Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Still lolling at baby Madrox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's :spooky: season so here's my favorite horror comic, His Face All Red.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That's a good one.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I really enjoy all of those Emily Carroll horror comics, but the only problem is I don't always understand a lot of them. They're too clever for me!

I remember reading "When the Darkness Presses", I even wondered whether there was some special significance to the fact it had banner ads while her other comics tended not to!

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
That was cool. I'll have to read more.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

purple death ray posted:

Hes posting in the election forum I guess. He's not going to recognize either of us when he gets back :qq:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

You broke free?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

bela...lugosi's...dead...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I bought a few long boxes the other day at a garage sale, didn't see anything great but at the price I paid I can turn them in at work for store credit and it will be totally worthwhile. So I just hauled them into the store tonight to work on them and look what I found!

Second appearance of Iron Fist! In this shape this is easily a $100 book!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I don't know, that cover says 25 cents.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
For a guy named The Scythe he sure doesn't know how to wield one.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

I bought a few long boxes the other day at a garage sale, didn't see anything great but at the price I paid I can turn them in at work for store credit and it will be totally worthwhile. So I just hauled them into the store tonight to work on them and look what I found!

Can I borrow it and read it in the bath, I never read that one.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Thanks Arrow and the last page of Cage Carson I think that this is my most favourite time to be a comicbook fan.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Rhyno posted:

*eating from a HUGE bag of Cheetos* You mind if I give that a read first? *grabs it out of your hands before you answer*

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Make sure to exhale two packs of smokes on it too

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Lurdiak posted:

Can I borrow it and read it in the bath, I never read that one.

Look at this elitist jerk. I read my priceless comics in the shower while downing a beer.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I love Iron Fist, but I also have marvel unlimited so I'd pay 5 bucks maybe, if you can get 100 bucks for that, more power to you.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

What's a good comic reader program for a Windows tablet? The one I'm using now is kind of chugging.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I'm using perfect viewer. The icon is a blue speech bubble

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Steve Dillon has died :(

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Starsnostars posted:

Personally never been a fan, but man comic book artists have it rough, that sucks.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Starsnostars posted:

loving gently caress

America never learned to appreciate him.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I hated him on anything except for Preacher, but man, what a contribution that alone was. Major drag.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Remember him for his Jesse Custer, and not for his Hulk.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Remember him for his Jesse Custer, and not for his Hulk.

His Hulk was good.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Starsnostars posted:

Aw, man. Preacher 25 & 26 were the comics that made me want to live in New York.

Man, gently caress 2016.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
That's really awful. He was only 54. Thoughts are with his family. :(

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Well, crap. RIP Steve.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I hated that guy's art so tbh I'm not gonna miss that. Hopefully punisher gets a better artist now.

Rip tho

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

site posted:

I hated that guy's art so tbh I'm not gonna miss that. Hopefully punisher gets a better artist now.

Rip tho

That eulogy is almost impressively bad.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

site posted:

Rip tho

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That sucks.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
What a year of endlessly terrible news. I'm gutted.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

gently caress :( . His art was pretty polarizing, but he was a master storyteller. His Dredd was freakin' awesome.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just god drat it.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
When I was 12, Preacher is the series that made me become seriously invested in comics instead of just sometimes reading Spider-Man. I'll miss ya man. :(

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Jeeze people, if you don't have anything nice to say...

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Echoing the Preacher love. In my mind no one could draw Jesse, Tulip, Starr, Cassidy and the rest. He owned that universe.

And while I found his Punisher at times a bit lazy, I was digging his work in the past few years (only Punisher wise, I never saw his other stuff).

This blows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
steve dillon did good comics and i'm sad he is gone now. rip dillon

• Locked thread