Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

irlZaphod posted:

Portable Super Metroid owns.

:hf:
Portable Super Punchout owns. SNES games are the poo poo, and 11 year-old me was a dumbass for trading in his SNES toward an N64.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I have a XL and NXL. The New one is incredibly nice.

I feel bad about not being a day 1 3DS owner. The next portable Nintendo better be as awesome as the DS and 3DS.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I had a Mega Drive when I was 13, but that's ok because I can get portable versions of those games on the 3DS too. :v:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

oh yeah, SNES games on VC makes the new 3DS a must-buy if you have any respect for yourself as a gamer.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
tbh I'm just gonna buy whichever platform has the next Monster Hunter, which is my crack cocaine. I'm kinda holding out hope that it's still Nintendo, though, because god drat do I enjoy Nintendo's portable ecosystem.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

mabels big day posted:

oh yeah, SNES games on VC makes the new 3DS a must-buy if you have any respect for yourself as a gamer.

Calling yourself a gamer and respecting yourself are direct opposites.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

mabels big day posted:

I bought Super Mario World right before I got on a flight to NYC thinking I would play it in between some bouts of Monster Hunter and Xenoblade.

I think I ended up playing SMW more than anything, I had forgotten how great it is.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Super Mario World, Super Mario RPG, and Super Mario 64 are some of the best games and I replay all of them pretty often.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

mabels big day posted:

I have them on Wii U already.

deadly_pudding posted:

tbh I'm just gonna buy whichever platform has the next Monster Hunter, which is my crack cocaine. I'm kinda holding out hope that it's still Nintendo, though, because god drat do I enjoy Nintendo's portable ecosystem.

Same here, but I hope they still let you be the cat. I enjoy killing monsters as a 1-foot tall critter who screams cat puns while hucking boomerangs in their faces.

Also the Styles. Aerial Style rules and I never want to give it up!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Silver Falcon posted:

I have them on Wii U already.

Yeah, but you can't play your Wii U on the go. :colbert:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

ChaosArgate posted:

You can if you walk in tight circles around it.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I have some choice words for whoever mentioned Pokemon Picross 10 pages back or so. I've been playing this (as energy allows) in the evenings and am now even considering spending some God drat money to increase the gauge for unlimited energy, which is hopefully only a few bucks. It all started with the free Zelda Picross I got with the new rewards platform and has been a slippy slope since.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

ChaosArgate posted:

This is from forever ago from an episode of 8-4 Play and it's been years since it happened...

One of be guests was traveling with with his Wii U (don't remember the reason), but Bayonetta 2 had just come out and he remembered about the off screen capability of the system. So he plugged in the console to the power outlet on the seat and played a few hours of Bayonetta until the gamepad died; he couldn't plug in the gamepad too because his neighbor was using it and it would have been a real dick move to be like "EXCUSE ME SIR, I WOULD LIKE TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES". I remember him saying two things in particular, the first being that he was trying to angle the gamepad out of general view because a dude playing a sexy hair lady game is kind of bad optics for children passing by, and the second is that a kid noticed what he had done with the setup (not the hiding the screen part) and it blew his little kid mind.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I recall liking TWEWY but finding the combat kinda eh at best and that being the general vibe others thought at the time.

Nowadays it's heralded as the second coming and I kinda wonder if I should play it again.

I didn't like it at all and the rabid following it seems to have baffles me, but nowhere near as much as learning that people think FF9 is the best Square game.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Phone posted:

This is from forever ago from an episode of 8-4 Play and it's been years since it happened...

One of be guests was traveling with with his Wii U (don't remember the reason), but Bayonetta 2 had just come out and he remembered about the off screen capability of the system. So he plugged in the console to the power outlet on the seat and played a few hours of Bayonetta until the gamepad died; he couldn't plug in the gamepad too because his neighbor was using it and it would have been a real dick move to be like "EXCUSE ME SIR, I WOULD LIKE TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES". I remember him saying two things in particular, the first being that he was trying to angle the gamepad out of general view because a dude playing a sexy hair lady game is kind of bad optics for children passing by, and the second is that a kid noticed what he had done with the setup (not the hiding the screen part) and it blew his little kid mind.

Ok fine technically yes you can play the Wii U on the go if you're able to plug it into a power outlet but that's so much more work than pulling out a 3DS and just playing.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

He sure told you

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

raditts posted:

I didn't like it at all and the rabid following it seems to have baffles me, but nowhere near as much as learning that people think FF9 is the best Square game.

