Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

DoJu is the worst by far.

Baron is the best because he is great at cyber, just the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

The Christian justification for Trump is pretty simple. Hillary is pro unborn baby murdering and not anti-Islamic enough. All Trump ever did was call a bimbo a bimbo and maybe a few bimbos cast unwarranted stones at him. So what if he's lewd? At least he doesn't support sinful same sex marriages.

It's not a mystery. Sure some people might act holier than him, but as Jesus said, there are weightier issues of God's law which are more important than simply acting polite.

http://www.jamespatrickriley.com/index.php/religious-spirit/

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Lightning Knight posted:

Yeah. I'm reminded of the story of Romney hiring liberal IT people without vettng them and how they proceeded to intentionally sabotage everything they touched in the subtlest way they could, and the Romney campaign was just too full of itself to notice or care.

Yo, what's this story? I never heard about this and it sounds hilarious

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

Donald Trump defended Serbian nationalism? What? What?

"Ey, you guys were just killin' Muslims which is fine. But THE EEEEVIL CLINTONS HAD TO BOMB YOU DIDN'T THEY? Vote for Donald J. Trump, and you can commit genocide in Kosovo and Sarajevo and wherever else you want I don't care."

This wouldn't make me so angry if for a second I thought Trump actually gave a poo poo about Serbia or anyone else in the Balkans. But he doesn't. He's just spewing total bullshit he heard from some far-right rear end in a top hat who is advising him.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I feel bad for the ten year old, he might be a whiz at computers but having a national joke/shame for a Dad in your most important years will be crushing.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

edrith posted:

worked for ghomeshi

:(

This is awhile back, but several women in the Ghomeshi trial literally lied on the stand. Like, perjury. The fact that he's probably guilty doesn't change the fact that you shouldn't go to jail if you've a farce for a trial.

MonkeyOnFire
Jun 3, 2004
I LOVE MONKEYS
This Michelle Obama speech is going to be something else. She's gonna lower the fuckin' boom.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Which trump kid is the worst tia

Donald Jr. He seems to be the biggest "true believer" of them all and eats up and shits out /pol/ poo poo at a greater rate than his father.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I feel bad for the ten year old, he might be a whiz at computers but having a national joke/shame for a Dad in your most important years will be crushing.

To be honest he'd have that even if Trump hadn't run.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Luna Was Here posted:

Yo, what's this story? I never heard about this and it sounds hilarious

Somebody posted an article about it earlier, but basically they picked increasingly unflattering pictures and text for his website to see what they could get away with, and the managers were just like yep, looks good. Republican leadership is too out of touch and full of themselves to give a poo poo about the subtle parts of running a modern tech savvy campaign.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

DoJu is the worst by far.

Baron is the best because he is great at cyber, just the best.

The cyber thing will never not be funny

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

MonkeyOnFire posted:

This Michelle Obama speech is going to be something else. She's gonna lower the fuckin' boom.

Where's Michelle speaking? Do you have a link?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Which trump kid is the worst tia

Ivanka because she is superficially the least objectionable (adult) Trump child, but is still active with his campaign.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So I guess Trump is 45 minutes late to his own speech again.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

haveblue posted:

The music is terrible because all the good, appropriate songs are by artists who refused to let them be played at Trump rallies.

Oh they've asked him not to use their music.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Night10194 posted:

Where's Michelle speaking? Do you have a link?

https://www.c-span.org/video/?416885-1/michelle-obama-campaigns-hillary-clinton-manchester-new-hampshire&live

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Not only that, but he literally is using his Twitter to just poo poo on all the dumb things his dad says and make fun of him. He's also apparently getting a terrible, withdrawn upbringing and I feel really bad for him. I hope he grows up better than his dad, 100% legit. If he stays on the current trajectory he's on he'll be a cool kid.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

MasterSlowPoke posted:

For a second I forgot about his kid and thought you were talking about the ten year old he wanted to date in ten years. I didn't even read the details of that story. How long ago was it? Did she grow up hot? Did he eventually date her? If not then does America really need a president who doesn't follow through with his plans?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

Not only that, but he literally is using his Twitter to just poo poo on all the dumb things his dad says and make fun of him. He's also apparently getting a terrible, withdrawn upbringing and I feel really bad for him. I hope he grows up better than his dad, 100% legit. If he stays on the current trajectory he's he'll be a cool kid.

The 10 year old has a twitter account?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Thank you. I would much rather be watching Michelle. :swoon:

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

I know enough RNC/Republican junior staffers to know that this likely means a bunch of early 20-somethings in bad cubicles got told to look into Trump, found a bunch of his poo poo like The Apprentice, The Art of the Deal, and that stuff and just assumed he was like Romney or any other "serious businessman" Republican. I'm a child of the 90s, and we had really no conception of who he was other than the "You're Fired" guy up until this campaign, and finding all of the scummy poo poo he does requires almost having to be an Ernest Cline "I love the 80's" type of person. No intern right now cares who the gently caress Howard Stern was or would know to look there without advance warning since Howard Stern hasn't been relevant in like 20 years, and the Access Hollywood tape literally just popped up on an NBC shelf and wasn't public prior. His worst stuff is so embedded in a layer of 80's/90's pop culture that asking the internet generation to find it isn't prudent, which is absolutely why your typical cursory RNC search missed. A lot of his court records are sealed and would seem like they had some level of plausible deniability without the heavy amounts of context around them. Maybe the Miss Universe/Miss Teen stuff should've been found, but a lot of this honestly can be a generation gap issue that Republicans were too stupid to account for in how they likely farmed this out.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/chrisgeidner/status/786608436515594240

For the FLOTUS speech. She's making it about sexual assault and is killing it.

