Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Salisbury Snape posted:

Although, (weirdly) if you submit a ticket about wanting a super moved, it gets bumped up the chain to be dealt with by a senior GM. Which makes me suspect that sometimes depending on your alliance ticker (or previous) you may get moved.

I thought supers can't be moved because of inactivity any more. lots of people just logged off for 6 months after the hosed up and got a free pass to go wherever they want, or just instead of doing moveops just went inactive for 6 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

I thought supers can't be moved because of inactivity any more. lots of people just logged off for 6 months after the hosed up and got a free pass to go wherever they want, or just instead of doing moveops just went inactive for 6 months.

All capitals don't get moved anymore, i'm pointing out that it's strange if you submit a ticket asking for a super to be moved, even though it will probably be denied, it gets handled by a senior GM not just a regular.

I know a guy, that knows a guy, who had a sister that once had an Arabian hamster, that submitted 5 tickets, 3 for regular caps, two for supers all within a minute of so of each other.
The caps were denied after about 48h all in one lump, the supers were processed a week or so later (also denied) but by a senior GM.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

I'm suggesting that it's punched to a senior Gm so they make a case by case decision dependant on your alliance ticker.

Grr gons of course

This rule conveniently came into effect very shortly after we lost all our space, and logged our supers off.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
yeah but the change was a long time coming, the shittiest part of hunting a super was landing as he safe logged, knowing he wasn't going to log on for the next 6 months just so he can teleport to safety.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Ynglaur posted:

It simmered well before TEST was involved in the CFC

What? Test was a original dekco then CFC member. Like if we had signatories they'd have been the second set after GSF proper.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

Rhymenoserous posted:

I unironically miss FA, compare them to loving lawn/the bastion/sma and tell me you don't miss zagdul over all of those shitbirds.

We did poo poo on our own. Too bad that some idiots turned leadership to a shitlord called Loquitur who had no sense of strategy. It was a good alliance and most people that are worth something are in GSF now.
It wasn't perfect, but compared to SMA, CO2, or LAWN at that time we had real force to keep our own stuff in line. Not to mention amazing participation in war for Deklein, Branch, Tribute and setting up the coalition
formerly known as CFC. Killing FCON freighters killed for jumping thru our JBs was hilarious too.

Zagdul was terrible in some ways, but he was a master in rallying people to do things. Good thymes.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Salisbury Snape posted:

Although, (weirdly) if you submit a ticket about wanting a super moved, it gets bumped up the chain to be dealt with by a senior GM. Which makes me suspect that sometimes depending on your alliance ticker (or previous) you may get moved.

that's probably just so a newer GM doesn't gently caress it up.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

The real problem with leadership is it also goes hand in hand with egos. Why would you wait for Elo Knight to finally admit he's a terrible leader and hand over the reigns when you can just make your own alliance?

Moo Moo Canoe
Mar 11, 2007

Drunk postin' ftw

Salisbury Snape posted:

I too get hte feeling that it's arbitrary as gently caress, aside from the rules you posted above. I had one of my guys declined because "he'd been logging in for a month" to train, even though at no point during his active sub was the station friendly. Still, at least its a possibility.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

is there currently a really smart way at moving things by loading a citadel full of tons of poo poo and then blowing it up and having that stuff all moved to a lowsec (or highsec) for really cheap compared to fuel costs?

it costs 15% of asset value to get things moved to a different system, it only goes to the nearest lowsec system, and even the astrohut still costs over a bil. maybe as a last-second method to evac assets when you're losing a war but didn't JF your poo poo out when you had the chance?

I think it depends a lot on how that 15% is calculated, if it's base price then that's totally worth it for anything that's not T1 or raw materials. If it's average market value then you're basically taking a firesale loss just to get your stuff back.

Speaking of mechanics for moving your poo poo around, what did they do to jump clones? Why do I have to pay to jump in empire now?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Klyith posted:

Speaking of mechanics for moving your poo poo around, what did they do to jump clones? Why do I have to pay to jump in empire now?

