Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

It's probably unnecessary to point this out here, but this article is *explicitly* describing a plan to stop legal voters from voting -- people with intellectual and mental disabilities still have every legal right to vote (unless they've been formally ruled incompetent by a court, which typically doesn't occur because it costs money).

And which is a strange target for them to get hung up on if they want Trump to win - families with disabled members are not any likelier to vote liberal than conservative, and in my limited anecdotal experience it tends to lean to the latter. Oh well, can't wait for the headline "REPUBLICAN 'POLL WATCHER' ASSAULTED DISABLED VETERAN"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

cant cook creole bream posted:

Huh, props for McMullin, I guess. I may disagree with every policy opinion he has to offer, but that was an incredibly hostile interview but he still managed to state his views in an orderly and civilized manner. I guess those MSNBC people really don't like him. BUT BREXIT!!
CNBC, which is always weirdly hostile for some reason. I think their shtick is to act (or be) like "outta my way, I've got important business!" rich-rear end in a top hat Wall Street types. And here's a friendly Mormon from the Mountain West (and an ex-CIA field agent) who makes them look like fools with a smile on his face.

I like McMullin. I disagree with him on most issues too, but those are simply differences of opinion; where with Trump, having a *debate* at all is irrelevant.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oxxidation posted:

Good, I was hoping someone would muzzle that idiot.

I like to think that the Trump camp is sloppy enough and opposition is strong enough so that any coordinated suppression efforts will be ineffective, but it's probably not the sort of thing that should be left to chance.

I don't think he's relying on an organized effort, he's trying to encourage his racist followers to take matters into their own hands, which, while admittedly likely to vary immensely in quality and effectiveness, has the potential to be extremely dangerous, in addition to being immoral and disgusting.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

1337JiveTurkey posted:

Polling officials generally have the authority to deal with these sorts of people already. They call the police and the person gets removed. In the state of Georgia at least it's a misdemeanor for a police officer to fail to maintain order at a polling location so if the polling official says to get them out of here there's no debate, they're gone.

Yeah but then I couldn't be a cool roving vigilante protecting the American right to democracy.

*looks in mirror*

*sees a Trump supporter*

oh god :gonk:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

Good, I was hoping someone would muzzle that idiot.

I like to think that the Trump camp is sloppy enough and opposition is strong enough so that any coordinated suppression efforts will be ineffective, but it's probably not the sort of thing that should be left to chance.

Thank CSPAM, the cool forum where judicial review is suspended to deal with embed terrorists more expeditious, led by our hero Zen "Jack Bauer" Death Robot

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Wikkheiser posted:

CNBC, which is always weirdly hostile for some reason. I think their shtick is to act (or be) like "outta my way, I've got important business!" rich-rear end in a top hat Wall Street types. And here's a friendly Mormon from the Mountain West (and an ex-CIA field agent) who makes them look like fools with a smile on his face.

I like McMullin. I disagree with him on most issues too, but those are simply differences of opinion; where with Trump, having a *debate* at all is irrelevant.
He doesn't talk like Trump which is a huge plus in my book.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Potato Salad posted:

Trump on minorities:

"Death."

gently caress off.

Exaggerate much?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Clinton should have her own pill intimidators like the old woman gangs in paisley dressed and bonnets who beat people up with rolling pins in flying circus

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

EugeneJ posted:

Exaggerate much?

On the morning of "we have a voter suppression strategy" you think we're exaggerating your banal posts?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Phone posted:

On the morning of "we have a voter suppression strategy" you think we're exaggerating your banal posts?

For an election that's over, there sure are a lot of salty people around here

What are you afraid of

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

WampaLord posted:

Oh word? Guess I'll vote for Trump now.

Even a broken clock reads the right time twice a day.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Chokes McGee posted:

Yeah but then I couldn't be a cool roving vigilante protecting the American right to democracy.

*looks in mirror*

*sees a Trump supporter*

oh god :gonk:

I told Thomas Jefferson that the President is black. "Grab a pussy", he said.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nenonen posted:

And which is a strange target for them to get hung up on if they want Trump to win - families with disabled members are not any likelier to vote liberal than conservative, and in my limited anecdotal experience it tends to lean to the latter. Oh well, can't wait for the headline "REPUBLICAN 'POLL WATCHER' ASSAULTED DISABLED VETERAN"
i feel like most mentally disabled people lean democratic (because it's the only party that passes any laws that help them) so naturally those loving retards can't understand the terrible decision they've just made, and it must be the result of evil democrats who want to make them vote for their own slaughter

quote:

vredwolf6911 Al_Gore_Sr • 4 years ago
You are correct. Obama has stated several times that he wants to give the IPAB a lot more power. Right now the population deemed to have little worth is the elderly. The next population will be the handicapped. Mark my words, this will happen before the end of Obama's term. Pray for impeachment.
55 • Reply•Share ›

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Michelle's speeches have been great, I can't wait to hear them again. :v:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

EugeneJ posted:

Donald Trump on AT&T buying Time Warner:

"“As an example of the power structure I’m fighting, AT&T is buying Time Warner and thus CNN, a deal we will not approve in my administration because it’s too much concentration of power in the hands of too few”

Hillary Clinton on AT&T buying Time Warner:

"“I will expect the government to conduct a very thorough analysis before making a decision.”

