Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

54 40 or gently caress posted:

and with cheating gut I'm so glad she's leaving and I bet the reason shes paranoid and knows he's a cheater is because that's how they got together in the first place

She posted that he was physically abusing her five hours ago. Hopefully she actually makes it out.

edit
New page, better add something.
Me [27 F] with my bf [27 M] of 4 years, he is planning to propose, I have evidence he cheated.

quote:

Well guys I'm officially perplexed by this situation. I feel kind of crushed.

The Background:

My bf "Nate" and I have been together for 4 years which have been pure bliss for me. To keep it short, I've always thought he was as close to perfect as things come.

We have talked about getting married, floated ideas of what it would look like (very small wedding) and where we would have it. The details have been discussed and he has hinted that a proposal is coming soon. I've even seen him looking at rings.

The problem:

Nate has a "friend" from college. They both participated in the same activity and got pretty close. At one point, he went for her and she didn't reciprocate. He says he moved on and they remained buddies. They hang out all of the time despite living in different states. He has stayed at her house on trips there without me, they have gone to dinners and shows together. In other words, they are very, very close.

She has posted pictures of her kissing him on the cheek, they've sent kissing emojis to one another, all in what he deemed as "just good friends having fun." They have always been very flirty when they are together. She touches him on the back, his shoulder, calls him "bb", etc.

I talked to Nate about this and at first he said I was being ridiculous. Eventually people other than me started to notice and he reigned in his behavior and started to avoid her advances. He also for some reason completely stopped talking to her on facebook. They used to have a pretty frequent messages and then there was absolutely nothing. I was suspicious, but chalked it up to they had actually stopped talking.

For a few months I thought we were great, and we were talking about marriage so I was over the moon thinking everything was going to be okay, that maybe I had just over reacted after all.

Flash forward to three days ago. I want to keep it vague as he sometimes looks at this sub, but I have evidence that proves without a doubt that he cheated on me with her. He doesn't know that I have it and I have kept it together well enough that he doesn't suspect anything is wrong with me.

However, I am absolutely wilting inside. I know he is going to propose soon, but I don't know what to do. The cheating occurred a while a go, so it's possible that it happened and they stopped after I started to figure out their flirting games.

I know this sounds ridiculous, but would it be bad if I waited until he proposed to me to spring on him that I know? I am feeling very, very vindictive and angry. He has lied to my face about it every time I have asked. If he would just come clean, I would be more willing to work through things with him.

However, I think he believes I dont know about it and therefore assumes he has gotten away with it and doesn't need to bring it up.

What should I do, reddit? I love him more than anyone else, he is my best friend an my better half. We've been together for so long and I dont know what to do without him. I am so crushed that he did this, but I think I would be willing to take him back if he would just come clean...

tl;dr: I have proof my boyfriend cheated on me despite him saying he hasn't. I know he is going to propose soon and don't know how to proceed.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Oct 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot
oh that is just lovely delicious drama she should definitely wait for the perfect moment to strike and then post about the shitstorm.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Oh God, they're leaking into /r/photography...

quote:

I have a girlfriend and she doesn't like it when I take pictures of random people especially girls. I tell her that I want to do this when I'm older and she just doesn't want me to take pictures of any girls. And she's camera shy.

What should I do to not make her like this?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Doggles posted:

Oh God, they're leaking into /r/photography...

:sever: is what he should do.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Get weird creepshot guy over and then film the bf reaction when the cheating truth spills out during the proposal

Then post it to that teens react YouTube garbage

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Chichevache posted:

She posted that he was physically abusing her five hours ago. Hopefully she actually makes it out.

edit
New page, better add something.
Me [27 F] with my bf [27 M] of 4 years, he is planning to propose, I have evidence he cheated.

I really, really hope she was able to get out of there safely

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Tolkien minority posted:

My (25f) fiancé (25m) is blaming my diet for my miscarriage.

gluten free people that dont have celiacs are the worst

This sounded WAY too familiar to me

It's getting to a point where if you live in a blue state and you have a problem, any problem, someone close to you WILL tell you it's your own fault for eating so much gluten all the time

Someone told me my IBS was because of gluten, someone told my wife her migraines were because of gluten. Gluten is apparently the real cause of every health problem known to man. Miscarriage is a new one but I'm not surprised.