"This is not normal. This is not politics as usual. This is disgraceful. This is intolerable. This isn't about politics. This about basic decency. This is about right and wrong. ...It's time to say enough is enough."

gregday
May 23, 2003

In addition to all the other problems he's facing being a Trump kid at 10 years old, Barron also has to worry about his dad stealing his girlfriends.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Combed Thunderclap posted:

The 10 year old has a twitter account?

Yes. It's loving amazing. I'm phone posting so I can't embed poo poo or figure out how to link it but look him up lmao holy poo poo it's so funny.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Koalas March posted:

goddamn it, I clocked out for this.

Trump says literally everything he does is huge. His "huge" speech will probably be just more of the same hateful rhetoric to get the bigots in the crowd all riled up.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

canepazzo posted:

Michelle Obama is basically every bit as charismatic and skilled at speaking as her husband, she just doesn't want to be an elected official herself.

Bass Concert Hall
May 9, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Ivanka because she is superficially the least objectionable (adult) Trump child, but is still active with his campaign.

I feel bad for her because I genuinely think she feels like she has a duty to her father and has tried to drag his campaign/beliefs into less reprehensible territory, but that's just never going to happen.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I had a look at the NYT's branching path graphic, and here's a fun observation: They're no longer using the 10 swingiest states to model it. If they did so, that would leave only 1 winning path for Trump. Instead, they're using 9 dem-leaning states and Iowa, so that it's actually possible for the graphic to show a network of branches on both sides.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Night10194 posted:

Michelle Obama is basically every bit as charismatic and skilled at speaking as her husband, she just doesn't want to be an elected official herself.

Make Michelle Obama Empress of Chicago for life. She can't be worse than Rahm Emmanuel. :colbert:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

canepazzo posted:

"This is not normal. This is not politics as usual. This is disgraceful. This is intolerable. This isn't about politics. This about basic decency. This is about right and wrong. ...It's time to say enough is enough."

Can we elect Michelle.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

5436 posted:

I feel like VA is pretty segregated. You got NoVA/Richmond/VA Beach (maybe) that are liberal and the rest is very Republican/Tea Party. Not sure it matters much down ballot.

You're probably thinking Norfolk and Hampton there, historically very heavily black cities with a long heritage of educated minority citizens, which the surrounding counties did everything in their power to choke out. Ever wondered why the City of Virginia Beach is so goddamn huge? It's because Princess Anne County turned itself wholesale into an independent city in order to prevent Norfolk and the spooky urban ferals therein from annexing any of its precious white bodily fluids land. The same happened with Chesapeake (Norfolk County), Suffolk (Nansemond County), and Newport News (Warwick County). The Hampton Roads area is a loving horror show of segregation and suburban/urban hatred. A leading government figure in Virginia Beach-- I can't remember if it was one of the city council members or a planning commission chair or something-- recently commented regarding a proposed extension of light rail into Virginia Beach (to the seaside, allowing the spooky urban ferals to reach the ocean) "if people [read: millennials] want urbanism and density, they should go live in Norfolk."

The only reason the county-becoming-city thing didn't happen in Richmond (Henrico and Chesterfield are key contenders) and Northern Virginia (Arlington, Loudoun, and Fairfax could do it) is because by the time it became relevant, suburban counties got powerful enough in the General Assembly to just ban annexation, neat and tidy and no ugly giant independent cities needed. The kicker: they got the cities to agree by offering them state funds for police forces. Guess which end of the bargain got cancelled just a decade or two down the line, and which is still standing!

Quorum fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 13, 2016

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Other choice bits:

"Strong men don't need to put down women to make themselves feel powerful. People who are strong lift others up"

"To dismiss this as locker room talk is an insult to decent men everywhere.”

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Nevvy Z posted:

Oh they've asked him not to use their music.

But that's all they can do, right? If the campaign buys a blanket license, they can use whatever's contained.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

CannonFodder posted:

Excellent post.

Follow up question : What would be the time line for an actual start of case, discovery, depositions, and whatnot? Would there be any action on this before the election?

Were this a normal suit, it'd be unlikely that we reach discovery before the election. Once Trump actually files a complaint, there's a period of time for filing 12b motions (or their state equivalent), which are various motions arguing that the complaint is brought against the wrong person, brought in the wrong place, isn't a valid basis for a suit, etc. Once that time is passed then there's a case management conference to plan discovery and such, and then we get to discovery starting. Given the current backlog of our courts this could take weeks, or months.

However, it's possible, should all the parties and the judge wishes, to move faster than the timeline allows (e.g. waiving 12b motions, filing them sooner), so while it's very unlikely that we get anything before the election, it's not impossible. And then AFTER the election we get to keep the popcorn out.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
I think its significant that Michelle who hates politics is leading the attack for Hillary.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Can we elect Michelle.

She'd have to run, first. :smith:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lightning Knight posted:

Yes. It's loving amazing. I'm phone posting so I can't embed poo poo or figure out how to link it but look him up lmao holy poo poo it's so funny.

you sure that's not a parody account? the most realistic looking account for a 10 year old hasn't tweeted since march 2016

probably a real account https://twitter.com/barrontrump_

fake https://twitter.com/thebarrontrump

fake https://twitter.com/barronsthoughts

fake https://twitter.com/barron_trump

etc.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Definitely. What gets me is it's entirely Trump's fault. He must know he only has a few more lucid years left and instead of spending this precious time with his kid he's wasting it on a doomed vanity run. In the process he's forcing the kid to watch him become the most reviled man in America. It's just so pointlessly self-destructive.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

according to that upshot post Clinton already has 272 EVs with 85%+ HRC States

it really is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I think its significant that Michelle who hates politics is leading the attack for Hillary.

Doesn't Michelle have higher approval ratings than Barack and like, almost any other elected official right now?

I wonder what would happen if Trump attacked her.

• Locked thread