Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Geight posted:

They do, and it's totally going to do that.

PSA: For stuff like this, keep 30 or so GBs available. Trust us. You don't want to have to worry about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Ghost Dog posted:

dw is not anything like it was before the patch, tans have 960 health just like on mayhem and possible on od? everything had a massive health buff and the difficulty is not comparable. you can get to adequate cop killing power if every single build you have uses berserker and frenzy i guess. or lmgs to just power through the bullet sponges but its very bad currently

Nope. I'm not finding this true. Ran through a Mayhem Birth of Sky with the CR 805B with no damage buffs. Worked fine.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
Tried out One down with some other 25-100s and my shotgun frenzy build (which was previously death on 2 legs) could not keep up. Several players switched to bows and crossbows and won on kills because they do more damage than the thanatos now. Get boiling point done now on OD because russian mercs are doing overkill or normal damage. They still spawn in OD numbers though. Lots of problems with some players crashing, even without mods enabled.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Nope. I'm not finding this true. Ran through a Mayhem Birth of Sky with the CR 805B with no damage buffs. Worked fine.

theres nothing to find. its objectively true that everything has more health.and not a little more, 500+ more health in some cases, some cases even more. use pocohud or something, or like idk use your eyes its glaringly obvious

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Yakuza New Meta

Even though it sounds like a bug I like the idea of 1D having hard, to impossible, cop domination.

Is carshop timer the same or lower than dw

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Holy poo poo is stealth hosed right now in One Down. Sometimes you get noticed for the weirdest things, other times you get detected and then forgotten about.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

swims posted:

Yakuza New Meta

What a wonderful phrase :allears:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Crabtree posted:

Holy poo poo is stealth hosed right now in One Down. Sometimes you get noticed for the weirdest things, other times you get detected and then forgotten about.

I stealthed Jewelry Store on One Down. Felt the same as pre patch Death Wish, in that there's fences and dead civvies.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
As much as I like stealth, I don't think there's really any interesting room in this game for One Down stealth to be significantly harder than Deathwish. Sure, they can add more guards and/or cameras, but what else is there?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
random wide-angle cameras come immediately to mind, to completely shut off certain routes without ECM support

it's weird that at the highest level of stealth play, ECMs are still largely optional. doc bags and ammo bags are not at all optional on highest levels of loud play so i don't see this as a problem at all.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
devs had previously said they didn't want ECMs to ever be mandatory for stealth, though I think that position was relaxed somewhat with skill changes. The problem with this difficulty change is that apparently it was virtually a one-man show with ovk_jules, with no involvement by "map designers", people who know how to/are assigned to alter or consider individual map changes. So zero planned stealth changes, zero map changes generally. Really disappointing in that regard.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
What time do they usually update again?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Wintermutant posted:

What time do they usually update again?

Massively variable, I'm afraid. After noon EST?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I wanna say soonish. They tend to float round 10am PST.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Today it's supposed to be around 8:00 CEST (GMT+1)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/218620/discussions/8/350544272210531800/

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

widespread posted:

I stealthed Jewelry Store on One Down. Felt the same as pre patch Death Wish, in that there's fences and dead civvies.

I'm talking Golden Grin, unless they really changed the stealth for regular Deathwish, there's all sorts of weird new stuff now including guards instantly replacing one you just killed, aforementioned wonky detection, some real dickish waiting in certain places where the player is and sometimes guards having weird death sounds. The easiest poo poo is still very much doable, but it goes a little sideways the more complex the heist is.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Crabtree posted:

I'm talking Golden Grin, unless they really changed the stealth for regular Deathwish, there's all sorts of weird new stuff now including guards instantly replacing one you just killed, aforementioned wonky detection, some real dickish waiting in certain places where the player is and sometimes guards having weird death sounds. The easiest poo poo is still very much doable, but it goes a little sideways the more complex the heist is.

I kinda wanna go complex now that you mention it. Solo doable or is it recommended to get some spotting men?

