Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Ew. No. Gross. That guy sounds like he's one of those ""allergic"" to latex types.

Those assholes ruined it for the rest of us who are actually allergic. The eyebrow arch you get when you tell a girl that for the first time is ridiculous. Besides, Poly-Isoprene is cool and good.

Except if you're allergic to that too. Then you're stuck with Polyurethane which was developed by the Bush Administration CIA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I (26m) took a girl (22f) out on a date, is it a deal breaker that she had a machete in her car?

This would probably be a reason to seal the deal, but Im weird so whatever. Anyone with a machete in the car seems like they are at least a fun person.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Those assholes ruined it for the rest of us who are actually allergic. The eyebrow arch you get when you tell a girl that for the first time is ridiculous.
Carry a signed and notraized letter from your allergist.

quote:

Besides, Poly-Isoprene is cool and good.

Except if you're allergic to that too. Then you're stuck with Polyurethane which was developed by the Bush Administration CIA.
Well yeah at that point you might as well go back to using animal intestine.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
wait, wait wait. I only did the FWB a few times but does 6 times over 5 years an accurate name for their relationship? The ones I had it was 5 or 6 times a month.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Bonzo posted:

wait, wait wait. I only did the FWB a few times but does 6 times over 5 years an accurate name for their relationship? The ones I had it was 5 or 6 times a month.
yeah it's definitely one-sided-

quote:

ANYWAY -- then we hung out for a few more hours just drinking wine and talking and listening to music. I do really like him a lot. I eventually had to go home because we both had work in the morning and I have a puppy at home that I can't leave alone for the entire night (I would usually sleep over but I didn't for that reason). The night ended great, he gave me a huge kiss goodbye and was implying he wanted to start hanging out more (he just moved like 2 miles away from me last week -- before he used to live about 40 minutes away). I was really happy.

The next morning he texts me "hey" -- which excited me -- so I replied "hi I just woke up!" And then he was like "me too -- but I didn't use a condom or pull out so you should get a plan B." I just said thanks for telling me.
Kinda sad, honestly :(

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
How could she not tell? Come on.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
What kind of rear end in a top hat meets a world-traveling girl with a machete and doesn't immediately think of exploring the jungles of the Amazon together?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The kind drat well aware that she'll leave him for the intrepid Brazillian explorer they're bound to meet and leave him stranded with cannibals

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I hope pete and the machete woman[22FRussian] live a long happy life together.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

mind the walrus posted:

The kind drat well aware that she'll leave him for the intrepid Brazillian explorer they're bound to meet and leave him stranded with cannibals

Well that's only if he whines about everything the moment they hit the jungle. Jeez, it's not hard to avoid being the cast-off comic relief rear end in a top hat ex.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Bonzo posted:

From /r/personalfinance

I am 17 years old: my mother has 5 credit cards under my name and uses my name/SSN for her bills. How will this affect my future? What can I currently do as a minor?

Credit score of 648? Their credit score is better than mine!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

ikanreed posted:

Well that's only if he whines about everything the moment they hit the jungle. Jeez, it's not hard to avoid being the cast-off comic relief rear end in a top hat ex.
You're under-estimating how intrepid this explorer is.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

Me [25F] with my husband [25M] 4 years, can't let go of resentment from how he behaved in the first year of marriage

Holy poo poo this got long.

Let me preface by saying that at the moment, my marriage is picture-perfect. My husband is by far the sweetest, kindest man I know. We don't fight (we have civil arguments), he does half the housework, randomly whispers sweet things to me when we're in company, caters to my feelings and never puts me down. He constantly tells me I'm beautiful and will go out of his way to make me feel like the most important thing in his life. This is probably the best relationship I've ever been in and I don't think I could love anyone as much as I love him. I don't doubt he loves me, even from before we got married.

Which is why I feel like a colossal bitch for feeling the way I do.

You see, our first year of marriage wasn't like this. My first year of marriage was a lonely, horrible thing where I always felt trapped by my husbands family. And it's not because his family was terrible - more that he just set the tone for how everyone treated me and they assumed things I wasn't okay with were perfectly okay. Somehow when I brought up issues - like his sister-in-law dumping her thee month old child on me for hours alone, or him volunteering me to spring-clean his grandmas house, or giving up the money we were saving for curtains (I had bedsheets instead of curtains for the first year of our marriage) because his dad wanted to go on a golf-trip - he'd laugh it off and didn't think I was serious. Or forget.

