Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Sort of want something like this but based on the Ramayana and Upanishads. Definitely listening if you review it Ross.

Clarification: a world book not a card game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

If you're in the UK and upset about not being able to participate in Germ's KS, this may be a neat backup option: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/smallterrain/the-small-terrain-studio-project?ref=profile_starred

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Council of Blackthorn, aka Small Council from Game of Thrones The Game, arrived a couple of days ago. Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I'm looking forward to giving it a spin!

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world

Helical Nightmares posted:

Sort of want something like this but based on the Ramayana and Upanishads. Definitely listening if you review it Ross.

Clarification: a world book not a card game.
Here you go!

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

HOLY :neckbeard: this looks like exactly what I was thinking about. Thanks!

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world

Helical Nightmares posted:

HOLY :neckbeard: this looks like exactly what I was thinking about. Thanks!
It's pretty good, to be honest. It's clear that I a lot of love went into it, and it addresses much of Indian mythology and religious history from an insider perspective. I have the PDF of the campaign options as well, and, while it doesn't add too much, it addresses some minor concerns about the system and setting fairly well. I also have a physical copy, and while the printing is poo poo, everything else works so well, and it's so small and portable, so I would suggest getting that if you have any interest in getting the game. The best endorsement I can give for it is how, when I presented it to my professor on Dharma religions, he asked to borrow it, having never played an RPG, because he found it so fun and well done.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I think I'm going to write off my Multiuniversum pledge. Turns out they rolled their own pledge manager and it's only partially translated, incomplete, and buggy. My pledge is apparently in the system, but the storefront doesn't display it. They're trying to help, but turnaround on e-mail responses is slow enough that I've still been surprised to get them.

Eh, it was twenty bucks. I've spent more on worse experiences.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

A.E.G.I.S. is a game about giant combining robots. You like giant combining robots, right?

I've had the chance to play this a few times in the past, and I really enjoyed it. The way it works is that you put together a team of five robots of various types (attack, evasive, guard) for a squad-vs-squad battle. Each robot contributes to an Energy pool, and you spend from that pool to activate each robot's attacks or abilities. Using abilities involves rolling d6's to beat a number or get matches.

And, of course, you can combine different robots to make new, bigger robots. Which robots you can create via combining is dependent on the ones you have on your team, so you have to build your core team of five with an eye to that. Combined robots will provide less energy, but have better abilities, so you have to be aware of the best time to do it. It's also possible to block an opponent's combiner by destroying one of the needed robots.

And yes, you can combine combined robots into even better robots. You can jam your whole squad together Voltron-style if need be.

Like I said, I really like this game. It's a simple, small-footprint strategy game at a decent price point. Plus there's 40 different robots in the box, so you've got a lot of variety.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Some of you seemed interested in the style of the teaser image I posted last, so I figured you'd get a kick out of the full cover art.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Crackbone posted:

kickstarter.txt

Conan was particularly bad, though, because they promised everyone they were realistic about their ship date and had used their prior industry connections to lock everything in beforehand.

The most egregious thing they did, IMO, was promising a big exciting update to their backers...said update was a shill for their next Kickstarter. No thanks.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Baron Snow posted:

Some of you seemed interested in the style of the teaser image I posted last, so I figured you'd get a kick out of the full cover art.

Badass.

thefakenews
Oct 20, 2012
The campaign for Dracula's Feast, a small social deduction game just launched. I don't know much about the game, or how it plays, but a friend of mine was the artist on the project, so the art is cool at least.

EverettLO
Jul 2, 2007
I'm a lurker no more

A Pathfinder setting based more or less directly on an rpg.net thread from 10 years ago.

I'm simultaneously surprised no one has tried this before and curious if there is potential liability in taking someone else's ideas like this. I somehow don't buy that he stopped reading the original thread after the first couple of posts.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Oh, hey, I ran a game around that premise once.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Wait, why would anyone offer 5e support? I smell a scam.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Baron Snow posted:

I am going to back this based on a e s t h e t i c s alone

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Bieeardo posted:

I think I'm going to write off my Multiuniversum pledge. Turns out they rolled their own pledge manager and it's only partially translated, incomplete, and buggy. My pledge is apparently in the system, but the storefront doesn't display it. They're trying to help, but turnaround on e-mail responses is slow enough that I've still been surprised to get them.

Eh, it was twenty bucks. I've spent more on worse experiences.

They're selling the game at retail as of next week. I dropped it from my Spiel watch list because it looks crap.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Cross-posting from the OSR thread:

LashLightning posted:

Frog God Games is kickstarting a third reprint of Swords & Wizardry, this time edited by ConTessa founder Stacy Dellorfano and the team she's picked. The rules aren't changing, but it looks a lot more pleasant to the eyes.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

thefakenews posted:

The campaign for Dracula's Feast, a small social deduction game just launched. I don't know much about the game, or how it plays, but a friend of mine was the artist on the project, so the art is cool at least.