Everyone pays now but on the upside you can move between clones in the same station without a cooldown now.

Some use this to have a "sit in station" clone and an "Undock to pvp" clone. For me it lasted about a day before my +5 clone went on a T1 frigate roam.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Zephyrine posted:

Everyone pays now but on the upside you can move between clones in the same station without a cooldown now.

Some use this to have a "sit in station" clone and an "Undock to pvp" clone. For me it lasted about a day before my +5 clone went on a T1 frigate roam.

you're not playing eve right if you don't have a snake clone, a slave clone, and a crystal clone (for elite solo lowsec pvp)

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Rhymenoserous posted:

What? Test was a original dekco then CFC member. Like if we had signatories they'd have been the second set after GSF proper.

Really? My memory must be poo poo then. I thought FA was in lower Pure Blind along with FCON as a guest of some Northern Coalition alliance. My memory is not great though, and that was Raven Shadows days. (I wonder if he's still in Providence...)

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Zephyrine posted:

but on the upside you can move between clones in the same station without a cooldown now.
well that is a thing they should have done a long time ago

But having to pay a fee every time you jump is dumb and lovely, particularly for new (single-account) players. Being able to JC around easily to do newbie type business like buying skillbooks was a big deal. If they wanted to bring back one part of the old clone grade system and have the JC tax scale by skillpoints, I'd be ok with it.

Ynglaur posted:

Really? My memory must be poo poo then. I thought FA was in lower Pure Blind along with FCON as a guest of some Northern Coalition alliance. My memory is not great though, and that was Raven Shadows days. (I wonder if he's still in Providence...)

Test was living in dek with GSF (in the testagram) before there was a CFC. Hell, dreddit was hanging out with us in cloud ring back before they even had an alliance, and we were going by SOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSO[LODRA].

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Landsknecht posted:

you're not playing eve right if you don't have a snake clone, a slave clone, and a crystal clone (for elite solo lowsec pvp)

The closest I ever got to elite pvp implants was genolutions

https://zkillboard.com/kill/52668197/

They made some pretty neat ship fit combinations possible like quad rep triage Chimera and double T2 plate Damnation.

It was more of an :effort: thing because the set was relatively cheap and it worked with all ships, tank types and doctrines.

Meanwhile the Evebook page was down for a while but the API is now updated.

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Angelique_Duchemin

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Oct 5, 2016

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Ynglaur posted:

And TEST was literally living in our pocket at the time. FA and FCON didn't join DEKCO till either shortly before or slightly after the NC folded up. This means TEST predates both.

EDIT: A lot of our enemies considered Dekco an extension of the NC which is bullshit to the nth degree, we rarely fought in the same wars at the time period when both coalitions technically existed, the only time it happened as I recall is during the mop up period for fountain and when the NC was completely collapsing and we said we'd stop being neutral.

There were on the other hand some "Dual Citizen" alliances such as widot who had membership in both coalitions, which was weird.

The CFC proper came into being when we swept some of the still standing NC alliances under our umbrella and The Mittani said "Well this is a clusterfuck" hence the name.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Oct 5, 2016

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
test joined up with LODRA (transitional goonswarm) right after delve was lost (in 2010), and proceeded to follow LODRA from cloudring to curse and back up north, and when TCF gave GSF dek, test took the northwest corner, aka the testagram (it's a pentagram on dotlan)

there were some p funny shenanigans involving test and the dek "residents" which lead to a few alliances getting evicted

Landsknecht fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Oct 5, 2016

ploots
Mar 19, 2010

Landsknecht posted:

test joined up with LODRA (transitional goonswarm) right after delve was lost (in 2010), and proceeded to follow LODRA from cloudring to curse and back up north, and when TCF gave GSF dek, test go the northwest corner, aka the testagram (it's a pentagram on dotlan)

there were some p funny shenanigans involving test and the dek "residents" which lead to a few alliances getting evicted

e: nevermind I was wrong

ploots fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Oct 5, 2016

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Today I learned that Artemis Tyrannis is a stone-cold bitch who can vaporize a covops in the time it takes to burn 2km back to the hole. :rip:

