Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

If you're comparing it to Three Mile Island it's not that bad. I mean, sure, that was not a good event, but it was far from the disasters like Love Canal or Centralia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Pander posted:

They should have did send a poet

:unsmith:

I have no idea of the political subtext or statement being made here, but my god I love it.

The third runway is a white elephant. A making GBS threads elephant that can fly.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Keiya posted:

If you're comparing it to Three Mile Island it's not that bad. I mean, sure, that was not a good event, but it was far from the disasters like Love Canal or Centralia.

And what about all the horrible coal ash slurry floods that the coal industry really doesn't want people knowing about

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

beepsandboops posted:

Who is this artist? I've seen a few ridiculous toons from them but can't read the signature

It's Marian Kemensky, a Slovakian cartoonist working in Vienna.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Keiya posted:

TMI: an event that has some costs and consequences, but in the grand scheme of things is more of a boogeyman used to push an agenda than an active threat.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

The accusations against Hillary are all duds. AGC.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Bill Leak is under investigation under Section 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

loquacius posted:

Someone please explain to me what the severed arm in this cartoon is supposed to represent, in a way that makes the metaphor make sense. I'll wait.

This isn't supposed to be a metaphor: Lester literally thinks Obamacare involves chopping off limbs and giving them to other people at random because his head is so far up his rear end he can see out of his mouth.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Trapezium Dave posted:

Bill Leak is under investigation under Section 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act.

Is this actually a matter of national politics in Australia or is Leak pulling a Ted Rall in assuming that this thing that only really matters to him and affects job only is a matter that people are lot protesting in the streets over?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Mister Beeg posted:

That's an actual Scott Adams tweet, BTW.

Does he actually support Trump? Everything I read about his "support" reads like satire.

Then again everything related to Trump reads like satire.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Elman posted:

Does he actually support Trump? Everything I read about his "support" reads like satire.

Yes.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Pakled posted:

Is this actually a matter of national politics in Australia or is Leak pulling a Ted Rall in assuming that this thing that only really matters to him and affects job only is a matter that people are lot protesting in the streets over?

Even if there were actually a huge political movement to Get Rid Of This One Particular Hate Speech Law, what does Leak only crying about it now tell you??

Here's a link to Section 18C for those interested, and laffo that the exemption in Section 18D for "artistic works" or "fair comments" made in good faith may not apply to Leak's repulsive cartooning.

Elman posted:

Adams is a colossal narcissist idiot, so [DRAW CONCLUSIONS HERE]

A HUNGRY MOUTH fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Oct 26, 2016

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Pakled posted:

I can't find anything in the Australian news about it with a fairly indepth Google, so I'm guessing Ted Rall.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Elman posted:

Scott Adams is that "joke's on you, I was only pretending to be retarded" comic in the flesh. But without the self-awareness.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Lord Hydronium posted:

Scott Adams is that "joke's on you, I was only pretending to be retarded" comic in the flesh. But without the self-awareness.

When Trump was gaining serious momentum Adams posted that article about how Trump obviously is a "master persuader" and uses hypnotism techniques to sway crowds. Adams has a lot of his ego tied to Trump winning right now and constantly backpedals. He's said that Hillary will win so he'll vote for her to avoid retribution, that Hillary's campaign has another "master persuader" using the same techniques as Trump and Adams, that he's going to publicly support Gary Johnson but vote for Trump because he's afraid that if he openly supports Trump he'll be the target of violence, that Trump being a misogynist was as sudden and unpredictable as him being killed by a meteor (because he can never be wrong about anything) and a whole lot of other stupid bullshit.

Reminder that Scott Adams literally believes in The Secret-style wishes and that his horrible Dilberrito failed because of sabotage.

He's also been caught multiple times pretending to be a female fan of Dilbert to try and win online arguments.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Oz the Great and Powerful came out in like 2013. I highly doubt there are going to be a lot of scarecrow costumes, but whatever.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Elman posted:

For a while every other week he would go "well I'm going to endorse insert not-Trump candidate here" in the middle of giving Trump a big, sloppy blowjob in blog form. Once he said straight out that he was endorsing Clinton because otherwise she'd have him killed (while still making it clear he's actually going to vote Trump). He's "openly" for Trump now though.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Pakled posted:

It's not just Leak, there has been push against Section 18C and the Human Rights Commission in general from the right for a while now, especially from News Corp. papers. For every one of these Leak cartoons in the Australian there has been at least one editorial or opinion piece along with half a dozen letters to the editor.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Hitler B. Natural posted:

The third runway is a white elephant. A making GBS threads elephant that can fly.

I'm not sure how to feel about this Dumbo sequel.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Improbable Lobster posted:

He's also been caught multiple times pretending to be a female fan of Dilbert to try and win online arguments.
That Stefan Molyneux guy Garrison can't stop giving handjobs to did the same thing. What is it about MRAs and pretending to be women?

