Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Good on him. gently caress him, but still, good on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Good move

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Admiral Ray posted:

Giving Trump every state that 538 has Clinton with < 75% odds right now I get this map:

So if McMullin takes Utah and Idaho, that's even better.

Edit: I would laugh at Johnson, too, that McMullin pulled more EV's with how late he entered.

What site is that? It doesn't look like 270towin.

hakkart
Jul 22, 2011

by exmarx

A Winner is Jew posted:

As a huge space nerd I would want a reinvigorated space program with the goal of mars & asteroid mining.

I second this, with the addition of building those asteroids into a starship-building scaffold a-la Homeworld.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSiVjlknuSw

IMO McMullin could make for a formidable Senate candidate in 2018 since Orrin Hatch will probably retire.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Oct 16, 2016

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Phone posted:

What's this garbage that I hear about Trump wanting Clinton to take a drug test before the 3rd debate because she was too high energy?

You know that thing where whatever Trump accuses Clinton of, he is in fact guilty of himself?

Yea.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

What he did was poo poo, but that's a good way to be sincere in apologizing.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Pick posted:

I have to wonder if the choice for Tim Kaine as VP is to set up the most electable possible Democratic presidential candidate after Hillary. It's going to be hard to get three adminstrations in a row, and they probably think that a boring white guy is a relatively safe choice.

Unless Tim Kaine becomes a beloved Biden-like figure I doubt he'd win the 2024 nomination over someone like Cory Booker or Tammy Duckworth, or some new charismatic young senator/governor we don't know about yet who gets elected in 2016, 18, or 20. Kaine is fine for a whitebread Democrat who's fluent in Spanish and is competent enough, but he's not that charismatic and not that great a speaker or debater. Biden had the lovable goof thing going for him but is also a really charismatic guy which Kaine isn't really, stepdad persona notwithstanding.

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america
It's a joke meant to shame Billy Bush into donating that money.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What site is that? It doesn't look like 270towin.

RealClearPolitics.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Built 4 Cuban Linux posted:

drat it.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Night10194 posted:

What he did was poo poo, but that's a good way to be sincere in apologizing.

:agreed:

With that I could see him getting a second chance at hosting a show again in a year or two without it making many waves.

e: n/m Billy Bush status is still: massive poo poo head.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Ugh. Damnit.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Oh...

Well it would have been a good move.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
CNNs main headline is about the leaked speech transcript. Fuckers. Thankfully it's Saturday Night and no one cares.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Wikkheiser posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSiVjlknuSw

IMO McMullin could make for a formidable Senate candidate in 2018 since Orrin Hatch will probably retire.

I wonder if he loves snake oil supplement companies at much as Hatch does

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/juliacarriew/status/787468291295936512

Probably a big fan of Trump's approach to the media.

I thought Oculus guy also supported Trump from the tech community

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

SeANMcBAY posted:

Do younger people even watch South Park anymore? I feel like only people that grew up with it still talk about it.

Now that the Daily Show is struggling, it's the main breadwinner for Comedy Central.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

CNNs main headline is about the leaked speech transcript. Fuckers. Thankfully it's Saturday Night and no one cares.

To be fair the headline has been "BREAKING: TRUMP STILL JACKASS" for a while now

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

This is a bunch of people trying to shame Bush into donating the money :allears:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Pastrymancy posted:

He did, but more to the tune of about $10k to a PAC for memes for internet trolls.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Pastrymancy posted:

Publicly he claims to be Pro-Johnson and that he thought NimblePAC was just anti-Hillary, not pro-Trump. I think he's been spotted at Trump rallies though.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure

I strongly doubt McMullin takes Idaho--it's polling much more strongly Trump than Utah, and it's only 25% Mormon to Utah's 60%.
The town this photo was taken in, Rexburg, is home to BYU's Idaho branch, so it's more than likely that the whole crowd is millenial Mormon college students.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Augus posted:

Okay I know that Trump has like an actual complex where he parrots back every criticism and accusation people throw at him, but apparently now he's accusing Hillary of being on drugs because of the whole "Trump is sniffing like a coke addict" thing? What the hell? :laffo:
I know that it's literally impossible, but this poo poo has happened so many times with Trump that there's a part of me that wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if we find out before election day that he was somehow to blame for Benghazi.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Father O'Blivion posted:

My theory is that Donald Trump has an IQ of approximately 80. "I know you are, but what am I?" style of dialog. It allows him to connect with a large majority of the US population without 'talking down' to them.