I understand why though - he seemed to think that I was an extension of himself. You'll notice all the above things are pretty kind gestures that you'd generally want to help family out with, within reason. But he'd never talk to me first, or if I voiced my opinion he wouldn't think I was serious because he pretty much lives to make other people happy. We were also both pretty burnt out from the wedding and studying/working, so I simply lacked the patience to deal with people.

It came to a head towards our first anniversary where some of his distant family members asked to stay with us for two weeks. We had the space, so we said it was fine. After two weeks they left, and his mum asked, a week later, to come visit and stay for two weeks as well. Well, it was his mum, she lived in another town, and once again I couldn't figure out how to meaningfully articulate that I was burnt out with company, and needed more alone time. After the mum left, you guessed it, FIL came to stay, then a few days later, BIL etc etc until it got to FOUR MONTHS of random family members staying in my two-bedroom flat at one point or the other. I was tired of cooking, cleaning and entertaining, of being interested and helping out. I just wanted to sit on my goddamn couch by myself and not have to interact with anyone.

Then, after the last batch left, my husband mentioned that his grandma was considering coming down to visit, and would I mind looking up plane tickets?

I loving lost it. I couldn't do it anymore. I pulled out EVERY instance, every fault, every lovely situation he put me in and finished by saying I felt like there was a long list of people he felt was important in his life, and that his actions made me feel like I was right at the bottom. If he wanted to live like that, he could go right ahead. I had had enough.

He was devastated. I don't think he realised just how bad things were for me, and just naturally assumed that when I voiced my objection to something, I was kidding. Maybe it was my fault for not being too forceful, but I grew up in an emotionally and physically abusive home, and I was determined to never turn into the kind of people my parents were (manipulative and hurtful towards one another). I honestly could never tell if I was being too nasty, or if I was being manipulative. Either way, I never wanted to be either of those.

And reddit, he changed. Overnight, he started turning things down, something I don't think he'd EVER done in his life before. He'd hand his nephew back to my SIL if she tried to pawn him off on me, he'd tell his dad that he was sorry, but we couldn't afford to help him with his holiday plans, he bought us some actual curtains. And it's been that way since. Wonderful.

But every now and then memories of that first year come bubbling to the surface again, and I just get SO ANGRY. I get so angry that I can't bear being around him. I can stand the sight of him, his touch, anything. I try to avoid him during those periods (they'll usually last about a day or so) because I'm so scared of saying or doing something that'll hurt him. The great thing is, when either of us feels like we need alone time, we'll say so and respect that (I'll sit in my home office, he'll chill on the couch), and after awhile I'll cool down, and he's suddenly the love of my life again. I feel like I'm going crazy. The thing that terrifies me is that I remember my dad doing the same thing - being an absolutely monstrous violent rear end in a top hat for a day or two before returning to this incredibly charming, loving man. I don't want to be abusive. I don't want to resent my husband. I love the hell out of this guy. I just hated the first year of my marriage. I hate to use the word 'triggered' but that's how I feel sometimes. Like I'll see a photo of us from our first year, say, standing with his grandma, and suddenly the memories surrounding that photo will flood back and I feel sick and anxious like I was feeling in that photo.

WTF do I do? I've tried mindfulness, but the feelings just end up flooding over me until I'm lying in bed with tears of rage streaming down my face. I try to think of all the kind things he did for me, but it just ends up feeling tainted by how ignored and small and alone I felt when I was around him in that first year. I just have to lie here and ride it out until I feel better. In the meantime, I've losing chunks of my life by feeling like poo poo.

Help.

tl;dr: My marriage is perfect, but the first year is poo poo. Can't get over it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

:wtc:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

:therapy:

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Get therapy, lady.

gently caress

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

To an extent, I understand this one. The first year or so of my marriage was overrun with this kind of poo poo too and I was probably a bit lovely about it for a good few months even after we drew some firmer boundaries and she stopped letting her family tell her (and ME) what to do, and she stopped just throwing me into situations I didn't want to be in. By about 18 months in most of that poo poo was solved and we were doing quite well, and really it took reading this story to remember that.

