Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Crossposting from the Star Citizen thread:

It's a watch, it's a fashion statement, and much, much less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Sunswipe posted:

Crossposting from the Star Citizen thread:

It's a watch, it's a fashion statement, and much, much less.

I could have sworn this was satire, until I saw the guy's face.

Also, can someone please tell me what the gently caress the guy at 0:53 is trying to say? I listened to it three times and it doesn't make any sense. Maybe I'm not artsy enough.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

must be really nice to live a life where you would never need to know the time at all, and probably close to impossible to make a living like that unless you have some rare job

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

either that or really poor

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

quote:

With no markers or movement to keep track of, the Motto is intended to remind people to live in the moment while redefining the idea of being on time.

A 'watch' that doesn't tell the time and people are willing to buy it. What a time to be alive.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Rapulum_Dei posted:

A 'watch' that doesn't tell the time and people are willing to buy it. What a time to be alive.

Even worse, a non-zero number of people were willing to pay $150,000 for the original version of this stupid idea: http://www.ablogtowatch.com/haldimann-h9-reduction-watch/

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Watch looks like a gaudy ashtray

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

either that or really poor

Explains his t-shirt.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
his risks and challenges are full of time concerns. He must not love this project much

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Rapulum_Dei posted:

Nobody who buys a watch in this day and age of smart phones buys it because they actually need a timepiece, they buy it because it's jewelry. The functionality is completely ornamental at best.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Guy Mann posted:

Nobody who buys a watch in this day and age of smart phones buys it because they actually need a timepiece, they buy it because it's jewelry.

no, i'm old enough to like having a watch that i don't have to pull out of my pocket or charge daily.

E: that being said all my watches are cheap casios

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

repiv posted:

Even worse, a non-zero number of people were willing to pay $150,000 for the original version of this stupid idea: http://www.ablogtowatch.com/haldimann-h9-reduction-watch/

Surprisingly good discussion in the comments section of that article, though.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Nothing says "live for the moment" like coughing up 55 bucks on a non-functional watch.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Guy Mann posted:

Nobody who buys a watch in this day and age of smart phones buys it because they actually need a timepiece, they buy it because it's jewelry. The functionality is completely ornamental at best.

Sure, there's a clock on my phone, my laptop, my TV decoder, my stove and a lot of other places, but unless I'm sitting in view of any of the stationary clocks or am already using my phone or laptop it will always be faster to check the thing on my wrist than to fish my phone up from the pocket and pressing a button to activate the display. When I'm carrying stuff, when I'm walking somewhere, most of the time I'm outside, in the bath, swimming, biking, housekeeping, working out, anytime I would be wearing gloves, any work that isn't in front of a computer, generally any activity that doesn't involve looking at a screen that already has it.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

You wear your watch in the bath?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

IShallRiseAgain posted:

It's how I time my laps.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Why wouldn't you if you just wanted to have a relaxing soak and already had one on? It's hardly like a watch that can handle water is expensive.

I doubt he's wearing a fancy rolex for that or whatever.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
This one is making me so irrationally angry right now:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vear/the-legs-jacket-waterproof-and-breathable

It's like a jacket for your legs that protects you trousers from the rain! Why hasn't anyone ever thought of that?! Or you know, they have, decades ago. And you can call them rain trousers with side zips like loving normal person.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Pants for your pants

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Shanghaied posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vear/the-legs-jacket-waterproof-and-breathable

It's like a jacket for your legs that protects you trousers from the rain! Why hasn't anyone ever thought of that?! Or you know, they have, decades ago. And you can call them rain trousers with side zips like loving normal person.

I'm the sound mixing.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Shanghaied posted:

So, they invented chaps?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Are you a man who likes candles but wish they had more rapey or douchey connotations? Well then boy do I have the kickstarter for you!

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cyberia posted:

Are you a man who likes candles but wish they had more rapey or douchey connotations? Well then boy do I have the kickstarter for you!

oysters and sauvignon scent sounds terrible and the top reward tier as a PUA class

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

The makers of this project just followed me on Twitter, so naturally I had to run out and promote it.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

gschmidl posted:

The makers of this project just followed me on Twitter, so naturally I had to run out and promote it.

That's what the kids whose parents didn't love them ate for lunch at school.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Why it's in a can, actually, as it's also packed in a plastic bag? Seems super wasteful, but I guess "Boxwich" doesn't have the same ring to it, and McDonalds also does it.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Why are those pua candles so tiny? I get big jar candles for $3 at Michaels

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

AlmightyBob posted:

Well, a lot of things about puas are tiny.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

AlmightyBob posted:

In the pitch they say something about how they're designed to be tools. They burn for 3-4 hours ('just long enough to get the job done') then they can be thrown out. I don't think they're meant to be permanent design features of your rape cave.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Shanghaied posted:

They couldn't even be bothered to come up with a better name than 'the legs jacket'. Fuuuuuuck offfff.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

AlmightyBob posted:

cyberia posted:

In the pitch they say something about how they're designed to be tools. They burn for 3-4 hours ('just long enough to get the job done') then they can be thrown out. I don't think they're meant to be permanent design features of your rape cave.

$3 for the candle, $17 for the sticker that reassures you that it's totally hetero to obsess about your interior decorating.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Have you ever played a pokemon game and thought "Man I sure do wish I could go McDonalds or deal drugs on this game." WELL NOW YOU CAN!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

quote:

I WILL BEGIN BY SAYING I DO NOT OWN THE RIGHTS TO ANY OF THE MATERIAL THAT CAN BE FOUND IN THIS GAME. ALL RIGHTS WILL BE CREDITED DURING THE CREDITS SECTION OF THIS GAME. THIS IS A NON PROFITABLE OPEN SOURCE GAME WHICH ANYBODY WITH A KEYBOARD CAN EASILY DOWNLOAD AND ENJOY.

quote:

£0.00

pledged of £10,000

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I didn't think those words were how he's selling it! I sure do want to play weird Pokemon/GTA/Breaking Bad fanfiction.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

gschmidl posted:

Quote from the guy in the video trying to convince you that this abomination is something you need to give money to: "It's not that bad!" Sounds great, champ. :thumbsup:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Max
Telford, UK
Small time film maker with big goals and willing to put in as much blood sweat and tears as it takes to make them a reality.

huh

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
because the tortilla pod idea wasnt stupid enough. DRM cookies
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1503077171/chip-smart-cookie-ovenfresh-cookies-in-under-10-mi?ref=repms8
you can use your own dough

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Fauxtool posted:

because the tortilla pod idea wasnt stupid enough. DRM cookies
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1503077171/chip-smart-cookie-ovenfresh-cookies-in-under-10-mi?ref=repms8
you can use your own dough

2 of the $5000 trips to shanghai are taken. Is that cheap for a trip to China?

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Grassy Knowles posted:

2 of the $5000 trips to shanghai are taken. Is that cheap for a trip to China?

I've gone for business a few times. After airfare, things are really cheap, especially for only 3 nights. My guess is less than $2000. Probably less if it's a cheap hotel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

quote:

"Our CTO has great experience with internet security, having been a leader at a virtual currency trading company where security was mission critical."

Which one, do you think? My bet's on dogecoin.