Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Is that a TURBODRACULA I see?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Is that a TURBODRACULA I see?

the tubodracula meme was sensibly dropped but they still adapted the concept of a vampiric machine-man into an icon. He's also one of the setting's equivalents to ravenloft's darklords

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

Haha, wtf. This pitch is absurd. "Looks simple but is so deep and you can do anything, with anyone!" With no hint as to what the mechanics are or how any of its claims are achieved. If this wasn't Ben Robbins, we'd be laughing at this pitch for being so bad.

But it is Ben Robbins, and he is cool and makes fun games, so I'm going to follow this and see what he reveals later in the campaign. Maybe there is actually a game behind these silly words. Does anyone here have any details?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
So the BitBox has been pushed back to a January release date, all because people didn't fill out the Pledge Manager in time.

quote:

The three week delay in ordering product due to waiting on pledge manager responses has set off a small chain reaction that impacts the timeline of when product is shipped:

• Our manufacturing partners had committed to a 6-8 week turnaround on production of product if we ordered by Sept. 30th
  • Because we didn't hit that timeline, we've bumped into the holiday rush for manufacturing which has caused our manufacturing partners to commit to a 9-12 week turnaround
  • As a result, the new estimated arrival date of product at your homes is the 2nd or 3rd week of January

We realize how disappointing this is for all of us and sincerely apologize for the delay. Nobody wants to get product into your hands worse than we do, and we commit that we will do everything we can to continue expediting the process as quickly as possible.

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.

neaden posted:

That's a shame, the mini's are tempting but I have no idea what I would do with them besides play this game.

There's always Kings of War.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Jimbozig posted:

Haha, wtf. This pitch is absurd. "Looks simple but is so deep and you can do anything, with anyone!" With no hint as to what the mechanics are or how any of its claims are achieved. If this wasn't Ben Robbins, we'd be laughing at this pitch for being so bad.

But it is Ben Robbins, and he is cool and makes fun games, so I'm going to follow this and see what he reveals later in the campaign. Maybe there is actually a game behind these silly words. Does anyone here have any details?

That's why I didn't back it. I could see what was interesting about Kingdom and Microscope. This one seems so generic it's hard to see why I would want to play it.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
City of Mists is up on Kickstarter, and almost funded in a single day. The art and the background look really good, but I'm not sold on the tag system. I'll probably end up backing anyway but I'd rather they tweak the rules some more.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
It's pretty, and the backstory is cute, but between the stock playbooks being intended for actual pregenerated characters, and the system being 'I made PBTA and FATE kiss!' I'm just going to steal the background schtick and leave the rest very much alone.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

demota posted:

There's always Kings of War.
Doesn't that nightmare things faction still need minis?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1806106772/astonishing-swordsmen-and-sorcerers-of-hyperborea-0?ref=checkout_payment_sources_page

Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea 2E kickstarter is up. The book looks incredible.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Hiro Protagonist posted:

There's an Kickstarter up for a Powder Mage Roleplaying Game, based on a popular fantasy book series that takes more from Colonial America than medieval Europe. It uses Savage Worlds.

I'm gonna throw down for the PDF. The setting is more (somewhat eastern) European flavored than America; the genre is usually described as flintlock fantasy

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Panic At The Dojo
is now live! It is a tactical, grid-based combat game, with a focus on crazy action movie physics and flashy, showy combat styles. There is also a free preview adventure available, with pre-made characters and encounters. Check it out!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Combat in Panic at the Dojo is turn-based and symmetrical - the Heroes get one turn, then the Enemies get one turn, and repeat on down the line until each Hero and each Enemy has had a turn, then start back from the top.

There isn't an initiative order - when a Hero turn comes up, any Hero can take it! But you only get one turn per round - if you go first, you're not going again until everyone else has had a go.
Man, this makes me really excited for this game.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Terrible Opinions posted:

Doesn't that nightmare things faction still need minis?

A couple factions still need minis, they were added to the range to capitalize on Warhammer imploding.

Serf
May 5, 2011

gnome7 posted:

Panic At The Dojo
is now live! It is a tactical, grid-based combat game, with a focus on crazy action movie physics and flashy, showy combat styles. There is also a free preview adventure available, with pre-made characters and encounters. Check it out!

You had me at grid-based.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

gnome7 posted:

Panic At The Dojo

Just checked out the preview you have up. This looks really cool. Backed!

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Poor Dexter can't catch a break.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Top Hats and Treachery just went live - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rogueartistcreations/top-hats-and-treachery - a short and simple game about getting the best guests into your hotel while scuppering opponents with nasty rumours and unfortunate deaths.