Although if it's still eating at you for this long... 3+ years? yeah :therapy:

Like, run, don't walk.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Jack Trades posted:

Could US start having mandatory sex ed any time soon, please? I'm going to die of too much facepalming otherwise.

Fun american sex ed anecdote;
When I was in high school my school leaned heavily on "Abstinence Only" sex-ed and my school had a huge teenage pregnancy issue. The whole district did, even back in the middle school. So our health teacher started the semester by telling kids if anyone had any issues or questions they could come to her, she wouldn't tell anyone but she wanted to make sure we were getting the help we needed because she thought the abstinence only policy was bullshit. About the second or third week in she came to class and the exact words were "I don't give a poo poo what they're telling me to teach you, you kids need to be taught what matters" and from then on we had an actual sex-ed course mostly focusing on things like birth control and what to do if it fails with a helping dose of basic anatomy. She was fired at the end of the semester.

quote:

I [F21] hooked up with (apparently) crazy guy [M46] ONCE, now he is head over heels and claims I gave him a reason to live.
I’ve been using OkCupid to hook up with older men since I was 18. I’m not trying to have a relationship with anyone, which I make perfectly clear. I just have a somewhat weird fetish that is hard to fulfill in real life, so I use that website to make it easier.

I met this guy, let’s called him Tom, who is a very successful (6-digit income) lead entomologist at his firm. He’s cool, I got to see his lab after we met for lunch, then I pushed it to go back to his house and have sex. Because that’s what I was there for. So we go to his house, have the worst sex of my life (micropenis that didn’t even stay erect and he didn’t come).

Later that week he texts me that he sent Valentine ’s Day flowers to the school I teach at. SO WEIRD. I just got the job there, and I’m receiving flowers from a relative stranger. I just say thanks. And then he continues asking me about my week and a trip I went on last weekend.

He invites me to dinner last night, and I go so that I can tell him I’m not interested in this going anywhere and explain that I was just looking to hook up. But then he tells me he went to his psychiatric appointment today, tells me all of his psych issues (major depressive, anxiety disorders, etc) and that “suicide is always on the backburner” and I “finally gave [him] someone to care about.”

So at this point I’m knocking back the margaritas because, gently caress, what am I supposed to do? If I say anything he might very well go home and kill himself. So I told him I’d like to go much slower than we have before, and then I just go home. How do I approach this? I’m just absolutely not interested, especially not with him, and I also don’t want him to hurt me or himself.

Tl;Dr Hooked up with older guy on OkCupid ONCE, he won’t stop texting me, sending me flowers, and claims I “gave [him] someone to care about.” How do I cut it out?
Stop getting involved with weird guys who are twice your age!

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Should I [24f] be angry at my FWB [24M] of 5 years for not using a condom like I thought he was?

While her jackass FWB is a terrible human being, she almost never uses protection with him and doesn't seem to care. Then she somehow decided to trust the jerk after all the endless red flags. What is wrong with people? How are adults in their mid-20s (?!!!!) this sexually ignorant and irresponsible? :gonk:

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Oct 19, 2016

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

While her jackass FWB is a terrible human being, she almost never uses protection with him and doesn't seem to care. Then she somehow decided to trust the jerk after all the endless red flags. What is wrong with people? How are adults in their mid-20s (?!!!!) this sexually ignorant and irresponsible? :gonk:

Same way they are ignorant and irresponsible in general I guess.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
As someone who also likes the looks of older men, no no no. Don't touch. They're lunatics. If they get near you they will shower you with stuff and it is one of the worst experiences of your life, and also your friends won't understand how stressful and terrible it is and you will feel alone. breet breet don't do it.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Nuebot posted:

Fun american sex ed anecdote;
When I was in high school my school leaned heavily on "Abstinence Only" sex-ed and my school had a huge teenage pregnancy issue. The whole district did, even back in the middle school. So our health teacher started the semester by telling kids if anyone had any issues or questions they could come to her, she wouldn't tell anyone but she wanted to make sure we were getting the help we needed because she thought the abstinence only policy was bullshit. About the second or third week in she came to class and the exact words were "I don't give a poo poo what they're telling me to teach you, you kids need to be taught what matters" and from then on we had an actual sex-ed course mostly focusing on things like birth control and what to do if it fails with a helping dose of basic anatomy. She was fired at the end of the semester.

