Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Trying to poach someone's wife is bad for sure. And so is joking about sexual assault.

"joking"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

trash person posted:

Trump referring to Obama as a 'friend of the family' on video would be impactful with independent/undecided voters.

Obama's favorability rating is decently high right now

I've always said this is the one thing that would do him in, outside of literally dying on stage. It would certainly "matter" in a way that this current controversy ultimately wouldn't.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

D1E posted:

I don't think you get it.

He's on tape admitting to sexual assault.

He said they'd let him do it. He didn't say he actually did it, correct?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

socilest butthomo posted:

She's gonna execute him and wants us all to see it.

https://twitter.com/guypbenson/status/784876957745819648

T. rex doesn't want to be fed it wants to hunt

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Fitzy Fitz posted:

He said they'd let him do it. He didn't say he actually did it, correct?

No he didn't say "they'd" - as in they "would" - let him do it. HE said they LET HIM DO IT - as in he did it.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

D1E posted:

I don't think you get it.

He's on tape admitting to sexual assault.

Bragging about it, even. He's a star! He can do whatever he wants and they'll LET him.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
So this is what an 18hr erection feels like.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Bad Moon posted:

T. rex doesn't want to be fed it wants to hunt

That has to be a joke tweet.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
He's looking at you

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/266936649592754176

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

*in desperate trump voice* D..don't call Hannity!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Is this new for Sean Hannity? :allears: edit: whoops timestamp.

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

And it is, it is a glorious thing, to be a Basset King!
You know, I think, among remaining voters who will be supporting Trump, that either a tape of him openly advocating/demanding an abortion, or openly mocking god/the christian faith would hurt him a hell of a lot more than a hot-mic n-word.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Deified Data posted:

I've always said this is the one thing that would do him in, outside of literally dying on stage. It would certainly "matter" in a way that this current controversy ultimately wouldn't.

Uhhhh, it's mattering. This is October, and he was already significantly behind. He is going to have to spend his last month on the trail desperately trying to dig himself out of this hole, as endorsements and donors flee his camp. I don't know if it hurts him more than if he had called Obama that word, but this will hurt him enough. He's done.:fork:

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx

Pollyanna posted:

Is this new for Sean Hannity? :allears:

Note the timestamp, he said that 4 years ago.

Now he's bending over backwards trying to defend Donald.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

So this is what an 18hr erection feels like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pusZXECS0mM

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
It's not going to be him saying friend of the family. It's going to be him grabbing some poor girl in the crotch, squeezing her rear end and kissing her to her obvious discomfort.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
Nominate literally anyone else other than Donald Trump and this race would be ridiculously close. That's the craziest part about this. The GOP could have had everything and their base blew it on Donald 'You're Fired' Trump.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

For a break, have an Alaska poll, whereby Trump went from 39-31 to 37-34 in a month.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

BigRed0427 posted:

I'm going to say it's insulting American Workers.

Not worse than saying the N word or something EXTREMELY racists. But that would be landslide for Hillary.

Can't see it being workers.
Soldiers, yeah sure.

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

This might be the most meaningless comment I've read so far.

"My advice to you is you pick someone who will win. Also notice that I mentioned MEN and WOMEN so please don't lump me in with Don."

Edit" Well poo poo, didn't see the 2012 bit.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Trying to poach someone's wife is bad for sure. And so is joking about sexual assault.

But he's said so many other things that were as bad or worse. I get that the Right is willing to give all sorts of poo poo a pass, but what separates this one?

e: I'm willing to accept that it's his already-low poll numbers rather than the content of the recording itself. GOP sucks poo poo.

He needed college educated white women to have any chance of winning. He won't get them now.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

canepazzo posted:

For a break, have an Alaska poll, whereby Trump went from 39-31 to 37-34 in a month.