Disclaimer: I know the guy who designed it and promised to post it here, so I shan't comment further.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Here's a game where everybody gets to play as Einstein, but it's competitive. Basically you play Einstein in different stages of his life, trying to make it so the stage in life you represent becomes the most influential on his works.

The central game mechanic also looks very nifty IMO, it's a tile-laying game where you're trying to construct a grand idea using your own tiles and the competition's in such a way as to unlock your personal inspirations and Einstein's major theories. Tiles come in different shapes and sizes.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
One, thank you thread for turning me onto the fact that Scion 2e is on KS. I missed that but rectified that right quick.

Second, a guy I know launched a Kickstarter for his gaming store in Miami, FL. He's got the space and tables built (he's run a few pre-opening tournaments there already) and experience running a gaming store. He had one open for two years a while ago and it did very well, but he had to close it due to family issues. He's back though, and now the store sells beer.

I just really want a good tabletop game store in Miami Dade ever since Sunshine closed. :(

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Reaper announced Bones IV at ReaperCon. It won't launch until they've fulfilled Bones III, so the earliest it's likely to hit is sometime in March, and possibly later. However, they're already commissioning sculpts, and they had them up at the Con.

Here are some pictures I took. The Bones IV ones are at the top of the album, the rest are just general ReaperCon stuff.

Some more pictures. The ones here are a bit scattered, but it's basically the sea turtle and maybe the walrus man. I didn't get a firm answer on whether or not that guy's going in.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Deathbot Derby is a 2-4 player game where two teams battle in an arena and try to win, sorta like Battlebots. The arena is built using a deck of cards to make each arena unique. The game is really compact which makes it perfect for travel. They currently have $3,603 of their $4,000 goal and have 7 days to go.

A.E.G.I.S. is also a 2-4 robot fighting game, but this one is all about combining your robots together to create new super robots to beat your opponent. It looks to be more of a collectable card game than Deathbot Derby. They currently have $22,225 of their $40,000 goal with only 59 hours left, so I don't expect this one to make it. :smith:

Also, it looks like Super Powered Smash Masters is back for a second shot at funding. This time they've forgone the "get booster packs" angle and now you can get all the cards at once. Game still looks meh, but at least they learned something. They currently have $3,104 of their $18,000 goal with 24 days to go.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

A.E.G.I.S. is also a 2-4 robot fighting game, but this one is all about combining your robots together to create new super robots to beat your opponent. It looks to be more of a collectable card game than Deathbot Derby. They currently have $22,225 of their $40,000 goal with only 59 hours left, so I don't expect this one to make it. :smith:
I'm really super-bummed about this, because I've played A.E.G.I.S. and it's a lot of fun. I think the biggest problem they had was that they didn't really advertise themselves.

It's not a CCG, though. The game comes with like 40 robots, and you assemble a team of 5 from them. Squad building isn't just about units that support each other well, it's about making sure you have the robots needed to make the combined forms you want. You can't make combiner without individual robots of the needed types, so not only do you have to take that into account when building your squad, you can deny an opponent from making a combiner by taking out his robots.

It's an "EM recommends", for whatever that's worth.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Is "Follow" basically DramaSystem with less rules?

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

I was popping over to hype this one up a bit more myself. It's not really a CCG - the units have cards, and there are a lot of units, but otherwise it's basically a cool mecha combat game, with a the gimmick being how the robots can combine: you have a 5 robot squad, of A, E, G, I, and S types, and you can combine them and make a level 2 AE or GI, or whatever, or a level 3 AIG, etc etc all the way to an AEGIS, and different robot ingredients get different outcomes. They also have the rules so far posted in this update.

Check it out, here's their latest "never give up" update.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I said it looks more like a CCG than what Deathbot Derby is.

I don't know what to loving call games anymore.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

I said it looks more like a CCG than what Deathbot Derby is.

I don't know what to loving call games anymore.

I think the trick is to avoid words that have very specific and clearly defined meanings (such as "Collectible Card Game") about games that don't match that definition. If something about it reminds you of a specific CCG you could say "Magic-esque" or whatever.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Forget it. I don't know why I get so worked up over stupid poo poo.

GenderSelectScreen fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Oct 25, 2016

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Phoenix Dice finished at $22,645 AUD of their $5,494 AUD goal. But don't fret if you missed out, because now there's a similar dice project that just started today: XLP Dice v2.0. Aluminum dice with a beveled design in place of the pips. Less abstract than the Phoenix dice, but a good substitution if those kind of dice are your thing.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm really super-bummed about this, because I've played A.E.G.I.S. and it's a lot of fun. I think the biggest problem they had was that they didn't really advertise themselves.

