Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
A high profile lawyer signed on to that Trump child rape case. If this starts to get talked about in the media in a big way the RNC will have to dump him won't it?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mikehayes/this-high-profile-defense-attorney-is-now-representing-a-wom?utm_term=.ghMYLA862W#.nv7ZoQq2GB

He's in trouble with the combination of this latest audio tape and that Paris Hilton tape. It's damning character wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

WeAreTheRomans posted:

This is the fastest I've ever seen someone apply the puppetmaster defense when they got called on their poo poo.

Thanks for exposing the hypocrisy in all of our postings though, friend

Since you have some insight on my thinking and motivations, what should I cook for dinner tonight? I'm thinking chicken but I should probably use that roast my partner bought the other day.

Also you're welcome :D

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

disjoe posted:

I love the Google Maps screen saying their HQs are 10 minutes away and that's evidence somehow

Considering those are various lobbying firms or whatever he's comparing, that is a pretty solidly far distance for DC.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Built 4 Cuban Linux posted:

Dinesh went to jail for some sort of tax fraud and he blames it on Obama.

And the entitled piece of poo poo tried to lobby the judge for summer vacation from jail.

:lol: he will never take off his suit jacket in public or else it will betray how overweight he looks.

Guys. I am seriously having withdrawal. I need another hit of an oppo right now.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
You'll probably see some stuff about Voter Fraud today in deplorable-land since O'Keefe just dropped his latest nothing video of a New York election commissioner "admitting" (alleging) widespread voter fraud consisting of bus-fulls of blacks and Muslims being driven to various polls to vote multiple times because that's totally a thing that happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUDTcxIqqM0

Which just makes this video of Donald Trump (accompanied by Billy Bush) having trouble voting in New York due to registration issues that much more topical:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOcQEcwFkX0

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Roland Jones posted:

That makes no sense though. Why would they try to get rid of Trump if he's winning? That's good for them.

Like, I know these people are crazy, but this really just makes no sense at all.

I think it goes like this:

premise 1: Donald Trump is winning (this is a given and a fundamental axiom of r/the_donald's worldview)
premise 2: Republicans are betraying Donald Trump by dumping him like hot poo poo

conclusion: the GOPe secretly wanted Hillary to win all along and are sabotaging him to make it happen, because ~establishment~

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

lozzle posted:

You can be a lunatic and still be a competent statistician, just saying.

He said that polling companies switching from RV screens to LV screens after the convention was the "biggest example of biased polling malfeasance he's ever seen" because it favored Clinton.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
The world is turning upside down for me. When I mentioned that people have sued him over groping, and linked to that makeup artist, the woman I am arguing replied "In her own statement, she never said she told him no or to stop... interesting how now it bothers her, but not enough back in 1990 to report it."

Seriously? Are we serously going to be having an argument over this?

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

2spooky4me posted:

Since you have some insight on my thinking and motivations, what should I cook for dinner tonight? I'm thinking chicken but I should probably use that roast my partner bought the other day.

Also you're welcome :D

Please put your laptop and all internet posting devices in the oven at 500F

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Charlz Guybon posted:

A high profile lawyer signed on to that Trump child rape case. If this starts to get talked about in the media in a big way the RNC will have to dump him won't it?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mikehayes/this-high-profile-defense-attorney-is-now-representing-a-wom?utm_term=.ghMYLA862W#.nv7ZoQq2GB

He's in trouble with the combination of this latest audio tape and that Paris Hilton tape. It's damning character wise.

Jesus, reading more about it and that there are actual witnesses makes me think this could actually have legs.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
seriously guys what about the Colorado referenda like single payer and assisted suicide

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
the schism on the right is fun. i hope it costs republicans the senate when trump voters refuse to fill in the down ballot.

the tactic of letting republicans back away from trump and not attacking them is working pretty well at inspiring paranoia

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Goatman Sacks posted:

He said that polling companies switching from RV screens to LV screens after the convention was the "biggest example of biased polling malfeasance he's ever seen" because it favored Clinton.