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Hey guys, I'm putting together a couple extra Stratios fits to try. I want to be able to fit an expanded probe launcher without having to depot. So far I have 3 fits. They are all using EM-703 implants, to put my align time under 4 seconds. Still ganking ratters/miners, but I also want to be able to probe our their safes and then warp to them and kill them.

quote:

[Stratios, Buffer Stratios w/ Probes]

Drone Damage Amplifier II
'Dyad' Co-Processor I
'Dyad' Co-Processor I
Damage Control II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
Warp Disruptor II
Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender
Pithum C-Type EM Ward Amplifier

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Medium Energy Neutralizer II
Medium Energy Neutralizer II
[Empty High slot]
Sisters Expanded Probe Launcher, Sisters Combat Scanner Probe

Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

This is pretty close to what I am currently running, except I lose a neut and a DDA. My main concern with this fit is losing the DDA leaves me fighting ongrid longer. I may swap warp rigs for extenders If I feel the tank is lacking.

quote:

[Stratios, LASB Stratios w/ probes]

'Dyad' Co-Processor I
'Dyad' Co-Processor I
Damage Control II

Caldari Navy Stasis Webifier
Caldari Navy Warp Disruptor
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 200

Medium Gremlin Compact Energy Neutralizer
[Empty High slot]

Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

Kind of excited to try this one. my eHP is 19.7k, down from 26.2k in buffer, but has the LASB. Although, it has less flexibility in rigs, because I need the cpu rig and to cover the em hole.

quote:

[Stratios, Active Armor w/ Probes]

Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Reactive Armor Hardener
Damage Control II

Caldari Navy Warp Disruptor
Caldari Navy Stasis Webifier
[Empty Med slot]
Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 800

[Empty High slot]

Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I

This one is a mess. I don't know if it can work for under 500m. If I dropped to 1 DDA, I guess I could put a co-processor, but that seems like a lot of damage to give up. I also don't have fitting room to fit anything in mid slot, seems like a waste. This one might get scrapped, but I wanted to try. I've also considered a dual prop. Instead of me just slowly orbitting around them like I currently am, running an AB after I tackle an Ishtar or whatever, could reduce the damage I take while fighting.

I want to give the LASB one a real shot, but I think the shield buffer is going to win out.

I've really just been theorycrafting while ratting and stuff. Need some sounding boards.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
so the boson DD is hilarious

also, someone tell me about using a vargur to kill nerds

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
I was looking at the t2 haulers (Transport Ships) and it seems that Amarr is strictly better than Gallente? Am i putting too much valuer on the additional low slot (amarr) or too little value on the extra mid (gallente)?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

FranktheBank posted:

I was looking at the t2 haulers (Transport Ships) and it seems that Amarr is strictly better than Gallente? Am i putting too much valuer on the additional low slot (amarr) or too little value on the extra mid (gallente)?

Ideally you want to fit an MWD, an MJD and a small capacitor booster in your midslots. The MWD is for your cloak MWD trick, the MJD is to stop you from being bumped, and the capacitor is to stop russian battleship->neut thrasher warpin ganks.

(Yeah the fit is expensive, but it's worth never losing one of these ever, and being able to carry as much value as you could ever want.)

This gives you a ton more EHP than you would ever realistically need. Not that I would ever recommend it, but you could probably carry around 100 bil and go anywhere in highsec without any real fear of gankers as long as you're smart.

If you must use an impel, don't worry about the capacitor booster and fit something similar but with more tank in the lows. Battleship/thrasher russian ganks are pretty rare and mostly happen in one or two systems (Isanamo, Josameto and their surrounding areas).

