Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Cool Buff Man posted:

You dream about the nba being punished by viewers for a player leaving a team?

I dream of an NBA where more than one team matters all season long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

i bought him for $13 bucks in fantasy because off his offseason social media shenanigans

please stay healthy big fella

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

WhyteRyce posted:

RJ Hunter got waived. Anyone looking at a shooter who can't shoot?

Well I watched Nik Stauskas last season so I wouldn't mind cutting him and taking a flier on RJ.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lessail posted:

I dream of an NBA where more than one team matters all season long

Then I don't know why you have ever bothered with the NBA (or basketball, in general) to begin with.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Since y'all get to dumb it down massively, to root for any team other than gsw to win it all is to root for injuries

That's the NBA you're defending

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Tae posted:

So the biggest question is, will the new CBA still come with an amnesty?

I doubt it. The cap is going up a ton and no one has given out any Gilbert Arenas-like contracts yet.

Looking at the players making the big money, the only deals I see that could end up like Arenas or Joe Johnson are Conley, Parsons, and Bosh. Conley would have to pretty much turn into a pumpkin, but it's happened before with players his age. And Bosh and Parsons would be health related.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Lessail posted:

Since y'all get to dumb it down massively, to root for any team other than gsw to win it all is to root for injuries

Counterpoint: The NBA is good

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ty1990 posted:

Well I watched Nik Stauskas last season so I wouldn't mind cutting him and taking a flier on RJ.

A couple of other Kings fans are talking about cutting someone and taking a flier on him as well. We should just pass around our non-shooting shooters around in a circle

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Anthony Randolph has finally broken out overseas
https://streamable.com/yrzj

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Lessail posted:

Pretty sure the Bulls weren't winning a championship even if the Warriors, Cavs, and Spurs all got murdered by a trump supporter.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lessail posted:

:salt::salt::salt:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

This is a big step in the right direction. Showing different camera's and pre-game stuff is really nice, but I mostly want the quality to be better before I leave my gray market.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

For some reason I thought that GSW was going to have a lot of trouble keeping KD next summer with cap holds and stuff, but it's pretty straightforward for them to keep KD and Curry and still have $19m to re-sign Livingston and Iggy or go after other free agents. That's a little depressing.

The big 4 of Curry/Klay/Durant/Draymond is going to be set, they either go over the cap signing bird contracts on everyone or be stuck with 1 or 2 Mid-priced guys. Still a very, very good place to be.

Tae posted:

So the biggest question is, will the new CBA still come with an amnesty?

I hope so, I like Amnesty. I think allowing a team to amnesty a player as long as they have not amnestied anyone else in the last 24 months (or something) would be a good way of doing it.

Lessail posted:

Nearly this exact thing was posted last year and GSW lost without major injuries (I guess Bogut, but that just seems par for the course). Let them play the drat games before giving your eulogy.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I still don't think it's a done deal that GSW is going to win it all. They will more than likely annihilate the regular season but I don't think their stars can play 40 minutes a game every game and still be uninjured and fresh enough for the playoff grind not to have a real effect on them.

I also expect KD to implode mentally at some point during the season.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Curry averaged 34 minutes last season, not sure how adding Durant makes him play more.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

Nearly this exact thing was posted last year and GSW lost without major injuries (I guess Bogut, but that just seems par for the course). Let them play the drat games before giving your eulogy.

He's just preparing for when nobody cares about Toronto getting unceremoniously dumped out of the playoffs again.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I'm personally holding on to the (slim) hope that losing Bogut hurts GSW more than anyone is anticipating.

I'm also hoping that Eric Gordon ends up being the Cuttino Mobley to Harden's Steve Franchise. It's nice to dream

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Lessail posted:

I'm okay with this.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
In shooters who can't shoot news, Anthony brown was cut from the Lakers today in favor of Thomas Robinson and MWP. Boy has his stock plummeted.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ainge cut last year's first round pick RJ Hunter for James Young, so he must really like the guy
https://twitter.com/Murf56/status/790610700838309888

oh

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I'm okay with this.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

any reality where the warriors lose involves steph curry suddenly having an injury once the game is over anyway, thats healed the next time they win

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Kibner posted:

ILP is done by a different company, uses a different client, has different packages, different rates, and even had more feed choices than LPBB did until recently.

It's a completely different service and what it does has no bearing on the domestic version or vice-versa.

International League Pass is amazing and you should all live in Europe like me so you can get it.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Ah, I guess it makes sense that RJ drew the short straw. Rozier looked really good in the preseason, Young showed flashes, and he was just...nothing special. I maintain that his dad is actually Kris Humphries.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

tanglewood1420 posted:

International League Pass is amazing and you should all live in Europe like me so you can get it.

