Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The media is "biased" against Trump in the same way that it's "biased" against school shooters. Donald Trump is a terrible person and objectively a terrible candidate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Like, what scares me at this point is that our democracy has several fundamental values that must be respect or else the system itself collapses and Trump has poo poo on several of them

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

OAquinas posted:

https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/788795440800075776?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

He's literally going Full Springer. This is going to be batshit insane and ugly.

How much we want to bet one of them opens their mouths during the debate and makes a scene.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

OAquinas posted:

He's literally going Full Springer. This is going to be batshit insane and ugly.

Marcus Luttrell is hilarious, when his dumb movie came out he would get soooooooo mad when people implied all his friends died for no real reason.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Did the other wars have weeping mothers turned into political footballs?

I don't know which "others" you mean. Cindy Sheehan is pretty notable.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Quorum posted:

Like I said earlier, the speed at which previous appearances of decorum have fallen apart over the last eight years is really astonishing.

Not really. This has been a thing for a long damned time. At the least since Bill the I's terms in the 90's when Republicans were doing any and every thing to get him out or smear him. And it continued on during Bush II's reign. and I'm not saying some of that wasn't justified, but there was a shitload of crazy that came along then. "the last eight years" is really short sighted

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Pakled posted:

The media is "biased" against Trump in the same way that it's "biased" against school shooters. Donald Trump is a terrible person and objectively a terrible candidate.

Yeah, its interesting because at this point a responsible media SHOULD be biased

When one candidate is clearly unfit its the job of the media to play gatekeeper and say so

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

OAquinas posted:

Well now I have to watch. Sadly I need to get up at 4am so it's going to be a sober watch.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Night10194 posted:

So, what does the debate commission do, exactly? They shot down his dumb 'WE'LL YELL BILL CLINTON IS A RAPIST WHO RAPES' moment last time. Do they just deny these guests or something?

I don't think they can do anything. We will see if Trump tries for some crazy poo poo too, but both sides can invite who they want.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah my concern at this point is about repairing the integrity of our electoral system after his tantrum is over in November.

I hope the GOP as a whole has enough respect for our democracy as a legacy and institution to try and restore dignity to their side of politics soon

oh god we're hosed aren't we

Yep. There's a couple possible ways this ends, but none of them involves a return to the status quo ante bellum, as it were. Total dissolution of the GOP and the reconstitution of the Seventh Party System is one, but considering that the transition between Party Systems has been marked by extreme political polarization, civil strife, and even war, this isn't guaranteed to be a pleasant process. And anyone telling you they can 100% guarantee what that seventh party system will look like is bullshitting you. There's also that Vox article that argues that our political system has thus far been smoothing over its flaws with a warm collegial sense of shared American identity, and that without this grease, Madisonian democracy as current constituted can't continue forever.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

SocketWrench posted:

Not really. This has been a thing for a long damned time. At the least since Bill the I's terms in the 90's when Republicans were doing any and every thing to get him out or smear him. And it continued on during Bush II's reign. and I'm not saying some of that wasn't justified, but there was a shitload of crazy that came along then. "the last eight years" is really short sighted

I would posit that this sort of indecorous thing has merely become more visible instead of more common. Obviously media evolution has played a huge part in that.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Goatman Sacks posted:

Marcus Luttrell is hilarious, when his dumb movie came out he would get soooooooo mad when people implied all his friends died for no real reason.

Reminder that Marcus Luttrell blames liberals for his friends dying because liberals wouldn't let him murder civilians

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
So if it's out there, does this supposedly "even worse" oppo on Trump drop tomorrow sometime?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Reminder that Marcus Luttrell blames liberals for his friends dying because liberals wouldn't let him murder civilians

yeah "take the shackles off of our Troops!" is the most disgustingly coded talking point. It's literally advocating in favor of war crimes.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Trabisnikof posted:

I don't think they can do anything. We will see if Trump tries for some crazy poo poo too, but both sides can invite who they want.

They had them all sit in a normal place where they couldn't be disruptive last time. I'm sure they'll do the same.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Like, what scares me at this point is that our democracy has several fundamental values that must be respect or else the system itself collapses and Trump has poo poo on several of them

The rules have never really applied to him at any other point in his life so he has never learned to respect them. This idea that he now has to play along goes against everything he knows, so to him it seems like the system is broken. I honest to god believe at this point that he himself thinks the election is actually rigged. This has gone past pandering to crazies and entitled white males.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.
This is going to backfire in some way. I'm thinking...Trump sexually assaults one of them on the way to the debate. Or all of them, as the case may be.

Edit: "Oh god" funny, not "ha ha" funny.

Cthulhumatic fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Oct 19, 2016

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

mdemone posted:

I would posit that this sort of indecorous thing has merely become more visible instead of more common. Obviously media evolution has played a huge part in that.

