Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
View Results

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Lmao grover you are the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

fart blood posted:

I'm dreading that Town Hall. I've never liked a town hall debate in my life. It's always the worst people there. "Secretary Clinton, I am an unemployed factory worker. I was laid off eight years ago and recently I had to get surgery that I cannot pay for. What are you going to do to relieve medical burdens on middle class workers?"

Hey here's an idea, stupid: read up on democrats' platforms on health reform vs. the republicans' platforms, there's like 20 years worth of research about it. Ya dope.

Allright, that was a hypothetical. But you get the idea.

otoh it leads to good stuff like that university student asking Obama what he's going to do to help folks like him graduating into a poo poo economy with poor job outlooks only for Obama to say "manufacturing jobs."

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Man I still love that trumps reaction this morning was that he better clarify how fat the miss universe was

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Pakled posted:

From what I understand, Trump came back to shake Holt's hand afterwards, he just went to talk to someone on his campaign first.

This is true, he did come back to shake Holt's hand. It sure looked for a moment like he wasn't going to, though. (And I'll bet the person on his campaign he was talking to said something like GO SHAKE HIS HAND YOU IDIOT THEY ARE STILL WATCHING).

evilweasel posted:

Man I still love that trumps reaction this morning was that he better clarify how fat the miss universe was

Wasn't this the person, too, who starved herself down to nigh-skeleton level for the contest and her 'getting fat' was actually just returning to a normal healthy weight of the sort necessary to sustain human life?

Gizmoduck_5000
Oct 6, 2013

Your superior intellect is no match for our primitive weapons!

Atoramos posted:

To me, last night was Trump's night to discuss the 'Deplorables' comment. I was looking forward to it, because I wanted Clinton to turn it around and ask something like "Are the 51% of your supporters that want a constitutional ban on homosexual marriage not deplorable?".

I was surprised that he didn't throw that out in a blind panic last night, but my assumption is that the strategy is to save that one for the townhall meeting so she can get hit with a wall of "boo".

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

docbeard posted:

Wasn't this the person, too, who starved herself down to nigh-skeleton level for the contest and her 'getting fat' was actually just returning to a normal healthy weight of the sort necessary to sustain human life?

You could be describing any beauty pageant contestant here

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

docbeard posted:

This is true, he did come back to shake Holt's hand. It sure looked for a moment like he wasn't going to, though. (And I'll bet the person on his campaign he was talking to said something like GO SHAKE HIS HAND YOU IDIOT THEY ARE STILL WATCHING).

I'm sure you're right but I mean even if she actually got a little heavy how in gods name is that going to help him one bit

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

evilweasel posted:

I'm sure you're right but I mean even if she actually got a little heavy how in gods name is that going to help him one bit

She actually developed an eating disorder due to the pressure Trump had put her under, including parading her infront of the press at a gym "to see how well she's getting in shape" (she was already in shape and underweight but hey).

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Reason posted:

At this point I'm not sure what format would be good for Donald Trump. Maybe if he had every single question beforehand and a teleprompter feeding him answers.

"Wikipedia: glossary of professional wrestling terms" posted:

Heel pay-per-view
This is the term for a pay-per-view that is written so that all or a majority of heels are victorious over their opposing faces. It builds up satisfaction when the face wins at a later event.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

evilweasel posted:

Oh, it won't.

But it demonstrates, among other things, that Being (Seen To Be) Right is more important to Trump than anything else. It doesn't matter (to him) that he insulted her, because he was (not at all) right about her being fat.

If you listen to his word salad from all over the place last night, things like "I GOT GREAT CREDIT FOR X" feature very prominently. He's a five year old kid in a seventy-year old body begging for praise.

gently caress, I just talked myself into having the vaguest sort of sympathy for Donald Trump.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

The "over prepared" comments are like something you'd say at a job interview.

My biggest weaknesses? Well I work too hard, I'm too organized, and I'm over prepared.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

fart blood posted:

I'm actually curious about the VP Debate. I hope Kaine can make Pence look like a fool.

America's dad vs. the SPECTRE assassin who tried to kill James Bond on the train in From Russia With Love.

Presto has issued a correction as of 18:01 on Sep 27, 2016

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just saw the thread title and remembered that this was an actual thing donald trump said at the debate last night lol

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Presto posted:

America's dad vs. the SPECTRE assassin who tried to kill James Bond on the train in From Russia With Live.

Phil Dunphy vs. Donald Grant?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I have a family member who has always voted GOP up until this cycle, and while she says "wow yeah that trump guy whoa, not gonna vote for him lol" on the other hand she kept pointing out "look at Hillary's left eye, it doesn't track right, I read a lot of stuff about her health" and kept repeating "I just hope she's healthy" over and over.