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound
I won't deadspace fit an occator because it is theoretically un-catchable, and then losing it for unexpected high pings / dc. just sayin

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
I wont be going to hisec because its the most deadly place. I stick to moving through null and some low.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

FranktheBank posted:

I wont be going to hisec because its the most deadly place. I stick to moving through null and some low.

then don't use a DST and use a BR. highsec is A LOT safer than low/null.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Zakrello posted:

I won't deadspace fit an occator because it is theoretically un-catchable, and then losing it for unexpected high pings / dc. just sayin

this is actually a pretty good point, you're hardly ever at risk in a DST as long as you mwd/cloak every gate, have at least a 50kEHP tank against the lowest resist, and have an mjd for bumpers.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I just watched Blues Brothers for the first time.

It was p. good.

Then I wikipediaed John Belushi, and found out how many of that era died speedballing.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

FranktheBank posted:

It is borderline impossible to suicide gank a warp cloaked hauler. The tank combined with hostiles needing to 1) have enough people that know how to decloak 2) no bubbles 3) have enough to kill means that no entity is going to put forth enough effort to do that when they could gank freighters instead.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ATXIV Grand Finals - Pandemic Legion vs The Tuskers Co. (Best of 5) starting at 1700 UTC (30mins from this post)

https://www.twitch.tv/ccp

Appropriate song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeWBS0JBNzQ

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

ATXIV Grand Finals - Pandemic Legion vs The Tuskers Co. (Best of 5) starting at 1700 UTC (30mins from this post)

https://www.twitch.tv/ccp

Appropriate song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeWBS0JBNzQ

Even in in-game chat people were talking about PL losing. Nice to see someone else win!

Anyway, I wanted to talk about Assault Frigates for a bit, so:

Crosspost for maximum coverage:

Are people still complaining about OP T3Ds and how awful Assault Frigates are? Because I had an idea!

Link to the EVE-forums if you can stand the awfulness.

You of course couldn't posted:

Some time ago Interceptors got this nice additional role bonus making them immune to undirected interdiction like bubbles. This turned out to be powerful enough to make them taxis and low-scale raiding forces everywhere in EVE.

Now I don't actually mind them having this powerful effect, but it makes Assault Frigates look like lame ducks in comparison: All they get is being harder to kill than your average frigate plus a bonus to the sig-bloom caused by equipped MWDs. Not very much, which is why many people prefer T3Ds nowadays.

This made me think about how to give Assault Frigates something different without just making them stronger than T3Ds, which would just be the same bad thing we have now, with the roles reversed.

Of course then it dawned on me: Assault Frigates already have a role bonus related to what they're supposed to be doing (assault something)!

The bonus to MWD-sig makes it easier for AFs to hit hard and fast, without immediately getting blown up. The problem is just, for the comparatively small frigates the bonus isn't large enough to compensate for T3Ds existing. It's also a lot less powerful than interceptors being able to evade bubbles with ease.

So my suggestion is two-fold:

1. First, change the bonus to MWD-bloom to 70% (Before you complain, the new AFs will still have 50% larger sigs afterwards, which is significant for a tiny frigate.)

2. Add a special, MWD-related bonus to Assault Frigates: MWD-Immunity against scrambling-effects.

To clarify MWD-Immunity, I'm not suggesting making AFs immune to warp scramblers! Only the MWD, which is normally shut down by warp scrambling, too. If you think about it, there are still a lot of counters: The AF can be neuted out, webs can slow it down and many AFs don't have the cap to let the MWD keep running anyway. Also the MWD still makes an AF's sig 50% larger, even with the stronger role bonus. The AF is still easier to hit and will get more damage applied to, especially from missiles.

This isn't actually overpowered, if you think about how T3Ds still beat Assault Frigates in everything else, like DPS and EHP. This change makes AFs just competitive again without making them just a soulless "shoot better" option.

This change should bring Assault Frigates back without overpowering other ships in turn. Your thoughts?