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

quote:

The Clintons are perhaps the most corrupt political family in American history. The Bushes may be second, but even they maintained a certain decorum in the White House. Neither Bush president would think of cussing out a secret service man or angrily hurl a White House antique at a spouse. The Clintons are at heart common grifters. They’re lying, vulgar confidence tricksters who continue to enjoy pushing the criminal envelope because they’re used to getting away with their crimes. Both should be in prison. Right now.

They get away with their sordid deeds because they have the backing of powerful figures such as Soros and the Rothschilds. The mainstream media are owned by a handful of big corporations, which back Hillary. The central bankers back Hillary. Some of the most leading and influential companies such as Google and Amazon back Hillary. Yahoo backs Hillary. Monsanto backs Hillary. Twitter backs Hillary. Zuckerberg is hedging his bets, but another Facebook founder gave $20 million to Hillary. The Saudis back Hillary and have also given her many millions of dollars. Saudi Arabia is a country that chops off heads, throws gays off buildings and are incredibly abusive towards women. Hillary welcomes their support and money. I can almost hear her say, “Ya know, it’s all about the dough—what difference does it make where it comes from?”

In short, the elite back Hillary. Most of them want globalism and open borders for America. They want endless immigration—especially Muslim immigration. Many will not integrate because their religion demands Sharia Law above all other systems. They won’t want to follow our Constitution. Soros knows this. He wants to promote division and strife to bring down our society to help usher in globalism—with his ilk running the show, of course.

The 10th of 1 percent at the top of the pyramid helps allow The Clinton Machine to continue chugging’ along and doing what it does–breaking the law as a matter of course. Hillary knows she is above the law. Anyone can see the contempt she has for us all—it’s in her eyes. That’s why very few attend her pathetic rallies. Most people know it’s all fake. She’ll say whatever it takes to get elected and then she’ll carry out what she and the elite want.

It may be hard to imagine, but she will be even worse than Obama. There will be more opacity and abuse aimed at truth tellers and whistleblowers. There will be more police state encroachment on citizens. More false flags to get us to turn in our guns. Worst of all, more war. Hillary loves war.

Standing up against The Clinton Machine is Donald Trump. He’s a flawed human being like the rest of us, but at this juncture in history he’s the only one capable of standing up to the Clinton Machine. He gave up his risk-free, lavish lifestyle to take them on. He’s had to face assassination threats as well as a parade of insults and false accusations. Why would he subject himself to the Clinton meat grinder? Because he really does want to make America great again. Right now, he’s the only one who can stand up against The Clinton Machine.

We need to stand up for Trump.

Ben Garrison

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Now now, he didn't say Jews. He merely referred to shadowy cabals of rich bankers that want to control the world and some of them just happen to be Jewish due to a super weird coincidence.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Nihilarian posted:

For a while every other week he would go "well I'm going to endorse insert not-Trump candidate here" in the middle of giving Trump a big, sloppy blowjob in blog form. Once he said straight out that he was endorsing Clinton because otherwise she'd have him killed (while still making it clear he's actually going to vote Trump). He's "openly" for Trump now though.

Since I've been regularly posting his blog posts for a while in the RWM thread, I'll present a timeline of Scott Adams' endorsements.

His first endorsement was on June 6 where he endorsed Clinton. His reason for endorsing Clinton was that if the left really does think that Trump is Hitler 2.0, then it stands to reason that they would definitely want to kill any Hitler supporters, and thus:

quote:

So I’ve decided to endorse Hillary Clinton for President, for my personal safety. Trump supporters don’t have any bad feelings about patriotic Americans such as myself, so I’ll be safe from that crowd. But Clinton supporters have convinced me – and here I am being 100% serious – that my safety is at risk if I am seen as supportive of Trump. So I’m taking the safe way out and endorsing Hillary Clinton for president.

His second endorsement was on September 25 where he switched his endorsement from Clinton to Trump. The number one reason for changing his endorsement was because of the estate tax.

quote:

I have been saying I am not smart enough to know who would be the best president. That neutrality changed when Clinton proposed raising estate taxes. I understand that issue and I view it as robbery by government.

He also stated that Clinton is too unhealthy to be a good president, as this was when the "Clinton is on the verge of death!" right-wing talking points were in full force, and ended the post with this statement that is hilarious in retrospect:

quote:

And I can also distinguish between a deeply unhealthy person and a healthy person, even though I have no medical training.

On October 8, right after the Billy Bush tapes were released, Scott Adams changed his endorsement to Gary Johnson.

quote:

I hereby change my endorsement from Trump to Gary Johnson, just to get out of the blast zone. Others will be “parking” their vote with Johnson the same way. The “shy Trump supporter” demographic just tripled.