Why should you believe anything Trump says he's going to do about anything. You know who his economic advisers are right?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Lord Hydronium posted:

Michelle's speeches have been great, I can't wait to hear them again. :v:
Donald is great man, great father. Please vote for Donald so I can have allowance for herpes medicine.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

"I will round up the nefarious brown rapist race and cook them to death in cattle cars in the desert"

Lel he just jk be dun mean that

"*reads obviously coached line off paper regarding deal he has no idea about and will never mention again*"

This is the truth and my eyes are open now hail Satan

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

EugeneJ posted:

For an election that's over, there sure are a lot of salty people around here

What are you afraid of

Im afraid of armed "vote watchers" intimidating legal voters and getting itchy trigger fingers.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/791630322488180736

:qqsay:
Why has the US plebs turned on us instead of making us god-king?

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Gary Johnson is not a happy man. Not happy at all.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Nenonen posted:

My guess is that people see minority caregivers taking disabled people to the polls and assume it's all a Democrat scam. For a lot of people any minority = assumed Democrat.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

mcmagic posted:

Why should you believe anything Trump says he's going to do about anything. You know who his economic advisers are right?

EugeneJ is the laziest possible drive-by troll. I think its gimmick is Disaffected Bernout but they never hang around long enough to really go into any detail, so it's hard to get a read.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

My guess is that people see minority caregivers taking disabled people to the polls and assume it's all a Democrat scam. For a lot of people any minority = assumed Democrat.
Yeah, it's this. If you read a lot of dumb conservative clickbait about this stuff it's the disabled guy going 'i asked my caregiver to help me vote for obama and he drove me out there and told me how to vote and on the way back he taught me some of the obama slogans'

disabled people have no autonomy in their eyes, so clearly that guy's caregiver took advantage of him.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Libertarians aren't happy people? :monocle:

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Yeesh, what a child :stonk:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

LOL at the idea Johnson is the "serious" candidate here.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Quorum posted:

EugeneJ is the laziest possible drive-by troll. I think its gimmick is Disaffected Bernout but they never hang around long enough to really go into any detail, so it's hard to get a read.

I'm voting for Donald Trump.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Shocking literally no one in the thread.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

i feel like most mentally disabled people lean democratic (because it's the only party that passes any laws that help them) so naturally those loving retards can't understand the terrible decision they've just made, and it must be the result of evil democrats who want to make them vote for their own slaughter

Maybe you shouldn't be using expression 'loving retard' even sarcastically while discussing mental disabilities lest we spin off-topic for another couple of pages?

Anyway - I don't really know if it's true that they lean toward D or not, but people are completely capable of voting against their self-interests especially if there's peer pressure. I would have thought that US conservatives would at least believe that they have the majority of disabled people in their basket because Jesus guides them to do the right thing or whatever.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

EugeneJ posted:

So still maybe Disaffected Bernout?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

So he's dumb and also an rear end in a top hat.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Johnson posted:

I'm the dumbest guy you've met in your entire life.
Glad we got that out of the way.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

The most upsetting part of this is the brief glimpses into a woman about to find herself in a seriously toxic life situation

"The baby will fix him" said the doomed woman

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

EugeneJ posted:

You're an idiot.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm really not sure why Johnson is even running. Every time I see him in an interview he acts like he doesn't have to answer questions or treats the questions like a 5 year old would.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

I have a few Republicans in my facebook world who have put their support behind Johnson. I feel like saying they should at least vote for McMullin, but, uh, I don't really care and I don't think anyone should vote for either of them anyway.

Also, he's probably not even on our ballot, so there's that.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

have any of the people voting for Johnson actually heard the man talk in their life?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

quote:

“Here’s what we’re gonna do tomorrow,” he said. “We have to think of a good hashtag, and we have to have all of our memes lined up.” 

:laffo:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Mike Cernovich

Author of "The Gorilla Mindset"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Flip Yr Wig posted:

I have a few Republicans in my facebook world who have put their support behind Johnson. I feel like saying they should at least vote for McMullin, but, uh, I don't really care and I don't think anyone should vote for either of them anyway.

Also, he's probably not even on our ballot, so there's that.
I know a hipster idiot who was going to vote for him, and affectionately called him "GJ". Don't know if he still would after all this dumb poo poo that Johnson has said for the last few months, but I wouldn't put it past him.

• Locked thread