So, would this change bring Assault Frigates back from oblivion? Too much? Not enough?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Libluini posted:

So, would this change bring Assault Frigates back from oblivion? Too much? Not enough?

MWD bonus doesn't do enough without increasing agility or tracking. IMO the main issue with AFs is that their role is really convoluted; I guess they're supposed to be much beefier than normal frigates, but t3ds (and sabres still lmao) take over this role very well, and will shred these ships 1v1 or even 1v2. Assfrigs do very little dps, and while their tank is ok, it's not spectacular; compare this with svipuls, hecates, and confessors; all of which poo poo out dps and can have massive tanks relative to the hull size. While the pirate frigates are all in good places, with the garmur, worm, and succubus being very good, as well as the daredevil and dramiel being pretty good (just not relative to cost), all of the assfrigs do nothing really well besides being slightly tankier tackle, which isn't a role they're really suited to.

Maybe if these things cost 100mil and had a 25k ehp buffertank and did 300dps they'd be really good, but then you'd just be replacing t3d cancer with assfrig cancer. HACs also need a rebalance; people have largely phased most things beyond eagles/cerbs out of fleets, and while the deimos/vaga are cool for elite lowsec stuff, they aren't used much.

You also have an issue of escalation - confessor and svipul comps compete well with the moa, maller, and vexor gangs which are popular in lowsec; if you want to escalate on them you're bringing something more expensive (faction cruisers or bcs, or bs), and there's a decent chance if you have a pricier fleet out for over 30min you'll see a lowsec power-that-be (shadow cartel, snuff, PM, waffles, galmil) whip out some t3 ahacs, faction bs, or combat carriers and attempt to dumpster you.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

I still think the best way to make Assault Frigates (and HACs) more versatile is Togo e them EWAR resistance. I particularly like the idea that EWAR resistance increases the effective range of the effect. So a sensor dampener hitting an AF 30km away uses 60km for its range for effect purposes.

This would make them an interesting soft counter to EWAR without making them simply bigger/better/faster/stronger.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

What should I train my High Sec incursion character into? He can fly Nightmares, and 19 days from a Vindi. Quite tempted just to let him train out Logi for Incursions, as if I get bored there's always a demand for logi.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Ynglaur posted:

I still think the best way to make Assault Frigates (and HACs) more versatile is Togo e them EWAR resistance. I particularly like the idea that EWAR resistance increases the effective range of the effect. So a sensor dampener hitting an AF 30km away uses 60km for its range for effect purposes.

This would make them an interesting soft counter to EWAR without making them simply bigger/better/faster/stronger.

ewar isn't really used that much, and tbh a targeting range damp doesn't really affect a ship when it's sitting 1k away

there are lots of ships which are "balanced", but there's a big difference between what works in theory and what a pile of lowskill players who understand "orbit at 500 and hit f1" will make work

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Landsknecht posted:

ewar isn't really used that much, and tbh a targeting range damp doesn't really affect a ship when it's sitting 1k away

there are lots of ships which are "balanced", but there's a big difference between what works in theory and what a pile of lowskill players who understand "orbit at 500 and hit f1" will make work

FYF is define let A Thing. I realize that my proposal doesn't make EWAR useless at short ranges: that's kind of the point. Things (T3Ds) which make other things (AFs) useless make less fun gameplay. Things that influence or reduce influence beyond + or - hit points are more interesting, imo.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
give all AF's a 10%/level AB speed bonus and 5% rof bonus per level of assfrig, and then a 4% shield or armor resist and 5% weapon damage bonus per level of frigate

slightly boost PG and CPU to make fitting better, increase build cost to compensate

these things should be able to go toe-to-toe with t2ds, and be seriously ok against t3ds

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Landsknecht posted:

give all AF's a 10%/level AB speed bonus and 5% rof bonus per level of assfrig, and then a 4% shield or armor resist and 5% weapon damage bonus per level of frigate

slightly boost PG and CPU to make fitting better, increase build cost to compensate

these things should be able to go toe-to-toe with t2ds, and be seriously ok against t3ds

