Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Devor posted:

For anyone who can't read the tiny text, the $1 from your jug of sugar is being donated to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.

However, please note that "Juvenile" diabetes, aka Type I Diabetes is not caused by diet, but rather an autoimmune response. So although you can help spur yourself on to Type II adult-onset diabetes with your sugar-prize, you aren't causing the exact disease your donation will be fighting.

Not going to lie, my immediate thoughts went to Parks and Recreation. That's exactly the sort of poo poo you'd expect to see for one of those "Child Size" cups that is in fact named such because it can hold the equivalent to an entire liquified toddler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

SweetAsselin posted:

Ugh some people.... Am I awful for wishing she gets raped?

***Edit: whoa!! Apparently struck a nerve with that smart assed, offensive comment. I appreciate the hateful replies from all tho. Especially the PC police calling me scum :allears:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zebulon posted:

Not going to lie, my immediate thoughts went to Parks and Recreation. That's exactly the sort of poo poo you'd expect to see for one of those "Child Size" cups that is in fact named such because it can hold the equivalent to an entire liquified toddler.
Same.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Koalas March posted:

Not only that but Melania already got slammed for copying Michelle's speech, so I wouldn't put it past Trump to be looking for an excuse to go after her now.

Skinty McEdger posted:

Considering his inability to mention a woman without talking about her appearance I'm sure right now the last sane member of his inner circle is begging everyone to just let this one go.

It sounds like there's conflicting reports as to if his staff is actually pushing his current "No More Mr Nice Guy" strategy or trying to reign him in. I'm sure Trump himself is ready to go since she's openly mocked him which he can't stand more than anything so while I think they can't be THAT stupid as you guys say they find ways to do it every time.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Radish posted:

It sounds like there's conflicting reports as to if his staff is actually pushing his current "No More Mr Nice Guy" strategy or trying to reign him in. I'm sure Trump himself is ready to go since she's openly mocked him which he can't stand more than anything so while I think they can't be THAT stupid as you guys say they find ways to do it every time.

Apparently even Conway is for it now. I think now the plan is to go deep into the mud to depress enthusiasm and if they lose, hope to damage President Clinton a little on their way down.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

nine-gear crow posted:

Now I took two years of German in university to satisfy a language requirement, but tell me... is "sexmonster" some special (and amazing) German term? Or is that them just jamming a railroad spike in that big orange Jack O Lantern by making up a new insult to do it? :getin:
The tabloid BILD habitually abuses the tendency of the German language to compound together new words in order to fit simplistic characterizations into headline format.

"Sexmonster" isn't a well-established term, but it's just as straight-forward normal german as engl. "sex monster".

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Night10194 posted:

Apparently even Conway is for it now. I think now the plan is to go deep into the mud to depress enthusiasm and if they lose, hope to damage President Clinton a little on their way down.

The Fox News debate is going to be a poo poo show. He was openly calling for her imprisonment junta style at the last one and he is only become more unhinged since. I'm not looking forward to Christ Wallace ignoring Trump's insane word salad answers intermixed with white nationalist code words with a serious look on his weasel face.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
By the way, C-SPAM has raised over 10k for victims of sexual abuse.

If you can, please Donate to RAINN because Trump and SweetAsselin are pieces of poo poo.

Got a few people from USPOL over, we could do with more to match us! Will be talking with administrators soon to possibly coordinate this in a larger effort instead of annoying you curmudgeons too much but this is for a really good cause, namaste.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://twitter.com/DLeonhardt/status/786906169650601988

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Night10194 posted:

Depress enthusiasm for their voters? I'm not sure you can depress enthousiasm for the other side by being even worse than Trump is now? You might even get more people to come out and support the other side.

Lastgirl posted:

If you can, please Donate to RAINN because Trump and SweetAsselin are pieces of poo poo.

Got a few people from USPOL over, we could do with more to match us! Will be talking with administrators soon to possibly coordinate this in a larger effort instead of annoying you curmudgeons too much but this is for a really good cause, namaste.

Thanks for this - I hope something worthwhile comes out of this fiasco. Donated some Euromonies.

Junior G-man fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Oct 14, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

FactsAreUseless posted:

So who wants a namechange to "Ein Sexmonster"

I'm in. As long as I can change it back once this whole fiasco is over.