Which is especially funny given boosted and other Trumpists' disdain for RV polls back in August.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Billy Bush called Donald Trump a great American he should have been terminated over a decade ago.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Tiler Kiwi posted:

the schism on the right is fun. i hope it costs republicans the senate when trump voters refuse to fill in the down ballot.

the tactic of letting republicans back away from trump and not attacking them is working pretty well at inspiring paranoia

We're in the bunker phase of the election, the only question is, will DJT literally kill himself on Nov. 9?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Please put your laptop and all internet posting devices in the oven at 500F

Why would I do that? Maybe you have a lie down to calm down, friend :)

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

OctaMurk posted:

We're in the bunker phase of the election, the only question is, will DJT literally kill himself on Nov. 9?

How would he get to launch Trump TV and soak up the adoration of his idiot fanbase if he kills himself?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Current status of the Republican party.

Could you call it a...... TRUMPSTER FIRE?? AHAHAHAHAHA

........I'll let myself out

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

lozzle posted:

I think it goes like this:

premise 1: Donald Trump is winning (this is a given and a fundamental axiom of r/the_donald's worldview)
premise 2: Republicans are betraying Donald Trump by dumping him like hot poo poo

conclusion: the GOPe secretly wanted Hillary to win all along and are sabotaging him to make it happen, because ~establishment~

But the way it's phrased makes it sound like...

Bah. It's not really worth trying to figure out.

In the meantime, since I discovered the betting markets way, way too late, I'm going to see if I can get my terrible family members, who are entirely in the bag for Trump and fully believe that the "silent majority" will deliver him to victory, to bet on the election against me, since it's basically free money, barring an unforeseeable catastrophe. Given that I'm closeted about being neither cis nor straight and thus get to hear them saying awful things about LGBT people all the time and their supporting a person who would see people like me dead and call it God's work if it were up to him for one of the highest offices in the country, they're defending a sexual criminal and rapist despite at least some of them knowing I'm a CSA survivor (which really doesn't make it "more" bad but does make it more personally unpleasant), and they're all varying degrees of racist and such as well, I really, really don't feel at all guilty about taking their money this way if they actually bet against me. They're extremely well-off anyway.

And if the unthinkable happens, well, I have bigger problems anyway.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

OctaMurk posted:

Trump will blame everyone but himself and instead turn towards trying to hurt everyone else rather than self harm, or alternatively, pretend he never actually ran for president and we were all fooled by his elaborate jape.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Oh right has any scientific poll shown Trump to win the 2nd debate yet?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Goatman Sacks posted:

No actually more came out showing he lost it pretty bad.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Goatman Sacks posted:

"Scientific" like the "scientists" who made up false global warming data to support lies and all had names like Chang-Liebowitz?

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Goatman Sacks posted:

Okay that is pretty funny and makes Gravis sound like 2012 Rasmussen on crack (who knew).

I suppose it's possible he knows that's retarded and it's a cynical disinformation campaign on behalf of Breitbart though? :shrug: :tinfoil:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Geoff Peterson posted:

Eichenwald seems to have been a bit broken by the election. It's unfortunate that he's puffed it up as much as he has, because it isn't the smoking gun he thinks it is-but provided that his details are right, it's definitely notable.

For those unwilling to click through- Sputnik (RT without attempting to keep the veneer of respectability) rapidly reported on the last batch of the Bear-leaked Podesta emails, focusing on one sent to him by Blumenthal about Benghazi. The substance of the article is that the email proves Blumenthal and Podesta agree that Benghazi was all Hillary's fault, based on the following quote: "Clinton was in charge of the State Department, and it failed to protect U.S. personnel at an American consulate in Libya. If the GOP wants to raise that as a talking point against her, it is legitimate"

Problem is, the quote is one piece of a much longer article by Eichenwald, which was cited and reproduced (with link and title) by Blumenthal in the email. Once Sputnik realized how badly they'd hosed the story, they pulled it. According to Eichenwald (and this is the part that needs to be true for there to be any meat), only a Turkish paper had referenced/run with that by the time Trump got on stage in Pennsylvania and repeated the quote, attributing it to Blumenthal with the same takeaway.

It would mean that either
A: his staff is picking things up from Sputnik faster than Drudge+Breitbart+RightTwitter are, and scrubbing the source info away
B: The same as 'A', but without the scrubbing. Despite being briefed that the Russians are trying to influence our election, he uncritically passes along Russian Propaganda sourced from emails hacked by Russia
C: Whoever is in charge of the DnD campaign out of Russia has a line to Trump/His Staff and passed the story along directly, but failed to stop him when they retracted it.