He then went on to use the joke "I endorse Johnson because he only touches himself" three times in later blog posts.

His final endorsement came yesterday, October 25 where he endorsed Trump once again with this ridiculous quote:

quote:

I endorse Donald Trump for President of the United States because I oppose bullying in all its forms.

This concludes the history of Scott Adams' endorsements.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010
The cartoonist has no idea-

E: Also

quote:

Saudi Arabia...throws gays off buildings

pro-tip: Donald Trump is not a source.

FaradayCage fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Oct 27, 2016

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Due to my strong personal convictions,
I wish to stress that this parody in no
way endorses a belief in the fascist.
:spooky:-rsRD :spooky:

It's close to midnight and something banal's lurking
in the dark
Under the screenlight you see a post that almost stops
your heart
You try to type, but habit takes your hands before
you make it
You start to write, as it looks you right between
the eyes
You realize

You're making Hitler, Hitler tripe
And no one's gonna save them from the burns you're gonna
type
You know it's Hitler, Hitler tripe
You're fighting for your life against a filler
Hitler tonight

You hear the keys click and realize there's more to
what you've done
You see the butt dick and you know that the fightin's just
begun
You close your eyes and hope that this is just
imagination
But all the while you feel the dark posts creepin' up
your mind
They'll see this time

'Cause this is Hitler, Hitler tripe
There ain't no real defense against the man from
the Third Reich
You know it's Hitler, Hitler tripe
You're fighting for your life against a filler
Hitler tonight

Your comments fall
And the quote nests start in their grim parade
There's no escapin' the laws of the internet this time
(Though you try)
This won't defeat their gripe

They're out to get you; there's wingnuts closing in on
every side
They will contest you unless you change the subject to
your aisle
Now is the time for you and I to muddle facts
forever
All through the night you'll tell them they're the bad men in
this screed
They will concede

That they're a Hitler, Hitler tripe
'Cause I can own you more than callout post
would ever dare try
Dude, you're a Hitler, Hitler tripe
So let me set you right and share a iller, swiller
filler
Hitler here tonight

Cause they're a Hitler, Hitler tripe
'Cause I can own you more than callout post
would ever dare try
Dude, you're a Hitler, Hitler tripe
So let me set you right and share a iller, swiller

"Darkness falls across the land
the Godwin hour is close at hand
Pundits trawl in search of takes
to terrorize y'all's tweeting place
And whosoever shall be found
without the nerve for doubling down
Must stand and face the rants and shouts
and rot inside the tweets called out

The foulest tricks will only tread
the memes of forty thousand threads
And grizzled hicks from every end
are posting poo poo to keep the trend
And though you fight to stay adult
your body starts to quiver
For no mere mortal can resist
the evil of the Hitler"

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

We don't deserve you rorus, but god drat do we need you.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

rum sodomy Rainbow Dash posted:

Yes. YES!

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

come on, at least try to make a pun or something...

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
First Dog:

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

How many cartoonists have done the "Clinton's only in the lead, in spite of the scandals, because Trump's was way worse" talking point?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Mister Beeg posted:

How many cartoonists have done the "Clinton's only in the lead, in spite of the scandals, because Trump's was way worse" talking point?
I dunno but this one is certainly creative. I mean, not only are the bombs not killing her but they aren't even detonating due to the magic of that umbrella.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

rum sodomy Rainbow Dash posted:

Welp, time to open up Audacity.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

(That's Jan Brewer, BTW)

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Edit: Misinterpreted something, whoops.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Oct 27, 2016

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

My dad used not get the offense at the Cleveland Indians and even he realizes the mascot is an awful racial caricature.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

So the one handed crotch grab was to keep the pants off the ground?

Yeah Marty? Well I know someone that's 1/16th native American and 15/16th white and they said it's not offensive! Debate over.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I was watching star trek TNG for the first time in 25 years and in the last season they go to a planet of native americans and even four hundred years in the future they're still calling them indians. I felt like I was taking crazy pills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Krinkle posted:

I was watching star trek TNG for the first time in 25 years and in the last season they go to a planet of native americans and even four hundred years in the future they're still calling them indians. I felt like I was taking crazy pills.

Apparently actual American Indians will call themselves Indians because being mistaken for a different continent 500 years ago doesn't really offend them. I prefer "Native Americans" myself, but that's mostly for clarity because Indian Americans from India are also a thing.

And if you want to feel offended by Star Trek's handling of Native Americans, there's always Chakotay. Did you know the cultural advisor they got to inform Chakotay's character was a con man who had been exposed over ten years earlier?

Bobbin Threadbare fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Oct 27, 2016

• Locked thread