E: f,b

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

Donating $5. It's not much but I'm doing what I can. 😢

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I'm in. As long as I can change it back once this whole fiasco is over.
Someone beat you to it.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Junior G-man posted:

Depress enthusiasm for their voters? I'm not sure you can depress enthousiasm for the other side by being even worse than Trump is now? You might even get more people to come out and support the other side.

I think the idea is to make the entire election such a poo poo show "regular" people just say gently caress it and depress turnout because both candidates suck while the garbage Trump base actively thrives and are energized in that environment tipping close swing states for Trump. I don't know if that's based on any actual statistics or political theory but it's what they seem to be attempting as the Trump train catches fire.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Junior G-man posted:

I don't think it'll work, I just think that's The Strat.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

FactsAreUseless posted:

Me!!!

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
topical and relevant to my hangover

https://twitter.com/DSzymborski/status/786763721205026816

MountGeek
Apr 14, 2016

Yes, as we were all taught in school ad hominem is a logical fallacy that should not be used unless the person’s character is part of the issue. In most debates (abortion, gun rights, etc.) trying to discredit an argument based on a person’s character, appearance, etc would be ad hominem. However, in a presidential election a person’s character is of vital importance. The President of the United States is the face of the country at home and abroad. It is of the utmost importance that the President act in a way that reflects American ideals. So attacking a candidate based on their character is part of the Presidential vetting process. The closets need to be emptied because if they are not our enemies will in an effort to destabilize our government. So, Donald Trump’s potential sexual abuse of women needs to be reported and discussed just as Bill Clinton’s was during his Presidency. It is funny how character vetting for Trump supporters only works one way. If it helps Donald they like it if it doesn’t then they don’t. The perfect example of ad hominem on the campaign trail was “Little Marco.” That was true ad hominem used by Trump. Marco Rubio’s height has nothing to do with his fitness to be president and neither does the size of Donald Trump’s hands.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

MountGeek posted:

neither does the size of Donald Trump’s hands.
I want a president who can fist, and that's why I want Hillary Clinton.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

woke wedding drone posted:

Can somebody explain to me how Ken Bone is not a racist by leaving a possibility that he will vote for Trump? Everybody is all meme and monocle "good day sir" bullshit about him like he wasn't a racist.

Every undecided voter is racist and misogynist.

The reason he has for being "undecided" in that his job is potentially more important to him and his family than the threat Trump poses to everyone else is absurd since Trump isn't saving any dying American industries and anyone paying attention can see he has no plan to do so. I don't think that's getting nearly enough criticism because it's not a Sophie's Choice, he's deciding between a lying conman and an actually politician and thinks the conman is going to honor his profession.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The tactic the last couple of days seems to be to make every attack seem like a response to something else. If you listen to either of yesterdays Trump rallies he starts each attack by making reference to something the Dems "said" often just hinting at something like "her comments about the Catholic Church" and then launches into an attack with the implication being both sides are involved in a mudslinging fight. His surrogates are using the exact same tactics today.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Someone beat you to it.

Make someone "Zwei Sexmonster"

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Also there's the whole thing where sexual assault is, you know, actually a crime and it's sort of relevant if the president has been up to non-e-mail/lizardman crime too.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

We were beat, sexmonster buddy :(

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

FactsAreUseless posted:

Ein klein Sexmonster :flaccid:

e: or eine kleine Sexmonstermusik for that full classical reference

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Oct 14, 2016

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Lastgirl posted:

PC police reporting :cop:

MountGeek
Apr 14, 2016

Skinty McEdger posted:

The tactic the last couple of days seems to be to make every attack seem like a response to something else. If you listen to either of yesterdays Trump rallies he starts each attack by making reference to something the Dems "said" often just hinting at something like "her comments about the Catholic Church" and then launches into an attack with the implication being both sides are involved in a mudslinging fight. His surrogates are using the exact same tactics today.

You could go with "Der Sexmonster" or "Herr Sexmonster" those would work too.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Koalas March posted:

Donating $5. It's not much but I'm doing what I can. 😢

That's amazing, it's more than enough. Every dollar counts!

If you can, let the thread know you donated so we can tally the amount.

I'm still floored that we raised over 10 grand in 2 days!

It has made a lot of people feel empowered to take initiative with regards to how ugly and contentious this election is becoming with sexual abuse being so flippantly dragged into the spotlight by a divisive cheeto nazi, but hey if that fat rear end in a top hat brings some attention to it, might as well be for a good cause

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
USPOL Oct: She Who Fights Sexmonsters...