Thing is, as terrifying as the substance of what some of his supporters say is, they are still more coherent than the candidate himself is...

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Imagine what kind of poo poo could be found in Steve Bannon's emails. In a just world, we would get to see that.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

comingafteryouall posted:

Imagine what kind of poo poo could be found in Steve Bannon's emails. In a just world, we would get to see that.

He's a crazy old coot so it's probably just all-caps demands for google to show him titys

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

smug n stuff posted:

I strongly doubt McMullin takes Idaho--it's polling much more strongly Trump than Utah, and it's only 25% Mormon to Utah's 60%.
The town this photo was taken in, Rexburg, is home to BYU's Idaho branch, so it's more than likely that the whole crowd is millenial Mormon college students.

That's a lot of babies for college students-

Oh, wait, Mormons.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Clinton should have released these months ago. The coverage would have been exactly this mild.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

LinYutang posted:

Clinton should have released these months ago. The coverage would have been exactly this mild.

This is still the funniest poo poo, though. That after all this, this is right below that topline.

In the end the speech transcripts are basically clickbait.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Apraxin posted:

I know that it's literally impossible, but this poo poo has happened so many times with Trump that there's a part of me that wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if we find out before election day that he was somehow to blame for Benghazi. born on Kenya.

That's the logical conclusion to what you were implying considering Trumps political career started over attacking Obama over that.

Father O'Blivion
Jul 2, 2004
Get up on your feet and do the Funky Alfonzo

OddObserver posted:

Thing is, as terrifying as the substance of what some of his supporters say is, they are still more coherent than the candidate himself is...

He has the illusion of establishment support (the GOP) and there are still people cheering for their 'team'. This entire shitstorm is MUCH bigger than Trump himself which is why there is any cohesion at all.

To re-appropriate a tactic: the worst thing Trump has done is 'poison the minds' of people who identify as Republican.

Edit: And furthermore, has brought about the dissolution of American society by disrupting the 2 party system.

Edit2: And before someone tries to put Bernie in the same boat, let me use the analogy: There is a difference between graffiti and vandalism.

Father O'Blivion fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Oct 16, 2016

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

LinYutang posted:

And then it would've been about some other god-drat for-Christing thing, which they would have also demanded she release some thing or other about, and after THAT was nothing, it would have been something else, because the point of this exercise is to create a constant cloud of scandal and accusation.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

LinYutang posted:

Months ago the press was still out for blood on Clinton instead of switching their target. I'm sure the AP would have made a totally real hitpieace about them.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
All I know about Peter Thiel is his Gawker reveangance - what else has he done that I should hate him about?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Goatman Sacks posted:

All I know about Peter Thiel is his Gawker reveangance - what else has he done that I should hate him about?

One of his plans is literally to steal young peoples' blood because he thinks replacing his with it will help keep him young while he tries to hold out until he can be made an immortal transhuman cyborg.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Goatman Sacks posted:

He literally tries to extend his life by injecting blood from younger humans into himself and he tried to fund a floating boat-city libertopia.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

He literally tries to extend his life by injecting blood from younger humans into himself and he tried to fund a floating boat-city libertopia.

what the gently caress :stare:

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Little do ya'll know the legends about Vlad Dracula were accurate and he's Peter Thiel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Night10194 posted:

One of his plans is literally to steal young peoples' blood because he thinks replacing his with it will help keep him young while he tries to hold out until he can be made an immortal transhuman cyborg.

Did this man emerge from a loving comic book?

• Locked thread