Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

:bahgawd: That killed her! As God as my witness she is broken in half!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

I'm the double-handed ball slaps.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Outrail posted:

Beautiful.

Dunno where this is, but based on the tropical vegetation and red earth his response was appropriate.

Appropriate anywhere, really. Even snakes without venom can have enough gross poo poo on their teeth to make you sick as hell.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Trig Discipline posted:

Appropriate anywhere, really. Even snakes without venom can have enough gross poo poo on their teeth to make you sick as hell.

Komodo dragons are not venomous but I would like not to be bitten by one.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

syscall girl posted:

Scientists only put this myth to bed in 2009, but they are venomous.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

syscall girl posted:

efb^
I thought they recently discovered that they actually do have venom.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
E: I am proven wrong!

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 07:45 on Sep 26, 2016

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Its less that they have venom as it is that they have so much rotting meat in their teeth and other nasty poo poo growing in their mouth that it... well, it's not a good time for any poor soul they get a bite on :gonk:

jesus loving christ

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Hey, I'll happily admit I was wrong. I'll also say that "venomless but just has a really nasty mouth" was cooler.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

At least we humans can always rep the "venomless but has a really nasty mouth" posse :q:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Hey, I'll happily admit I was wrong. I'll also say that "venomless but just has a really nasty mouth" was cooler.

:agreed:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

tacodaemon posted:

At least we humans can always rep the "venomless but has a really nasty mouth" posse :q:

Eels aren't venomous as far as anyone knows but eel bites are all sorts of nasty. I also have a friend who got bit by a boa, hand got infected, and he got sick as gently caress for a week.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

They're alot less metal now.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

TheSpiritFox posted:

They're alot less metal now.

Well they don't have fangs to inject venom per se, they kind of just.. chew it in. Which is still pretty metal.

quote:

Based on a thorough analysis of the dragon’s skull, Fry thinks that they kill with a grip, rip and drip tactic. They bite down with serrated teeth and pull back with powerful neck muscles. The result: huge gaping wounds. The venom then quickens the loss of blood and sends the prey into shock.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

haha oh man i just realized it's a fake snake

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
more liek oldvenomless

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

CaptBushido posted:

. (leaving alone the fact that they can now basically never take an actual vacation because they're using it all for their parole appointments).

Holy poo poo, people who are still serving a sentence for a criminal conviction can't take a vacation? Call the ACLU!

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

syscall girl posted:

No... that would be housecats. I knew this because our cat literally put my mum in hospital with a really deep chomp.

e:

Phanatic posted:

Holy poo poo, people who are still serving a sentence for a criminal conviction can't take a vacation? Call the ACLU!
Well... yeah. They earned their vacation time, the same way their earned their pay. It's fair reward for their labours. Or do you think they shouldn't make any money too?

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 10:42 on Sep 26, 2016

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Hyperlynx posted:

Well... yeah. They earned their vacation time, the same way their earned their pay. It's fair reward for their labours. Or do you think they shouldn't make any money too?

They're serving a sentence. It's legal to make prisoners work and pay them below minimum wage.

We let them out of prison, we parole them, and allow them to live outside of prison with certain conditions. They get a job outside, and earn some vacation time and some pay. If they have to use that vacation time to comply with those conditions, why's that any different then them having to use some of the pay they earn to buy gas to drive to meet their parole officer, or buy a bus pass to do the same? It's not.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Phanatic posted:

They're serving a sentence. It's legal to make prisoners work and pay them below minimum wage.

We let them out of prison, we parole them, and allow them to live outside of prison with certain conditions. They get a job outside, and earn some vacation time and some pay. If they have to use that vacation time to comply with those conditions, why's that any different then them having to use some of the pay they earn to buy gas to drive to meet their parole officer, or buy a bus pass to do the same? It's not.

