator

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

this question is for you, sugarbosoms—

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Squizzle posted:

i hope the gendered insult comes from the moderator

"So, toots, why do you think you can do a man's job?"

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I can't believe how incredibly excited I am for the Jeb! campaign!

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Any debate drinking game this year is more like Russian roulette than anything else; y'all gonna die. Oh poo poo is that how Trump is gonna win? All the liberals drinking themselves to death at his clownish capering on TV so he can Idiocracy his way into power?!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

triple sulk posted:

I can't believe how incredibly excited I am for the Jeb! campaign!

Jeb is going to be marched out on national television by Reince Preibus and give an endorsement while blinking "please help. they have my family"

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Neeksy posted:

Any debate drinking game this year is more like Russian roulette than anything else; y'all gonna die. Oh poo poo is that how Trump is gonna win? All the liberals drinking themselves to death at his clownish capering on TV so he can Idiocracy his way into power?!

Who gives a poo poo. Let's drink til our hearts stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Nichael posted:

Do we all remember Trump's last Republican primary debate? The one where we all expected serious poo poo to go down, and then nothing happened? He's going to make it like that again. He will word salad his way out of tough questions, and the audience at home won't care.

well then good news, he wont be able to word salad his way out of a 90 minute, commercial free debate. he'll be expected to give actual answers (he wont though), and if he just gives short 10 second answers or whatever, hillary will steamroll him.

he'll be expected to talk for around 45 minutes total.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Sep 26, 2016

• Locked thread