Bingo. Also the increased prevalence of people who Aren't Like Us. It's no mistake that the kind of ugly smear campaign carried out against Bill became so much more open, accepted, and total in the presidency of a black man. It's the same substance, but taken to 11. Bill Clinton was able to appoint Supreme Court justices.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

That literally won't be allowed to happen (1) and (2) she did that during the RNC.

Also Donnie's guests aren't going to be there, the Debate Committee is a neutral non-partisan party*. I'm pretty sure they stonewalled his 2nd Debate bullshit.

*NOT TEAM R WHICH MEANS RIGGED!RIGGED!RIGGED!RIGGED!RIGGED!RIGGED!RIGGED!RIGGED!RIGGED!RIGGED!RIGGED!RIGGED!RIGGED!RIGGED!RIGGED!RIGGED!RIGGED!RIGGED!RIGGED!RIGGED!RIGGED!RIGGED!RIGGED!RIGGED!RIGGED!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Goatman Sacks posted:

yeah "take the shackles off of our Troops!" is the most disgustingly coded talking point. It's literally advocating in favor of war crimes.

Not even that

He literally says "rules of engagement" didn't allow them to murder three civilians to keep their location secret and its all liberals fault

He explicitly advocates that he should have been allowed to murder a child.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

C'mon, at least be honest. Most nutball conservative voters

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Night10194 posted:

They had them all sit in a normal place where they couldn't be disruptive last time. I'm sure they'll do the same.

Maybe they'll bum rush the family seating? Hard to stop if the cameras are rolling.

Cthulhumatic posted:

This is going to hilariously backfire in some way. I'm thinking...Trump sexually assaults one of them on the way to the debate. Or all of them, as the case may be.

Your fantasies are weird and gross.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Furnaceface posted:

The rules have never really applied to him at any other point in his life so he has never learned to respect them. This idea that he now has to play along goes against everything he knows, so to him it seems like the system is broken. I honest to god believe at this point that he himself thinks the election is actually rigged. This has gone past pandering to crazies and entitled white males.

Trump earnestly believes everything he says. He literally is mentally impaired.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Not even that

He literally says "rules of engagement" didn't allow them to murder three civilians to keep their location secret and its all liberals fault

Maybe if your survival relies on having to murder innocent people you deserve to die?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Not even that

Didn't he survive due to being found by friendly locals?

H.P. Grenade
Oct 21, 2003

Smooth.

Keep your eyes on the road, hombre.

Anyway, now that I'm out, here's a great piece by one of my friends about a movie that's topical these days: A review of 'The War Room' from today, the year of our lord 2016.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

Trabisnikof posted:

Maybe they'll bum rush the family seating? Hard to stop if the cameras are rolling.

Your fantasies are weird and gross.

It's literally a thing that could happen. And, unfortunately, it absolutely is given Trump's history.

I should've clarified that it's funny in an "oh god" no "ha ha" sort of way.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What the gently caress is an "Angel Mom"?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Goatman Sacks posted:

Maybe if your survival relies on having to murder innocent people you deserve to die?

Better get ready to go kill yourself because I have bad news for you about global capitalism....

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I mean, let's face it: The real reason this is a bad idea is because Trump is currently losing on the fact that he's seen as crazy as gently caress by the electorate. What he needs is The Pivot, not Springer.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Night10194 posted:

Didn't he survive due to being found by friendly locals?

Yeah, his team was originally spotted by three shepards, including a child, and they thought about killing them to keep their location a secret

After the attack he was rescued by a different group of locals

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Aren't they the ones with poison wombs making heaven too crowded?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Mothers of kids killed by illegal immigrants.

Yeah.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Mel Mudkiper posted:

After the attack he was rescued by a different group of locals

He probably wanted to kill them too.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Yeah, there's something though. Beyond just inordinate amounts of charisma, which most of the modern presidents on both sides have had.

Has anyone here ever met a president?

I shook hands with Bill Clinton recently, and before that I dined at the same restaurant as then-president George W Bush, who was a few tables over but I did not say hello.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He's dragging out moms whose kids were killed by, for example, someone living in the US illegally or by accident in a black gang shootout.

Really.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

trump's stable of grieving mothers of children killed in gun violence, props as part of his hilariously shabby and desperate appeal to african americans, who he assumes all live in ghettos and dodge gunfire every day and blames democrats for this i guess

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

He's dragging out moms whose kids were kid by, for example, someone living in the US illegally or by accident in a black gang shootout.

Really.

Oh gently caress him. Isn't the violent crime rate by undocumented immigrants lower than that of the general population?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Oh gently caress him. Isn't the violent crime rate by undocumented immigrants lower than that of the general population?

yeah. turns out undocumented immigrants try pretty hard to stay away from the police

• Locked thread