I have a friend who actually has celiac and he says it's great that there's so much more gluten-free poo poo everywhere now but he really doesn't like the underlying reason

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i'd like to free myself of gluten free opinions and advice

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Gluten is often harder on the woman than the man.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

loquacius posted:

It's getting to a point where if you live in a blue state and you have a problem, any problem, someone close to you WILL tell you it's your own fault for eating so much gluten all the time

I've found if you call them idiots they don't both you that much. Also makes lots of jokes about "chemcials". Throw in some stuff about dihydrogen monoxide.

Gluten free people are just dumb and misguided, the anti-vaccers are the ones you have to worry about.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

loquacius posted:

Someone told me my IBS was because of gluten, someone told my wife her migraines were because of gluten. Gluten is apparently the real cause of every health problem known to man. Miscarriage is a new one but I'm not surprised.

I have a friend who actually has celiac and he says it's great that there's so much more gluten-free poo poo everywhere now but he really doesn't like the underlying reason

Gluten crazies think that eating gluten causes some kind of non-specific "inflammation." Actual inflammation CAN cause IBS, headaches, miscarriage, and a million other things, but since people who don't have an autoimmune response to gluten don't get inflammation when they eat it, gluten doesn't cause that problem for most people. A lot of people also think that nightshades and certain other foods cause "inflammation," but none so much as gluten.

I am selfishly very glad for the existence of the assorted gluten crazies, because I can now buy gluten-free knockoff May Wests and gluten-free knockoff "rye" bread at my local grocery store, the only two things I missed eating when I was first diagnosed with celiac disease. I suffered for years from the effects of undiagnosed celiac and now the rest of you suffer from exposure to gluten wackos so that I can have my GF snack cakes. The world is just.

That miscarriage guy is a horrifying dirtbag, though. 50% of all pregnancies don't make it out of the first trimester, and the odds with an autoimmune condition are even worse - and even if that wasn't true, blaming your partner for her miscarriage is sociopath-level horrible.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

loquacius posted:

I get told fairly often my colitis is because I eat gluten lol

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:

Dogfish posted:

Gluten crazies think that eating gluten causes some kind of non-specific "inflammation." Actual inflammation CAN cause IBS, headaches, miscarriage, and a million other things, but since people who don't have an autoimmune response to gluten don't get inflammation when they eat it, gluten doesn't cause that problem for most people. A lot of people also think that nightshades and certain other foods cause "inflammation," but none so much as gluten.

I am selfishly very glad for the existence of the assorted gluten crazies, because I can now buy gluten-free knockoff May Wests and gluten-free knockoff "rye" bread at my local grocery store, the only two things I missed eating when I was first diagnosed with celiac disease. I suffered for years from the effects of undiagnosed celiac and now the rest of you suffer from exposure to gluten wackos so that I can have my GF snack cakes. The world is just.

That miscarriage guy is a horrifying dirtbag, though. 50% of all pregnancies don't make it out of the first trimester, and the odds with an autoimmune condition are even worse - and even if that wasn't true, blaming your partner for her miscarriage is sociopath-level horrible.

I work with children with autism, in training we were specifically told to keep an eye out for people who blamed gluten for autism. I thought it was a bizarre joke. Its not.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Agentdark posted:

I work with children with autism, in training we were specifically told to keep an eye out for people who blamed gluten for autism. I thought it was a bizarre joke. Its not.

Keep an eye out to what end? "Hey look kids, douchebags!"

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009
Have they started outright blaming autism on gluten? Back in the day it was the vaccines that caused the autism and then you could cure it with a gluten-free sugar-free diet, but I'm not surprised if it's progressed from there.

edit: ^^^ People who think their kid's autism was caused by gluten and can therefore be cured by a gluten-free diet are much less likely to accept treatment/management recommendations that might actually help their kids.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Autism is incurable.

