Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

poo poo's on Kaine for not bringing it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The amount to which Pence is calmly, effortlessly, flat out LYING is somewhere between impressive and chilling.

Also this moderator is so loving worthless.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx
Thanks AP for giving this man that horribly false talking point

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Hey callout to the AP story, hope those shitheads are happy with themselves.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Octopussy like orginization

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
Yeah, gently caress you AP.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/347191326112112640

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Bring up the fact that the Trump Foundation was gathering money illegally!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Trump Foundation

Octopus-like

HAIL HYDRA

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
The actually scary part of this debate is that this is what Democratic presidential candidates have to look forward to for the rest of time. Next election in 2020 there won't be any easy Trump style crazy people to poke with a stick until they self-destruct in a ball of fiery rage. You'll just get smug white jackasses calmly and directly lying for 90 minutes and rejecting any and all attempts to connect with reality.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Night10194 posted:

I'm not 100% sure it would work on Hillary after what I saw her do to him in debate 1.

He was crafted to win the Primaries, a place where you can say "gently caress off" and get 30% the vote.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Turned on the debate a bit ago and Kaine is not very good at this, at all.

Though his Foundation reply isn't bad.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I kind of love that they both cracked up when reminded that the question was about North Korea. They both know the absurdity of the way they're forced to "debate".

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I think Nate Silver's live blog stuff is right

Nate Silver posted:

Another thought: I think Pence is doing a better job of executing his strategy, which is basically just to pirouette around any time he’d have to defend Trump. Whereas Kaine is swinging at a lot of pitches but not really following through. So judged on the basis, I’d give it to Pence, so far.

But I’m not sure that it’s a great strategy, because I think Pence’s nonresponsiveness could make for some good commercials for Clinton’s team in Brooklyn after the debate. So Pence could be setting himself up to win the actual debate but lose the post-debate debate.

So these comments calling Pence some kinda debate warlock is dumb but I just want Kaine to be hitting him better. Why no religious freedom stuff?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
yeah pence, talk up how charitable the trump foundation is

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Night10194 posted:

I'm not 100% sure it would work on Hillary after what I saw her do to him in debate 1.

She would have done a lot better than this, that's for sure, but I don't think it would've been the complete pasting that we got. The problem with this kind of bullshit is that the absolute best you can do is hold your own.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Congratulations North Korea, moment of the night

Noirex
May 30, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The amount to which Pence is calmly, effortlessly, flat out LYING is somewhere between impressive and chilling.

Also this moderator is so loving worthless.

It's genuinely scary. I hope he's not planning to run for POTUS anytime soon. I can see plenty of people falling for his psychotic like calmness while knowingly lying his rear end off.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

What the gently caress do the emails have to do with anything?

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
This question is so loving stupid. North Korea can barely put together a missile that can reach Japan, much less San Francisco.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Lightning Knight posted:

The actually scary part of this debate is that this is what Democratic presidential candidates have to look forward to for the rest of time. Next election in 2020 there won't be any easy Trump style crazy people to poke with a stick until they self-destruct in a ball of fiery rage. You'll just get smug white jackasses calmly and directly lying for 90 minutes and rejecting any and all attempts to connect with reality.

This is what frustrates me. Fortunately that smug douchebag will be dealing with a demographic mix that's 4 years less white and more Latino.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
God, Pence is a complete and utter liar, and it is amazing how he can just spout utter bullshit.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Thank god Pence decided to step on his own dick about the Clinton foundation so I can stop Arzying for five minutes.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Postal Parcel posted:

That's a bold and I'd argue false statement

Refereeing is not moderating. Every other sentence out of Pence is a lie.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

What the gently caress do the emails have to do with anything?

They don't, and I'm happy to see Pence get stepped on before he could bullshit around them some more.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

legoman727 posted:

God, Pence is a complete and utter liar, and it is amazing how he can just spout utter bullshit.

The moderator is basically doing what Trump supporters wanted Holt to do the whole time.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Noirex posted:

It's genuinely scary. I hope he's not planning to run for POTUS anytime soon. I can see plenty of people falling for his psychotic like calmness while knowingly lying his rear end off.

He absolutely is, I think the reason he decided to jump onto Trump's ticket is for even more national exposure. I'm not sure he cares that the exposure is bad, especially seeing has how Donald "Bad Exposure" Trump succeeded in the primaries.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
the faith gloves, let's do this

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx
Social issues, here we go...

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Tee ball question.

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

This is what we get for social issues? Not anything about the laws Pence signed at all?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/714095595888238592

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Someone tell this lady that there's more to moderation than trying to stop people from talking over each other

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

skylined! posted:

Refereeing is not moderating. Every other sentence out of Pence is a lie.

I'm just calling out the Holt thing. She's seems to be trying to get it moving

That said, we do need someone who will fact check these blatant lies

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
PLEASE Kaine bring up the Indiana religion bill DO IT

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Lightning Knight posted:

That was basically Romney's strategy though

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Get ready for Pence to segue into abortion over Kaine and the Church.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Just got home, someone fill me on the debate so far

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

lmao, the statement 15 minutes ago Pence was lying up and down that you didn't say? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

The anti-Arzy vaccine has been delivered just in time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Didn't Pence refute this? Like, didn't he deny Trump said anything negative about NATO?

• Locked thread