FF9 was what a lot of people wanted FF8 to have been.

If you didn't start the series at FF7, like many did and thus its massive nostalgia, it's also the game you wanted FF7 to be.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

FAT BATMAN posted:

Rent/bills isn't an issue. It's just that I'd pretty much just be getting it for Pokémon. Most of the graphics-intensive games don't interest me (yet), but I could see myself wanting a future one down the line.

there are none, its a waste of money

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Phone posted:

That was Patrick Klepek when he was with Giantbomb.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Phone posted:

I feel bad about not being a day 1 3DS owner. The next portable Nintendo better be as awesome as the DS and 3DS.

As a day 1 3DS owner hot drat this thing was a total shitpile for almost a year and that's at the very least how long I'm gonna wait to buy an NX.

Fool me once, Nintendo.

Edit: The content drought was so bad that when they slashed the console price they had to give the old owners free games to stave off the angry letters. :lol:

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Oct 19, 2016

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

don't buy consoles at launch imo

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

As a day 1 3DS owner hot drat this thing was a total shitpile for almost a year and that's at the very least how long I'm gonna wait to buy an NX.

Fool me once, Nintendo.

Edit: The content drought was so bad that when they slashed the console price they had to give the old owners free games to stave off the angry letters. :lol:

I'm on the other end of this now, I have a PS4 game but no PS4.

Tae posted:

That was Patrick Klepek when he was with Giantbomb.

That was it! Thanks 4 rememberin'.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

buy two! one for yourself, and one to sell for extra

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
I will buy any new Nintendo system once there is a Kirby game released

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Chronojam posted:

FF9 was what a lot of people wanted FF8 to have been.

If you didn't start the series at FF7, like many did and thus its massive nostalgia, it's also the game you wanted FF7 to be.

I dunno, I started at FF4 and enjoyed a lot of Square titles on the SNES, but I was also 10 when FF7 came out so I didn't have any expectations and was summarily blown away.

what i'm saying is, where the gently caress is secret of evermore-3ds

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't understand why the last Ace Attorney Investigations Miles Edgeworth case goes on for so long after you catch Yew and discover the truth of the Yatagarasu. That was the emotional climax, and Ambassador Alba is not a very compelling final boss

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

nerd_of_prey posted:

I will buy any new Nintendo system once there is a Kirby game released

That's one way to save money on Nintendo consoles.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here's a little info on The Alliance Alive, the new Furyu RPG that's probably a sequel to Legend of Legacy - most of the key staff have returned for this game, so it'll definitely still have that same not-SaGa vibe, but they have someone new writing the scenario: Yoshitaka Muruyama, aka the guy who created and led the team on the good Suikoden games.

There's still no footage but it sounds like they're going for a more conventional structure this time, with something resembling a traditional overworld and narrative.

Here's the first trailer for The Alliance Alive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aBqWo_KyHU

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here's the first trailer for The Alliance Alive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aBqWo_KyHU

That looks kinda awesome! Overworld looks nice, cute characters, turn-based combat with formations and stuff, cool music (Hamauzu is awesome). Definitely gonna keep an eye on this.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/788900063833493504

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

God loving dammit I'm going to be on site with a client tomorrow.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Holy poo poo. :flashfap::circlefap:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/Cheesemeister3k/status/788901706243248131

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
I really wanna be able to play the SNES games that have come to the New 3DS (I own the previous XL model) but I feel like I should just wait for the NX? Would those games transfer over or is Nintendo still going to be a shitstain and we'll have to wait all over again for them to be on THAT system's Virtual Console?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Rock hard.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

LemonLimeTime posted:

I really wanna be able to play the SNES games that have come to the New 3DS (I own the previous XL model) but I feel like I should just wait for the NX? Would those games transfer over or is Nintendo still going to be a shitstain and we'll have to wait all over again for them to be on THAT system's Virtual Console?

we don't know

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

LemonLimeTime posted:

I really wanna be able to play the SNES games that have come to the New 3DS (I own the previous XL model) but I feel like I should just wait for the NX? Would those games transfer over or is Nintendo still going to be a shitstain and we'll have to wait all over again for them to be on THAT system Virtual Console?

We have no idea. They didn't give discounts if you already owned the same games on Wii U so probably not.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Cake Attack posted:

Buy consoles five years later like me.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Surprise it that long since the tweet did call it a 'teaser trailer".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Cake Attack posted:

I said I wasn't going to do this for the Wii u but I totally ended up buying one a week later