Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well, at least he drew the line at 12 year olds.

12 year olds, donny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

The Vitally Important Pelvic Thrust
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/784886016092082176
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/784888006138327040
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/784887396240326657

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Worse scandals= fewer votes for Donald and more chance at retaking the house.
That's what really matters now.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
When that tweet said "we have an oppo that's worse", did they mean morally worse or worse for the campaign?

Not that it would normally matter in a perfect world but if it's worse for his campaign, I am definitely banking on this Cheeto Man calling his supporters stupid hicks or something. Like that one rumor about him saying that already isn't true...back then, and as far as we know. If it's morally worse then...people have already said where that could possibly go and I don't want to think about it. :(

Have this!

https://twitter.com/politico/status/784886102893137920

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Bob Dole is sticking with Trump, don't worry guys it will all be OK for the Trump campaign.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

lozzle posted:

Elliot Spitzer.

Maybe.
Chuck Shumer. I can't really think of anybody outside of the northeast that can stand him.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Also me +2 roommates.

I'll chuckle if we go blue :getin:

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Bill Mitchell: Does not know how trains work.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

BaDandy posted:

When that tweet said "we have an oppo that's worse", did they mean morally worse or worse for the campaign?

Not that it would normally matter in a perfect world but if it's worse for his campaign, I am definitely banking on this Cheeto Man calling his supporters stupid hicks or something. Like that one rumor about him saying that already isn't true...back then, and as far as we know. If it's morally worse then...people have already said where that could possibly go and I don't want to think about it. :(

Have this!

https://twitter.com/politico/status/784886102893137920

Dear Members of the Press: It's 2016 and Arnold is a former governor. PLEASE STOP MAKING TERMINATOR REFERENCES EVERY TIME HE SHOWS UP!

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Question I've been meaning to ask for a while: when Trumpers pull out the "Hillary defended a rapist and intimidated victims into silence" thing, what incident are they referring to and is it actually documented in any meaningful way outside of a hunch?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
He played a terminator more-recently than serving as a public official.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

lfield posted:

Thought experiment: which democrat could Trump have beaten?

Anthony Weiner

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Trumpsters have found a metric even dumber than rally sizes and yard signs I see.

yoctoontologist
Sep 11, 2011

MrNemo posted:

I'd said it about mocking God

"I like people who didn't get crucified."

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/billpruitt/status/784872190587998209

It never ends!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

So we keep hearing "worse is coming."

Why is it good for there to be worse? Donald was never going to win, and now he's really, really not ever going to win. The republican party probably won't make it out of this intact either. But if it's something really terrible, like domestic abuse of wives/children, that's just going to hurt his victims. If he's hurling insults at his base, that's just going to make it easier for them to move on to the next bigoted demagogue who crops up in 2018. If "worse" is him expressing his racism directly, it's not like that would create a rational, open-minded discussion of racism in the US.

Don't get me wrong, I think Donald Trump is human garbage in every conceivable way. But is there any real positive to more scandal, aside from the warm fuzzy we get when we see an rear end in a top hat get what they deserve? Haven't we already gotten that now?

Basically: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcZzlPGnKdU

A. Disgust at the Candidate trickes down to disgust at the party in the downticket.

B. gently caress Trump

C. The more the party defends and refuses to repudiate Trump, the worse this goes for them going forwards

D. See B.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

But is there any real positive to more scandal, aside from the warm fuzzy we get when we see an rear end in a top hat get what they deserve? Haven't we already gotten that now?
This brand of jingoist racist sexist xenophobic politics has to be nationally shamed as a failure so people don't flirt with it again. It needs to be so bad that anyone associated with it, openly or tacitly, is disfigured by it moving forward.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice
So what's left for Trump to do at this point?

If he quits the campaign he loses his followers. Seems like he'll try to hit Hillary as hard as he can and turn against the GOPe.

A stab in the back narrative will allow him to avoid being blamed for the loss and keep his followers for whatever he plans next.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

BigRed0427 posted:

Dear Members of the Press: It's 2016 and Arnold is a former governor. PLEASE STOP MAKING TERMINATOR REFERENCES EVERY TIME HE SHOWS UP!

Nah he was a poo poo governor he doesn't deserve gravitas.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

BigRed0427 posted:

Terminator references will always be back.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Arnie is more terminator than governor, really.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

So we keep hearing "worse is coming."

