Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Strep Vote posted:

This is the thread that will survive in the future so that historians in 5000 AD can look at it in wonder and say to each other, "These ancients were just like us!" just like we do with the walls of Pompeii.

Our current electronic data storage media don't last nearly as long as ancient walls. These posts are all tears in the rain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

kuddles posted:

[M28]My friend [M34] is dating a 16 year old and I don't know what to do to stop him.

Jesus...

Drop him to the matt with a drop kick

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Zelder posted:

Drop him to the matt with a drop kick

Well, if age of consent is 16 wherever this is, then the actual solution is to just dump the friend. Dude probably isn't going to stop porking a dumb 16 yo because you tut at him or sock him in the jaw.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
I (27M) had drunken gay sex with my straight best friend (27M) and now I don't know what to do. Advice and similar experiences appreciated.

quote:

I'm a 27 year old gay guy and my friend is a 27 year old straight guy and we're both single. We've been friends for about 9 years and were housemates for 3 years during college. He's only ever slept with girls and I've never once thought that he might be gay (until now). I've been out of the closet since before I knew him and he's always been cool about it.
We've had a kind of bromance thing going on but we've never exchanged more than hugs and joke flirting. We've got the same sense of humour and interests and similar personalities and we always have great banter. We hang out a lot and play playstation, watch horror movies, cook meals together, go out drinking or occasionally stay in and smoke weed. We've also both gone through some difficult times and even though we never talk about emotional stuff we just kind of get each other. It's a pretty great friendship really and I've always been happy just being friends with him.
Last weekend there was a big jazz festival in my city and a load of friends were coming to stay in my house, including this guy. All the rooms and couches in the house were full and most of the bedrooms had people doubling up in the beds. My straight friend and I ended up sharing my bed for the whole weekend and hanging out together for most of the festival. It was all cool and normal for most of the weekend, but on the third night something very unexpected happened!!!
We had been out drinking until around midnight and had only had about 4 or 5 pints each, but we were exhausted from the weekend and decided to head home. In bed we were joking as usual and then cuddled up together (which has never happened before). My hand was on his chest and I could feel his heart racing. He started to rub my hand and we cuddled a bit closer and proceeded to some heavier petting. I couldn't believe it was happening, but I just kind of went with it. Then he kissed me and things accelerated. Lots of kissing and moaning and grinding our boners together. Then the underwear came off and we gave each other handjobs and blowjobs. He ended up cumming all over me and the bedsheets. I think that's probably quite enough detail (sorry if it's too much and you're grossed out). Basically it was the hottest and most intimate sex I've ever had (I'm a one night stand kind of guy).
Anyway, we spooned and fell asleep and I woke up first in the morning, sober and hungover. I was a bit disoriented for a minute and gradually remembered what had happened. I lifted the sheets and realised that we were both naked and it definitely hadn't been a dream. I immediately woke up fully and was silently screaming WTF repeatedly in my head. I left him sleeping and got up and showered and had breakfast. Some of my other friends staggered into the kitchen by degrees, but I didn't tell anyone what had happened because I knew he definitely wouldn't want anyone to know.
I kind of expected him to avoid the issue and carry on like nothing had happened and that's exactly what he did when he came downstairs. We both just carried on as normal and avoided the big pink elephant in the room. It was a bit weird. We hung out for the rest of the day and didn't mention it once. We hugged before he left and just kind of looked in each other's eyes and smiled.
Now I don't know what the hell to do! I have always been sort of attracted to him, but I'm really good at putting pointless crushes on straight guys aside, so I've just been content to be friends. Should I just forget about it and carry on as normal and hope it doesn't become weird? Is he straight/gay/bisexual/bicurious or was he just experimenting or whatever? Should I bring it up with him and figure out where we stand? Very confused and can't talk to any of our mutual friends about it. All advice and sharing of similar experiences appreciated!
edit: oops wrong one

The comments are gold.

quote:

Your friend is gay and just didn't know it. I'm not homophobic, but a bromance between a gay guy and a straight guy is a bromance between a gay guy and a closeted gay guy. No big deal.
"I'm not homophobic, but it's impossible for gay men and straight men to form deep friendships."

quote:

Yeah, he's not straight; he is at least bi. I am straight and there is NO WAY I would sleep with a guy under any circumstances whatsoever.
"This barely relevant comment lets me point out how RAGINGLY STRAIGHT I AM in CAPITALS."

quote:

Tbh fam it sounds like u both closet homosexuals tbh fam
I wonder what OP did to put himself back in the closet?