Interestingly, in my thread one the EVE-forums people have been suggesting a bonus to afterburners, but also made the suggestion AFs should be a primary "anti-cruiser" platform and be vulnerable against destroyers. The argument was something like "destroyers are made for anti-frigate work"

Anyway, your suggestion isn't bad, but everything except the AB speed bonus is something the AFs already have. Or at least some, honestly I just looked up the Vengeance. Maybe if some of the AFs don't already have this bonus set, they should get it? Better fitting options are another good idea, though. I think a slight increase in build cost only makes sense if the old MWD-bonus stays and maybe gets upgraded like in this second proposal I've grown out of suggestions from the other EVE-thread:

Assault Frigate Role Bonuses:

60% reduction in sig bloom of MWDs <-Up from 50%
20% reduction in cap usage of MWDs <-new
50% speed bonus to afterburners <-new (could be a 10% per level in Assault Frigs instead)
10% reduction in cap usage of afterburners <-new (could be a 2% increase per level instead)

Additional bonuses for completion's sake:

Amarr:
Vengeance gets:

5% ROF for rockets/light missiles per level in AF
5% Cap recharge rate per level in AF (since it makes more sense here with the other cap-related bonuses already integrated into the hull)

5% Rocket/light missile damage per frigate level
4% Armor resists per frigate level

Retribution gets:

5% ROF for light energy weapons per level in AF
10% Cap recharge rate per level in AF (since the old energy reduction is gone)

4% Armor resists per frigate level
10% Damage for light energy weapons per frigate level (since the old optimal range bonus is gone, I decided to raise this one to compensate)
6% Tracking per frigate level (move here from above, since every AF has this at maximum already, slightly lowered from 7,5)

I'm not insane enough to rework every single AF, especially since CCP will never see this, but is that similar to what you had in mind?

Libluini fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Oct 18, 2016

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Libluini posted:

Even in in-game chat people were talking about PL losing. Nice to see someone else win!

Anyway, I wanted to talk about Assault Frigates for a bit, so:

Crosspost for maximum coverage:

Are people still complaining about OP T3Ds and how awful Assault Frigates are? Because I had an idea!

Link to the EVE-forums if you can stand the awfulness.

From a microgang/solo perspective, this would effectively remove any frigate without 4 midslots from the game. Anything that can't fit at least two webs, an afterburner, and tackle is going to be incapable of fighting an assault frigate; there's a reason the 10mn Confessor is so popular, and it's not because of the speed:sig ratio.

e: to clarify, the meta is already heavily skewed towards webs thanks to the oversized afterburner resurgence, and this won't do anything to help AFs except make every other ship worse. Buffing them like this won't solve the problem with T3Ds being so powerful, it'll just bring more restrictions to fitting as everything shifts to two different loadouts for ships: anything that can kill an AF vs AFs.

Magic Rabbit Hat fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Oct 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

From a microgang/solo perspective, this would effectively remove any frigate without 4 midslots from the game. Anything that can't fit at least two webs, an afterburner, and tackle is going to be incapable of fighting an assault frigate; there's a reason the 10mn Confessor is so popular, and it's not because of the speed:sig ratio.

e: to clarify, the meta is already heavily skewed towards webs thanks to the oversized afterburner resurgence, and this won't do anything to help AFs except make every other ship worse. Buffing them like this won't solve the problem with T3Ds being so powerful, it'll just bring more restrictions to fitting as everything shifts to two different loadouts for ships: anything that can kill an AF vs AFs.

One of my alternative ideas, spun out from the running discussion, was to just buff the AF role bonuses to speed mods instead of adding an "immunity" to getting scrambled. Would that help not making it overpowered?

It's also interesting to see people arguing simultaneously the change would make the AFs too weak and too strong. That's honestly not what I expected to happen.

• Locked thread