Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Oh cool another automatic shotgun with poo poo damage I look forward to not using it above Overkill (aka never).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF
It isn't automatic.

Sternieliscious
Sep 21, 2014

Dynas: Tea warrior
On the topic of shotties, what were the DW/OD shotguns of choice? I understand that bows are the hot new thing but I really liked my Inspire/Shotgun build.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Sternieliscious posted:

On the topic of shotties, what were the DW/OD shotguns of choice? I understand that bows are the hot new thing but I really liked my Inspire/Shotgun build.

Loco and similar shotguns still work.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

THE CHORSE posted:

It isn't automatic.

So it's another Streetsweeper then?

Also if you want to run shotguns on OD and DW now you will want both Overkill and aced Berserker to kill at the same rate you did on DW before with neither skill. I found it works best if you combine the Breaker and Loco; using the Breaker to start your Overkill chain. It is possible to use a Reinfeld or Raven but you want to ace Close By for that firerate buff because the slower ROF can get you killed. Silencer skills are not a must but they'll help especially on OD.

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF
Joceline and Mosconi still own. I can't really get past the Breaker's ammo total and pickup rate. If you're worried about having to reload every two rounds, Bloodthirst helps. Either way, Merc is right - you're going to want Overkill and Berserker, and probably some other shotgun skills too. Combine it with Frenzy and Anarchist and baby, you got a build goin'!

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Hm. Despite the seeming hint in the patch notes, there's no pinata in the safehouse.

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!

LuciferMorningstar posted:

It does. Especially when the other shotguns are so much better in just about every way.

And quite frankly, any weapon that does less than 80 damage is unusable above Overkill.

Well, the Goliath can do over 80 damage if you use 000 Buck ammo and Ace Specialized Killing as well as Shotgun Impact, much like the Steakout:

It's not quite as damaging as the Locomotive, but it has double the magazine size, double the rate of fire, and slightly better ammo pickup (the huge damage falloff discrepancy is because this particular Locomotive has Flechette rounds):

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

John Murdoch posted:

Hm. Despite the seeming hint in the patch notes, there's no pinata in the safehouse.
There was one when I did a safehouse raid; it was above the money you had to defend. Don't have a screenshot though, sorry.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Huh. I just did one and didn't notice it. Oh well.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Oh the Goliath has 10m damage falloff, welp.

Iamgoofball
Jul 1, 2015

Wilko, are you going to continue to update Goonmod? Or is it going to be dead since everything but weapon customization and a few other little things are in the base game now.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Gagecoin remain the only way to buy mask materials despite the addition of Continental Coins FYI

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Oct 15, 2016

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Goliath trip report: As predicted, generally underpowered. Functional on Overkill, not worthwhile past that. With skills, you've got 21 rounds in a revolver-load magazine, so it's great for uptime. It's got a nice, meaty sound, too. Still sorely disappointing that they invalidated most weapons under 80 damage then gave us a new sub-80 damage gun.

Iamgoofball posted:

Wilko, are you going to continue to update Goonmod? Or is it going to be dead since everything but weapon customization and a few other little things are in the base game now.

In the stream yesterday, Wilko noted that he would be continuing development, but it was going to be 'very slow' and mostly crash bugfixes. (So probably it's basically dead as he incorporates all of the features slowly into the base game.)

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Tempest_56 posted:

In the stream yesterday, Wilko noted that he would be continuing development, but it was going to be 'very slow' and mostly crash bugfixes. (So probably it's basically dead as he incorporates all of the features slowly into the base game.)

Also he never updates during events, so there will probably be a crashfix update in a week or two.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Soon you may not even really need Goonmod depending on how much he puts into the base game at this rate. Toggleable laser colors and maybe different outfits or a corpse delimiter and that's it.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Crabtree posted:

corpse delimiter

Did you miss this with yesterday's update?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On the topic of shotguns, how does this build look to y'all? It suits me well, but I can probably rearrange things. For some reason it displays my dodge as 20 though, when it should be 40. Probably because of the Conceal boost on my Loco. It shows as 27, when my concealment is 31.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

John Dyne posted:

Did you miss this with yesterday's update?