Why is it good for there to be worse? Donald was never going to win, and now he's really, really not ever going to win. The republican party probably won't make it out of this intact either. But if it's something really terrible, like domestic abuse of wives/children, that's just going to hurt his victims. If he's hurling insults at his base, that's just going to make it easier for them to move on to the next bigoted demagogue who crops up in 2018. If "worse" is him expressing his racism directly, it's not like that would create a rational, open-minded discussion of racism in the US.

Don't get me wrong, I think Donald Trump is human garbage in every conceivable way. But is there any real positive to more scandal, aside from the warm fuzzy we get when we see an rear end in a top hat get what they deserve? Haven't we already gotten that now?

Basically: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcZzlPGnKdU

because this has to be a goldwater level defeat.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Who is Bill Mitchell, anyway? Some kind of religious right type?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he's the guy that had the donkey kong record.

there's a kill screen coming up. if you're interested.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

lfield posted:

Lawrence Lessing.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

But is there any real positive to more scandal, aside from the warm fuzzy we get when we see an rear end in a top hat get what they deserve?

Overwhelming success can effect the downticket. If Hillary wins big enough/Donald damages the Republicans badly enough, they could massively lose in the House and Senate. What with changing demographics, the Republicans don't have too many years where they are assured big power. Win this overwhelmingly enough, and you might be able to start legitimately killing the Republican Party for good.

ltkerensky
Oct 27, 2010

Biggest lurker to ever lurk.

She's the best.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Lawrence Lessing.

Press Manager Brian Boyko would have catapulted Something Awful back into the public consciousness.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Zwabu posted:

Who is Bill Mitchell, anyway? Some kind of religious right type?
Based on his pictures he's Ray Liotta on a lot more cocaine.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

lfield posted:

He could have beaten Biden. Biden wouldn't have been able to capitalise on this sort of crisis.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

I laughed so hard at this

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

Liquid Communism posted:

A. Disgust at the Candidate trickes down to disgust at the party in the downticket.

B. gently caress Trump

C. The more the party defends and refuses to repudiate Trump, the worse this goes for them going forwards

D. See B.

If A is a real possibility, then gently caress yeah, get new scandals out as often as possible. C is a foregone conclusion; they're just going to have to pick between pro-trump and anti-trump republicans. They're done, full stop. If Trump is the response to your soul searching after Romney, you're finished.

Despite my attempt at a moral high ground, I do have to admit that a disastrous revelation regarding Eric Trump or whatever the other son is named would make my week.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Vox has a collection of tweets which demonstrate why the GOP is toast.

Highlights:

https://twitter.com/mckaycoppins/status/784839741162258433?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/sbauerAP/status/784833664890920960?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/784792196620791808?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/784889157025931264

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Deified Data posted:

Question I've been meaning to ask for a while: when Trumpers pull out the "Hillary defended a rapist and intimidated victims into silence" thing, what incident are they referring to and is it actually documented in any meaningful way outside of a hunch?
Bill's unwanted advances on women are somewhat documented but yeah I also want to know if there is a shred of documentation to Hillary being involved.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
Trump was just exchanging one NBC reality series for another. I'm excited about the bold new direction The Biggest Loser is heading toward.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Deified Data posted:

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-freed-child-rapist-laughed-about-it/

She was assigned to the case, and that's what public defenders do.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Fangz posted:

He could have beaten Biden. Biden wouldn't have been able to capitalise on this sort of crisis.
:stare: He absolutely would have. He's a little creepy, but as far as I know he's never openly bragged about grabbing women by the crotch because being a Senator makes him a big fuckin deal

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

BigRed0427 posted:

Right on, Conan works much better for political jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Prester Jane posted:

And some of yall were worried that Trump was gonna pull it off somehow. I'm glad the stress of that is now over and we can concentrate on making Hillary's victory margin as large as possible rather than stressing over doomsday "what-if's" centered around a hypothetical Trump Presidency.

That said, based on my experiences with narcissists like Trump I suggest everyone try and find as much mirth in this situation as possible, because whatever comes out after this is going to be worse. And there is going to be a ton of it. And it is going to keep coming.

Also Trump is not going to take this well at all. This is very probably the start of the full on meltdown that I projected.

Also Also: Trump's followers are not going to handle this well either.

So with that said.......

...........buckle the gently caress in, this ride is about to get wild as gently caress.

PJ what do you think is gonna happen to Trump psychologically if he loses

• Locked thread