Nancy fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 3, 2016

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I'm so confused, did you post the right story to match that title and comments? Am I having a stroke?

edit: there we go

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Pvt.Scott posted:

Well, if age of consent is 16 wherever this is, then the actual solution is to just dump the friend. Dude probably isn't going to stop porking a dumb 16 yo because you tut at him or sock him in the jaw.

I totally forgot about the age of consent tbh, someone should just kick that dudes rear end for preying on teenagers

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
age is just a number that represents the concrete fact of how long you've been alive and experiencing events and situations and deriving context for your life thereby

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Pvt.Scott posted:

Our current electronic data storage media don't last nearly as long as ancient walls. These posts are all tears in the rain.

gonna carve it into two stone tablets with lasers, now what

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
This subreddit is illegible so don't post stories from it unless you wanna painstakingly add in persistent names instead of acronyms, but lol:

quote:

How to handle PMs from Fuckass Shitcunt Trolls

So you've just finished pouring your heart out about your MIL's latest shenanigans and you get a message! Only wait a second, this message isn't supportive at all!

some redditor posted:

LOL UR A DUMAS

OMG UR SO STOOPID IF I WERE YOUR MIL I WOULD PAY A HOBO $10 TO SHANK YOU OUTSIDE OF WENDY'S
DO YOU EVER LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND REALIZE HOW UGLY AND DUM U R U SHULD APOLOGIZE TO UR MIL
FOR BEING SO MEAN TO HER AND GIVE HER CUSTODY OF YOUR KIDS U DUM SKANK
WTF! /r/JUSTNOMIL is supposed to be about support and this person's crapping all over you just like your MIL does! Well, now what?

1. Screenshot that poo poo!

A screenshot serves as better proof and is more easily shared among mods and admins.

2. Upload it!

imgur.com is the easiest site for uploading. Copy down the URL once you've uploaded.

3. PM the JUSTNOMIL mods!

Click here to send us a message and let us know, including the URL to the screenshot.

4. Report it to the admins!

You actually DON'T want to use the "report" link underneath the PM because this will remove the PM from your inbox, which you need for step 5, and also those reports go to a queue which is not as often-checked. Instead take your happy little screenshot and use this link to report the PM as harassment.

5. Block the douchefuck!

Now go back to your PM and click "block user" so they can never loving speak to you again. gently caress yeah!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Nov 3, 2016

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

This subreddit is illegible so don't post stories from it unless you wanna painstakingly add in persistent names instead of acronyms, but lol:

WTF! /r/JUSTNOMIL is supposed to be about support and this person's crapping all over you just like your MIL does! Well, now what?

1. Screenshot that poo poo!

A screenshot serves as better proof and is more easily shared among mods and admins.

2. Upload it!

imgur.com is the easiest site for uploading. Copy down the URL once you've uploaded.

3. PM the JUSTNOMIL mods!

Click here to send us a message and let us know, including the URL to the screenshot.

4. Report it to the admins!

You actually DON'T want to use the "report" link underneath the PM because this will remove the PM from your inbox, which you need for step 5, and also those reports go to a queue which is not as often-checked. Instead take your happy little screenshot and use this link to report the PM as harassment.

5. Block the douchefuck!

Now go back to your PM and click "block user" so they can never loving speak to you again. gently caress yeah!

[/quote]

So, if someone calls you out on your poo poo but does you the favor of not embarrassing you in front of your e-peers while doing it, screenshot the message, PM the mods so they can be ready to pounce on it when it comes up, and mail it through a side channel to an Admin without actually officially reporting it to skip the normal review process. Did I read that right? All because someone didn't take your side when you ranted about your mother-in-law being a oval office?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I dunno I mostly just laughed at their funny internet words. Tell your troll "you're such a fuckass donnie" and then screenshot and mail it in to PO Box 42343.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Pvt.Scott posted:

So, if someone calls you out on your poo poo but does you the favor of not embarrassing you in front of your e-peers while doing it, screenshot the message, PM the mods so they can be ready to pounce on it when it comes up, and mail it through a side channel to an Admin without actually officially reporting it to skip the normal review process. Did I read that right? All because someone didn't take your side when you ranted about your mother-in-law being a oval office?
Fabricating screenshots of posters you just don't like seems like more fun.