I haven't toggled with every little option yet! JEEZE.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Manuel Calavera posted:

On the topic of shotguns, how does this build look to y'all? It suits me well, but I can probably rearrange things. For some reason it displays my dodge as 20 though, when it should be 40. Probably because of the Conceal boost on my Loco. It shows as 27, when my concealment is 31.

At a glance:
- Is there a reason you're not taking Shotgun Impact? You're also skipping Specialized Killing Ace - you're giving up 30% bonus damage there.
- You're also running a high conceal build with silencers and not taking the easy Optical Illusions Ace for +6 concealment.
- With a concealment of 31, Low Blow Basic is almost entirely worthless. Sneaky Bastard, even Aced, isn't great either - between the two you're spending 20-ish skill points for 3% crit and 4% dodge.
- Possibly unpopular opinion: Swan Song doesn't work really well with most shotguns because of how slow they fire.
- Your weapons seem backwards. You might get better results out of going with 000 (Short Barrel/Silent Killer) on the M104 and using HE/DB in the Loco (or a Judge) instead. (That change alone will get you to somewhere around 15 detection, so 10% dodge and 21% crit., a pretty massive improvement.)

vvv The Judge (and the Mosconi/Joceline) is the exception - most shotguns are lousy in Swan Song, though. The Loco, good as it is, just doesn't fire fast enough to be anywhere near worthwhile.

Tempest_56 fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Oct 16, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I ran a 000 1014 and HE judge to great effect before the health multipliers made shotguns utter trash above Overkill :shrug:

so I imagine they're still good at that level.

Tempest_56 posted:

- Possibly unpopular opinion: Swan Song doesn't work really well with most shotguns because of how slow they fire.

HE Judge does quite well, so if they take that, Swan Song works wonderfully

also in a pinch Swan Song does good enough work with an M1014, at least

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

- I took Far Away over Impact because I'm dumb, and accuracy. I could pop snipers on the GO Bank towers from the back lot. Noted, switched to Impact

- Aced Optical & Specialized, dropped Low Blow & Aced SB with weapon changes.

- Swan Song is there partly to get to Messiah, same thing with Basic Feign. Which serves me well when it's needed. Plus as Psion mentioned and I forgot about, SS works quite well with the Judge. Aced Messiah would be nice, but the points are tight as is.

- I'm left with 2 skill points. Could go to either Painkillers since it's an Inspire build, or Up You Go for getting the gently caress out. Going with Painkillers for now. I could drop Bullesye to get Low Blow back. But armor is probably the safer choice.

- Made the weapon swaps suggested. Down to 3 Conceal too. I just liked the look of Shh! better and MORE NUMBERS. But yeah, it still looks good for the main shotgun. I'm just fond of the Loco is all, especially with the Fleur skin. But I can go get a better Judge skin. (I have a boost Pixel, stuck on a conceal mod + Diamond Splinter. I had spare steambux so bought the Braindead skin too because it's purple and I'm a goddamn Mega Kawaii spider coke addict.)

Any particular reason for 000 over basic shot? I thought regular shot had more pellets. Also I never touched DB much after they came out since they were bad at the time. Are they any better at loving up shields, especially with the Medic meta now?

e - Melee, electric brass knuckles are the hotness I assume, or the good ol Kunai, right?

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Oct 16, 2016

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
^
The katana has the highest DPS, however the two tazers and kunai are still valid choices for their utility.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Manuel Calavera posted:

e - Melee, electric brass knuckles are the hotness I assume, or the good ol Kunai, right?

If you're going for that high conceal, the Ice PIck does the most damage while staying at 30 concealment. Other good options at 30 concealment (Buzzer/Electric Knuckles/Kunai aside): the Trench Knife for quick stabbing, the Telescopic Baton for knockdown or the Money Bundle for pure style.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

So how does this work?

I was going to try to replicate a pistol dodge build I found in a youtube video, but how is this possible? He skipped tier 3 of Artful Dodger completely, but was still somehow able to take Sneaky Bastard basic. I tried to do this as well, but it's not possible, I have to put at least 2 extra skill points in to unlock tier 4.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Bilal posted:

So how does this work?

