Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I am mystified by people who, at this point in the race, are still undecided whether to vote for Clinton or Trump. What more do you need? What's the tipping point here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

mcmagic posted:

What does that mean?

That there is a legitimate chance we retake the House because establishment Republicans are fleeing Trump like he has the plague while Trump is waging open war on the defectors. The end result is establishment Republicans won't vote for Trump, Trump supporters won't vote for the Republican downticket, and a sizable portion of Republicans won't bother showing up to vote at all.

lozzle fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Oct 10, 2016

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

lozzle posted:

I still don't understand this. He literally cannot lose whether he endorses Trump or not.

Does he have aspirations for higher political office? Does he actually have principles? (that was a joke, he is a Republican)

Who the gently caress knows. Might be his Mormonness but drat he's straight up tea party before it was cool.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

iospace posted:

Two things:
I'm actually surprisingly chill with that "broken the rules of the online questions" in regards to the wikileaks one. It was too recent and buried by the video, so it wouldn't have time to get up to the top of the list, even with 4chan and r/the_donald boosting it. Maybe I'm weird.

Thing 2:
https://twitter.com/christadubill/status/785326662879698945

"Media Can't be Played"

What did she say?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Hoooooow can anyone still be undecided between those two? This man even met and spoke with both of them, a luxury few voters have, and can't make a loving decision.
my brother has extreme anxiety. He's normally a super confident dude, but if you ask him a multiple choice questions - even one like 'Hey, what restaurant should we stop at?" - you can kind of see him panicking for a second before he mumbles about being fine with whatever you guys want.

Undecided voters are like that, but on a national scale. It's not that they don't have a preference, it's that they're terrified of admitting to that preference, because what if it's somehow wrong?

Endorph fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 10, 2016

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

And it begins:
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/785491413769285634

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

emdash posted:

Ken Bone is very smart about one thing and one thing only: his '74 Mazda RX4 http://www.speedhunters.com/2016/01/mazda-rx4-the-beauty-of-rotary/

I want to be friends with Ken Bone.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

iospace posted:

Two things:
I'm actually surprisingly chill with that "broken the rules of the online questions" in regards to the wikileaks one. It was too recent and buried by the video, so it wouldn't have time to get up to the top of the list, even with 4chan and r/the_donald boosting it. Maybe I'm weird.

Thing 2:

I very much envy this girl for not knowing who Omorosa is.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

sweet merciful crap

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Jack's Flow posted:

I am mystified by people who, at this point in the race, are still undecided whether to vote for Clinton or Trump. What more do you need? What's the tipping point here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAG37Kw1-aw

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Donkwich posted:

Didn't Obama lose white men twice and still win?

Obama lost white women twice.

Right now Trump is underwater on white women and tied with white men.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
What I don't get about Ken Bone is that not only is he undecided post-pussygate, (were they gathered before then?) but he's undecided on which candidate cares more about fossil fuel emissions. Does he actually think Trump cares about something he dismissed as a conspiracy by the Chinese?

I still like him. :3:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

mcmagic posted:

I very much envy this girl for not knowing who Omorosa is.

I know you've been getting poo poo on recently in this thread, but

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Jack's Flow posted:

I just assume these people believe either nothing or everything they hear. So they think the choices are career murderer but competent Clinton and career abuser but straight talking Trump.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Quality ad. Get hosed Republicans, you brought this on yourselves.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
My father is a 56 year old man and will be voting Democrat for the first time in his life cause of Donald 'fuckin' Trump.

I think there's a non-zero amount of older white men like that who just aren't particularly vocal about it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

iospace posted:

Two things:

Thing 2:

I don't have access to speakers right now, what is she saying?

ltkerensky
Oct 27, 2010

Biggest lurker to ever lurk.

meristem posted:

Could you ask them? I started learning (European) Spanish back in... 2006, maybe? And the '@' thing was already pretty routine then on the Internet. Just as a signifier of people when gender wasn't important. So, you'd also write chic@ for 'guy or gal' and so on. The Latinx thing is new to me.

For what is worth, as Spanish from Spain, my first reaction to Latinx was a thinking it was a typo.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

"Media Can't be Played"

What did she say?

