Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009
So how are side jobs accessed without upgrading Dallas Twice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
"Hey, gently caress you and your cassette. One day, I will steal it while you are sleeping and you will have to talk like a normal person" - Sokol

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Shadowed Bacon posted:

So how are side jobs accessed without upgrading Dallas Twice?

The Safehouse menu area, it has 3 tabs - upgrades, trophies and side jobs.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Bugs: Choo Choo seems to be unobtainable, did not pop after doing it on Death Wish and One Down.
No that wasn't a pleasant time.
Safehouse: John Cleese pops in after masking up, after upgrading Jiro's corner there's a two civs, one of which is chilling, the other is in permanent panicky hair combing state. Several crew members are clipping into the floor in certain positions.
Continental coin counter likes to display 1 more coin that I actually have seemingly at random.

Who's There? should probably better emphasize that it asks you to do 15 different jobs in stealth. Otherwise it is real easy to lose track.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Oct 10, 2016

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

hey payday kindly eat my butt

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Not even a full day that it was released and already the steam forums are bitching about how Customizable Safe Houses are bad because I HAVE TO GRIND FOR MY loving SHOOTING GALLERY. 3 years and they finally get it, but no, don't make me play the game to have all the rewards I likely wouldn't keep playing if they didn't try to make me work to build something up!

In weird bug news, Jesus Christ, be careful of bringing flamethrowers or saws because now whoever uses them just makes everyone else feel like they're revving it up right behind them.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Concordat posted:

Bugs: Choo Choo seems to be unobtainable, did not pop after doing it on Death Wish and One Down.

Confirming this. Just did it on DW, got nothing.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Crabtree posted:

Not even a full day that it was released and already the steam forums are bitching about how Customizable Safe Houses are bad because I HAVE TO GRIND FOR MY loving SHOOTING GALLERY. 3 years and they finally get it, but no, don't make me play the game to have all the rewards I likely wouldn't keep playing if they didn't try to make me work to build something up!

In weird bug news, Jesus Christ, be careful of bringing flamethrowers or saws because now whoever uses them just makes everyone else feel like they're revving it up right behind them.

Saws also don't saw through doors sometimes. I don't know why.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

So I really don't care if the Chivalry Pack is good, but is it fun?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

brocretin posted:

eh. if you have the western pack and ninja pack you've basically seen the weapons it offers.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

brocretin posted:

have you ever wanted to throw javelins at a bulldozer, cloaker, or taser? if the answer is "yes", then yes. also do you like slow, yet satisfying on hit weapons? and crossbows?

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

brocretin posted:

It comes with a Great Sword, so yes.

Serious answer, it boils down to killing with silent slow firing, mid-range arcing, high damage wood shafts (that may explode or poison). if you like that you're good to go. You could get the Western pack and if you like the Plainsrider then you know for sure.

Our butler irons our money, as well as our underwear and shoelaces. He also offers to get Jacket some British comedy tapes. He also wonders why we go 4 at a time instead of everyone at a Hiest, and why we don't just bring bigger bags for cable ties.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Crabtree posted:

I had a guy freak out because my Flamethrower was at HYPER MAX volume whenever I shot it. So yeah think about that.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Dr Cheeto posted:

You can do this without upgrading Houston. The paint can is near the driver-side front wheel.

I can't activate it for some reason.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

TopHatGenius posted:

I had a guy freak out because my Flamethrower was at HYPER MAX volume whenever I shot it. So yeah think about that.

Its like they made the hear saws until the end of the heist/until you reset the lobby bug worse and just make it constant whenever you fire a blast or cut something.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
my non-silenced M308 also got multiple comments regarding how loud it is today. i slapped a competitor's compensator on it instead of my oil can silencer since maybe the damage matters now i dunno and cheeto, sykic, and two pubbies asked what the gently caress thunderstick i was carrying

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

I launched a cop through a window with a silenced Judge at the front of Big Bank and a teammate at the very back by the vault (also shooting cops) heard it loud and clear.

e: now that I think of it, I've been hearing teammates' flamethrowers way louder than usual, so I guess I'm getting the bug on my end too

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Coolguye posted:

my non-silenced M308 also got multiple comments regarding how loud it is today. i slapped a competitor's compensator on it instead of my oil can silencer since maybe the damage matters now i dunno and cheeto, sykic, and two pubbies asked what the gently caress thunderstick i was carrying

It might be glitched like the saw.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
If you upgrade shooting galllery/Wick to max, you get a target shooting mini game. Bring a fast reloading or high magazine capacity accurate weapon for best results.

