Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I've said it before, I'll say it again, Tammy Duckworth is gonna be president in 2024. She's too good a story to not be.

Although there'll probably be a shitload of complaining about natural born citizen, since she was born in Thailand to a US citizen dad.

To be honest, we should probably start to build momentum to amend the constitution to ditch the natural-born citizen requirement soon anyway, because that poo poo is remarkably dumb.

lozzle posted:

It's rare for a Secretary of State to stay on for more than 4 years.

Especially across administrations-- even friendly administrations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Holy hell he just looked at her and assumed she was lying about everything she just said.

To be fair, I look at many Republicans and assume they were lying about everything they just said.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
new poll, but the pollster (Saguaro strategies) is unrated

Arizona

Clinton 48 (+2)
Trump 46
Johnson 3

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Teddybear posted:

To be honest, we should probably start to build momentum to amend the constitution to ditch the natural-born citizen requirement soon anyway, because that poo poo is remarkably dumb.

On the other hand, do we really want President Schwarzenegger?

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Pakled posted:

Michelle's gonna make a Sherman pledge, I'm sure.

Besides, neither Obama is going anywhere. I'd rather have them passionately campaigning for issues rather than running for office.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Teddybear posted:

To be honest, we should probably start to build momentum to amend the constitution to ditch the natural-born citizen requirement soon anyway, because that poo poo is remarkably dumb..

Whut? I'd like to hear more about this.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Kro-Bar posted:

I know it's Politico but please oh please let us keep Joe.

https://twitter.com/blakehounshell/status/791821967355699200
Congratulations Joe, now you too can feel Kerry's pain at everything related to Russia, Syria, the Philippines, and China/the South China Sea.

Have fun in the worst job in the world!:v:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Northjayhawk posted:

Arizona

Clinton 48 (+2)
Trump 46
Johnson 3

Doesn't matter, :getin:

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
If Clinton is a successful 2-term president, I have to think the 2024 nominee would be Kaine unless he does something incredibly dumb or doesn't want it.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

lozzle posted:

Most of the submissions have 0 upvotes.

I think there's something like Youtube where the amount of upvotes won't display until some threshold is passed, like an amount of time. I know Youtube does it to not display views that are fradulent, according to the system. I think the r/the_donald bots found a way to get legitimate upvotes through (i.e. ones that won't be taken away later).

That being said, I'm not even sure Reddit performs any validation checks on upvotes, or has any anti-bot measures.

Goatman Sacks posted:

I dunno I'm a huge connoisseur of r/all and I've never seen anything on there with <0 upvotes.

Sorry, you're right. I often see threads from r/the_donald that have no votes (just displays the number of votes as a solid dot). I think this is due to the upvote-lag I mentioned above. Seeing threads with 0 (which could be a net negative) means maybe another botter on the_donald is trying to compensate for the glitched-upvoting bot by downvoting threads (in an attempt to draw away suspicion).

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

lozzle posted:

Arnold's pro-choice, no way in hell can he get the Republican nomination.
I know you were just joking

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

iospace posted:

:getin:

(I would love to have 20 straight years of presidents who aren't white men :unsmigghh:)

Why just 20? They had ~220 some years, time for others to have a shot. After a couple centuries they can have a go again, I say.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Northjayhawk posted:

If Clinton is a successful 2-term president, I have to think the 2024 nominee would be Kaine unless he does something incredibly dumb or doesn't want it.

Oh please no.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

It just seems kinda lovely to me that-- even though there's a very real chance that it would never happen within our lifetimes, or perhaps even in the lifetime of the country-- we stratify citizens in a very antiquated, futile way.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

farraday posted:

Besides, neither Obama is going anywhere. I'd rather have them passionately campaigning for issues rather than running for office.

He's not gonna retire to a madrasa in Indonesia? :confused:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Teddybear posted:

I've said it before, I'll say it again, Tammy Duckworth is gonna be president in 2024. She's too good a story to not be.

Although there'll probably be a shitload of complaining about natural born citizen, since she was born in Thailand to a US citizen dad.

If Cruz is the nominee in 2020 you won't hear anything about it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

The Lone Badger posted:

To be fair, I look at many Republicans and assume they were lying about everything they just said.
I mean he saw her ethnic features and immediately assumed it was impossible that her family couldn't have had a long and meaningful history in America.

I mean, it's a common problem since American history books are usually full of white faces; that has a deep and profound effect on people growing up. We'll move past that though and he won't be part of it but I am ok with that.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Oct 28, 2016

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Kro-Bar posted:

He's not gonna retire to a madrasa in Indonesia? :confused:

If that's not a joke, he's going to work with Holder to fix gerrymandering.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/teddyschleifer/status/791816935738601472

that isn't much money

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Re: Y'alqaeda verdict

The Wire S05.E03, "Took"

Bond: What the gently caress just happened?

