Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Essential Inks posted:

Apologize and explain where you were mentally without using it as an excuse. Ask if there is anything you can do to make amends and do so if it is within reason.

If you are still sore about the bullying, invite the Linkedin guy out for some arbitrary reason. Bring two trustworthy friends. Get him blackout drunk* and destroy his hands beyond repair. This can be accomplished easily by using strong zip-ties as tourniquets . Remember to wear gloves whenever you are handling the ties(also take his cash and throw his phone(remember to turn it off or break it) and wristwatch down a storm drain to give the impression of a mugging) and dispose of any unused ties in a trash bin far from your home. Get a lawyer at the first sign of police involvement and say nothing without his or her counsel. You were all drinking, so memory problems are very plausible.

*If all three of you do two shots with him(you're buying), you should all still be sober enough. Use a BAC calculator app and get him to about 0.3%, then delete it from your phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CannonFodder posted:

I know that Geordie is an English accent (from Newcastle?) but for the life of me when they get slangy it's like listening to Flemish.

There's nowt wrong wi' owt that mithering clutterbucks don't barley grummet.

It's a parody of rural Lancashire, not Geordies, but still. It's from the classic Goodies episode Kung Fu Kapers, in which they parodied the martial arts craze of the mid-1970s and specifically the TV show Kung Fu by having Bill Oddie claim to have travelled to "the mystic North" to learn the secrets of ancient Lancastrian fighting arts. At one point t'Grand Master imparts the above as a Zen-like koan. Translated, it means "Something is not wrong because fools complain they don't understand it".

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Paladinus posted:

What a good dog. It let someone attack its owner and walked away with a stranger.

Tunicate posted:

Can't blame a German Sheppard for just following orders.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

criscodisco posted:

Ambassadorial starships have to be prepared for any cultural eventuality. It's a gloryhole with a rotating crew roster.

Fun fact: it's the only reason we're on such good terms with the people of Risa

Trast posted:

"Six days a week this is the best job in the galaxy," the lieutenant said to the ensign.

"What happens on the seventh day?" the ensign asked.

The lieutenant frowned and rubbed his jaw.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I dont get it

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Gloryhole - on good terms with the people of Risa which is a "pleasure planet" in Star Trek, apparently - the captain rubs his jaw because he needs to give blowjobs to aliens.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

quote:

A man joins the navy and is shipped out immediately to an aircraft carrier in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. The captain is showing the new recruit around the ship, when the recruit asks the captain what the sailors do to satisfy their urges when they're at sea for so long.

"Let me show you," says the captain. He takes the recruit down to the rear of the ship where there's a solitary barrel with a hole in it.

"This'll be the best sex you'll ever have. Go ahead and try it, and I'll give you some privacy."

The recruit doesn't quite believe it, but he decides to try it anyway. He sticks his dick in the hole and gets an amazing blowjob.After he finishes up, the captain returns.

"Wow! That was the best sex I've ever had! I want to do it every day!"

"Fine. You can do it every day except for Thursday."

"Why not Thursday?"

"That's your day in the barrel."

spog has a new favorite as of 12:36 on Oct 26, 2016

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Who has to suck off the Horta? Do they get hazard pay? Does the Horta even get anything out of it?

"NO HUGLAGHALGHALGHAL I"

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

froglet posted:

From the ABC article on the case:

Malachite_Dragon posted:

That's not a mullet. I don't think there is a name for that travesty.

Parts Kit posted:

It's like the Ur-Mullet.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I was surprised to find that that's not Max Landis.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Dirtbag Diva posted:

Having your fiance get upset at being "disrespected" for being asked to collect clam shells in Connecticut is quite possibly the whitest predicament ever. Collecting....shells...?! What are we, peasants?

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Does anyone have that short series of TCC vignettes that ends with someone falling into the Paris catacombs and shaking a skeleton by the shoulder while shouting "HEY MY NIGGA HAVE YOU TRIED LSD"?

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Sanford posted:

Does anyone have that short series of TCC vignettes that ends with someone falling into the Paris catacombs and shaking a skeleton by the shoulder while shouting "HEY MY NIGGA HAVE YOU TRIED LSD"?

That's about the state of SA in general, not TCC specifically.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749412&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=76#post461795189

Here, in this very thread!