For comparison, Romney won Alaska by FIFTEEN POINTS

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

socilest butthomo posted:

She's gonna execute him and wants us all to see it.

https://twitter.com/guypbenson/status/784876957745819648

"When Mar-A-Lago is ashes, then you have my permission to die"

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Of course the nuclear video tape they're sitting on is not just Trump saying some naughty/vile word no matter how racist it is. It's going to be undeniable, photographic evidence of him doing something completely and utterly illegal/vile.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

trash person posted:

Nominate literally anyone else other than Donald Trump and this race would be ridiculously close. That's the craziest part about this. The GOP could have had everything and their base blew it on Donald 'You're Fired' Trump.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Even if we had gotten a conventionally dangerous Republican like Cruz or Pence, I think Clinton loses. Trump is the worst Presidential candidate I have ever seen.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Deified Data posted:

"This is just how white people talk in private! Besides, Hillary said superpredators!!!"

You guys saying that any other candidate would have crushed Hillary are naive to assume Jeb! or Kasich or Cruz would have inspired the same devout loyalty from their supporters.

bowser fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 8, 2016

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Fitzy Fitz posted:

But he's said so many other things that were as bad or worse. I get that the Right is willing to give all sorts of poo poo a pass, but what separates this one?

He wasn't joking about sexual assault and disrespecting women in the abstract sense. He was joking about real sexual assaults that he had committed. He crossed the line from saying tasteless poo poo into Cosbyville.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Sorry, but Sean, you guys call discipline 'political correctness'

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Sam Bee with a great response:

https://twitter.com/FullFrontalSamB/status/784557197799796736

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

The Vitally Important Pelvic Thrust
I bet it's him making GBS threads on his own supporters. Calling them easily fooled, mocking their intelligence/culture, maybe putting down the South and/or Midwest in general.

And even then they'll be "give us hell, Quimby!"

MrNemo
Aug 26, 2010

"I just love beeting off"

Bassetking posted:

You know, I think, among remaining voters who will be supporting Trump, that either a tape of him openly advocating/demanding an abortion, or openly mocking god/the christian faith would hurt him a hell of a lot more than a hot-mic n-word.

I'd said it about mocking God but I think you're right with the first one. There's got to be tape out there of Trump saying a Miss Universe candidate has to have a loving abortion, just make her have it! Get that thing out of her for Christ's sake we need her on stage in 3 months. Like, I think that would hurt way, way more than calling Obama a n****r would with people who were going to vote for him.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

The response is even better.

https://twitter.com/FullFrontalSamB/status/784559100793327616

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Augus posted:

"party of Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt"
:barf:

Okay, I know that they love the hypocritical "party of Lincoln" thing, but claiming Teddy would support their current state is even more ridiculous. The man actually left the Republican party to form the Progressive Party at one point; he was further left than some Democrats today and is responsible for all sorts of things the Republicans hate, like how many national parks/federal lands we have. Teddy would loathe the modern GOP.

Pick posted:

I really don't think Trump abuses his daughter, I just think he genuinely loves her but doesn't know the appropriate way to express love for a woman (or man for that matter) as opposed to mere randiness, and it ends up super skeevy.

"Randiness" towards his daughter is abusive, though. It might not be intentionally so, but growing up with your father openly lusting after you is not going to do good things for you.

Anyway, for people speculating on what the "worse" oppo dump could be, remember, he didn't just run beauty pageants and whatnot (though we do know he was very "hand on" in those, based on what people there have said). He owned the Miss Teen USA pageants too.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Et Tu Hannity?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Deified Data posted:

...are you insane, this controversy matters a lot

I'm not sure the racism would be any worse than "i rape women"

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

:wow:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I'm still imagining an alternate universe where Joe Biden was the candidate.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

*smug sigh*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Pleasing Shape posted:

I bet it's him making GBS threads on his own supporters. Calling them easily fooled, mocking their intelligence/culture, maybe putting down the South and/or Midwest in general.

And even then they'll be "give us hell, Quimby!"

He literally already did this. There's an interview with him stating if he did enter politics he'd enter as a republican cause they are some of the dumbest voters around and are easily fooled

I am dumb oops

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Oct 8, 2016

• Locked thread