Being legal doesn't make it morally acceptable. The parole system in America is hosed up due to how easy it is for lovely people to abuse criminals that are attempting to go straight. And hey, guess what? loving them over just makes them much more likely to keep being criminals.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I'm sure there's a thread or three in D&D where this discussion could take place instead.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If you want to talk about gun control you can go to the California politics thread. Because that's all we've been able to talk about for a week. Because people can't let the issue drop.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Don't flip your mother off behind her back when she's recording a Facebook video on her phone
https://www.facebook.com/1597885840524675/videos/1656680971311828

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

https://twitter.com/SBNationGIF/status/780136118725390336

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Where the hell is this? It looks like an industrial kitchen but none of them are dressed appropriately. I'd say it was like some kind of hippy stoner coop/commune, I've seen their kitchens kitted out like that before, but there's nowhere near enough lovely 311 posters caked with aerosolized grease.

Gounads
Mar 13, 2013

Where am I?
How did I get here?

Ryoshi posted:

Where the hell is this? It looks like an industrial kitchen but none of them are dressed appropriately. I'd say it was like some kind of hippy stoner coop/commune, I've seen their kitchens kitted out like that before, but there's nowhere near enough lovely 311 posters caked with aerosolized grease.

I assumed a school kitchen.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
http://i.imgur.com/gwIcPUO.gifv

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Trig Discipline posted:

Eels aren't venomous as far as anyone knows but eel bites are all sorts of nasty. I also have a friend who got bit by a boa, hand got infected, and he got sick as gently caress for a week.
I have been bitten by a good number of snakes in my time but as long as wash the bite you'll be fine. Unless you're bitten by a couple of the few non venomous snakes that have really long teeth then you might want to hit the hospital for antibiotics. Like Hyperlynx mentioned house cat's mouths are like hate made manifest, it doesn't matter if you wash the bite it's getting infected.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Goons argue that poor hygiene is more badass than having an organ that's specifically designed to create a chemical weapon, surprising no one.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

MizPiz posted:

Goons argue that poor hygiene is more badass than having an organ that's specifically designed to create a chemical weapon, surprising no one.

It appears when it comes to health and safety administration > engineering.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

MizPiz posted:

I'm gonna manufacture Kimono Dragon toothbrushes. Just really clean those snappy dressed dragons' teeth.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Ryoshi posted:

Bet you anything that this is an after-hours staff party at a restaurant. Exactly that type of poo poo happens when servers get drunk at their workplace.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

poop dood posted:

Bet you anything that this is an after-hours staff party at a restaurant. Exactly that type of poo poo happens when servers get drunk at their workplace.

Ha ha look at me I'm a cook woo wooo!

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Outrail posted:

Ha ha look at me I'm a cook woo wooo!

Except they're probably saying "Ha ha look at me I'm a partygoer woo wooo!"

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Guyver posted:

Like Hyperlynx mentioned house cat's mouths are like hate made manifest, it doesn't matter if you wash the bite it's getting infected.
If you clean the wound with hydrogen peroxide or alcohol, it's about one out of three, which is still a lot of ER visits. The problem is getting the disinfectant down into the wound, which is narrow and closes up. My experience is that you have to use a brush for that.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Ryoshi posted:

Nobody out there is actually dumb enough to think that drilling into something is magically going to give it more functionality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbIAOTTpFdA

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.

At least the kid has the excuse of being a (okay, really naive) kid. What kind of sad dipshit do you have to be to pull a prank like that?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

I Am Crake posted:

What kind of sad dipshit do you have to be to pull a prank like that?

New thread title

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I Am Crake posted:

At least the kid has the excuse of being a (okay, really naive) kid. What kind of sad dipshit do you have to be to pull a prank like that?

I remember listening to the radio personalities Kramer and Twitch talk a guy into shutting down his company's radio station (their rivals) because they pretended to be company technicians over the phone. Later they were behind a hoax about Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake dying in a car accident; that was the one that got them fired. Some people just want to see how far they can go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm gonna manufacture Kimono Dragon toothbrushes. Just really clean those snappy dressed dragons' teeth.

A komodo dragon and a kimono dragon are two very different things