Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
World War Trump.

Crushing victory for Team World.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Looks like Reince in an RNC conf call is reaffirming unity of intent between RNC and presidential campaign.

https://twitter.com/politicoalex

This dude is livetweeting it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

sarmhan posted:

Seriously telling people "You all suck and everything is terrible' is not a great way to GOTV.

yeah he called the country stupid like a dozen times last night.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

WeAreTheRomans posted:

he looks pretty young to me

He's 34

Honestly if you read this article about him, he really is a rather fascinating guy because he's really very forthright, he seems thoughtful and intelligent, and kind of sweet. It makes you really really wonder how the hell he can be undecided at this point, but he even kind of goes into that mindset in a way that can make you get it. I think politics truly needs more Ken Bone.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2016/10/10/how-kenneth-bone-became-the-surprise-hero-of-the-presidential-debates/

Ken Bone posted:

“I had a really nice olive colored suit that I love a lot. My grandfather loved it, he helped me pick it out. He worked in the funeral industry and he was the sharpest dressed man you ever met,” Bone said. And that is the suit he intended to wear on television Sunday night.

But everything didn’t go as planned. “I must have gained about 30 lbs since he helped me with it,” Bone said. “When I sat in my car 7:30 on the morning of the debate, I split the seat of my pants completely open. My wife had to do an emergency wardrobe change for me. So the traditional Christmas sweater had to get broken out a little bit early this year.”

“I find it very strange that I was one of the takeaways from the debate. I think there’s plenty of issues to talk about. but I’m happy to be able to put a positive spin on the political process, and keep people engaged when it seems so dreary at times.”

Bone has a 12-year-old son, who is temporarily impressed with his dad, declaring that “dad is now Internet famous, which is the best kind of famous.”

“For them to look at you even for a minute and think that you’re cool is just beyond description,” Bone said of his nearly teenaged son. “I’m sure it’ll be back to normal soon, but I’ll take it for now.”

berserker fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 10, 2016

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://www.gofundme.com/sunlightfund

Does the thread need to watch this thing for major donations? This is absolutely without precedent. What the gently caress.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

canepazzo posted:

Looks like Reince in an RNC conf call is reaffirming unity of intent between RNC and presidential campaign.

They just can't get off the sinking ship. They're like dangling off the edge over the water on a rope halfway to the life raft and Trump is hovering nearby with a pair of giant cartoon scissors ready to cut them loose.

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

And it is, it is a glorious thing, to be a Basset King!

Night10194 posted:

Remember: Reagan's winning message was 'America is awesome and I will make it more awesome by making it better for white folks.' A positive veneer is almost always a better strat.

Happy Warrior etc.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Night10194 posted:

The way voters responded to Trump's debate last night actually comforts me a ton. It means the people outside his basket have kinda made up their minds and don't buy his poo poo anymore.

Best outcome of this election would be his brand falling apart right afterward, as people associate the Trump name with extreme bigotry and sexual assault

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
You know, if Trump had the possibility of winning and actually won, I bet you like a couple generations after people would be asking each other if they had a time-machine would they use it to go back in time and kill baby Trump.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

berserker posted:

He's 34

Honestly if you read this article about him, he really is a rather fascinating guy because he's really very forthright, he seems thoughtful and intelligent, and kind of sweet. It makes you really really wonder how the hell he can be undecided at this point, but he even kind of goes into that mindset in a way that can make you get it. I think politics truly needs more Ken Bone.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2016/10/10/how-kenneth-bone-became-the-surprise-hero-of-the-presidential-debates/

"Donald Trump will be better for me but worse for other people" is kinda selfish but probably the most reasonable undecided argument I've heard.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I love the constant flip-flopping by the GOP over Trump. You would think basic self interest would make them want to separate themselves from a guy who is going to lose in what will probably be historic fashion but lol nope! Keep loving that chicken guys!

