Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there is also the horror of how they are going to feed farlyn from the same carcass that her flesh and maybe some of her consciousness came from. the carcass which fully digested the flesh she used to have, no less!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Once again, forbidden magic solves all problems.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Avulsion posted:

She recognized her brother and Chilchak without prompting, so hopefully there's enough of Farlyn left in there that she won't start trying to eat people.

Well that's just good news! Now she's respecced as a Half-Dragonborn cleric instead of a pure Human cleric! She'll be able to use a breath weapon as a once per encounter power! :v:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

DrSunshine posted:

Well that's just good news! Now she's respecced as a Half-Dragonborn cleric instead of a pure Human cleric! She'll be able to use a breath weapon as a once per encounter power! :v:
https://youtu.be/JGRUxTyiptc?t=85

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

DrSunshine posted:

Sounds exhausting

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

Let's be reasonable, there was one farlyn skeleton and two warg skeletons, so she's only one third dragonborn, tops

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
New Goodnight, Demon Castle chapter.

Who is the real monster here? Is it the actual, literal monsters, or is it the princess? It's the princess. Most definitely.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Well that's terrifying.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I'm just going to say that there is a new chapter of Sweet Dreams in Demon Castle and I'll just leave this excerpt here.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
It's a new Dungeon Meshi and it's pretty good.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Dungeon-Meshi/Ch-4028--Red-Dragon-VI?id=325062

Apparently the sister is just as crazy as the brother.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Have they said whether it's going to end soon or not? With what happens in the chapter and particularly on the last page I could see it going on for multiple volumes. Lots of loose ends that could lead to good storylines.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
There was some speculation that the manga would be ending soon after Farlyns rescue, but I think this chapter proves that its not the case, considering that instead of wrapping things up, there were two new plot-lines set up by the end of this chapter: Whats the deal with Farlyn and fallout for using the forbidden ritual

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh poo poo, a wild main plot appears! the dark elf dude is obsessed with the lost kingdom, and he trapped the souls of everyone who dies in what is now a dungeon. but now he knows that someone in the dungeon has a forbidden resurrection spell that doesn't require an intact body.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Plus they still have to get back up the dungeon and apparently can't use the orc shortcut they used to get down so they'll have to visit floors they skipped before.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I'm sorry, this is all very interesting, but there's something more important at stake here: run away, Kensuke, run! :gonk:

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

That's right, the manga can't be over. We need a redemption arc for the sword.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Dungeon Meshi continues to somehow be the most D&D comic in an industry saturated with fantasy adventurers. Farlyn has taken a level of Sorcerer, and just did her first bit of metamagic.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Dungeon Meshi is SO GOOD and clearly it can't end, they need to eat everyonething in the dungeon

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Dungeon Meshi is the perfect comic and I'm incredibly excited for this new arc.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
They're gonna get kuru.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
God, Dungeon Meshi is so good.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Dungeon Meshi continues to be astoundingly bad and terrible by reminding me it will end someday despite how perfect it is:mad:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

AnonSpore posted:

Dungeon Meshi continues to be astoundingly bad and terrible by reminding me it will end someday despite how perfect it is:mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRedET2Mhrc

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
A Dungeon Mushi one-shot is out. Its appears to be a preview for the series, with a cat girl included for free.

Always a fan of more mimics.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Huzzah! posted:

A Dungeon Mushi one-shot is out. Its appears to be a preview for the series, with a cat girl included for free.

Always a fan of more mimics.

I think it's just a random part of their way down where they happened to have help since they imply they haven't killed the dragon yet.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Leper Residue posted:

I think it's just a random part of their way down where they happened to have help since they imply they haven't killed the dragon yet.
no, its the original one shot, the prototype

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

most comics start as a one shot that is tailored by editorial staff and relaunched as a full series

sometimes that one shot gets run in the magazine as a feature and fan interest gauges if it gets greenlit, but more often it was already greenlit and its included as a teaser for an upcoming series or as a bonus for the first tanko volume.

JD
Jan 11, 2003
The catgirl seems like an early version of the dwarf girl from the other party

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Dzhay posted:

Dungeon Meshi continues to somehow be the most D&D comic in an industry saturated with fantasy adventurers. Farlyn has taken a level of Sorcerer, and just did her first bit of metamagic.

She went to magic college, that wasn't her first spell

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Elfgames posted:

She went to magic college, that wasn't her first spell

No, but it seems like it was her first quickened/silent one.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Draconic bloodline is one of the origin sources of Sorcerous powers, at least in 5th edition it is. It's just fortunate that she isn't Wild Magic!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

It's been like that since at least 3rd edition, although it was just flavor text with no gameplay relevance.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

I guess it doesn't surprise me that this thread has a lot of people with D&D experience, though I would've expected a poster named Elfgames to know what metamagic meant :colbert:

Clarste posted:

It's been like that since at least 3rd edition, although it was just flavor text with no gameplay relevance.

I think there were some spells/feats/prestige classes in some splat books where it mattered, but yeah not in the core game. It was a fairly big deal in 4e though.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

JD posted:

The catgirl seems like an early version of the dwarf girl from the other party

Dwarf girl was part of the original party. To me she seems like a mix of both the members that left right at the start, dwarf girl and the samurai, but mixed together and with cat ears.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Catgirl seems like a mix of Chilchak and Elf, which is probably why she was taken out for being redundant.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she was the straight man, a role which was taken by marceline. the one shot was kind of vague about how this new person hooked up with a bunch of monster eaters, so yeah she was redundant.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

dungeon meshi just got picked up for localization by yen press hell yea https://twitter.com/yenpress/status/792120003097157636

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Man, I really do not like the english title it doesn't seem to flow as well. Drop the in, make it Delicious Dungeon and I think it sounds way better.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

the title was in english like that even on the japanese covers wasn't it? not a fan of the name but i see why they're going with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Having an "English" title has never stopped a publisher from giving a manga a new title before. It could be a placeholder title maybe?

If they want to keep it "D&D", why not Dungeons & Delicacies (or Dungeon Delicacies I guess)?