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Laserjet 4P posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749412&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=76#post461795189

I like the quote down the page about the guy calling the FBI because somebody said they were gonna shoot up a school in that Space Station 13 game.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Silly, but I liked it.

RatHat posted:

Bones are not fossils.

Random Stranger posted:

How do you know this? Have you ever seen a bone and a fossil in the same place?

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Laserjet 4P posted:

Aah perfect thank you, I went back to about page 90; just gave up too soon!

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Does anyone have the one which is about board games and ends with something along the lines of "Ill hang you in the lollypop forest"?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Laserjet 4P posted:

Suggestion: could this get edited into the first post since it seems to be one that folks come in here looking for?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Just gonna note again that the Hawaii yoga resort tree stump remover machine was stolen because it was chained to a tree stump.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
Does anyone have the posts of the guy who was toxxed after the Super Bowl to mention the Seahawks in his next 50 posts? He did a great job shoehorning some of them. I think his name was may contain peanuts?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

PopeCrunch posted:

I had to bring my kid in for a blood draw for somethingorother a few years back, and he - well. He did none of the above.

First he locked eyes with the phleb, then sort of unfocussed his eyes so he was looking *through* the poor guy, and then shortly after the stick, the most serene beatific smile appeared on his face, but in slow motion, with his unfocussed eyes still staring through the phleb's skull and through the back wall of the room. It was the weirdest goddamn thing and the poor phleb just kind of bugged his eyes out and de-assed the room as quickly as possible when he got what he needed.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Does anyone have the posts of the guy who was toxxed after the Super Bowl to mention the Seahawks in his next 50 posts? He did a great job shoehorning some of them. I think his name was may contain peanuts?
It was 600 posts.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Seatoxx is one of the greatest things to ever occur on the internet.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Subjunctive posted:

Seatoxx is one of the greatest things to ever occur on the internet.

It was. Unfortunately the copycats he spawned are very rarely as good as he is.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
He got drat near to the 600 too before the mod realized he was still doing it and let him off the hook.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Chichevache posted:

It was. Unfortunately the copycats he spawned are very rarely as good as he is.

You just can't match the desperation of a man who really doesn't want to lose $10.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Finally, whale lice are crustaceans and are specific to whale species (and even gender), so don't worry about one latching on if you swim in the ocean. Unless you're a porpoise or something.

Data Graham posted:

I think a lot of us claim to be

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Shugojin posted:

You just can't match the desperation of a man who really doesn't want to lose $10.

Making a bet with a toxx and then just eating the ban and rebuying your account without even a token attempt to do what you said you would is lame though.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

That's what I'm saying, he was doing it because he was being a good sport about his own thing because he had to

If you just want to copy a guy without going through the effort of toxxing yourself well it just won't be as good as the guy who did

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Moot . posted:

fun story: iwas pissing off the side of this canyon (dead horse point in Utah, like 700 ft down) trippint lsd and giggling about how the updraft was taking my piss upwards and I heard my friend like 20ft behind me go "aaugh wtf". he was taking a picture for some foreign tourists and my space piss arc was raining all over them.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Then follows some discussion about whether the crew got out and how they did so.

hobbesmaster posted:

No slides on cargo planes?

Ola posted:

It's FedEx, so there's a note on the door and the pilots are available for delivery at the local parcel center.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

social vegan posted:

operator: "Hello this is 911 what is your emergency"

me: "I will tell thee of my emergency if thou shalt answer these riddles, three"

o: "Sir I don't have time for this, what is the nature of your emergency"

me: "Ah anxious, aren't we. What has 2 legs in the morning, but only 1 leg in the afternoon"

o: "Sir, I'm hanging up"

me: "incorrect my fair lady, 'tis my uncle, there's been a horrible accident"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

omg lmao fantastic

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
That is pretty funny and good.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Aw yeah, that's the good stuff.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
if you liked that post, please come say hi in this thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765007

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

drat actually laughing out loud from this one

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
nice try hogge wild but if i'm going to join a cult it's going to be one with a lot more loving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

a forum you have to be funny in? incomprehensible. *swivels chair back around to 6x6 monitor setup with various Megathreads on auto refresh*