Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

:sax:

Lightning Knight posted:

Lmao kangaroo Obama is such a good mental image tho.

Oh go gently caress yourself.

God :drat: I'm moderately aroused and I'm straight. :stare:

Is that a butt on the lower left? :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lightning Knight posted:

Yeah respect. I hope Hillary appoints him special undersecretary of swole.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

emdash posted:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/303034-trump-aide-we-have-three-major-voter-suppression

did this get posted? Unnamed source, but a "senior Trump official" actually used the sentence "We have three major voter suppression operations under way"

Nothing matters

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

EugeneJ posted:

Are you here illegally or something
Please, explain to me what you think this post contributes to a discussion.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

WampaLord posted:

:sparkles: What a shock! :sparkles:

I'm an albino african american, nice racism you idiot

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

emdash posted:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/303034-trump-aide-we-have-three-major-voter-suppression

did this get posted? Unnamed source, but a "senior Trump official" actually used the sentence "We have three major voter suppression operations under way"

It did but that's not really what they mean. They're referring to a campaign to demoralize Dem voters and try and make them stay home, which is a perfectly legitimate tactic in the abstract. They're not referring to legally trying to bar people from voting. They just are dumb and used the wrong phrase.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Apraxin posted:

Yeah, I feel you. President Romney was a much more plausible prospect at this point in 2012 than President Trump is now, but I never felt as miserable about it then as I do now. I think it's Trump himself being so much worse than what we're used to. Everything Trump does that hurts him and drives down his chances also makes the prospect of him winning increasingly terrifying. Even a couple of months ago I'd have thought 'the election of Donald Trump means the end of the American democracy as we know it' was hyperbole, but with the course he's taken since the first debate it seems plausible now. Even if the polls had him polling at sub 10% and the only people at his rallies came to throw rotten fruit at him, I'd still be a little uneasy until November 9th.
There's also the fun and exciting question of how many people are going to get assaulted or shot by deplorable "poll watchers" for voting while black or Hispanic. And what's going to happen if/when Trump loses and refuses to accept the result. This election can't end soon enough.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Here's a hypothetical I started thinking about from the whole 'Behind the Barn' thing from a couple of days ago when Trump responded to Biden's call out saying he'd love to fight Biden.

So what if they actually setup a boxing match?

On the one hand, I'd love to see it take place because I'm 90% sure Biden would destroy baby hands and it would tank Trump to even further depths. But on the other hand, what if by some miracle Trump wins? Does that re-energize his campaign enough to challenge for the whitehouse?

So Goons, I ask you this - if the boxing match were proposed would you want it to go ahead?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lightning Knight posted:

Would you say you're standing tall at your caucus?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

You mean Martin O'Malley and his traveling gun show

Now if you want a Dem that has the worst loving record on issues Black people care about you found him.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

mcmagic posted:

Probably much the same and she would be running on a worse platform.

:lol: this guy thinks platforms matter to voters after living through the last year

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

Ok you're just a FYAD reject.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dexo posted:

Now if you want a Dem that has the worst loving record on issues Black people care about you found him.

What if I really care about shirtless dudes

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

PotatoManJack posted:

Here's a hypothetical I started thinking about from the whole 'Behind the Barn' thing from a couple of days ago when Trump responded to Biden's call out saying he'd love to fight Biden.

On the one hand, I'd love to see it take place because I'm 90% sure Biden would destroy baby hands and it would tank Trump to even further depths. But on the other hand, what if by some miracle Trump wins? Does that re-energize his campaign enough to challenge for the whitehouse?

So Goons, I ask you this - if the boxing match were proposed would you want it to go ahead?

Trump has the height advantage...

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

Please, explain to me what you think this post contributes to a discussion.

He's claiming Doomsday with a Trump win and not citing a reason

I think illegals have the most vested reason to not want a Trump win

Who else is literally afraid of a Trump win?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Complaint Compilation posted:

Ok you're just a FYAD reject.
I don't think you know what FYAD is.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

EugeneJ posted:

lmao

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Yeah respect. I hope Hillary appoints him special undersecretary of swole.

:laffo:

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Would you say you're standing tall at your caucus?

Word.

Dexo posted:

Yeah... It's kind of a shame. He makes a mean speech and he seems cool but he's a white dude with a bad record on race. Cross one more off the list. :smith:

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

PotatoManJack posted:

I'd want it to happen after the election because I think Biden might accidentally kill him with the first punch, and we don't need Donnie to become a martyr

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't think you know what FYAD is.

