Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

I wonder what he's after, that sounds pretty loving tame by Trump standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america
I'm surprised journalists haven't checked every single Howard Stern episode already. I'd think that's pretty low hanging fruit.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

greatn posted:

I wonder what he's after, that sounds pretty loving tame by Trump standards.

Possibly confirmation from Trump himself about walking in backstage on naked contestants?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Thanks 4chan!

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

PT6A posted:

Trump supporters consider that only they do "work" because they're unfit for any loving thing beyond unskilled labour, so unskilled labour must be the only kind of real work.

It always amazes me how much overlap there is between Soviet Communist ideology and that of the GOP.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

:unsmigghh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkOiKy6sXfM

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Is this an actual thing cause the people yabbing about it don't have any links

https://twitter.com/FreeDavidKing/status/786222056912412672?s=09

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

If it's anything like most of the e-mail "stories" framed like that, it is at most quoting some story that has been copied and pasted over to the email.

Which begs the question, why do all of these campaign emails have the story copied over instead of just providing a link? To avoid a dead link happening? Old people?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

comingafteryouall posted:

If it's anything like most of the e-mail "stories" framed like that, it is at most quoting some story that has been copied and pasted over to the email.

Which begs the question, why do all of these campaign emails have the story copied over instead of just providing a link? To avoid a dead link happening? Old people?

Because the link, likely, wouldn't have any source or basis to it. It doesn't matter whether it's true or not. It's whether you trust the person who sent it to you. Aunt Lisa would never lie to you, right? She's so nice. And she trusts who sent this, so it MUST be true, right?

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Aesop Poprock posted:

just a part of operation "cry wolf" in action, blanket the media with enough fake scandals and nothingburgers that everybody stops paying attention to any clinton scandals, so that if any of her real dirty dealings get leaked, no-one will believe them. :v:

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
I don't know if anyone else heard it, but apparently Trump is spouting a wikileaks e-mail from the Clinton campaign as proof that Clinton is at fault for Benghazi and unfit for the role of president. Unfortunately, this was a misinterpretation purposely done by Russian propaganda papers on a piece done by a US reporter, which was then forwarded around within Clinton's campaign.

tl;dr: Trump spouts Russian propaganda like it's the truth. Truly, not a Manchurian Candidate.

Full story on NPR here.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

jwang posted:

I don't know if anyone else heard it, but apparently Trump is spouting a wikileaks e-mail from the Clinton campaign as proof that Clinton is at fault for Benghazi and unfit for the role of president. Unfortunately, this was a misinterpretation purposely done by Russian propaganda papers on a piece done by a US reporter, which was then forwarded around within Clinton's campaign.

tl;dr: Trump spouts Russian propaganda like it's the truth. Truly, not a Manchurian Candidate.

this whole story is probably not true, except for the part where trump just lies about poo poo. eichenwald is making some assumptions here

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

jwang posted:

Full story on NPR here.

Trump is incredibly easy to poke and prod.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

boner confessor posted:

this whole story is probably not true, except for the part where trump just lies about poo poo

There was a pretty nice summary of this in the most recent NPR Politics Podcast. I thought it was one of their better episodes.

e: I missed the earlier link to an NPR story!

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/becketadams/status/786234787937804289

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
#BelieveWomen

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Trump's bunch are trying so, so hard to make it seem like both sides are the same, aren't they? Pathetic.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

OAquinas posted:

Crossposting from the CSPAM/BoneZone:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reasons-trumps-rise-that-no-one-talks-about/

It's actually a decent piece from Cracked (really!) about where Trump supporters are coming from, while fully acknowledging how terrible their opinions are.

This poo poo is sticking with us even after the orange vulgarian departs the scene, so it's definitely worth a read.

Jason Pargin/David Wong is a really smart/thoughtful man and one of the only reasons I think Cracked has stayed afloat. I only listen to their podcast still just so I can hear the once a month episode with him. He's increadibly insightful.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

axeil posted:

Jason Pargin/David Wong is a really smart/thoughtful man and one of the only reasons I think Cracked has stayed afloat. I only listen to their podcast still just so I can hear the once a month episode with him. He's increadibly insightful.

Imagine the longest "ehhhh" and biggest hand waggling up and down in history.

I think he's coming to a lot of good stuff, but he's also really into seeing things individually as much as systemically and also seems to have some hang ups of his own. Not that that's different from anyone else, but it just makes me a bit wary of some of his stuff.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Josef bugman posted:

Imagine the longest "ehhhh" and biggest hand waggling up and down in history.

I think he's coming to a lot of good stuff, but he's also really into seeing things individually as much as systemically and also seems to have some hang ups of his own. Not that that's different from anyone else, but it just makes me a bit wary of some of his stuff.

Also, he has a tendency to use overblown metaphors to present fairly basic sociological and critical theory ideas as mind blowing insights.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Teddybear posted:

Because the link, likely, wouldn't have any source or basis to it. It doesn't matter whether it's true or not. It's whether you trust the person who sent it to you. Aunt Lisa would never lie to you, right? She's so nice. And she trusts who sent this, so it MUST be true, right?

