Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Night10194 posted:

Who is this idiot.

A guy who can safely be ignored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I don't know what the gently caress I'm looking at but it's funny as gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujC7rxFVZ18

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

lol maybe he just got kicked out of some place for being a douche.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/AshleyRParker/status/784830673773289477

speng31b
May 8, 2010

On Terra Firma posted:

Where is celestialscribe? Isn't this like therapy for his weird preoccupation with how Hilary is going to lose?

Shut up, if you say its name two more times it will appear.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Nice way to spin "I am leaving goodbye".

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Yeah this sounds like complete fantasy bullshit especially considering the source.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Diamond Joe weighs in!

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/784851147513270272

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

"I am out of here I can't do this but also if you somehow turn this around I'll be back in 2 days bye."

loving coward.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

There have been so many quotes from both Conservatives and Liberals which have come out since the tape broke that could be accepted as pure poetry:

John Podhoretz of all loving people posted:

Still, the reckoning for the American people and the Republican party after November (or sooner) isn’t just about the willingness of so many in the GOP and in the general electorate not merely to tolerate such a person because people thought he was better than the alternative, but about the fact that they thought he was a curative tonic. He isn’t. He’s an emetic, and he is about to be vomited up.

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

[M-Bison YES... YES gif]

The Phlegmatist
Nov 24, 2003

Teddybear posted:

The Ryan event is live: https://www.c-span.org/video/?416603-1/house-speaker-paul-ryan-delivers-remarks-elkhorn-wisconsin&live

Right now Sensenbrenner is up, scolding the crowd for misbehaving and calling for support for "the top of the ticket". Hecklers abound.

Watched the whole thing. Trump has become The Candidate Who Shall Not Be Named.

Sensenbrenner talks about voting for the top of the ticket; Johnson said to vote against Clinton; Walker didn't even mention the general at all; Ryan opens with addressing the elephant in the room and said he stands by his remarks but we're not here to talk about that. At no point did anyone dare speak the name Trump.

It's over. The GOP realized Atwater's Southern Strategy came home to roost and now they're in full-blown save the senate mode.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
:kheldragar:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Joe "creepily rubbing senators' wives" Biden is ... right.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I see the GOP is moving into the "Damned If You Do" phase of the election. :getin:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Is this happening? Could we actually get the schism a month before the election and watch the GOP fall apart in front of the finish line? Will Donald Trump declare political war against the non-believers? Please God let the GOP implode weeks before the election, causing a massive election wave so the GOP lose dozens of seats in the House, giving the Dems both chambers for the next two years.

My birthday is just over a week away. This could be the best present by far. :swoon:

Couldn't have happened to a nicer theocrat.

Rabble posted:

Can they actually do anything to remove him from the ticket?

There's only one way to force Trump off the ticket and it's very, very illegal.

They'd have to kill or incapacitate him. Maybe offer a multi-billion (maybe tens of billion) dollar bribe to buy him out of the race.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

The Phlegmatist posted:

Watched the whole thing. Trump has become The Candidate Who Shall Not Be Named.

Sensenbrenner talks about voting for the top of the ticket; Johnson said to vote against Clinton; Walker didn't even mention the general at all; Ryan opens with addressing the elephant in the room and said he stands by his remarks but we're not here to talk about that. At no point did anyone dare speak the name Trump.

It's over. The GOP realized Atwater's Southern Strategy came home to roost and now they're in full-blown save the senate mode.

They're utter cowards. They're holding their fire until either a disastrous debate performance or hopeless polling numbers, at which point they'll officially ditch him, but not a moment sooner.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

http://www.businessinsider.com/rnc-staffers-trump-women-2005-audio-2016-10

quote:

Some staffers inside the Republican National Committee are rebelling and “defying orders” to continue working for Donald Trump, according to a source familiar with the situation.

"They’re dropping their duties to the campaign," the source told Business Insider. "Turning their attention to Senate/House."

"Folks at the RNC are disgusted," the source said.

"Expect RNC [staffers] to start leaving if Reince doesn't act," the source added, referring to party chairman Reince Priebus.

A spokesperson for the RNC did not immediately respond to a request for comment, but Politico reported the party had halted some of it's "Victory" program operations.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

There's only one way to force Trump off the ticket and it's very, very illegal.