Easy to do the snipe out trophy on normal if you bring a thanatos and line up multi kills.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

clockworkjoe posted:

If you upgrade shooting galllery/Wick to max, you get a target shooting mini game. Bring a fast reloading or high magazine capacity accurate weapon for best results.

Easy to do the snipe out trophy on normal if you bring a thanatos and line up multi kills.

I just finished that. I went solo on normal, sniped one dude on both days and then ran around the map the entire time. Got the trophy.

Slide McGriffin
Nov 16, 2009

OOOOoooOOooo
I've not really played since the new skill tree went live. Can someone recommend a decent armour build? I've mostly used LBV grinder and fancy a change.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Slide McGriffin posted:

I've not really played since the new skill tree went live. Can someone recommend a decent armour build? I've mostly used LBV grinder and fancy a change.

http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mACEfjlopr:efGHjkLMNoR:toqR:gjlOqr:fr:ibcdea:pM8::w34-18-31-30-34-33:s94:a7

That's my MasterForcer build. Pretty much ammo independant, moves around the map pretty well, and is hard to kill. The m308 is pretty rediculous when you're doing 200+ damage a shot, with a 25 round magazine (just in case you need to go full auto and hose down a dozer).

It's good enough for Mayhem. Not sure about 1D.
I'd try something like this on 1D: http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mABEfjlopr:efGHiLr:toqr:gjlOqr:fLMOPr:ibcdea:pM8::w34-18-31-30-34-33:s94:a7

EDIT: Techforcer for Mayhem:
http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mr:eGHjkLMNPr:tiKLMNOR:gJlr:fPr:ibcdea:pM8::w31-24-4-26-1:s94:a7

A potential 1D build:
http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mr:eGHiLMNPr:tMNoR:gjl:fLMOPr:ibcdea:pM8::w31-24-4-26-1:s94:a7

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Oct 10, 2016

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Ammo is still a significant issue, and I still think making Berserker basically a requirement is dumb.

e: I tried running Berserker shotguns with aced Overkill on day 1 and noticed I wasn't doing nearly enough damage. A friend of mine is running that, but also with aced Specialized Killing and Low Blow and he's not having trouble? So stacking literally every damage boost is the way to go. Or crossbows and jokers.

I was wondering if my "gently caress DW" build would be 1D viable. How does the meta look for mitigation? Is Anarchist/Frenzy/LBV still viable or am I better off switching back to Crook or maybe ExPrez?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Drewjitsu posted:

http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mACEfjlopr:efGHjkLMNoR:toqR:gjlOqr:fr:ibcdea:pM8::w34-18-31-30-34-33:s94:a7

That's my MasterForcer build. Pretty much ammo independant, moves around the map pretty well, and is hard to kill. The m308 is pretty rediculous when you're doing 200+ damage a shot, with a 25 round magazine (just in case you need to go full auto and hose down a dozer).

Thanks for this link (and the others). However, seems like you can't convert enemies and that's a shame. Nothing better than convincing an FBI dude to kill his colleagues just because you are so persuasive.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Skunkrocker posted:

I can't activate it for some reason.

The latest patch disabled it due to bugs :v:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Recent daily is weird in that you not only get a really gently caress weird description, "Clear Diamond Store with One Bag(?!)", but I seemed to have gotten the extra coins anyway even if it didn't list that I finished it. Meaning that I could potentially farm some CC by just running Diamond Store normal and throwing bags until I hear a side job ding?

Also I think my car is bugged. I could change colors before hand, but after I upgraded Houston once and changed colors at Sykic's place, I can't change colors anymore and its a dumb yellow color. Don't know if I broke the game in a unique way or not.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

From what I'm hearing, the garage is buggy and is unavailable until the bug is fixed.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Crabtree posted:

Also I think my car is bugged. I could change colors before hand, but after I upgraded Houston once and changed colors at Sykic's place, I can't change colors anymore and its a dumb yellow color. Don't know if I broke the game in a unique way or not.

