Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

WampaLord posted:

I've read every post today.

This feeling, I've never felt it before. It is the purest form of satisfaction I've felt in a long time.

He's finished. She's going to win by a landslide. Senate is assured, House is within grasp.

Hail Satan.
I've been a good mood and have been listening to Billy Idol all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

RocktheCaulk posted:

So how is Hillary going to deflect the Trump attacks on Bill? What's the strategy?

part 1 of the strategy is that this is an horrible idea for a line of attack that will make Trump look like even more of a shithead

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

woke wedding drone posted:

It sounds like it's not very boring if he's trying to get at you.

yeah but 'barely restrained impulsive manchild who believes he is above the law' isn't really a kink

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
https://twitter.com/KevinFarzad/status/784930375172698113

WampaLord posted:

if we win the House and the Senate, super majority doesn't even matter anymore. Filibuster's getting nuked on Day 1 in that scenario.

I think Dems safely win the Senate at this point, but how likely is it they take the House?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Coheed and Camembert posted:

https://twitter.com/KevinFarzad/status/784930375172698113

I think Dems safely win the Senate at this point, but how likely is it they take the House?

Not likely. Even if Trump bombs hard, you need to keep Dem turnout high and Republican turnout low in favorably Republican districts with weak Dem candidates. You'd have to see Democrats REALLY motivated to vote in an absolutely blowout scenario.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

FuzzySlippers posted:

I don't see how Pence jumping ship helps anyone least of all him.

He was already a politician almost at the end of his career before Trump ended up with him. He looked briefly okay nationally but only next to Trump's buffoonery. He has no future in national politics if he becomes despised by the deplorables for abandoning Trump.

How does it help the GOP to essentially drop their candidate? Like they think they can just go "never mind no presidential candidate this year folks, but about those other races.." and it won't depress the hell out of turnout? I get them pulling the money but don't they have to pretend Trump is a serious candidate no matter what?

No, there's a point where Trump's ceiling shrinks enough that they're better off disavowing him and emphasizing party unity otherwise, to try to have a higher ceiling than Trump for the downballot races. I don't know if they're actually there yet, but the GOP leadership seems to think they are.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

RocktheCaulk posted:

but don't know how Abuela is going to respond to the scorched earth nature Trumps coming in with.

same way she did in the first debate

holt: "ms. clinton you used a private email server, was that dumb?"

clinton: "yes, i hosed up. it was dumb. i'm sorry and i wont do it again"

holt: "mr. trump your taxes are all hosed up"

trump: "well first of all it's good to not pay taxes, furthermore" *five minutes of stupidity*

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

RocktheCaulk posted:

I'm thinking he is going to take a your an enabler etc approach, but then again he is a corn cob so who knows what angle he is going to come from. I agree it will do nothing to get more votes to his side, but don't know how Abuela is going to respond to the scorched earth nature Trumps coming in with.

I honestly think she's more prepared for him to go Scorched Earth than this dog whistling that the GOP has done for 20+ years. If he decides to fly into the sun with this, she can crush it in such a way that it will never be brought up in politics again, which I am sure she would prefer. This doubly goes for if she can basically blot the man out from the face of the earth and pretty much destroy the man professionally and personally in such a way that even if someone was feeling particularly pussy grabby, they would have Trumps utter destruction as a warning to heed seriously.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Thaddius the Large posted:

Part of a whole series on how Trump can keep making things worse for the GOP,

https://twitter.com/joshuagreen/status/784924809926938624

https://twitter.com/joshuagreen/status/784925098067259392

Yes Trump, for gods sake please do this. You are absolutely qualified and prepared to take on a criminal defense attorney about one of her old cases, one who has spent her entire adult life fending off attacks from others. You will certainly handle this is a sensitive and tasteful manner. You most definitely will not undermine a fundamental tenant of our legal system by questioning whether the accused should have representation in a court of law. And it will all be on national tv!