It's not a CCG, though. The game comes with like 40 robots, and you assemble a team of 5 from them. Squad building isn't just about units that support each other well, it's about making sure you have the robots needed to make the combined forms you want. You can't make combiner without individual robots of the needed types, so not only do you have to take that into account when building your squad, you can deny an opponent from making a combiner by taking out his robots.

It's an "EM recommends", for whatever that's worth.

I'm surprised, I thought it was going to fund even though it looked like poo poo.

It looked like they put a lot of love into it but I never got a strong sense that it was actually going to be fun or well put together - I don't know how they would have better conveyed that either. They had a very strong start, too.

I didn't think it was a CCG, but it seemed like it had a lot of fiddly mechanics, it's a strategy game and I've got all these cards and chits and tracks and all this poo poo going on. It's got boardgame pieces but the marketing makes it sound like its trying to compete with Malifaux and War Machine and poo poo like that.

The art is also incredibly consistent, well-executed, and looks like poo poo, if that makes any sense. They've got a consistent style, consistent quality, and just terrible looking robot designs and the most forgettable and worse-executed characters. ZANY STEAMPUNK GIRL. Widowmaker KnockOff! etc. Considering a sizable part of the attraction for other "skirmish" games like Malifaux is the character designs and minis and how those designs mechanically function in-game, none of their characters/robots are interesting or exciting in the slightest.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I just thought it was dumb that you can't combine robots of the same class. If you can't figure out a way to make that work, maybe you shouldn't be building a combining robot game :colbert:

Also yeah, I wasn't enthused by the art, and the fact that they split the game into two box sets was a major turn off for me, even if you could play either box on its own.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
yeah the 2 boxes really put me off, considering they're going with relatively cheap manufacturing to begin with. I feel like $80 could have gotten me both games with some minis (not 80 different sculpts or whatever, but at least different sculpts to denote A/B/C/D/E plus a combiner plus an AEGIS) and all the rules.

Sigma-X fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Oct 25, 2016

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

New KS for some neat looking oldhammer style minis - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/554542735/space-raiders-3-the-chaos-raiders

Just wish they'd have started it after finishing fulfilment on the previous one! I never quite trust companies who rely on overlapping campaigns...

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.
Matt Leacock (Pandemic, Roll Through The Ages, Forbidden Desert) has a new Kickstarter.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Speaking of Oldhammer, there's a pretty good Lizardmen/Space Lizardmen kickstarter in its final week. Pretty nice choice of add-ons you can get, including a bunch of single minis for different races if you don't want Lizardmen.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

Speaking of Oldhammer, there's a pretty good Lizardmen/Space Lizardmen kickstarter in its final week. Pretty nice choice of add-ons you can get, including a bunch of single minis for different races if you don't want Lizardmen.

I backed their previous campaign, it's pretty good quality stuff.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Unfortunately, it got shut down before I could share the drama, but this is kind of hilarious. You know that Demogorgon mini from Stranger Things? Someone Kickstarted a giant version. However, they did so without checking to see if anyone actually owned it. When told that Mirliton had the rights, they basically said that since they were just some company in Italy, the copyright couldn't possibly be valid, and they were in the clear.

Doesn't seem to have worked out for them.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Dang, I would have liked to see that embiggened. Glad they got shut down though.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Chariot Race was on sale at Spiel in multiple languages including English, so I have no idea why EGG are Kickstarting it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Jedit posted:

Chariot Race was on sale at Spiel in multiple languages including English, so I have no idea why EGG are Kickstarting it now.

To release it in North America without having to pay international shipping it looks like.

quote:

For the sake of transparency we would like to talk about the nature of this campaign. Chariot Race is a co-produced game with our partners Pegasus Spiele, this means that Chariot Race is being manufactured right now, and is expected to arrive at our KY warehouse by late-November. Normally here at Eagle-Gryphon Games we launch Kickstarters in the hope of having a game concept, from mostly first time designers, become funded so we can turn that concept into a reality. This campaign however is outside of the norm, so, you may ask, why are we launching a Kickstarter campaign?

The reason is that Kickstarter is the best way to debut Chariot Race to USA and Canadian backers! Currently Pegasus Spiele is about to launch the German version of Chariot Race across Europe, while Eagle-Gryphon Games will be selling the English version exclusively to the USA and Canada. Through our cooperative efforts we are making Chariot Race available to the public worldwide at approximately the same time. Kickstarter is by far the fastest way to get Chariot Race into your hands!