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

nine-gear crow posted:

Wow, Ben Carson just had an epic meltdown on Morning Joe screaming about Judeo-Christian Values, trains going off cliffs, and media bias trying to defend Trump from his sexual assault allegations. I'm sure there'll be video of it surfacing soon, but my god it was magical to see him come unhinged :allears:

Suddenly those claims about him taking a knife and hammer to people in a fit of rage seem more plausible to me. Sleepy Ben and Friend Ben can get hosed, that was some straight up Angry Ben poo poo.

And now he's an Uncle Ben for Trump! :v:

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

What about zwei sexmonster?

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/texas-news/new-poll-trump-lead-shrinks-in-texas-within-margin-of-error/335896258

Texas is within the margin of error, but looking at the methodology does that change things?

WFAA Article posted:

This poll was conducted by telephone in the voice of a professional announcer. Respondent households were selected at random, using Random Digit Dialed (RDD) sample provided by Survey Sampling, of Fairfield CT. All respondents heard the questions asked identically. The pollster's report includes the geography that was surveyed; the date(s) interviews were conducted, the number of respondents who answered each question and the theoretical margin of sampling error for each question. Where necessary, respondents were weighted using the most recent US Census estimates for age, gender, ethnic origin and region, to align the sample to the population. In theory, one can say with 95% certainty that the results would not vary by more than the stated margin of sampling error, in one direction or the other, had the entire universe of respondents with home telephones been interviewed with complete accuracy. There are other possible sources of error in all surveys that may be more serious than sampling error. These include: the difficulty of interviewing respondents who do not have a home telephone; the refusal by some with home telephones to be interviewed; the order in which questions are asked; the wording of questions; the way and extent to which data are weighted; and the manner in which specialized populations, such as likely voters, are determined. It is difficult to quantify the errors that may result from these and other factors. Research methodology, questionnaire design and fieldwork for this survey were completed by SurveyUSA of Clifton, NJ. This statement conforms to the principles of disclosure of the National Council on Public Polls.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Okay, I suddenly feel less depressed about voting. I'm going to do my part to turn Georgia Blue this cycle.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Radish posted:

The reason he has for being "undecided" in that his job is potentially more important to him and his family than the threat Trump poses to everyone else is absurd since Trump isn't saving any dying American industries and anyone paying attention can see he has no plan to do so. I don't think that's getting nearly enough criticism because it's not a Sophie's Choice, he's deciding between a lying conman and an actually politician and thinks the conman is going to honor his profession.

I mean clearly Ken Bone is stupid enough that I can give him credit for not being able to figure out that Trump has no economic plan beyond massive gifts to the wealthy. But even if voting for Trump actually, directly saved his job it would still make him a bigot.

REPORTED
Feb 15, 2013

Skinty McEdger posted:

I was just about to say this. And that it should be me. Can't ever be first to a joke.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I mean clearly Ken Bone is stupid enough that I can give him credit for not being able to figure out that Trump has no economic plan beyond massive gifts to the wealthy. But even if voting for Trump actually, directly saved his job it would still make him a bigot.
Ken Bone isn't interested in post-menopausal women.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

USPOL Oct: She Who Fights Sexmonsters...

I kinda want to make a Slayer of Sexmonsters gangtag for everyone who donates.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

nine-gear crow posted:

Wow, Ben Carson just had an epic meltdown on Morning Joe screaming about Judeo-Christian Values, trains going off cliffs, and media bias trying to defend Trump from his sexual assault allegations. I'm sure there'll be video of it surfacing soon, but my god it was magical to see him come unhinged :allears:

Suddenly those claims about him taking a knife and hammer to people in a fit of rage seem more plausible to me. Sleepy Ben and Friend Ben can get hosed, that was some straight up Angry Ben poo poo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXMPCAazFa4
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/786917317967872001
https://twitter.com/Morning_Joe/status/786918630885732352

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Donald Trump and the sexmonsters.

ltkerensky
Oct 27, 2010

Biggest lurker to ever lurk.

Withnail posted:

How many women did Trump fondle while I was sleeping?

It depends.

Are you a woman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Koalas March posted:

I kinda want to make a Slayer of Sexmonsters gangtag for everyone who donates.

that sounds pretty :krad: tbh

and it would be a nice bonus!

PC police reporting :cop:

you're

Lastgirl fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Oct 14, 2016

• Locked thread