I really absolutely don't. Was talking about TBS.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Being a stay at home parent is easy. Watch some TV, check on the kids, make sure the latch to their cages are secure, take a nap, fill their bottles and attach it to the side of the cage, make sure their running wheel works, go for a jog yourself. Super simple stuff guys.

My sister has twins and is nodding sagely at your post.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm literally afraid of a Trump win and also literally afraid of draculas and they both have about the same chance of sneaking in my room at night and sucking me dry.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Martin O'Malley should fight Paul Ryan to the death to see who gets to be the political leader of white swoleness.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

emdash posted:

Yea they are talking about it on Bloomberg right now. The defense from the Trump camp is they "didn't mean it in the illegal sense" but just "keeping certain groups from being interested in voting."

It doesn't take a political wonk to realize voter suppression is a BAD PHRASE

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

EugeneJ posted:

He's openly said he wants to use nuclear weapons in the Middle East, and you know what, I'm not gonna play "oh but he doesn't MEAN that, oh but he's trying to get a better DEAL, oh but but but but but I can intuit the mind of the orange Mussolini," - I'm gonna take Domald Tromp at his word. He would like to use nuclear weapons in a non-retaliatory way.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

I'm literally afraid of a Trump win and also literally afraid of draculas and they both have about the same chance of sneaking in my room at night and sucking me dry.

Your uncles should have changed up their costumes when they saw they were wearing the same thing

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lightning Knight posted:

Martin O'Malley should fight Paul Ryan to the death to see who gets to be the political leader of white swoleness.

Paul Ryan isnt even swole, gtfoutta here.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

What if I really care about shirtless dudes

also Pfft single issue voters

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

EugeneJ posted:

Your uncles should have changed up their costumes when they saw they were wearing the same thing
I've seen you try to make jokes before, but here's the thing: you're really, really not good at it. I mean I'm glad you're trying, because it's better than the times I see you go into a funny thread and post something really sincere and really stupid, but... boy. Not great.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Paul Ryan isnt even swole, gtfoutta here.

Well yeah he's a basic beta bitch and that's why O'Malley would win. But Ryan has to pay for that 2012 photo shoot he did pretending to be swole. Posers gonna pose.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Yea they are talking about it on Bloomberg right now. The defense from the Trump camp is they "didn't mean it in the illegal sense" but just "keeping certain groups from being interested in voting."

It doesn't take a political wonk to realize voter suppression is a BAD PHRASE

Yeah it's stupid enough that they deserve to answer for it for a day or two. That's all I'm hoping for...

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Dexo posted:

also Pfft single issue voters

Ok. He might be a little swole. Maybe a bit. But still. He has to defend the swoleness title and I don't think he's got what it takes.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

EugeneJ posted:

Do you know people who are literally afraid of a Clinton win? They must be wife beating clan members then. Who else would be?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Armani posted:

My sister has twins and is nodding sagely at your post.

I just left work early so my wife could take one of the twins to the ER. The other one greeted me by making GBS threads through his clothes on all over my shirt like 30 seconds after I got home.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

cant cook creole bream posted:

Do you know people who are literally afraid of a Clinton win? They must be wife beating clan members then. Who else would be?

Yes, all the people who I know that own guns are terrified of a clinton presidency.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Trump: 'We should just cancel the election and just give it to Trump' https://t.co/PlutfsweLd | Getty https://t.co/EcqY0EU25N

Election cancelled guys

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Yes, all the people who I know that own guns are terrified of a clinton presidency.
How can they sustain such elevated levels of terror at the prospect of possibly maybe in a long distance time frame with plenty of advance warning, legislative action that might potentially interfere with their hobby can appear? I mean, I know the answer (self-medication by buying more guns) but you'd think there'd be substantial health outcomes. Fortunately I'm sure it is forbidden to scientifically examine such things.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

EugeneJ posted:

I'm kinda opposed to national stop and frisk. Or any for that matter

That kinda scares me.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

greatn posted:

Trump: 'We should just cancel the election and just give it to Trump' https://t.co/PlutfsweLd | Getty https://t.co/EcqY0EU25N

Election cancelled guys

"Her policies are so bad" ok so we've finally hit Peak Projection guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

greatn posted:

Election cancelled guys

Well Im convinced.

Sorry Hilary. His argument has no flaws.

• Locked thread