All you can do is buy them sonic games to make their lives comfortable

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I had depression at that age and my parents brushed it off and downplayed it as well - with only a half-hearted apology about ten years later for getting it wrong when they realised I still have it - it loving sucks so I have to empathise with the kid here. I internalised the idea that I probably was just an angsty teenager and any doctor/therapist would laugh me away so I never got the help I needed.

I mean, he could just be a little turd but it's not really an assumption I'm comfortable making.

My parents were the opposite which was frustrating but still not as bad as your situation. If I showed any negative emotion, even for a valid reason, they'd demand to know if I was depressed, try to get me to admit it, and try to persuade me to go to an emergency appointment with my psychiatrist. I could yawn and be interrogated about why I wasn't sleeping and if it was related to being depressed. It wasn't unusual for me to be accused of lying about it and told that I needed to tell them the truth.

It was very frustrating to feel like mommy and daddy had to babysit their baby boy's feelings.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 29, 2016

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

loquacius posted:

When I was a hormonal teenager my mom always insisted gluten caused my acne :smith:

she still insists its the cause of her athritis lol

i live in ma

edit: Content
Well, really didn't guess how this one would turn out :stare:
Me [22f] with my roommates [20s/m] 3months, they have told me I'm not allowed guests stay overnight (mostly men)

quote:

I've been living with my room mates for three months now. I knew them for about a year before moving in and I thought they were pretty cool but I dunno now. They've known each other for years, since high school.
Anyway, in the first month I brought someone home from town and he ended up staying the night. One of my room mates saw him leave in the morning and told the other one and they kinda gave me poo poo for a while, but eventually they got over it (or so I thought).

The next time I had a friend (girl) stay over the night and we watched movies. I asked if I could have her over and they both said that's fine but complained afterwards that we had made too much noise and that they didn't want that friend over again (night or day) because she laughed too loudly (she does but banning someone from the house because laughing???). I said fine whatever, and we've done movie nights at her place since.

I've recently been seeing this guy though for about a month and he's stayed over 3 times since then. The first night they thought it was a one night stand thing again and gave me poo poo, second night they kinda seemed annoyed and one said we had been using the bathroom too much (His room is right next to it). I didn't think we had but I said ok, but they didn't say I couldn't bring him over again. Third night they told me he wasn't allowed over again because it was their space and he used the bathroom too much and they could hear us having sex all night. We had sex once and it was in the morning so I don't really know what they were hearing. Also he only used the bathroom once and I told him to be really quiet and he was? but they said they don't want me bringing people over anymore and that I can go to the persons house if I'm gonna keep doing it. I can get it if it was for safety like if i was bringing random guys into the house but for friends and a guy I've been seeing?

There is another flatmate (girl) who is always at her boyfriends, but she was there one night and said she didn't hear anything and she is right next to my room so I think they may be making poo poo up. They bring guys over and play xBox till like 3 in the morning and their friends pass out on the couch. I'm getting pretty annoyed with all the hypocrisy.
I would move but can't afford to move out right now/live on my own but are they being reasonable? Am I being a bad room mate? I was way worse with my other flat (brought home guys all the time) and no one ever complained. How can I go about making them more ok with me having people over? Or do I just have to deal with it?

TL; DR Room mates get angry every time I bring someone over and have told me I'm not allowed to anymore. How do I navigate this situation?

[UPDATE] Me [22f] with my roommates [20s/m] 3months, they have told me I'm not allowed guests stay overnight (mostly men)

quote:

I honestly cannot believe how quickly thing escalated, and I'm sorry for not updating sooner, but I've been ridiculously stressed and busy with what happened.
So following the advice posted, I continued bringing over my (now) boyfriend and ignoring them if they bitched about it. Things came to a huge head last weekend, and I've spent the last week dealing with the fallout.
Last Saturday he came over and we were going to have an early night so we could do some hiking in the morning. Room mates were drinking with their friends playing xBox, making loads of noise, so I went out and asked if they could keep it down. I honestly thought they were fine, me and him were able to sleep until about 4 am when one of them burst into our room with a loving baseball bat and starting smashing poo poo.
He was screaming things about how I had embarrassed him in front of his friends when I didn't have the decency to shut up, calling me a slut and a whore. I thought he was going to kill me, but my boyfriend jumped up and starting trying to restrain him, the other room mate ran in and starting helping, my boyfriend got smacked in the nose and blood was running everywhere. I was on the phone with police by this point.
They came and he was arrested, my boyfriend had to go to hospital (Tim had broken his nose), and about $350 worth of damage was done to my belongings. The other room mate has not stopped apologizing to me non-stop about how he didn't realize that the crazy room mate was that bad, and he was just trying to back up an old friend, but he's said my boyfriend is welcome anytime.
Me and my boyfriend both have a restraining order against crazy room mate and the police came with him as he moved out all his poo poo, and we've gotten the locks changed. I'm still looking at moving out as soon as possible, and am staying most nights at my boyfriends. I'm struggling to sleep because I'm sure someone is going to burst in the room. I can't believe I could misjudge someone so much.
TL;DR: One room mate went mad, came and smashed my stuff with a baseball bat, charges have been laid, and I'm moving ASAP

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 29, 2016

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Well....geez. I could only imagine my reaction if someone suggested that ignoring a roommate's request might lead to them being violently assaulted with a baseball bat. Paranoid, delusional, etc. loving scary and bizarre.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
The way she embarrassed him was by having a boyfriend. 90% chance of him being a nice guy

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Theres no way that other roommate didnt know baseball bat man wasnt mental

I always make note to know if someone has a baseball bat but doesnt have a baseball glove - potential red flags with that one

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
You kind of can't live with single men if you're a woman. I wouldn't even have a male landlord any more unless I was really sure. You can show up to some rooms for rent and stuff and the guy will be like, "You might not even have to pay...." and then you just have to nope the gently caress out of there.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
stop the presses

quote:

My girlfriend [25F] lied to me [27M] about buying a Batman costume. Dating 2 years.

So my girlfriend lied to me about purchasing a Batman costume when we were first getting to know one another. I'm a nerdy guy and she felt that she could get me more interested if she told me she had a Batman costume.

She told me she spent $500 on the costume. I think it was on our 2nd or 3rd date. For two years I asked to see it. But she would always tell me "someday" or deflect the conversation. I looked in the closet. Nothing.

I asked for 2 years about it. Because honestly, I would never spend that kind of money on a costume, personally.

Turns out it doesn't exist.

My problem with this is that she told me this lie in the beginning to "get me interested in her". It didn't, I was interested in her because I liked her. But she has carried this lie for two years.

And that's my issue.

As stupid as it sounds. I'm bothered by it. I don't care about the costume. I care about the lie.

I was always really curious to see it and see her in it.

My mind is now wondering if she can lie about this for so long, what else could she lying about later down the road?

I confronted her and she said it wasn't a big deal and that it's just a stupid little thing.

I'm still uneasy about all of this.

tl;dr: Girlfriend lied for 2 years about a Batman costume. Is this a problem?

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

ikanreed posted:

The way she embarrassed him was by having a boyfriend. 90% chance of him being a nice guy

i dont know i feel like the "nice guy" stereotype is more the wank to anime while posting about bitches online kinda thing. breaking into your roommates room with a baseball bat and smashing all her poo poo/her boyfriends face for "disrespecting him" sounds like someone thats psychotic

edit:

Pick posted:

You kind of can't live with single men if you're a woman. I wouldn't even have a male landlord any more unless I was really sure. You can show up to some rooms for rent and stuff and the guy will be like, "You might not even have to pay...." and then you just have to nope the gently caress out of there.

stop doing things like this every time you post in the thread. for the record as a single male i lived with my female friend for a year and it worked out great.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

batman costume guy posted:

For two years I asked to see it. But she would always tell me "someday" or deflect the conversation. I looked in the closet. Nothing.

I asked for 2 years about it.