Are you from Arkansas by any chance? The same thing happened to my younger brother's teacher, in like 1999 or 2000.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I think the onus of birth control is put on women a lot when a lot of contraceptives can cause some really, really nasty side effects (including things that could lead to death). So I think she was irresponsible not to check but I can't blame her entirely for her own lack of BC use.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Nuebot posted:

I [F21] hooked up with (apparently) crazy guy [M46] ONCE, now he is head over heels and claims I gave him a reason to live.

Women are weird sometimes.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Fenrir posted:

Are you from Arkansas by any chance? The same thing happened to my younger brother's teacher, in like 1999 or 2000.
That type of poo poo wasn't happening out on my part of the coast for sure. Every health teacher I ever had would tag an Abstinence section onto the end of actual sex education with the foreword "I'm legally obligated to cover this poo poo with you, so let's breeze through it."

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Fenrir posted:

I had sex ed in Arkansas in 1997 at a Catholic school, taught by a monk, and he gave us a completely frank and anatomically accurate education about the process, risks, and prophylactics. Only at the end did he say that as good Catholic boys we'd burn in hell forever for nor waiting until marriage. Was your brother homeschooled by evangelicals?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Fenrir posted:

Nope, Hawaii. The year before that our health education consisted of our teacher getting a religious guy to come in and rant about how homosexuals were evil and if you gave a dude a blowjob you would get aids and die among other horrible graphic things. He handed out pictures.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

His private collection, I'm sure.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Nuebot posted:

quote:

lead entomologist

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

quote:

My [31M] wife [29 F] had an affair over a year ago with her ex. We got through it and are stronger than ever. I just saw he messaged her and not sure what to do

To make it as short as possible, we've been married 5 years. She had an affair a little over a year ago. Since then she's done everything to win my trust back, taking ownership of her decision and strengthening our relationship and has not given me a reason to doubt her since.

However today a Facebook message popped up from her ex on my phone since we regularly use each other's accounts and it's no big deal. All it is is a thumbs up emoji. I confronted her about it but we are both at work and she swears up and down that she has had no contact with him at all.

My question is, how should I handle this? Should I message him directly? Should I message him through my phone on her account? Or should I just leave it alone which I honestly don't think I can. I already told her not to try and resolve it on her own but we both are at work and she can't really do anything until after work hours while I can.

TLDR: wife's affair partner messaged her on Facebook and I intercepted it. She says she hasn't contacted him and does not know why he is. Not sure how to proceed

I just want to thank you all for your advice so far. You've all made my day much easier to deal with instead of having an internal struggle with what to do so thanks again!

Slight update: So I spoke with her again and she's sticking with her story. She's saying she would never do anything to betray my trust after everything we've gone through since then and just wants to move past it. Now my question becomes should I have her confront him asking what he wants, or should she just block him. She has no intention of responding at all but says she's willing to if that will make me happy. I archived that conversation and nothing but that emoji showed up. No odd phone calls, email confirmations or any indication that they've had contact from my investigation through the phone. I will use that data recovery method just to be sure though but at this point I don't have a reason to think she's lying

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

As someone who also likes the looks of older men

It's amazing how every single time you release a personal detail it's the least surprising thing ever.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Chomp8645 posted:

It's amazing how every single time you release a personal detail it's the least surprising thing ever.

Don't be a weirdo, just post about them

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Improbable Lobster posted:

Don't be a weirdo, just post about them

I just did :smug:

... ok I don't even feel good about that one. It was such an obvious setup. Carry on.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

NOT A THUMBS UP EMOJI!!!!!! DEAR GOD

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Pussy Quipped posted:

NOT A THUMBS UP EMOJI!!!!!! DEAR GOD

But what could it mean????

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

But what could it mean????

Reddit please help

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

All the collective brainpower of firstworld internet randos, and he uses it to tell him what he already knows.

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Credit score of 648? Their credit score is better than mine!

The mom could be just building the kids credit.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

dick wizard posted:

With 5 cards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

dick wizard posted:

I didn't think you needed to open the account in the kid's name for that (you can just have them on the parent's accounts).

Incoherence fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Oct 20, 2016