Basically, she asked a Trump surrogate (Likely Omorosa) about the tape and well, you can guess the result. Oh, and she's an abuse victim.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

"Media Can't be Played"

What did she say?

basically she's a sexual abuse survivor and asked Trump surrogate Omarosa how said surrogate could defend the candidate given his comments that "embody rape culture"

Omarosa said "I'm sorry honey, if you need resources you can go find them, I didn't do anything to you"

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

TheScott2K posted:

I want to be friends with Ken Bone.

I want to get on Mr Bone's Wild Ride

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
n/m

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

iospace posted:

Two things:

Thing 2:

This is genuinely heartbreaking.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Two things about last night.

Clinton maintaining her lead makes this the perfect time for Obama to withdraw his nomination of Merrick Garland and give a big middle finger to the GOP telling them, "you had your chance fuckers".

I learned that there is an actual item of women's clothing named a "pussy bow". Who knew?

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Right now the goal of Hillary and the DNC should be to keep the oppo dumps coming and provoke Trump to melt down further while also linking him other Republicans to him to get them to disavow him. If even 30% of his supporters decide to punish them by not voting straight R down ticket the Dems can sweep this thing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

isk posted:

This is genuinely heartbreaking.

what's also heartbreaking is

https://twitter.com/OMAROSA/status/785418677072097281

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Good ad.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Evil Fluffy posted:

So they roke the rules, and in a way that would've been negative for Clinton instead of Trump? I'm sure all the people crying about the moderators being mean to Trump will certainly pay attention to this. :downs:

Moderators cherry picked a question that shouldn't have even been in the pool because it directly confronts a candidate, and it was a negative Clinton question at that. And yet the narrative from Trump was that it was 3-on-1 up there.

Moderators also asked Clinton about the emails again. She got her fair shakedown too.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

cult member at airport posted:

Right now the goal of Hillary and the DNC should be to keep the oppo dumps coming and provoke Trump to keep the melt down going while also linking other Republicans to him to get them to disavow him. If even 30% of his supporters decide to punish them by not voting straight R down ticket the Dems can sweep this thing.
30%?
Even if 5-10% don't vote downticket or don't turn up period, that's the entire shebang.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

CVOTER (the other consistently weird poll, and coincidentally, the one Kellyanne and Trump consistently retweet) went from Trump 49-47 on Sep26-Oct02 (so post first debate(!) )

to...

Clinton 50-44 on Oct3-Oct9

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

radical meme posted:

Clinton maintaining her lead makes this the perfect time for Obama to withdraw his nomination of Merrick Garland and give a big middle finger to the GOP telling them, "you had your chance fuckers".

I learned that there is an actual item of women's clothing named a "pussy bow". Who knew?

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Hate to poo poo on everyone's optimism over imminent GOP collapse, but is this schism actually going to impact the House? I imagine many Republicans are running unopposed or against weak Democrats with little resources devoted to them. I fear some Trumpies are going to fall in line and vote downticket anyway.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

You know... I listen to sports talk radio mostly because I avoid politics, but they're even talking politics there. They generally support Trump, and asked some real athletes who have really been in locker rooms. They are utterly dumbfounded as to why that video is shocking because they talk like that with their buddies all their time? Their take was that Donald's big mistake was being recorded.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Huzanko fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 10, 2016

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

lol

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Omarosa: the worst black woman in the world since 2004.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

radical meme posted:

There are going to be plenty of opportunities for hillary to appoint her people to the supreme court.

Ginsberg and Kennedy are both over 80.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

kaworu posted:

You know... I listen to sports talk radio mostly because I avoid politics, but they're even talking politics there. They generally support Trump, and asked some real athletes who have really been in locker rooms. They are utterly dumbfounded as to why that video is shocking because they talk like that with their buddies all their time? Their take was that Donald's big mistake was being recorded.

woah, rapists? in sports ball?

Noam Chomsky posted:

She's wondering why Hillary Clinton would perpetuate sexual assault or some dumb bullshit like that. Also - and I absolutely know I will get poo poo on for this here - she's fake crying. Such astroturf bullshit.

actually shes talking about omarosa/trump i believe

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Noam Chomsky posted:

and I absolutely know I will get poo poo on for this here - she's fake crying. Such astroturf bullshit.

perhaps when a little voice says this is dumb and people will call you dumb listen to that little voice and dont say the dumb thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Oh gently caress you you loving poo poo head. You are loving scum, Omarosa.

• Locked thread