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF
Frankelstner has made the journey up Mount Sourcecode and returned with The Word of God.
Let's sperg about numbers.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Jules update:

quote:

About the dozers :

About the dozers, we still believe making the non stunable was a good thing so far. The problem we see is that they are to hard to kill right now. What we are thinking to do right now is too increase their HS multiplier and put a damage clamp to make sure they cannot be One shoted.

About armors :

We will be monitoring this for a bit more this situation for One Down. There first change that comes to mind is to lower the accuracy rather than buff armors. Because of how dodge work this would be most beneficial to armor builds and not dodge builds.

Cops, FBI, extra

They were now added to scale with difficulty but we are looking into reverting that. Having to face too strong enemies on spawn does not seem to feel good to the player. And seem to create some issues in stealth.

Murky waters are another matter we will keep them for now. Due to the fact that in a few heist they replace the swat.

About the cloakers :

For the cloaker, we will increase the headshot damage multiplier for now. Making it so a well placed shot would help dispatch them quickly.

We will have a look at what seems to make cloakers spawn more than they should on certain heist.

About the body expertise :

The skill iis working improperly and the description is wrong. Current goal of the skill when aced is to apply optimal headshot damage to the body not more not less.
Working on fixing it right now.

About converted :

For the the converted, they were boosted because on test we found that they would die all the time and have not impact in the higher difficulty.
Turns out the reason for that was that they seem to take explosion damage with out reduction. We will fix that and tune them down.

Also there is bug that currently not let you dominate in stealth properly.

About melee weapon :

Melee weapon are suffering right now more than usual. We will for now increase the damage gained throught the Pumping Iron skill. This is meant to be a temporary fix until we can have a deeper look at the melee weapon functionality issue.

About the result :

So far looking at stats, the success rate ratio seems to be steady. And we start seeing movement on what difficulty people play. We will keep monitoring as the event goes on.

About the health :

Posting about that soon. But Maledictus is catching on. The reason for that jump about mayhem and above is the skills. We are currently expecting players to be able to react with their builds at this points. Like said will give more details soon.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

widespread posted:

I kinda wanna go complex now that you mention it. Solo doable or is it recommended to get some spotting men?

I've been solo stealthing most of them, but some have had restarts due to stealth bad luck as usual. I'd rather they keep it mostly like this as far as not changing anything outside of Deathwish because Stealth is already its own weird difficulty already.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Discendo Vox posted:

Jules update:

:words:

I'm wondering if they tested the combined changes. My friend and I were discussing this over beer yesterday and it seems like they had a bunch of minor tweaks that would've been awesome but then they combined everything and screwed it up. At least this is a step in the right direction... sorta.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Ghost Dog posted:

theres nothing to find. its objectively true that everything has more health.and not a little more, 500+ more health in some cases, some cases even more. use pocohud or something, or like idk use your eyes its glaringly obvious

I was referring to this bit:

quote:

you can get to adequate cop killing power if every single build you have uses berserker and frenzy i guess. or lmgs to just power through the bullet sponges but its very bad currently

You do not need to stack damage boosts to get through Mayhem, and I think "it's very bad" is probably an overstatement.

People talking about pretty massive health increases are right, though. Most enemies now have anywhere from two to five times as much health. Once you factor in the headshot bonuses (standard and perk deck), things look a little more manageable:

Guard: 96
FBI, SWAT, Green, Elite, Gangster: 192
Heavy SWAT, Tan: 384
Shield: 192
Taser: 720
Cloaker: 1440
Bulldozer: 1920

Specials are much stronger, but somewhat more uncommon. Not an unreasonable trade-off, honestly.

The buffed regular units are the nasty part. Like I said earlier, if you were previously running a build that brought a lot of damage to the table, you won't notice a difference. You're still one-shotting most of the regular enemies. If you were using a low-damage weapon, then yeah, enemies will feel more durable. Still plenty survivable, though.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Malek posted:

I'm wondering if they tested the combined changes. My friend and I were discussing this over beer yesterday and it seems like they had a bunch of minor tweaks that would've been awesome but then they combined everything and screwed it up. At least this is a step in the right direction... sorta.