I was going to try to replicate a pistol dodge build I found in a youtube video, but how is this possible? He skipped tier 3 of Artful Dodger completely, but was still somehow able to take Sneaky Bastard basic. I tried to do this as well, but it's not possible, I have to put at least 2 extra skill points in to unlock tier 4.

Infamy bonuses. Without an infamy bonus in a particular tree, you need 18 points to get to tier 4. With an infamy bonus, it's only 16 points, so you can ace tier 1 and tier 2 entirely and get exactly 16 points.

Kirenski
Sep 5, 2012

Crabtree posted:

Soon you may not even really need Goonmod depending on how much he puts into the base game at this rate. Toggleable laser colors and maybe different outfits or a corpse delimiter and that's it.

So really want the ability to change laser colours in the base game for players, world and enemies etc. Best thing ever!

Slide McGriffin
Nov 16, 2009

OOOOoooOOooo

Drewjitsu posted:

Dodge and ICTV do not go together.

Dodge build (maybe good for 1D?):
http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/egHiLr:tMNoR:ggJKLnOPr:fLMOPr:ibcdea:pE8:::

What's a good weapon to use with this build? A low conceal smg?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Manuel Calavera posted:

The katana has the highest DPS by a wide margin, followed closely by the motherforker and then everything tanks after that.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Melee on my build is more for knockdown/panic, rather than DPS. Unless I should be swording/baton'ing more.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
1D Big Oil probably needs a full group to do just to bullshit ECM second day for a quick escape. Or bring about the second escape ASAP.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Crabtree posted:

1D Big Oil probably needs a full group to do just to bullshit ECM second day for a quick escape. Or bring about the second escape ASAP.

Big Oil isn't even that bad. You just have to hope Winters doesn't do his "3 announcements, shows up 15 minutes later" bullshit. It helps knowing how to identify quickly which one is the server room and getting that open immediately.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

It does. Especially when the other shotguns are so much better in just about every way.

And quite frankly, any weapon that does less than 80 damage is unusable above Overkill.

Pistols under 80 damage can totally get away with this because of Trigger Happy being so drat good. You will need to ace it though. The lower end damage shotguns suffer horribly though because they suck down ammo like crazy even though they can eventually kill in a decent amount of time if you get an Overkill chain going. Rifles under 80 damage are basically a no go (remember when a 42 damage CAR-4 was all you needed?) and LMGs feel like I'm firing spitballs at cops since they appear to be balanced entirely around using them with just bipods.

We're supposed to get a headshot multiplier buff in today's patch but it'll still suck for guns that cannot reliably headshot.

e: somebody on Reddit made tables of the current madness that is "shots to kill"

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Oct 16, 2016

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

ClonedPickle posted:

Infamy bonuses. Without an infamy bonus in a particular tree, you need 18 points to get to tier 4. With an infamy bonus, it's only 16 points, so you can ace tier 1 and tier 2 entirely and get exactly 16 points.

Is this a new feature? I haven't infamied since before the new skill trees.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Bilal posted:

Is this a new feature? I haven't infamied since before the new skill trees.
It was always -10% to the point requirements if you had the infamy for it.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Manuel Calavera posted:

Melee on my build is more for knockdown/panic, rather than DPS. Unless I should be swording/baton'ing more.

If you're using berzerker, melee's quite effective even after the health buffs. If you're not berzerk, melee's pretty garbage at present and I'd get a shock-based melee weapon for stunning cloakers. One notable use for not-berzerk melee is whacking a cop once to get him injured at all so you can shout him down while reloading.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Panic Room is almost here!

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Oct 16, 2016

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

I can't wait. Having played Payday 1 after Payday 2, Panic Room was the heist that made me miss all the improvements from 2 the most. I wonder what they did to keep the challenge.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Panic Room was always one of my PDTH favorites. I sure hope Viklund gave 110% for the remix track though, because that was a big part of it!

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF

UnknownMercenary posted:

We're supposed to get a headshot multiplier buff in today's patch but it'll still suck for guns that cannot reliably headshot.

Today? Goddamn it, so I missed my chance to get through One Down when it was actually difficult. Wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

THE CHORSE posted:

Today? Goddamn it, so I missed my chance to get through One Down when it was actually difficult. Wonderful.

Wow lookit this tough guy over here.