Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

greatn posted:

Cartridgegate Transcript

Thank you so much for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Noam Chomsky posted:

The Clintons seem to be a magnet for rape accusations and accusations of defending rapists. I thought that video was just more of the same.

Why did you feel the need to defend the Clintons by using a dehumanizing and lovely attack but not feel the need to check your source first?

Noam Chomsky posted:

No but you could be more understanding when someone explains themselves, but then you couldn't get your hate on.

The issue is that your explaination thus far has been "no big deal guys, I though she was on the bad guy team."

The attack you tried to use is wrong regardless of the politics of the individual. I wish I was more shocked at your claim to be left of center yet are so regressive on this issue.

Trabisnikof fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 10, 2016

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Noam Chomsky posted:

No but you could be more understanding when someone explains themselves, but then you couldn't get your hate on.

Your "explanation" has not even remotely addressed "this sexual assault victim is crying fake tears because uhhhh" at all.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Noam Chomsky posted:

The Clintons seem to be a magnet for rape accusations and accusations of defending rapists. I thought that video was just more of the same.

because you are captain of the starship dumb mother fucker

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Flip Yr Wig posted:

He asked a weaksauce energy independence question that alluded to pollution. It may have been the closest we've come in the entire election to addressing global warming, sadly.
It was actually a fine question really. It was asking how you were going to be environmentally friendly without killing the economy. One of the only policy questions of the night.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

:siren:

https://twitter.com/samsteinhp/status/785510212291686400

:siren:

HOLY poo poo

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

straight up brolic posted:

Meh you can have bad opinions and still be generally decent

Yeah it's not easy to parse. Her, Sotomayor and Kagan ruled against some truly lovely racist policies like Police using evidence gained from illegal traffic stops (which would reinforce the abuse of power that is being protested) but this seems like a statement that would rile the left up, particularly since Kaepernick has the stance of not trusting anyone in the system, full stop.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Noam Chomsky posted:

You have no high ground here. You apologized, then you went back and defended and explained and rationalized. If you want the conversation to move on, just say "I'm sorry" and leave it at that.

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud

Holy gently caress

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Asking again because it got missed earlier, what is the current state of Aleppo?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

*dick pierces the heavens*

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

The guy who asked that stupidass "say something nice about each other :downs:" is still undecided as to who he's going to vote for.

:doh:

It's my general assumption that claiming to be an undecided voter is just a normcore troll.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Noam Chomsky posted:

People with working empathy don't see a video of a girl crying in the bathroom about being a sexual abuse survivor and then call them a fake because she doesn't agree with them. You are still a shithead.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

:wow:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:siren: NBC POLL :siren:
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/785510200996397056

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

WHAT

This is 538-0 landslide territory

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

sarmhan posted:

It was actually a fine question really. It was asking how you were going to be environmentally friendly without killing the economy. One of the only policy questions of the night.

I should probably see the actual transcript, I guess. It felt pretty equivocating to me at the time.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

:drat:

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

is this real life

House and Senate supermajorities here we come?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

No wonder Ryan is loving panicking.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Original post:

Noam Chomsky posted:

She's wondering why Hillary Clinton would perpetuate sexual assault or some dumb bullshit like that. Also - and I absolutely know I will get poo poo on for this here - she's fake crying. Such astroturf bullshit.

First reply:

Noam Chomsky posted:

Super vitriolic reaction to my post as predicted.

Sorry, I only watched a bit of the video and I thought she was saying she tried to ask Clinton a question, and was wondering why Clinton perpetuated sexual assault. I also thought the OP said /r/the_donald and 4chan were boosting the video.

I guess misinterpreting a video is indicative of me being a horrible monster who hates all sexual assault victims and thinks they're all lying fakers. It doesn't take much to make you people absolutely freak out.

So you lead off with a "gently caress all of you" and end with a "gently caress all of you", but we are all the real monsters because we decided to read your post and take it at face value.

It's not hard to apologize. Wanna know how? Take your post, and I'm only going to use words that you used, OK, so you had complete agency over this the entire time:

Noam Chomsky posted:

Sorry, I only watched a bit of the video.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

cult member at airport posted:

Asking again because it got missed earlier, what is the current state of Aleppo?

Bombed to poo poo, food shortages, pretty sure there aren't any functional hospitals left. Several hundred thousand civilians are still there with no way to get out.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

vyelkin posted:

WHAT

This is 538-0 landslide territory

The sample size was 100% during the tape release timing. So, this is probably Trump's floor and Hillary's ceiling. But if she holds onto even half that lead, it's a big win. At least 2008 sized.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/722623193547194369

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

because you are captain of the starship dumb mother fucker

This one caught me off-guard and I laughed for about five minutes. Needed that today, thank you.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
Dios mio man. If that's not an outlier this will be historic.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Yeah there's also this:

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/status/785510494530637824

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
That's "get your staffers to start writing two years' worth of progressive legislation, nuke the filibuster, Sweden here we come" levels of polling.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ken Bone posted:

What steps will your energy policy take to meet our energy needs while at the same time remaining environmentally friendly and minimizing job layoffs?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

This is what I have been craving for!
Here we come blue Texas.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

To everyone creaming themselves over those polls.

Don't forget that Trump's going to push for the heads of everyone who turned on him.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Uh, context?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

RGB hung out with Scalia a bit too much.

Her attitude that she is being magnanimous by having them not be arrested for protesting even if it is "stupid" is a little concerning.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Don't forget that Trump's going to push for the heads of everyone who turned on him.

That's supposed to make us not happier?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

The vote % of Presidential losers who lost in EC landslides.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

davecrazy posted:

Random thought out of nowhere, but where the gently caress is Sarah Palin? I figured she'd be offering her unique bit of word salad to anybody who'd listen right now and I can't remember the last time I've seen her on TV. Maybe that awkward appearance where she endorsed Trump?

Right wingin' bitter clingin' somethingsomething I'd have hoped she's dead as a political force by now.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

These were all definitive smackdowns.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The sample size was 100% during the tape release timing. So, this is probably Trump's floor and Hillary's ceiling.

Okay, if we are the Clinton camp, when do we release Oppo Thing #1 ("on par with pussy-grabbing") and when do we release Oppo Thing #2 ("worse than pussy-grabbing, ugh")?

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Bad news on DAPL

https://twitter.com/alicesperi/status/785500349540999168

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

This is going to make the polls worse for him, not better. Lashing out at other GOP will alienate all but his base.

• Locked thread