Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

there is literally no point to any of this except stodgy old white men

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

I hope that someday the nfl dies, but my football stays mostly the same.

:sigh:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spoeank posted:

You just know they say it "Jif" too.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

loving seriously, this is the dumbest poo poo.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
"How will you determine if a celebration is sexual in nature?"

"The National Football League has a long tradition of being able to precisely explain what is and isn't something. For example, our catch rules"

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

gently caress Roger Goodell. And they're mystified at why their ratings are dropping. How is the NBA the only league who figured out how to appeal to people under the age of 60?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Spoeank posted:

That sentence in there about "go to kids leagues" in there is interesting. I suppose that's one rationale, though a stupid one. You know what does go to kids leagues and actually hurt people? Idiots who use their helmet to destroy brains

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Im ok with banning humping a football but it doesn't make sense that the nfl wants to ban anything the kids could do. what does it even mean? is the dez bryant x with your arms banned?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Every touchdown scored should end with the crotch chop

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

THINK OF THE CHILDREN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeF8hsTebmE

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Every touchdown scored should end with the crotch chop

Alternatively, the People's Elbow.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr5IGBhaUJA

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The NFL is only cool with a player humping a football if they fill it with Rohypnol first.

a new study bible! fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Oct 9, 2016

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

This makes a lot of sense why they do that and I agree I suppose.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Week 5, and the Vikings defense is still outscoring Tom Brady.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

TheLightPurges posted:

This makes a lot of sense why they do that and I agree I suppose.

Yeah if you're an idiot

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The Rams will probably be missing 3 out of 4 starters on DLine today

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

axeil posted:

gently caress Roger Goodell. And they're mystified at why their ratings are dropping. How is the NBA the only league who figured out how to appeal to people under the age of 60?

The NFL likely knows how long they can milk the cable cow and what they can do to draw it out.

They'll do poo poo like this right up until the moment they decide it's more profitable to offer a la carte purchasing options and then they'll roll out their "innovative" new pricing options.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I had a dream where Suh was traded back to Detroit and I was all worried before I remembered it was Sunday and there wasn't enough time for him to play against Philly

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I'm... looking forward to Raiders/Chargers? :confused:

Now watch Philip goddamn Rivers beat us now that we're not terrible :negative:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
gently caress i'm

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
an idiot sorry

Lucky Samurai
Oct 4, 2011

Being jaded about something is so cool. You're just as useless as everybody else, but you get to be irritating and bitter about it.

hifi posted:

jerry richardson is going to stumble on blacked.com and mandate circumcision as well as no tattoos

I expected this to be like Worldstar Hiphop and it wasn't. It wasn't at all. The circumcision bit makes more sense now.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
N: Both Packers starting cornerbacks are out tonight

V: The only way we stop Odell tonight is if we slap a jersey on one of these...

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

MC2552John posted:

I expected this to be like Worldstar Hiphop and it wasn't. It wasn't at all. The circumcision bit makes more sense now.

Hahahahahahha

Edit
Well this isn't the GDT, but still.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Oct 10, 2016

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Pops Mgee posted:

N: Both Packers starting cornerbacks are out tonight

V: The only way we stop Odell tonight is if we slap a jersey on one of these...

One of their starting three WRs will have 150 tonight.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
e: wrong thread

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Packers run defense is Elite

Thank you and good evening

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
McCarthy goes to the predicable bullshit vanilla offense literally as soon as he gets a lead. Richard Rodgers sucks at blocking and is slow. Starks is pretty bad so far this year. The receivers are getting open more than I thought and Rodgers holds the ball too god drat long.

Defense rules, Fackrell is a wonderful man.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Good Will Hrunting posted:

McCarthy goes to the predicable bullshit vanilla offense literally as soon as he gets a lead. Richard Rodgers sucks at blocking and is slow. Starks is pretty bad so far this year. The receivers are getting open more than I thought and Rodgers holds the ball too god drat long.

Defense rules, Fackrell is a wonderful man.

perhaps because he can no longer see his balls he forgot he has them?

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Human turnstile / "LT Cornerstone," Ereck Flowers shoved the ESPN Giants beat writer in the locker room after the loss.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Just saw that Trestman was fired by the Ravens. I know I shouldn't be happy about a man losing his livelihood, but seeing that sack of crap get fired twice in a two year time span fills me with joy. gently caress off back to Canada you worthless, weird faced turd.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

remember when the dolphins threatened to revolt if trestman was promoted to offensive coordinator?

quote:

DAVIE — Coach Dave Wannstedt on Wednesday denied a report that there was a "coaching staff revolt in the off-season when Joel Collier became overwhelmed with the role" as offensive coordinator and Wannstedt "had to make a change."

Collier had been promoted from running backs coach to offensive coordinator but quickly stepped down. Marc Trestman, then the team's new quarterbacks coach, was passed over in favor of tight ends coach Chris Foerster.

According to the story in USA Today Sports Weekly, "The offensive staff basically told Wannstedt they'd quit if Trestman was promoted to the coordinator's role."

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice

fishing with the fam posted:

Just saw that Trestman was fired by the Ravens. I know I shouldn't be happy about a man losing his livelihood, but seeing that sack of crap get fired twice in a two year time span fills me with joy. gently caress off back to Canada you worthless, weird faced turd.

OH SWEET LORD THANK YOU

This season might not be over after all.

Who's the interim?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Someday:

What did you do in the Super Bowl daddy?

I pretended to poop out the football.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

E_Motion posted:

OH SWEET LORD THANK YOU

This season might not be over after all.

Who's the interim?

Mornhinweg. So enjoy that I guess. Had to look up how to spell his dumb name because I can never remember.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I skipped a bunch of posts so someone may have already posted it but Gary Kubiak had another mini-stroke :(

E: I misread it - the mini-stroke happened when he was in Houston but in any case Kubiak was taken to the hospital after his presser yesterday with flu-like symptoms.

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Oct 10, 2016

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice

fishing with the fam posted:

Mornhinweg. So enjoy that I guess. Had to look up how to spell his dumb name because I can never remember.

..is this a monkey paw situation?

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

4 years ago the ravens fired their oc after a rough loss to the redskins

and won the super bowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

College Slice

Sour Diesel posted:

4 years ago the ravens fired their oc after a rough loss to the redskins

and won the super bowl

Who was worse, Cameron or Trestman

• Locked thread