Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

This is slightly less annoying but come on. We know.

Are you the commissioner of the NFL? Fiimotspmbf

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Did you lose a Toxx or something?

No, I just really, really want the organization to clean house, plus it's a fun way for me to vent my frustrations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I think Grittybeard's the only poster to actually complain about it

Who would you like the Saints to replace Payton with?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
AoD we should trade hc

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Metapod posted:

AoD we should trade hc

Sean Payton with Mariota and a competent GM could be pretty scary.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Sean Payton with Mariota and a competent GM could be pretty scary.

Good news we may have the competent gm

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/784775137493151744?s=09

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick

Amy Pole Her posted:

Patriots have had the best linebackers in a decade

I'm mad they're not out there pretending Spikes and that lovely centaur man are any good

They brought out a stud from Tennessee named Mayo and since then it's never stopped. Mayo, Hightower, Collins

STOP

They finally found some decent-good CBs to stick them with and holy poo poo the difference it makes.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chichevache posted:

Wake up, Phil, it's Groundhog Day!

Philip's own personal hell is being down every single week with a minute to go and the length of the field to go.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Brannock posted:

I think Grittybeard's the only poster to actually complain about it

Who would you like the Saints to replace Payton with?

I honestly don't know. I mean, if Payton could somehow survive a total regime change with a new DC I guess maybe that might shut me up for a little while??? Anyhow, it's not like I want him or Loomis run out of town on a rail. They've done great things, I just think that maybe this is one of those scenarios where you've got proven guys that for some reason just aren't working out any more, and their recent track record backs that up. fiimotspmbf

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Philip's own personal hell is being down every single week with a minute to go and the length of the field to go.

That or trying to run out the clock against the Chiefs.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

a neat cape posted:

Sometimes Phil dreams that Drew never got hurt, and he never wants to wake up.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

A.o.D. posted:

I honestly don't know. I mean, if Payton could somehow survive a total regime change with a new DC I guess maybe that might shut me up for a little while??? Anyhow, it's not like I want him or Loomis run out of town on a rail. They've done great things, I just think that maybe this is one of those scenarios where you've got proven guys that for some reason just aren't working out any more, and their recent track record backs that up. fiimotspmbf

This is what the Eagles did with Andy Reid and the result was Chip Kelly and Doug Pederson.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Brannock posted:

This is what the Eagles did with Andy Reid and the result was Chip Kelly and Doug Pederson.

Pederson has had 3 games that he's won, as opposed to a man who subsists on jello, BBQ sandwiches, and timeouts.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I am gonna say the Chargers are up by, let's say, 10 points on the Raiders at the half, and then promptly come out and play like poo poo, and let the Raiders come back and beat them on a last ditch TD drive. Let's say.. Cooper catches the game winning TD this time.

Or, for a change of pace, the Raiders come out and just stomp the poo poo out of the Chargers from the start and don't let up until it's over.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Hopefully the Dolphins grounds crew has time to fix the massive divot in the end zone before tomorrows game.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I mean Dolphins Titans I don't know if they have to worry about the end zone too much

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Spoeank posted:

I mean Dolphins Titans I don't know if they have to worry about the end zone too much

Savage

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Demarco will be in the end zone sir :colbert:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Metapod posted:

Demarco will be in the end zone sir :colbert:

I didn't realize he was a kick returner...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

Or, for a change of pace, the Raiders come out and just stomp the poo poo out of the Chargers from the start and don't let up until it's over.

Not really a change of pace. They did that in San Diego last year

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

RH: I worked with several professional athletes, and (Manning) was by far the best of the bunch. He put on no airs. The company that we worked for promised first class flights, giant green rooms, his own trailer, Xbox games. He refused all of them and simply wanted a chair by the set where he could watch. He was really curious about how to make commercials.

He was unbelievably pleasant to everyone—despite the fact that we had to sign contracts stating that we would never speak to him, or ask him for an autograph, or engage him in any way. He would just throw the football to anyone who asked him on the sidelines.

I had the pleasure of actually having a beer with him where he told me stories of targeting people on the sidelines at the Pro Bowl—he was overthrowing wide receivers to bonk people on their heads.

A lot of professional athletes show up late, having no idea what they’re doing. Their agent says, “Hey, just show up here, and you have to play your sport.” [But Manning] would offer up alternate lines. He would try to improvise on the set, and at least twice in the commercials that I did with him, we used what he came up with on set. He’d say, “Hey, can I say something silly here?” And we’d end up using it because it felt far more natural to have him go off the cuff than for me to type out Peyton Manning-esque words 18 months beforehand.

http://www.avclub.com/article/when-game-turns-blowout-it-pays-keep-watching-243832

:allears:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

A.o.D. posted:

No LSU today, I can't bear to watch Tulane right now, and no Saints tomorrow. Someone give me a good foob all game I can kill some time with on Sunday, please. fiimotspmbf

Redzone, my Saints brother. Redzone.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Man, where was that story when he was actually playing? That's way cool.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Intentionally targeting sideline lackeys in the Pro Bowl is infinitely funny to me

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

Intentionally targeting sideline lackeys in the Pro Bowl is infinitely funny to me

It's be even better if he aimed for Brady and Brees.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Didn't Peyton try to push Cutler in a pool at the pro bowl but didn't know about his insulin pump

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Peytons desire to drop his balls in people's unsuspecting faces seems to be pathological

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Today is the day. May god be with me

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Peyton's next career revealed: it's not a coach or a commentator but a writer for advertisements.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Matthew Report:

Bagel shop report: they opened late due to Matthew and the place is packed. I still have power and am ready to watch football.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

How the southern goons surviving?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a new study bible! posted:

all is cool is asheville.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

FizFashizzle posted:

all is cool is asheville.

That's pretty far inland right?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It was sort of windy in upstate South Carolina and my dogs didn't like it

please send help

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

That's pretty far inland right?

yeah literally not at risk at all.

biggest threat in my backyard are bears

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
We had rain

I think that didn't have anything to do with the Hurricane, though.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

that dog wants a piece of that bear

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

also here bears fans i made you this gif

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

It was 49 degrees this morning, and all the windows are open. Perfect day for streaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

It was 49 degrees this morning, and all the windows are open. Perfect day for streaking.

God drat, it was so cold this morning. It was so cold, I actually needed a blanket.

First really cold night of the fall. Welcome back, old friend.

• Locked thread