:laffo:

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

935 posted:

Charge $10,000,000, take your payout, pay off the fine, retire. But at this point who would pay $10M for a video of Trump grabbing a woman's rear end or dropping the N bomb? He's already done for, you'd just be paying $10M to humiliate him.
Use Trump's own 'genius' against him.
Take no payout. Release the 'greatest hits' video. Get sued, and do the Trump thing of writing off the $5 million loss for the year. Declare bankruptcy so your 'creditors' at Mark Burnett Productions get nothing. Later be 'hired' by whoever is offering the payout. Keep the cash and due to previous year's loss you can avoid paying federal income tax for a long.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 10, 2016

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

speng31b posted:

They just can't get off the sinking ship. They're like dangling off the edge over the water on a rope halfway to the life raft and Trump is hovering nearby with a pair of giant cartoon scissors ready to cut them loose.

One day, a scorpion looked around at the mountain where he lived and decided that he wanted a change. So he set out on a journey through the forests and hills. He climbed over rocks and under vines and kept going until he reached a river.
The river was wide and swift, and the scorpion stopped to reconsider the situation. He couldn't see any way across. So he ran upriver and then checked downriver, all the while thinking that he might have to turn back.

Suddenly, he saw a frog sitting in the rushes by the bank of the stream on the other side of the river. He decided to ask the frog for help getting across the stream.

"Hellooo Mr. Frog!" called the scorpion across the water, "Would you be so kind as to give me a ride on your back across the river?"

"Well now, Mr. Scorpion! How do I know that if I try to help you, you wont try to kill me?" asked the frog hesitantly.

"Because," the scorpion replied, "If I try to kill you, then I would die too, for you see I cannot swim!"

Now this seemed to make sense to the frog. But he asked. "What about when I get close to the bank? You could still try to kill me and get back to the shore!"

"This is true," agreed the scorpion, "But then I wouldn't be able to get to the other side of the river!"

"Alright then...how do I know you wont just wait till we get to the other side and THEN kill me?" said the frog.

"Ahh...," crooned the scorpion, "Because you see, once you've taken me to the other side of this river, I will be so grateful for your help, that it would hardly be fair to reward you with death, now would it?!"

So the frog agreed to take the scorpion across the river. He swam over to the bank and settled himself near the mud to pick up his passenger. The scorpion crawled onto the frog's back, his sharp claws prickling into the frog's soft hide, and the frog slid into the river. The muddy water swirled around them, but the frog stayed near the surface so the scorpion would not drown. He kicked strongly through the first half of the stream, his flippers paddling wildly against the current.

Halfway across the river, the frog suddenly felt a sharp sting in his back and, out of the corner of his eye, saw the scorpion remove his stinger from the frog's back. A deadening numbness began to creep into his limbs.

"You fool!" croaked the frog, "Now we shall both die! Why on earth did you do that?"

The scorpion shrugged, and did a little jig on the drownings frog's back.

"I could not help myself. It is my nature."

Then they both sank into the muddy waters of the swiftly flowing river.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

ImpAtom posted:

"Donald Trump will be better for me but worse for other people" is kinda selfish but probably the most reasonable undecided argument I've heard.

Yeah but he even admits that he's grappling with that issue and finds it a hard choice. Lots of us might find it easy to just say "common good of course" but having a family can affect that calculus, and hey at least he seems aware that "gently caress you got mine" isn't the most moral position.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

canepazzo posted:

https://twitter.com/politicoalex/status/785590273715744768

Welp, looks like Reince is sticking with the Crazy Train.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Night10194 posted:

The way voters responded to Trump's debate last night actually comforts me a ton. It means the people outside his basket have kinda made up their minds and don't buy his poo poo anymore.

It also shows that things do matter, its just that people are way too tuned out for most of the year for things to matter. People only really start paying attention carefully in October, so they just heard about previous fuckups through the sports talk/morning show/ lockerroom talk filter. People are now actually seeing things first person, and they are seeing the difference. Some yuuge number of people are still gonna vote for Trump, but they would vote for anyone with R next to their name

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Trump voters are promptly punched into water towers, filled with knives, or crushed by road rollers.