They'd have to kill or incapacitate him. Maybe offer a multi-billion (maybe tens of billion) dollar bribe to buy him out of the race.
If they tried that, you can guarantee that the other parties would file enough lawsuits to stall such a change for a long-enough period of time that in the end it wouldn't do anything.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Joe "creepily rubbing senators' wives" Biden is ... right.
Joe is a hugger. He authored the VAWA and regularily condemns this kind of poo poo.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
They couldn't have liked each other less...
They couldn't have needed each other more.
And the last place they ever expected to be
is on the same side.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-bottom-could-fall-out-for-trump/

quote:

Let’s not naively insist on taking a wait-and-see approach regarding the events of the past 24 hours.

That's rich coming from you nate

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Casimir Radon posted:

Joe is a hugger. He authored the VAWA and regularily condemns this kind of poo poo.
Also, I can't think of a single person who wouldn't welcome a little TLC from Great Uncle Joe.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
So what are the chances of Trump suing the poo poo out of the GOP for abandoning him?

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Lol CNN says Ivanka is supposed to speak soon.

Where's Rinse Pubis been? Is he on suicide watch? Has anyone checked the Jack Daniels bottling plant?

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fdcIwHKd_s

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The Republicans turning against Trump will be an unmitigated disaster this year, but I fear it'll be good for the Republican Party in the long run. If they turn against him now, it's going to be harder for the Democrats to hold Trump against all Republicans in the years to come, which I think would have been an effective strategy. Republicans will get away with "oh, Trump was a fluke, we're not like that now" and "that was four years ago, I'm interested in the issues of today."

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
I'm still not sure why the GOP is trying to separate so much. It's too late to separate in the minds of most voters and by separating you're just throwing the party into chaos.

Like at this point they've undoubtedly angered Trump. And that man is a man who holds a grudge and will be vindictive at the expense of everything. Even if Trump somehow does spectacularly at the debate he'll still blow it since he'll lash out at the GOP at which point nobody wins.

They should've just gone down with the Trump ship through Election Day. In two years whether or not they stuck with him another month isn't going to loving matter

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I want so badly to believe this "source" is reliable

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

trash person posted:

I'm still not sure why the GOP is trying to separate so much. It's too late to separate in the minds of most voters and by separating you're just throwing the party into chaos.

Like at this point they've undoubtedly angered Trump. And that man is a man who holds a grudge and will be vindictive at the expense of everything. Even if Trump somehow does spectacularly at the debate he'll still blow it since he'll lash out at the GOP at which point nobody wins.

They should've just gone down with the Trump ship through Election Day. In two years whether or not they stuck with him another month isn't going to loving matter

They're not thinking about 2016. They're thinking about 2018 and 2020 and they want the narrative to be "we denounced this guy".

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

trash person posted:

Sticking to him now would doom them forever though. They don't really have an out.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Casimir Radon posted:

Yes, and he's done good work both on the topic and just all-around.

But also

He can be a bit creepy.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Yeah, Pence must be furious, he just want his hands in a woman's uterus.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

trash person posted:

Because there are undoubtedly a lot of people in the GOP - employees and congresspeople - who were told to shut the gently caress up and support Trump or else their careers could be ended. They have the perfect opportunity to revolt.

The ones that have supported him will likely have to answer to voters at some point in the future, so they have to walk back their support ASAP.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

happyhippy posted:

So what are the chances of Trump suing the poo poo out of the GOP for abandoning him?

He's absolutely going to blame them, and his supporters may very well eat it up if the reports from the Ryan event are true. The GOP may literally fracture over this. :unsmigghh:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I bet there is something worse. I bet there is video of Trump sexually assaulting a woman.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Coheed and Camembert posted:

Lol CNN says Ivanka is supposed to speak soon.

Is someone gonna ask her how she feels about her father telling Howard Stern that it's cool to call her a piece of rear end?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Stereotype posted:

I bet there is something worse. I bet there is video of Trump sexually assaulting a woman.

There is and it is going to drop next friday or the friday after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Pakled posted:

The Republicans turning against Trump will be an unmitigated disaster this year, but I fear it'll be good for the Republican Party in the long run. If they turn against him now, it's going to be harder for the Democrats to hold Trump against all Republicans in the years to come, which I think would have been an effective strategy. Republicans will get away with "oh, Trump was a fluke, we're not like that now" and "that was four years ago, I'm interested in the issues of today."

Except that this means they lose the deplorables.

• Locked thread