Check out Frankelstner's post that choose links above- it looks more like they got high and spit out numbers at random. It's really a mess.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

E: nvm this is just too stupid to delve into

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 8, 2016

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Crabtree posted:

I've been solo stealthing most of them, but some have had restarts due to stealth bad luck as usual. I'd rather they keep it mostly like this as far as not changing anything outside of Deathwish because Stealth is already its own weird difficulty already.

Yeah, and I know on Deathwish there's all sorts of stuff to factor into, besides stealth luck.

I'll have to try Mayhem first then One Down. Chances are, if I try to keep it clandestine, all I should bring is the ECM pack, akimbo compacts, and my very speshul colored Gruber.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
more on OD changes: https://www.reddit.com/r/paydaytheheist/comments/56hm3u/the_important_secret_changes_of_one_down_update/

quote:

Body Expretise basic gives you 0.75 multiplier and 1.5 for aced, meaning you will dealing x4 damage of your gun if you are taking aced.

It's already known, but Grenade launchers, bows, crossbows, Nagant got buffed it's damages.

Flamethrower's dot damage now has x10 more damage. It was 10 per tick, now it's 100. Ticks continues for 6.1 seconds, it was 3.1 seconds. Ignite chance is 35% now, up from 30%.

Frag Grenade now has 900 damage, up from 600. Dynamite now has 1600, up from 600, Javelin now has 7500, up from 1100. Throwing Axe has UNCHANGED and remains at 1100 damage.

The fire on the floor made by Molotovs, Tripmines or Incendiary now has 10 base damage, down from 30. Fire dot deals 150 damage per tick, and dot damage remains for 6 seconds, up from 3. The ticks can occur 2 timers per seconds.

Incendiary now only burns floor for 10 seconds, down from 25.

The number limits of special units has changed. Cloakers and Bulldozers can only spawn 2 at same time now. Check the original post for more information. Seems like they have already defined the limit of new special units too.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
https://www.twitch.tv/starbreeze

New Safehouse is being streamed right now.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Just been doing some performance testing in solo+ai mode on Hard and i don't remember waves including 2-3 simultaneous tasers at all times? Like the moment you kill them they spawn again immediately. Is my memory just terrible or is this part of the new rebalancing?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

side jobs 2.0 for gagecontinental coins, plus item-specific unlocks.

There's also a time trial thing in the basement.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Oct 8, 2016

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Continental coins only do safe house things, right?

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Dr Cheeto posted:

Continental coins only do safe house things, right?

Looks like it soo far.

New Safehouse is really neat. All sort of cool ideas. I'm hoping that Overkill will release some extra content - maybe swap out some upgrades with alternate paths.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Continental coins? What, couldn't think of something else like Crime Tokens, Wilko? :v:

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Crabtree posted:

Continental coins? What, couldn't think of something else like Crime Tokens, Wilko? :v:

I think that's a John Wick reference.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Pretty timely considering they just released the first trailer for the new John Wick.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
The fattest pipe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZvuoSqblMo

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Lyrai posted:

I think that's a John Wick reference.

Oh Jesus, this is an actual thing from the film and not a dumb joke. So that's what those gold things were in the case he unearthed. I thought those were just loving gold bars that he could melt down into literal easy money for guns.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I just realized. Did they sorta lift the tiered safehouse system from Saints Row 2? I remember something like that for each property you can take residence in.

Or were inspired by, I should say.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

YESSSS

That was my favorite of the three I submitted!

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Crabtree posted:

Oh Jesus, this is an actual thing from the film and not a dumb joke. So that's what those gold things were in the case he unearthed. I thought those were just loving gold bars that he could melt down into literal easy money for guns.

Yeah, I always thought they were supposed to be a valuable (and less traceable) currency like krugerrands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
I just noticed today that I could bet offshore bux for another round of card flipping on the Crime.net page, has that always been there?

EDIT: I see that is has been there as far as I can tell and that I've somehow just missed seeing it until now :psyduck: