Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

Well Sony tried to do exactly what this is doing with the Vita, remote play was a huge element of it when it was first unveiled and then integrated at a system level when the PS4 came out

But that just makes the whole secrecy thing sillier in a way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

wizard on a water slide posted:

I mean it'll definitely have multiplayer like GTA5, but GTA5 was still a fully-featured singleplayer game. Moreso than GTA4 was, for that matter.

People who are fretting at this stage are being dumb

Red Dead Redemption beat GTA 5 to it by several years, at that!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
"Fetch me my Switch son, I'm about to show you my high score." :toughguy:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Red Deadstiny.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

glam rock hamhock posted:

But that just makes the whole secrecy thing sillier in a way.
The secrecy idea probably came from the same department that sends out those cease and desist letters.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

wizard on a water slide posted:

I mean it'll definitely have multiplayer like GTA5, but GTA5 was still a fully-featured singleplayer game. Moreso than GTA4 was, for that matter.

People who are fretting at this stage are being dumb

I suppose. I'd just hate to see them take focus off the single player aspect.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if the screen on the Switch will be able to be used like a Wii U screen. I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to leave that behind but if it could that would go a long way towards it being backwards compatible with the Wii U.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Grapplejack posted:

I suppose. I'd just hate to see them take focus off the single player aspect.

Red Dead Redemption had a fully featured multiplayer that had more gamemodes than GTA 5 has how many times must I say this

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
"Spare the rod this year, and give your kids the Switch."

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Red Dead Redemption had a fully featured multiplayer that had more gamemodes than GTA 5 has how many times must I say this

That was before they realized that they could make hundreds of millions of dollars off of their online.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Grapplejack posted:

That was before they realized that they could make hundreds of millions of dollars off of their online.

GTA 5's online is still real good without giving them a cent, and regardless of their moneygrubbing they don't withhold any of the gameplay

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Wait, people were actually buying shark cards?

E: I just remembered that most of the fun I had in GTA online was commiting insurance fraud :mmmhmm:

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Oct 20, 2016

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CJacobs posted:

GTA 5's online is still real good without giving them a cent, and regardless of their moneygrubbing they don't withhold any of the gameplay

I hope the game is good. I never got into the online since I'm on PC and that poo poo is rife with hackers.

tap my mountain posted:

Wait, people were actually buying shark cards?

Documents from the lawsuit showed them making 500mil iirc.

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Oct 20, 2016

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's weird how much they make from GTA Online, I ended up playing like 80 hours with a friend somehow and money never felt like an issue at all

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I wonder if the screen on the Switch will be able to be used like a Wii U screen. I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to leave that behind but if it could that would go a long way towards it being backwards compatible with the Wii U.

What, you mean like you can turn the TV off? Because its portable so ... it definitely works that way.

Or do you mean touchscreen?

Oh you mean having 2 different video feeds, dual screen style. Well, it probably can from a technical standpoint, so it's just seeing if/which games use it.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Should have called it the Nintendo Swiiutch, for branding recognition

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Baller Time posted:

No more Wii

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I need more Switch jokes to change the Nintendonx thread title. Give me some material.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Grapplejack posted:

Documents from the lawsuit showed them making 500mil iirc.

This got me looking up Rockstar's legal troubles and I had forgotten about the one by former dev Leslie Benzies.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/14/11428072/the-great-grand-theft-auto-lawsuit-explained

A choice quote from the article which is a claim by Benzies:

"Benzies alleges that Sam Houser sent him the following email message. "PLEASE help me/us get [Read Dead Redemption] into shape. I am a jabbering wreck right now. I need The Benz!" The way he tells it, 'the Benz' stepped in and saved the day."

Of course it could be a bunch of bluster but I who knows. I guess Redemption 2 will show how much R* has learned without Benzies.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Baller Time posted:

🎶 nintendora suichi~ 🎶

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Black Lodge Palpek posted:

I need more Switch jokes to change the Nintendonx thread title. Give me some material.

Get ready for the Nintendo Lite Switch in 2019

OR

Prepare to get Switchslapped (this is a bad joke)

OR

If there were a way to put a youtube link there's got to be some way to link it to PITAGORA SUUICHI~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndpeSZ1daK8

e: GOD DAMMIT HOW DID I GET BEATEN TO A PITAGORI SUUICHI REFERENCE

Celery Jello fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Oct 20, 2016

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am exceptionally excited for the Nintendo Switch! I will be getting one of those!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

get on my level

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I will buy a Nintendo Switch in like 5 years when they're 50 bucks like my Wii was.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Black Lodge Palpek posted:

Switchfinder General?

That's all I got.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
As much poo poo as I give Nintendo, I'll get a switch because it has a new 3D Mario game. Still, I won't be getting it launch because it's extremely likely I'll still be really busy with Persona 5 and/or Nier II at that point.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

oddium posted:

get on my level

If your level is buying a switch on day one then I am there!

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Sorry if there's a better thread for this but I can't find it and this is driving me nuts: I watched someone play a game awhile ago that I wanted to try for myself but I can't remember what the hell it was. It was a PC game from maybe the 90s where you manage a tribe or village or something sending people out to gather, barter, wage war, all that typical stuff. But it had duck people that lived in swamps, maybe? Like actual humanoid ducks. Someone on SA has an avatar of it but I can't remember who. Please help me game goons, you're my only hope.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

If the new Zelda is better on the Switch I'll buy one day one.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Kirby Superscare! posted:

Don't buy consoles on day one.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Build-a-Boar posted:

Sorry if there's a better thread for this but I can't find it and this is driving me nuts: I watched someone play a game awhile ago that I wanted to try for myself but I can't remember what the hell it was. It was a PC game from maybe the 90s where you manage a tribe or village or something sending people out to gather, barter, wage war, all that typical stuff. But it had duck people that lived in swamps, maybe? Like actual humanoid ducks. Someone on SA has an avatar of it but I can't remember who. Please help me game goons, you're my only hope.

King of Dragon Pass, available on GOG

Protip: Do NOT try to buy cattle from the ducks. They will laugh at you and you will be humiliated.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yeah that's my level, please fav

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Snitches get Switches

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chomp8645 posted:

King of Dragon Pass

MY HERO. Also I just now found the 'help us remember this game' thread, sorry modsss.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's still funny to me that after months of hype about how revolutionary their idea was, it was all pretty standard. They sure did pull the ol' bait and Switch on us all.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
King of Dragon Pass is a really good game that aged so well it is quite playable today. I recommend it to literally everyone.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Why not? I really want to enjoy the Nintendo switch!
I love my WiiU so very much.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If I have a job before it releases I will also be buying a Switch day one.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

edit

Why not? I really want to enjoy the Nintendo switch!
I love my WiiU so very much.

Hundreds-of-dollars impulse buys are a bad idea in all cases. Even a video game console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's still funny to me that after months of hype about how revolutionary their idea was, it was all pretty standard. They sure did pull the ol' bait and Switch on us all.

I really don't see how a home console you can take with you with a bunch of modular options is all that standard.

• Locked thread