Edit: cleaned up formatting because I'm real bad at posting links

"Mr Trump, do you really think your lawyers at your child rape trial next week should not be defending you?"

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

boner confessor posted:

trump's sexuality is probably really boring and lovely, given how he treats it as every other aspect of his life, a facade to impress others

Or, there's a Domme out there in his past who used to cornhole with a big, black dildo. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it would grant him permanent cuck status if something like that came out.

But, I'm betting it's child sexual abuse.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jazerus posted:

I don't know if they're actually there yet, but the GOP leadership seems to think they are.

it's a month out, the oppo file is just starting to crack open like the ark of the covenant, and trump's campaign is already sinking while on fire. they are there

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

There's a non-zero chance Trump fully melts down and physically attacks Hillary tomorrow, isn't there?

RocktheCaulk posted:

So how is Hillary going to deflect the Trump attacks on Bill? What's the strategy?

She's had 20 years to prepare. She's fine.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

boner confessor posted:

yeah but 'barely restrained impulsive manchild who believes he is above the law' isn't really a kink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aESwFtEWnpM&t=48s

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I think what's actually going to throw the House to the Dems, if it happens, would be disgruntled Trump diehards doing the ballot equivalent of TRUMP! *click*
punishing every other Republican for not standing by their man.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

gfsincere posted:

I honestly think she's more prepared for him to go Scorched Earth than this dog whistling that the GOP has done for 20+ years. If he decides to fly into the sun with this, she can crush it in such a way that it will never be brought up in politics again, which I am sure she would prefer. This doubly goes for if she can basically blot the man out from the face of the earth and pretty much destroy the man professionally and personally in such a way that even if someone was feeling particularly pussy grabby, they would have Trumps utter destruction as a warning to heed seriously.

Hail Abuela!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Night10194 posted:

So, how do you think Clinton parries and redirects the bullshit about 'You're a sex criminal too because uh things!'? I'm curious what strats might go down.

The thing is that Donny is recycling FW:FW:FW: emails and Right Wing Radio attacks from the 90s. There is nothing new here and there is virtually no conceivable way that Hillary hasn't had a response ready, polished, rethought, repolished, rephrased, and spit shined to the point where you can see an image of her rage coming to strangle you from behind in your reflection.

Ogmius815 posted:

How do you think Clinton will deal with the speech transcripts? I know this thread isn't worried about them but I think they're really and. If Trump hadn't chosen Friday to melt down I think it would be a real problem, and it still might.

There's nothing in the transcripts that she hasn't already said in public. So dealing with them is academic.

lozzle posted:

Jefferson believed this unironically.

To be fair, half the country believed Jefferson to be a "half breed" agent of the French aristocracy looking to sell the country into slavery.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
the completely glorious thing about all of this is that we're a month away from the election and already it's every man for himself. today has been a really great day. i took my kid for a walk and met up with friends and all we could do all day long was laugh about politics. it's like a holiday

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ogmius815 posted:

How do you think Clinton will deal with the speech transcripts? I know this thread isn't worried about them but I think they're really and. If Trump hadn't chosen Friday to melt down I think it would be a real problem, and it still might.

They are literally meaningless even if this hadn't happened.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

WampaLord posted:

if we win the House and the Senate, super majority doesn't even matter anymore. Filibuster's getting nuked on Day 1 in that scenario.
What's the next day of business for Congress? Because I'm wondering if Garland's going to get confirmed now that it's absolutely clear they are screwed with a capital hosed come January.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Ogmius815 posted:

rear end cherry picked and posted parts of her speeches.

Clinton counters and posts the whole speech so the whole context is there.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/784891126423715840

I don't think donations work like that.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

They did this after Romney crashed and burned, on the argument of 'Hello, yes, I paid for one (1) president and did not receive him, money back please.'

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Independent of all the great new dumpster fire action, how did you fuckers convince twitter that my phone speaks German?

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

As far as UHC goes aren't they on the lower end, with Germany, pretty much the entirety of Scandinavia, and Japan having systems that are even better?