Hmm, who is crazier. The girl who made up a dumb lie and didn't know how to come clean about it, or the guy who spent two years obsessing over a batman costume instead of picking up on it being a lie.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tolkien minority posted:

stop doing things like this every time you post in the thread. for the record as a single male i lived with my female friend for a year and it worked out great.

you're doing the exact same thing, literally sharing your experiences

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

i really dont want to slapfight and get this thread closed so ill agree to disagree but what i mean is that every time you post in this its a negative comment about men you have dated/how men are X to the point where its been brought up more than once and caused multiple derails.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

Hmm, who is crazier. The girl who made up a dumb lie and didn't know how to come clean about it, or the guy who spent two years obsessing over a batman costume instead of picking up on it being a lie.

The guy is crazier, but only because you know he wanted it for sex reasons.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Pick posted:

you're doing the exact same thing, literally sharing your experiences

If that's what you're doing, please stop phrasing your experiences with terrible guys as universal truths.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

ikanreed posted:

The guy is crazier, but only because you know he wanted it for sex reasons.

I can understand how your partner lying to you for years is a big deal, but when the lie is "I have a batman costume in my closet" uhhhh come on dude

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tolkien minority posted:

i really dont want to slapfight and get this thread closed so ill agree to disagree but what i mean is that every time you post in this its a negative comment about men you have dated/how men are X to the point where its been brought up more than once and caused multiple derails.

dude it's the /relationships thread, if you want to know about my good relationships obviously they wouldn't come up here

and lol poor men :qq:. as if there aren't like ten threads here in gbs about how it would be great to be a sugar daddy or what size tits you like best

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Jel Shaker posted:

Theres no way that other roommate didnt know baseball bat man wasnt mental

I always make note to know if someone has a baseball bat but doesnt have a baseball glove - potential red flags with that one

i do but its for home defense purposes

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Sometimes women are crazy

Sometimes men are crazy

Sometimes people are just crazy jerks. And sometimes people interact with those crazy jerks.

Derail over.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I just have no patience for that complaint because if you read my posts in this thread they don't support your argument that I hate all men, considering it's almost all "you have to give people a chance" and "dick size isn't important." Like it's cool to imagine manhater Pick but I wouldn't have had the experiences of all these bad dates if I weren't giving a lot of people a fair shake. But that comes with the fact that a lot of times it didn't go well. I mean you've obviously made a trap, where it's wrong if you don't give people a chance, but if they do and it goes poorly you aren't allowed to discuss it if it conflicts with some rando's views? Give me a break.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
You don't have to change anything about your posting except maybe go from phrasing stuff like "it is literally impossible to have a healthy relationship in situation X with anyone male" to "I have never personally seen a man have a healthy relationship in situation X."

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Pick posted:

hello im a 28 year old man, the scariest thing that ever happened to me was a 22 year old girl hitting her jeep with a book. stay safe america.

Pick posted:

and lol poor men :qq:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

You don't have to change anything about your posting except maybe go from phrasing stuff like "it is literally impossible to have a healthy relationship in situation X with anyone male" to "I have never personally seen a man have a healthy relationship in situation X."

that's a pretty touchy standard for sensitivity in loving gbs

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Pick posted:

I just have no patience for that complaint because if you read my posts in this thread they don't support your argument that I hate all men, considering it's almost all "you have to give people a chance" and "dick size isn't important." Like it's cool to imagine manhater Pick but I wouldn't have had the experiences of all these bad dates if I weren't giving a lot of people a fair shake. But that comes with the fact that a lot of times it didn't go well. I mean you've obviously made a trap, where it's wrong if you don't give people a chance, but if they do and it goes poorly you aren't allowed to discuss it if it conflicts with some rando's views? Give me a break.

Tbf you strike me as extremely crazy

corn on the cop posted:

stop the presses

Bateman costume

This strikes me as extremely hilarious

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mocking Bird posted:

Tbf you strike me as extremely crazy

I know you've said I was nuts for not caring about dicks. We've got really different POVs on how we do relationship stuff, Mocking Bird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Pick posted:

I know you've said I was nuts for not caring about dicks. We've got really different POVs on how we do relationship stuff, Mocking Bird.

I don't remember that exchange at all but I'm willing to stand by whatever drunken thing I probably wrote about dicks being good and important

I'm more referring to your posting about men being in a constant state of oppressing/victimizing women. It's based in reality but then veers off into weird tumblr land. It's a downer even in a downer thread.