A is cause for immediate termination in a campaign that fires for far less. B is notably reckless, but fits Trump's pattern. It's likely why the intelligence community broke with protocol and leaked the content of Trump's briefing-so that when he's busted, he can't say he didn't know. If this is the case, it's a serious news story. C is Eichenwald's theory and would be one of the top 10 discoveries of American investigative journalism, so I understand his excitement. I just don't agree with him. By hyping it as it's C, he makes it tough for people to take seriously.

I think that they are missing possibility D: the network of Russian propaganda Twitter accounts includes a few that have managed to get a follow from a person in his campaign staff and use that to DM "tips". It might even be one removed, using a person they know will forward anything and everything sufficiently juicy to those actually on the campaign.

It is similar to C but less nefarious on the side of the campaign (although still nefarious on the Russian side). Trump doesn't follow many people but Conway, Jr, and Pierson follow 560, 1000, and 2700 accounts respectively and it is quite probable that more than a few are part of the Russian network. It becomes a near certainty if you expand the possibility to include a person who they are following being the one who gets DMed by the Russian propaganda account, and that would help explain why they weren't able to pull back the story in time.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

"Scientific" like the "scientists" who made up false global warming data to support lies and all had names like Chang-Liebowitz?

For the proper alt-right posting experience that name should have ((())) around it.

Also I've heard someone say without a shred of irony that science has a liberal bias and that's proof that it was sent by the devil to trick us. :cripes:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/785830742022512640

Geoff Peterson posted:

Eichenwald seems to have been a bit broken by the election. It's unfortunate that he's puffed it up as much as he has, because it isn't the smoking gun he thinks it is-but provided that his details are right, it's definitely notable.

For those unwilling to click through- Sputnik (RT without attempting to keep the veneer of respectability) rapidly reported on the last batch of the Bear-leaked Podesta emails, focusing on one sent to him by Blumenthal about Benghazi. The substance of the article is that the email proves Blumenthal and Podesta agree that Benghazi was all Hillary's fault, based on the following quote: "Clinton was in charge of the State Department, and it failed to protect U.S. personnel at an American consulate in Libya. If the GOP wants to raise that as a talking point against her, it is legitimate"

Problem is, the quote is one piece of a much longer article by Eichenwald, which was cited and reproduced (with link and title) by Blumenthal in the email. Once Sputnik realized how badly they'd hosed the story, they pulled it. According to Eichenwald (and this is the part that needs to be true for there to be any meat), only a Turkish paper had referenced/run with that by the time Trump got on stage in Pennsylvania and repeated the quote, attributing it to Blumenthal with the same takeaway.

It would mean that either
A: his staff is picking things up from Sputnik faster than Drudge+Breitbart+RightTwitter are, and scrubbing the source info away
B: The same as 'A', but without the scrubbing. Despite being briefed that the Russians are trying to influence our election, he uncritically passes along Russian Propaganda sourced from emails hacked by Russia
C: Whoever is in charge of the DnD campaign out of Russia has a line to Trump/His Staff and passed the story along directly, but failed to stop him when they retracted it.

A is cause for immediate termination in a campaign that fires for far less. B is notably reckless, but fits Trump's pattern. It's likely why the intelligence community broke with protocol and leaked the content of Trump's briefing-so that when he's busted, he can't say he didn't know. If this is the case, it's a serious news story. C is Eichenwald's theory and would be one of the top 10 discoveries of American investigative journalism, so I understand his excitement. I just don't agree with him. By hyping it as it's C, he makes it tough for people to take seriously.
He probably wasn't reading Sputnik but instead another Russian propaganda outfit...
https://twitter.com/passantino/status/785682424860581888
https://twitter.com/passantino/status/785684023985053697
https://twitter.com/passantino/status/785692409183150081
https://twitter.com/SolidGoldRobot/status/785696711901536258

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
(((scientists)))

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

Charlz Guybon posted:

A high profile lawyer signed on to that Trump child rape case.

A lot of people have said Trump winning could be compared to Brexit. Just maybe, the real cross-Atlantic comparison will turn out to be Jimmy Saville.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Cardboard Box A posted:

He probably wasn't reading Sputnik but instead another Russian propaganda outfit...

Eichenwald is a loving idiot.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_(1983_miniseries)

...Strange events begin to occur and scientists become objects of increasing media hostility. They experience government restrictions on their activities and movements. Others, particularly those keen on examining the Visitors more closely, begin to disappear or are discredited. Noted scientists confess to subversive activities; some of them exhibit other unusual behaviors, such as suddenly demonstrating hand preference opposite to the one they were known to have...

