Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Stereotype posted:

I knew that buying big on Hillary two weeks ago when they were tied in polls was a good move.

I put $5k on Hillary before the conventions. I'm on top of the loving world right now yo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

axeil posted:

Can we stop posting insane Twitter people posts? It's like this thread is the crazy poo poo Bill Mitchell says thread.

Insane twitter people are the highlight of this thread.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/784558563008122880

This seems about right. :allears:

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Yeah that's why the Republicans have to overhaul their primary system. Bring in some ultra super secret delegate system that silently change vote totals or something. Even with a battle cry of Stop Hillary!! the deplorables are going to blame people like Kaisich for not supporting Trump and want some other wacky racist non-politician.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lozzle posted:

Insane twitter people are the highlight of this thread.

yeah but this is the same person over and over and over and who could care

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Isn't defcon 5 the least alert level?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Everything about this owns

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
So, what's the bigger campaign tanker? Wikileaks actually supposedly releasing something of substance, or Pussy Grabber Trump

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/gop-piles-donald-trump-over-remarks-women-n662276

For the second Friday in a row, Donald Trump's campaign is heading into the weekend in an existential crisis sparked by the candidate's behavior toward women — and Republicans may have had enough this time.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Evil Fluffy posted:

He's right that Pharisees were shown in a negative way in the Bible.

He's just too stupid to realize that the religious right embraces the same things that made the Pharisees bad.

Also remember the Pharisees and the early Jesus Movement (before it formalized into a separate religion) were two sects at odds with one another in the aftermath of the destruction of the Temple and the end of the priestly class (all the Gospels were written post-temple) about who should carry forward Judaism with its center destroyed, a struggle the Pharisees won pretty easily. But it explains why there's a strongly negative view of a rival sect of religious scholars as too legalistic and worldly in the Gospels.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Luna Was Here posted:

Wikileaks actually supposedly releasing something of substance

scare quotes emphasis on substance

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Luna Was Here posted:

So, what's the bigger campaign tanker? Wikileaks actually supposedly releasing something of substance, or Pussy Grabber Trump

Wikilieaks released literally nothing of substance so uh gonna go with the latter.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

remusclaw posted:

2016, the year the Religious Right revealed themselves for craven idol worshipers. All hail the Golden rear end.

This guy is seriously the type of person Southpark was making fun of in that Da Vinci Code parody on Easter. They would denounce Jesus Himself.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/MalcolmNance/status/784539641529720832

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

greatn posted:

Isn't defcon 5 the least alert level?
Yes, DEFCON 1 would be outbreak of nuclear war

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Luna Was Here posted:

There's nothing of real substance in the emails, and it certainly isn't going to be handled by Trump's campaign in full meltdown.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Night10194 posted:

Also remember the Pharisees and the early Jesus Movement (before it formalized into a separate religion) were two sects at odds with one another in the aftermath of the destruction of the Temple and the end of the priestly class (all the Gospels were written post-temple) about who should carry forward Judaism with its center destroyed, a struggle the Pharisees won pretty easily. But it explains why there's a strongly negative view of a rival sect of religious scholars as too legalistic and worldly in the Gospels.

I prefer to think of the New Testament as Roman propaganda telling the vanquished Jews that the savior that they've been waiting for has already come and gone, crucified at the hands of their Roman masters.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

mastajake posted:

This guy is seriously the type of person Southpark was making fun of in that Da Vinci Code parody on Easter. They would denounce Jesus Himself.

reminder that getting any portion of your politics from southpark is shameful as all hell

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/784560148815704065
wrap it up

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
I hope that when they go to Pence for his thoughts, they ask if he would characterise Trump's statements as deplorable.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Hahaha holy poo poo they're flatlining

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

LMAO

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/784560547580837888

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I WANNA TOUCH THE POOP

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Ron Jeremy posted:

I prefer to think of the New Testament as Roman propaganda telling the vanquished Jews that the savior that they've been waiting for has already come and gone, crucified at the hands of their Roman masters.

The execution of Jesus and the method of execution (which was reserved primarily for Roman enemies of the state) was something the authors of the Gospels had to contend with and try to disarm, hence the strong focus on Pontious Pilate as conflicted in the case of Jesus. In reality, Pilate was a loving psycho who had to be recalled from the area because he was too kill happy.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

P. S. I still endorse him

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Paul Ryan is loving scum.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

reminder that getting any portion of your politics from southpark is shameful as all hell

regardless, it's a fun comparison

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Meanwhile I am not gonna be seen on the same stage as this motherfucker

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's over

stick a fork in it, it's done

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Dexo posted:

Meanwhile I am not gonna be seen on the same stage as this motherfucker

I am shocked by this.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Hot take from trump-leaning coworker: "it was ten+ years ago, who cares"

im not taking enough antidepressants for this

"You hear this all the time in gyms"

I guess I go to different gyms than these people.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

What was this? Seems like he deleted it, like a coward.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Reminder: Ted Cruz endorsed Donald Trump

Waste = Ted Cruz = Mess

The truest equation against which all things can be measured.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Goatman Sacks posted:

P. S. I still endorse him

Someone ask Ryan about why he's still endorsing Trump.
Someone also ask Trump how he feels about Ryan uninviting him.

Make them eat each other. Hail Satan.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Endorph posted:

it's over

stick a fork in it, it's done

gently caress it, let's run up the score

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Groovelord Neato posted:

yeah this poo poo bugs me.

If trump was elected we'd all be super informed about what DEFCON levels are global thermo nuclear war

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Nucleic Acids posted:

"You hear this all the time in gyms"

I guess I go to different gyms than these people.

maybe not straight up sexual assault but i hear stuff close to/similar to his comments when i'm with a bunch of guys and they think they're in "friendly company". it's stupid anyway since saying it "happens all the time" or "it's totally normal" isn't a valid defense, it just shows how prevalent and normalized rape culture is.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/2778a6ab72ea49558445337865289508/ap-how-trumps-apprentice-moved-capitalism-sexism

to quote WVU Basketball Coach, "when you have your foot to their throat, you don't want to start .. having fun"

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

The only true injustice in the world is that Paul Ryan gets to hang onto his seat in the midst of this garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I'M SO loving HAPPY.

• Locked thread