Still beats the US, but I'd be fine with a UHC push going "gently caress it, we're copying Sweden" or something and nationalize the hospitals while heavily regulating the hell out of insurers, and include a public option. Also a unicorn made of diamond. I'll call him Butt Stallion.

Something that's always fascinated me about UHC debate in both the UK and the US is that the politicians and media act like they're the only two countries that exist. Any move to universalise health in the US must be the slippery slope to a creaky, crumbling fully-state-run system like Britain, and any move in the UK to tinker with the NHS must surely be the foot in the door for full-on American corporate privatisation. Nobody seems to consider Canada or the Netherlands or Australia or New Zealand or Denmark or any of the dozens and dozens of other countries where the private and public health sectors co-exist quite well.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

What happens if during the debate Trump admits that he's gay and that's why he always has to play like a tough heterosexual man? Does that cause the country to blue screen or what?

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

GOP donors deserve to get scammed.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

this election has been all about precedents being told to gently caress off, I hope Pence drops out. I hope Christie gets tapped to replace him, and when they lose, he comes back to NJ to get impeached

but enough of my fan fiction

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

QuarkJets posted:

What happens if during the debate Trump admits that he's gay and that's why he always has to play like a tough heterosexual man? Does that cause the country to blue screen or what?

Anderson Cooper obliterates Trump's soul and consumes him

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

trash person posted:

Anderson Cooper obliterates Trump's soul and consumes him

Speaking of Cooper, what are the odds Trump uses a slur against him in the debate?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Tender Bender posted:

There's a non-zero chance Trump fully melts down and physically attacks Hillary tomorrow, isn't there?

Someone look up the prop bet odds. I want to see where trump dropping a C-bomb is at

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Nucleic Acids posted:

Speaking of Cooper, what are the odds Trump uses a slur against him in the debate?

I'd give it about 35%. If he gets so mad he's attacking everyone around him.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Nucleic Acids posted:

I would pay good money to see Anderson Cooper devastate Trump for calling him a human being.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

I keep thinking about this. Especially if you consider how much coke he'll snort first. How surreal can we go?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Munkeymon posted:

Independent of all the great new dumpster fire action, how did you fuckers convince twitter that my phone speaks German?

I have been asking myself this all god damned day.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Nucleic Acids posted:

Trump is so oblivious he probably doesn't even know that Cooper is gay.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

freebooter posted:

Something that's always fascinated me about UHC debate in both the UK and the US is that the politicians and media act like they're the only two countries that exist. Any move to universalise health in the US must be the slippery slope to a creaky, crumbling fully-state-run system like Britain, and any move in the UK to tinker with the NHS must surely be the foot in the door for full-on American corporate privatisation. Nobody seems to consider Canada or the Netherlands or Australia or New Zealand or Denmark or any of the dozens and dozens of other countries where the private and public health sectors co-exist quite well.
Choose from the following:

* These places are full of foreigners speaking their gabbo-gabbo heathen tongues and as such the Anglosphere is unaware of them
* These places are full of foreigners, period
* Both America and Britain are full of themselves
* We didn't whip Hitler and Tojo to institute HitlerCare and MediTojo

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

It make's him a gay man who is a predator of women. I can't think of too many ways to scare off religious republicans that he hasn't done yet but that is certainly one of them.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nucleic Acids posted:

Nonsense. I have a great relationship with the fudgepackers!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Nucleic Acids posted:

If I'm Hillary that's the first loving thing I'm doing. Bring up Pence's and Trum...Actually you know what. For maximum pissing off of Donald I would do everything in my power to do nothing but attack Pence's LGBT and Womans rights thoughts.

Imagine how pissed Trump would be if she just blows him off no longer seeing him as a threat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

lozzle posted:

Trump is so oblivious he probably doesn't even know that Cooper is gay.

Queue a moment in which Trump attempting to defend his groping by appealing to Cooper's 'manliness'

• Locked thread