I was extremely tempted to use the built-in VPN of Opera to fake being in another country to get it. But I was worried about something weird happening if I was paying for ILP from Amsterdam with a US credit card.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
RJ Hunter failed because he can't get his shot off against NBA length and quickness. He could be fine in europe

WhyteRyce posted:

Ainge cut last year's first round pick RJ Hunter for James Young, so he must really like the guy
https://twitter.com/Murf56/status/790610700838309888

oh

Hahahahaa

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kibner posted:

Then I don't know why you have ever bothered with the NBA (or basketball, in general) to begin with.

This applies to sports in general. Parity is a dumb myth.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

humpthewind posted:

In shooters who can't shoot news, Anthony brown was cut from the Lakers today in favor of Thomas Robinson and MWP. Boy has his stock plummeted.

He's real bad

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

:lol:
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/790624194115567616

I wonder if the Kings would try to claim him rather than trying to reanimate the corpse of Jordan Farmar

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

NIK ROCKS
https://twitter.com/JakeLFischer/status/790620754564055042

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
nooooo why did they cut supercool

Also, they cut Gary Payton the Second. Off to Viperland for you buddy

https://twitter.com/tomhaberstroh/status/790541911887060992

I have a good feeling about this, how many times do we play the Shanghai Sharks during the NBA season?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

This applies to sports in general. Parity is a dumb myth.
People exaggerate how much parity there is but it's far from a myth.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

RJ Hunter failed because he can't get his shot off against NBA length and quickness. He could be fine in europe

I've always wondered which NBA player would be most improved if they played in Spain. My thought is that it would be someone with legit skills that just can't cut it physically to play their position in the NBA, like Jimmer, Scalabrine or Adam Morrison

Hashtag Banterzone fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Oct 24, 2016

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Wow I wish the Spurs had an open spot to take a shot at some of the chaff that y'all just released but if Joel Anthony didn't make it then I don't think any of these dudes have a chance
Plus bryn forbes is apparently a shooter that can shoot

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

I've always wondered which NBA player would be most improved if they played in Spain. My thought is that it would be someone with legit skills that just can't cut it physically to play their position in the NBA, like Jimmer, Scalabrine or Adam Morrison

I think the other way, a guy who relies on his physical talents but that isn't enough in the NBA. Javale McGee or Alonzo Gee or someone. I mean, Beas was the Chinese MVP (foreign players) and averaged 31/14/3/2/1.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Patrick Beverley? I guess he doesn't count since he never suited up in an NBA game until he came back from Europe

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I was gonna say Greg oden but apparently he even got cut in China :(
Not sure how that happens he'd be a star over there even in a wheelchair

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lockback posted:

I think the other way, a guy who relies on his physical talents but that isn't enough in the NBA. Javale McGee or Alonzo Gee or someone. I mean, Beas was the Chinese MVP (foreign players) and averaged 31/14/3/2/1.

I don't know, I think EuroLeague is too high a level for someone like Beasley to dominate, although tbh I have only see a few games recently. But the last 5 EuroLeague MVPs have been old AK47, Spanoulis, Sergio Rodriguez, Bjelica, and Nando de Colo. If a physical freak was able to dominate like you suggest, I think we would see a physical freak MVP. Instead you have Jan Vesely averaging 12pts a game (albeit on good shooting).

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Lockback posted:

Did you forget about the curry injury?

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Lockback posted:

Yeah I think more along these lines. The Euroleague already has plenty of really skilled players who aren't athletic enough to make the starting rotation of an NBA team. Someone like Terrence Ross would be Euroleage MVP.

I don't know, I think EuroLeague is too high a level for someone like Beasley to dominate, although tbh I have only see a few games recently. But the last 5 EuroLeague MVPs have been old AK47, Spanoulis, Sergio Rodriguez, Bjelica, and Nando de Colo. If a physical freak was able to dominate like you suggest, I think we would see a physical freak MVP. Instead you have Jan Vesely averaging 12pts a game (albeit on good shooting).

I think that's mostly because any promising player with athletic potential is drafted and goes to the NBA before they are experienced enough to make an MVP level impact. You even have guys like Dragan Bender who shows just enough flashes of potential to get drafted in the lottery before really achieving anything of note in Euroleage at all.

tanglewood1420 fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I was gonna say Greg oden but apparently he even got cut in China :(
Not sure how that happens he'd be a star over there even in a wheelchair

Greg Oden lost his opportunites overseas after he pled guilty to domestic battery so he's just a bad guy

e: Guess he kept playing for a short while afterwards but it didn't help

• Locked thread