Russia finally cools it, leaves Syria and restores Crimea to Ukraine after shirtless Biden does donuts with shirtless Putin in his vintage Corvette.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Northjayhawk posted:

Arizona

Clinton 48 (+2)
Trump 46
Johnson 3

And the democrats have a GOTV effort going in Arizona :getin:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pakled posted:

Arnold's pro-choice, no way in hell can he get the Republican nomination.
I know you were just joking

Arnold is one of those republicans that I wish the party was still. Someone who was perfectly willing to work with both sides of the aisle, not a bonkers social conservative but largely fiscal.

Anchor Wanker
May 14, 2015

Teddybear posted:

Especially across administrations-- even friendly administrations.

Please yes.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

lozzle posted:

As much as we'd (rightly) get made fun of for it internationally, we're going to elect another Republican eventually and I'd strongly prefer it be Schwarzenegger then... well, any other Republican elected official I can think of.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Clinton eyes Biden while Trump fingers models.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

As much as we'd (rightly) get made fun of for it internationally, we're going to elect another Republican eventually and I'd strongly prefer it be Schwarzenegger then... well, any other Republican elected official I can think of.

Think of how great the campaign trailers would be.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Ogmius815 posted:

Oh please no.

Has an 8-year sitting VP ever lost the primary?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

If this means the Onion keeps making President of Vice articles, Hell Yes

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

fade5 posted:

Congratulations Joe, now you too can feel Kerry's pain at everything related to Russia, Syria, the Philippines, and China/the South China Sea.

Have fun in the worst job in the world!:v:

Biden is incredibly smart when it comes to foreign policy, there's nobody I would rather have. Plus The Onion will have 4 more years of content.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Also, doesn't he know basically everyone he'd be diplomating with from his time as VP?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Northjayhawk posted:

Not enough instances of this to make a meaningful judgment, imo.

Coheed and Camembert posted:

Biden is incredibly smart when it comes to foreign policy, there's nobody I would rather have. Plus The Onion will have 4 more years of content.

Agreed. Surprising and welcome move from Clinton since they were said to be at odds on a number of foreign policy issues.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

BigRed0427 posted:

If this means the Onion keeps making President of Vice articles, Hell Yes

It'll now by "Secretary of Smooth".

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Northjayhawk posted:

Garner lost to FDR.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Northjayhawk posted:

You'd have to go back to 1920 to find the last time it happened.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
So a Y'all Qaeda acquittal and the case against Christie's aides may be falling apart. Sounds like a pretty good news day for the Trumpistas and the future of the Republican Party.

Any other tidbits I might have missed in the past 800 posts?

EDIT: And Mark Kirk being racist. Saw that too.

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Oct 28, 2016

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It's pretty obvious that the founders of this country were terrified of vat grown humans becoming rulers of this nation.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Euphoriaphone posted:

I think there's something like Youtube where the amount of upvotes won't display until some threshold is passed, like an amount of time. I know Youtube does it to not display views that are fradulent, according to the system. I think the r/the_donald bots found a way to get legitimate upvotes through (i.e. ones that won't be taken away later).

That being said, I'm not even sure Reddit performs any validation checks on upvotes, or has any anti-bot measures.

Sorry, you're right. I often see threads from r/the_donald that have no votes (just displays the number of votes as a solid dot). I think this is due to the upvote-lag I mentioned above. Seeing threads with 0 (which could be a net negative) means maybe another botter on the_donald is trying to compensate for the glitched-upvoting bot by downvoting threads (in an attempt to draw away suspicion).

I'm thinking a more likely scenario is that reddit admins were tweaking the algorithm that keeps the_donald from spamming r/all and hosed something up.

The algorithm is funny by the way. You could (when it was working) go 10 pages deep in r/all and suddenly run into a wall of a page or two of solid the_donald posts which the algorithm had pushed down to keep them from clogging up the feed.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

It'll now by "Secretary of Smooth".

I'm kind of hoping we get Putin putting Biden in James bond-esq death traps.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

computer parts posted:

If Cruz is the nominee in 2020 you won't hear anything about it.

You'd certainly hear about it in the primaries though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

ComradeCosmobot posted:

So a Y'all Qaeda acquittal and the case against Christie's aides may be falling apart. Sounds like a pretty good news day for the Trumpistas and the future of the Republican Party.

Any other tidbits I might have missed in the past 800 posts?

What?

• Locked thread