...Scientists around the world continue to be persecuted, both to discredit them (as the part of the human population most likely to discover the Visitors' secrets) and to distract the rest of the population with a scapegoat to whom they could attribute their fears...

:tinfoil:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

You'll probably see some stuff about Voter Fraud today in deplorable-land since O'Keefe just dropped his latest nothing video of a New York election commissioner "admitting" (alleging) widespread voter fraud consisting of bus-fulls of blacks and Muslims being driven to various polls to vote multiple times because that's totally a thing that happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUDTcxIqqM0

Which just makes this video of Donald Trump (accompanied by Billy Bush) having trouble voting in New York due to registration issues that much more topical:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOcQEcwFkX0

This is almost certainly a case of O'Keefe getting the commissioner to say what the allegations that the crazy people are making then cutting out that context, right? That seems to be his favorite trick.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
With polls saying he lost the debate relatively badly, I wonder if Trump has illuminated a new political law: if you lower debate expectations too far, your performance comes off even worse because the default position in people's minds becomes you lost. I call this new phenomena The Laugher Curve.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cardboard Box A posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_(1983_miniseries)

...Strange events begin to occur and scientists become objects of increasing media hostility. They experience government restrictions on their activities and movements. Others, particularly those keen on examining the Visitors more closely, begin to disappear or are discredited. Noted scientists confess to subversive activities; some of them exhibit other unusual behaviors, such as suddenly demonstrating hand preference opposite to the one they were known to have...

...Scientists around the world continue to be persecuted, both to discredit them (as the part of the human population most likely to discover the Visitors' secrets) and to distract the rest of the population with a scapegoat to whom they could attribute their fears...

:tinfoil:

Alex Jones is the real lizard person.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

2spooky4me posted:

For the proper alt-right posting experience that name should have ((())) around it.

Also I've heard someone say without a shred of irony that science has a liberal bias and that's proof that it was sent by the devil to trick us. :cripes:
(((Chang)))-Leibowitz

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

http://madison365.com/third-party-vote-height-white-privilege/

Interesting take to say the least but it does mirror my feelings as a gay person that folks (almost universally white, heterosexual men) stating they're voting third party this year are doing so from a place of privilege because none of their rights are directly threatened by a Trump presidency. It also feeds into my annoyance over that "both parties are equally bad" narrative because that is demonstrably false.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

alpha_destroy posted:

With polls saying he lost the debate relatively badly, I wonder if Trump has illuminated a new political law: if you lower debate expectations too far, your performance comes off even worse because the default position in people's minds becomes you lost. I call this new phenomena The Laugher Curve.

Sam Wang actually had a decent article on that about 'You know, the expectations game having this kind of gap means the voters know who the stronger candidate is.' that I think is getting vindicated.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

lozzle posted:

Eichenwald is a loving idiot.
He got the specific Russian propaganda source wrong, but the Russian propaganda angle right.

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER

davecrazy posted:

It's the best sub on Reddit.

Right now they've PROVEN that the NBC/WSJ poll is rigged because the pollster that NBC/WSJ hired had at one time done polling for Clinton (and Paul Ryan, and John McCain) and probably a lot of others, you know, because they're a polling firm.

loving CHECKMATE CUCKTARDS!

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/56wblk/breaking_fucking_news_do_not_let_this_slide/

Looking through their top 20 threads there:

9 are about this video of one guy saying that certain (read: black, Muslim and Chinese) people are going around in buses from polling station to polling station committing voter fraud
4 are about Wikileaks
4 are childish jabs at Paul Ryan (broken clock, etc.)
2 are about poll unskewing
1 is about hordes of Muslim rapists in Germany

Literally not a single post about policy or issues, not even a single one directly about Trump.

These people are loving demented, and Hillary was right to call them irredeemable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

2spooky4me posted:

http://madison365.com/third-party-vote-height-white-privilege/

Interesting take to say the least but it does mirror my feelings as a gay person that folks (almost universally white, heterosexual men) stating they're voting third party this year are doing so from a place of privilege because none of their rights are directly threatened by a Trump presidency. It also feeds into my annoyance over that "both parties are equally bad" narrative because that is demonstrably false.

Hot take: third party voters are the real deplorables

• Locked thread