The art is indeed great. The game in general feels very cute, so even though I never thought I'd get this type of game I backed this.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Jedit posted:

They're selling the game at retail as of next week. I dropped it from my Spiel watch list because it looks crap.

Speaking of Spiel, is there a Spiel thread or meetup for Essen?

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
The Decemberists and Keith Baker have collaborated on a new boardgame, called Illimat. It looks like a cross between a card game old people play, and a contemporary resource-management game.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/twogetherstudios/illimat

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

General Ironicus posted:

The Decemberists and Keith Baker have collaborated on a new boardgame, called Illimat. It looks like a cross between a card game old people play, and a contemporary resource-management game.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/twogetherstudios/illimat

This is without a doubt the strangest collaboration on KS I've heard of. It's like if The Flaming Lips teamed up with Martha Stewart to release a Jam of the Month collection.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Huh. The $1 tier on the Swords & Wizardry 3d printing is a pay-what-you-want for the PDF version.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

gradenko_2000 posted:

Cross-posting from the OSR thread:

uuuugh backed. Why do I keep buying rp systems my groups constantly refuse to play.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

atholbrose posted:

Huh. The $1 tier on the Swords & Wizardry 3d printing is a pay-what-you-want for the PDF version.

It'll also be PWYW after the kickstarter is over, just like the older printing is now, if you don't even want to bother with the whole kickstarter process.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Sweet Spot: The Tennis Card Game has less than 12 hours left and has $6,919 SGD of their $5,000 SGD goal ($5,096 of $3,648). It looks like an interesting game; you and your opponent try to be the first to reach the "green zone" of numbers in order to score that serve. You draw from three different decks to help you select cards that will help you reach that green zone before your opponent does. Plus they've implemented a solo mode, so you can at least play by yourself if no ones else wants to. (unlike real tennis :unsmith:)

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's finally here! I can mark that page off at last. Metamorphosis Alpha has arrived.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

HidaO-Win posted:

Speaking of Spiel, is there a Spiel thread or meetup for Essen?

We sort of plan one. I'll fire up last year's thread so we can make more formal designs.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Should I have received any Dropfleet Commander stuff yet? I live in the US and haven't gotten anything, but I've seen people with stuff online.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Beer Empire: The Board Game

Just got put on kickstarter yesterday and is at the halfway point, I'm digging the theme, if not the art as much. Haven't backed it as I haven't had the chance to look in depth at the company of gameplay.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

moths posted:

Should I have received any Dropfleet Commander stuff yet? I live in the US and haven't gotten anything, but I've seen people with stuff online.

They are shipping currently, its just taking a while as they have thousands of boxes to send out. They started with the smallest size pledges first it seems, so larger pledges (like mine...) have not shipped yet. Give it another couple weeks before panicking. Also they have only been sending shipping info to like half the people that have got stuff, other have just had it show up without any warning.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Ok cool, I didn't get any shipping info but I'll keep watching my porch...

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

moths posted:

This should be the new thread title.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

moths posted:

People who have gotten stuff so far seem to have had Lieutenant, Captain, or Commander orders. Have not heard of anyone getting a Commodore or an Admiral pledge yet.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Quixotic1 posted:

Beer Empire: The Board Game

Just got put on kickstarter yesterday and is at the halfway point, I'm digging the theme, if not the art as much. Haven't backed it as I haven't had the chance to look in depth at the company of gameplay.
I thought it was a steal at the $25 early bird so I quickly grabbed that option while it was available.

...then I checked back on the campaign page and saw $13 shipping to the US, making the game $38 even at the cheapest "Early Bird." Cancelled the pledge.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

That must have been horrible for you

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
You don't understand, it was 1960's Dollars.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

So, the War Titans KS that was essentially 'Pacific Rim: The Boardgame but also look at these other animes we have ripped off' has been cancelled: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ccgames/war-titans-invaders-must-die

They say they did it because they want to re-look at the game and take on board comments about design etc. (seriously the text on the cards is awful!) but I suspect it's more likely they got hit with at least one C&D and don't want to admit it. I wouldn't be surprised if this relaunches with different sculpts entirely.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

NTRabbit posted:

That must have been horrible for you
Eh, just figured that there are already a couple of brewing related games, so I'd only back it if it was a great deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

There's only about 16 hours left for the Siege of the Citadel 2nd Edition boardgame. Sure, it's another giant box of miniatures game - but the original was well-regarded, the figures look cool, there's a ton of stuff at the $149 level, and Modiphius has been doing great stuff with the Mutant Chronicles universe.

It might also be a good way to jumpstart a Chaos DARK LEGION army, since the Prodos price point was what discouraged me from checking out the latest edition of the wargame.