I understand that part! I'm talking about within the original leaked campaign emails, they are often talking about stories that have been published by various media outlets. Then the person within the campaign will copy over the text from the story into the email after providing a link in the beginning.

So you'll see stupid posts about "OMG CLINTON CALLED VOTERS EVERY RACIAL SLUR IMAGINABLE" and it turns out someone in the campaign had copied an article or part of a book into an email and sent it to someone else in the campaign.

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

Does not surprise me in the least. The word "Kane" was trending on twitter EVERY DAY after the VP debate up until the "Friday surprise".

I feel like targeting Kane is the weakest attack ever. Like all things happening right now, it only could possibly appeal to the base.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
https://twitter.com/abbydphillip/status/786251141466230788

Giuliani seems to be one of the few officials still going on the trail for trump rn.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

OddObserver posted:

It always amazes me how much overlap there is between Soviet Communist ideology and that of the GOP.

Trump is just calling for the seizure of the means of production.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

OAquinas posted:

Crossposting from the CSPAM/BoneZone:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reasons-trumps-rise-that-no-one-talks-about/

It's actually a decent piece from Cracked (really!) about where Trump supporters are coming from, while fully acknowledging how terrible their opinions are.

This poo poo is sticking with us even after the orange vulgarian departs the scene, so it's definitely worth a read.

When the entire world is one extended comedy sketch, leave it to the comics to produce hard-hitting commentary. That's a drat good read, and depressing as gently caress.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/MonmouthPoll/status/786251451030904832

I hope that's not the only poll they were doing today.

Kander's LOOKS AT MY GUNS ad seemed to work well. Sucks that Coster is losing ground, though - I haven't paid too much attention, did he gently caress something up?

Also we're not quite at August-level Missouri dream

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Also, he has a tendency to use overblown metaphors to present fairly basic sociological and critical theory ideas as mind blowing insights.

To be fair, cracked is half this and half "your slightly older friend who says swears now"

I think there's pretty good content there at times but it's usually buried between some pretty boring attempts at humor. I think that article was pretty alright even, but it doesn't purpose any solution so just comes across as this weird finger pointing

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Well, seizing the means of reproduction at the very least.

:rimshot:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Well, that Monmouth Missouri poll was much ado about nothing - Trump +5 (46-41), up from 44-43 in August.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/786252467969355776

Good ol' Rudy.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Reminds me of the primaries when Clinton said "where was Bernie when I tried to do healthcare reform in the 90s?"

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

:vince:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

And its a quick call to the FBI/Police to solve that. Take their picture, and hope they enjoy.
yeah im sure the police will get right on helping people vote against donald trump

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Nate Cohn wrote an article on the LA Times poll's black Trump supporter, and the poll's shittiness in general. :laugh:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Death Bot posted:

To be fair, cracked is half this and half "your slightly older friend who says swears now"

I think there's pretty good content there at times but it's usually buried between some pretty boring attempts at humor. I think that article was pretty alright even, but it doesn't purpose any solution so just comes across as this weird finger pointing

Agreed. A few of the articles they have that are people talking about their strange jobs or the terrible things that can happen in life are usually pretty good if you can get past the dick jokes.

Now that John Cheese is back I have enjoyed reading his articles.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Talking about the economics of the new, populist, insane GOP, there was this bit from the debate:

quote:

Coal will last for 1,000 years in this country. Now we have natural gas, and so other things because of technology, we have unbelievable, we have found over the last seven years, we found tremendous wealth right under our feet. So good, especially when you have $20 trillion in debt. I will bring our energy companies back and they will be able to compete and they’ll make money and pay off our national debt and budget deficits which are tremendous.

That's nationalization he's talking about. Dude is talking about creating state-owned quasi-private energy companies and controlling our resources through them.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Oh Rudy. :rolleyes:

Seriously though I'm concerned there might be something wrong with him in a mental health kind of way. :ohdear:

lozzle fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 12, 2016

Sensible Thursday
Jul 28, 2007
Missouri appears to be demographically identicalish to Ohio as far as race/age/education/income, why does it appear to lean more conservative?

I think Monmouth promised a swing through red states today.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Sensible Thursday posted:

Missouri appears to be demographically identicalish to Ohio as far as race/age/education/income, why does it appear to lean more conservative?

Our two large cities are shared with other states, which serves to dilute the democratic, urban base.

This is my guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

I can't help but want to know more about this random 19-year old and his enthusiasm for Trump. What other amazing opinions does he have that we don't even know about yet???

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

That's nationalization he's talking about. Dude is talking about creating state-owned quasi-private energy companies and controlling our resources through them.

Trump really is literally a Latin/South American strongman. And in the absence of a Petrobras, you must create a Petrobras :science:

• Locked thread