Dr Cheeto posted:

The latest patch disabled it due to bugs :v:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Your van is yellow.....forever

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I'll be the only heister with a poo poo yellow van. My Steam cred will skyrocket -- for some reason?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

John Murdoch posted:

I was wondering if my "gently caress DW" build would be 1D viable. How does the meta look for mitigation? Is Anarchist/Frenzy/LBV still viable or am I better off switching back to Crook or maybe ExPrez?

Anarchist and Armorer for decks are your best bets for 1D, largely because they focus on buffing your armor and both have the invincibility period after your armor breaks. Cops have insane (probably perfect) accuracy and hit really hard, so stuff like Infiltrator is pretty useless because all the damage reduction in the world doesn't matter when they don't miss. Muscle still works okay but only if you bring a high fire rate weapon to trigger panic all the time (LMG/minigun/flamethrower) otherwise you will have a miserable time being an aggro magnet for cops. For dodge, Rogue works best for maximizing your dodge chances although Crook is ok. I can't imagine Ex-Presidents or Grinder working too well with the way 1D currently works, but I have not tried them.

From playing around a bit more, you can still make shotguns work as long as you can get Overkill going; that first kill will take quite a few shots though. You can make non-LMG/minigun automatics work if your base damage is 80+ (even better if you can stick silencer skills on) but be prepared to stick yourself to ammo bags. You'll need either Berserker or crits (both if you want to maximize damage) along with accompanying gun skills, unless you wanted to do crossbows with the China Puff since those are insanely good right now out of the box. As for non-crossbow combos, I've done okay with an AMR-16/Judge, Buzzsaw/RPG, M308/Bronco.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Oct 10, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
A thing to note: domination is currently broken as poo poo. They deleted 99% of the complex mechanics that went into whether a cop will surrender. The logic is now:

100% health: cop will not surrender.
<100% health: cop will always surrender.

Well, I guess it's convenient for getting the ace of spades trophy?

Also, the random people that appear when you upgrade the safehouse? They're popular payday 2 streamers.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

clockworkjoe posted:

Does Snipe Out require a certain number of kills? I thought I read you only need 100% or more accuracy with only a sniper rifle, that's cheeseable. Point blank one fucker and then never fire another shot or melee and have the rest of the team do the work for you. :v:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Ahahaha the current daily safehouse job is bugged. It's completed when you secure at least one extra bag on Diamond store, and :siren:you can just keep doing it for more coins.:siren:

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Oct 10, 2016

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

Your van is yellow.....forever

Hey hey it's time to make some crazy money are ya ready?! Here! We! Go!

wub-wub wub-wub wub wub

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

If my gun is 100/100 for Acc/Stab, do I need Fire Control Basic for the 12 Accuracy while hipfiring?

Also, is specials HP still broken in Mayhem? I had to shoot a Shield in the head three times with my silent slug shotgun to kill him and that seems a little....off. I have the 30% damage buff from Specialized Killing Aced, 75% from Overkill Basic (which was active), and 25% from Shotgun Impact Aced.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

If my gun is 100/100 for Acc/Stab, do I need Fire Control Basic for the 12 Accuracy while hipfiring?

If you have 100 accuracy your gun has no spread whatsoever and you should skip any conditional accuracy skills like Fire Control.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Dr Cheeto posted:

If you have 100 accuracy your gun has no spread whatsoever and you should skip any conditional accuracy skills like Fire Control.
Cool, thank you oh preacher of the Long Guide. I was unsure if hipfiring caused a decrease in accuracy thus making that skill useful for hipfiring while running/sprinting around.

Does that mean that with that skill a gun with normally sub-100 accuracy would then be more accurate when hipfiring than when aiming down the sights?

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Oct 10, 2016

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Discendo Vox posted:

Ahahaha the current daily safehouse job is bugged. It's completed when you secure at least one extra bag on Diamond store, and :siren:you can just keep doing it for more coins.:siren:

So, if I run like 100 diamond stores and grab an extra bag each time I can have a fully upgraded safehouse in a couple hours :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

shut up blegum posted:

So, if I run like 100 diamond stores and grab an extra bag each time I can have a fully upgraded safehouse in a couple hours :v:

Get those socks ready boys. We got a house to furnish.

Edit: Daily is now Houston wanting paintings. I'm assuming same deal applies.

widespread fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 10, 2016