Meanwhile SNIFF
SNIFFFF

SSSNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIFFFFFFF

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Flesh Forge posted:

I have a family member who has always voted GOP up until this cycle, and while she says "wow yeah that trump guy whoa, not gonna vote for him lol" on the other hand she kept pointing out "look at Hillary's left eye, it doesn't track right, I read a lot of stuff about her health" and kept repeating "I just hope she's healthy" over and over.

Meanwhile SNIFF
SNIFFFF

Trump desperately trying to pick up the key chronically-allergy-ridden demographic (this is me)

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

If you need a debate recap, the Taiwanese Animators have your back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe3PVAXVg08

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Given how much r/The_Donald is wailing about bias I assume Clinton won handily.

Also Trump is fat.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Do It Once Right posted:

It'd weird how foreign media seems to be thinking Trump did better than he did.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

Meanwhile SNIFF
SNIFFFF

Said a woman who voted for a man with Alzheimer's.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

It'd weird how foreign media seems to be thinking Trump did better than he did.

Maybe corn cobs are a symbol of strength in other countries

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Foreign media has several Trumps within their own governments/ministries. The United States of America is again exceptional.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I'm pretty sure I am still drunk.

Ugh, this election cycle will be the death of me.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Do It Once Right posted:

Haha, Trump frisking little black kids

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
We had a woman at the debate party who got completely drunk, yelled "you loving fascist!" every time trump spoke and tried telling the two black people in the room trump would be soooooo bad for you until we had to kick her out

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

pathetic little tramp posted:

We had a woman at the debate party who got completely drunk, yelled "you loving fascist!" every time trump spoke and tried telling the two black people in the room trump would be soooooo bad for you until we had to kick her out

yikes

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

pathetic little tramp posted:

dude don't doxx lastgirl

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

deadwing posted:

The debates aren't for us. They're for dipshitty motherfucker undecideds who can't do any more research than watch TV for four and a half hours every campaign cycle.

I don't even know if it's really for them. Half the debate was tabloid fodder like unreleased tax returns, birtherism, emailz, and scandalous comments from decades ago. I think it was really for the networks.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

You know, the more I think about it, my favorite moment from the debate was Hillary's cheerful "HEYA, PAL" greeting to him at the very beginning.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

docbeard posted:

You know, the more I think about it, my favorite moment from the debate was Hillary's cheerful "HEYA, PAL" greeting to him at the very beginning.

My favorite was when he gave away the bit when Clinton laughed and said 'I think by the end of tonight I'll be blamed for everything' and he for some reason thought 'well why not' was a sick comback

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

docbeard posted:

I really enjoyed after he unloaded a whole mess of crazy talk she just went, "Whoo! Okay!" in a "wow, this is actually happening to me right now" way.

It was both funny and adorable.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

WampaLord posted:

I really enjoyed after he unloaded a whole mess of crazy talk she just went, "Whoo! Okay!" in a "wow, this is actually happening to me right now" way.

that was also real good, yea.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

WampaLord posted:

This was my favorite part too tied with "i know you live in your own little world" or w/e the exact phrasing was

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Tatum Girlparts posted:

My favorite was when he gave away the bit when Clinton laughed and said 'I think by the end of tonight I'll be blamed for everything' and he for some reason thought 'well why not' was a sick comback

Yeah that was loving surreal because I couldn't tell if the audience was laughing WITH or AT him and my brain kicked into "There's something funny happening but I don't understand" mode and I felt like a space alien

Like, was that a joke? Was he telling a joke?

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.
I was a bit disappointed that she didn't get a chance (or take the chance?) to needle him on bragging about not discriminating against black tenants in all of his buildings, but hopefully that speaks for itself anyway

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Atoramos posted:

Let's be honest here: almost a third of America was tuned in watching Donald get loving creamed. While Trump supporters are going to have to spin things because the reality of the situation is unacceptable, there's simply too many people that tuned in.

This is why, regardless of how many online polls are mentioned, they won't matter. Donald still refused to shake Holt's hand. He walked away sour because the loss was just too obvious. Everyone knows he lost it, Trump included.

I didn't catch the non-handshake. I wonder why he did that then praised him in spin alley?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Peztopiary posted:

I didn't catch the non-handshake. I wonder why he did that then praised him in spin alley?

The non-handshake was almost certainly just an oversight rather than an intentional snub. The first thing he did was go and talk to someone from his campaign (who probably told him "go shake Holt's hand holy poo poo") and THEN he went over to shake Holt's hand.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

I was a bit disappointed that she didn't get a chance (or take the chance?) to needle him on bragging about not discriminating against black tenants in all of his buildings, but hopefully that speaks for itself anyway

last night was about getting your opponent to make attack ad soundbites more than anything else since there are still two debates left, and trump failed spectacularly while hillary crushed it

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mr. Jive posted:

Like, was that a joke? Was he telling a joke?

Life is a joke

This election is the punchline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Haha I brought up the debate during a boardroom meeting and wasted half my day to people arguing vehemently. I loving love the Trump-Clinton wars of 2016

• Locked thread