What I'm saying I'd vote for Dio Brando over Trump (Although he's English, so...)

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/politicoalex/status/785590273715744768

Welp, looks like Reince is sticking with the Crazy Train.

Good, I want all of the rats going down with the ship.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Ken Bone was too chicken to say the words "climate change" though. I mean, come on man.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Summary of the RNC call:

"Everything is fine." for 20 minutes, then no Q&A or directives. Lol

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

sean10mm posted:

I love the constant flip-flopping by the GOP over Trump. You would think basic self interest would make them want to separate themselves from a guy who is going to lose in what will probably be historic fashion but lol nope! Keep loving that chicken guys!

:laffo:

It's because his performance emboldened his base again. They've decided they'll take more damage publically disavowing than going down with the ship.

That said, considering Paul Ryan gave the media 'Yeah we're hosed' as a soundbite I'm pretty sure it will still be seen as a GOP backstab. Not to mention even if they say they're onboard I'd expect them to be shifting to the downticket now.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

seiferguy posted:

Ken Bone was too chicken to say the words "climate change" though. I mean, come on man.

Dude works at a coal plant. I'm not surprised.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
https://twitter.com/TimothyNoah1/status/785587810350706688

"I love the African Americans" *tells white town to intimidate neighboring 38% black town*

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

So what happens to our chances at the House and Senate if the RNC stays with Trump on the surface?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
are reince and paul ryan going to fight next?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

skylined! posted:

https://www.gofundme.com/sunlightfund

Does the thread need to watch this thing for major donations? This is absolutely without precedent. What the gently caress.

So this thing has gone up by $400 since I posted this a few minutes ago. At this rate it will hit about $3.2mil by election day. :smith:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Honestly GOP message discipline breaking down seems like a bad sign.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Night10194 posted:

Eh it could be good considering how much of a split it is becoming.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Pastrymancy posted:

"I love the African Americans" *tells white town to intimidate neighboring 38% black town*

Holy poo poo man.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Josef bugman posted:

Eh it could be good considering how much of a split it is becoming.

I meant a bad sign for them.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

seiferguy posted:

It is with great sadness we must conclude that Ken Bone is, alas, problematic.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Holy poo poo man.

This is not the first or last time he has made this proclamation - at this point I'm just waiting for election day violence. With normal Donald fashion, him being so worried about Clinton stealing the election has me worried he is going to.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Pleasing Shape posted:

Is Omarosa a paid surrogate? Cause brushing off a sexual abuse survivor and then literally calling her a liar on Twitter because she didn't remember Omarosa's name should definitely be a Big loving Deal

That's why I wanted to register her domain which she let expire but I guess she still has time to renew. Was just gonna put up that video on it.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Internet Explorer posted:

One day, a scorpion looked around at the mountain

Anyone have the gif of this?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

What even is this? Could he look any more menacing, arrogant or evil? Look at that guy staring at us through a mirror, because we are not worth his direct gaze and his own reflection is way more important anyway.
Also "JOIN ME" he's pretty much dismissing all of his supporters.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Zanzibar Ham posted:

You know, if Trump had the possibility of winning and actually won, I bet you like a couple generations after people would be asking each other if they had a time-machine would they use it to go back in time and kill baby Trump.

Jeb: "Hell yeah I would."

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I'm still way back in the thread, but gotta highlight this (possibly again). This is one of the best election ads I've ever seen. Is there a way to know if it's being played on TV in some states?

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Nephzinho posted:

This is not the first or last time he has made this proclamation - at this point I'm just waiting for election day violence. With normal Donald fashion, him being so worried about Clinton stealing the election has me worried he is going to.

He's not going to steal the election, but that doesn't make it any less awful that he's inciting violence purely as a way to prime a stolen election narrative and protect his ego.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Pastrymancy posted:

I have had to restrain myself from posting so many things recently solely because I don't want Lowtax to get another visit by the Secret Service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Night10194 posted:

Of course it is. It just pisses off Trump fans and NeverTrump people at the same time.

• Locked thread