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

Anyone who would be concerned with her privacy or safety in that situation is a broken human being or should be nominated for sainthood.
I would be concerned for her privacy for sure. If I'm in a relationship with someone I care about them, and some dumb poo poo they did won't change that even if I were going to break up with them over that dumb poo poo.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Nov 3, 2016

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
I like how that guy is worried about the age of the guy that hosed his gf more than the fact that she hosed him or that he uploaded a video of it. Maybe he should talk to her about open relationships?

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Giving Dap, quick question.

quote:

Okay, so my boyfriend and I are good friends with all of the same people. Today he told me that I should start throwing dap to the guys instead of just yelling "later" when I leave. What do you guys/girls think of it? I'm unsure. I am a female, just to clarify.

edit: bonus

Boyfriend (26/F) is a minority. I (25/F) am white. How do we talk about racism?

quote:

My boyfriend is a minority and I am white. He frequently brings up topics of racism in society, racial violence, police brutality, even people protesting Beyonce performing at the Country Music Awards.
I don't know how to respond when he brings up these subjects. I feel like an idiot saying, "Yes, that terrible thing you just told me about is a terrible thing. People are bad and racist. Shame on them." Isn't that obvious? But I mean, what other possible response can I make?
I feel like he wants some kind of deeper response from me, something full of empathy and compassion that would show him I'm on his side, but I'm honestly at a loss. I've tried asking him how he wants me to respond when he talks about this stuff, but he can't give me anything concrete.
Maybe what he wants is emotional reassurance and it would help if I personalized it? "You sound upset. How does that news item make you feel?"
I have a lot of anxiety around the fact that it's people like me who are perpetrating these acts of violence and it's people like him who are the victims, so I get really awkward and self-conscious whenever these subjects come up, which doesn't help in coming up with a natural, compassionate response.
TLDR: what is the appropriate and compassionate response for me to make as a white person when my minority boyfriend wants to talk about racial violence?

how do let my bf know im not one of those white people, im one of the good ones????

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
Not to be a poo poo but even if the guy with the pedo ephephile friend's friend is a giant man baby there is still a quite problematic maturity and life placement issue with this and the guy is right to be put off, concerned, and creeped out. Friend of gross guy should, if the age of consent is older than 16 in his area, tell his friend it's creepy and to knock it off or he'll call the cops or, if the age of consent is 16 or less, inform the friend's parents and the gf's parents.

We are at a place in society now where, in most places, it is no longer cool to hook your 14 year old daughter up with 20+ year old guys (no matter how good it would make your relationship with France.) For better or for worse.

Edit: What the hell is Dap?

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Jenner posted:

Not to be a poo poo but even if the guy with the pedo ephephile friend's friend is a giant man baby there is still a quite problematic maturity and life placement issue with this and the guy is right to be put off, concerned, and creeped out. Friend of gross guy should, if the age of consent is older than 16 in his area, tell his friend it's creepy and to knock it off or he'll call the cops or, if the age of consent is 16 or less, inform the friend's parents and the gf's parents.

We are at a place in society now where, in most places, it is no longer cool to hook your 14 year old daughter up with 20+ year old guys (no matter how good it would make your relationship with France.) For better or for worse.

like, dapping someone. you take your fist and bump it into theirs gramps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjtUx4-UqV8

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Jenner posted:

dignity and pride

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

kazr posted:

dignity and pride

Like goons and redditors know what those are.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I hope that gay dude and that straight dude get gay married

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy
Awkward daughter naming issue between cousins (34Fs)

quote:

Kinda silly problem but it's causing a rift in the family. I have a cousin who has 4 kids from age 3 to 15. She's single. All boys. I am pregnant for the first time, and it's a girl, I've been married 12 years, we went through fertility treatment. We were close growing up, we are the same age (2 days apart) but she moved away to a different city with her first partner and now I only see her maybe twice a year at family occasions. We still chat at those but not really outside of them.
So I decided on the name for my daughter - it was a no brainer, the name of my grandmother. I was very close to her (I lived with her and my mum from birth to around 10 years before we got our own place, and then she babysat me daily), and she was always desperate for her first great granddaughter. Although she has passed now - 8 years ago - it just felt right to me to honor her name and the great memories I have of her by passing it on. I told my mum and she thought it was great.
Problem is my mum told my aunt (my cousins mum) and apparently an entire mental breakdown occured of some sort because my cousin is still hoping to have a girl and had her heart set on the same name. Apparently she has wanted to use that name since the beginning but always had boys. She's not actively trying for kids right now and doesn't know when she will be trying in the future, as she already has 4, and is single. She had never mentioned this to anyone else in the family so I had no way of knowing.
So now I'm being told I can't use that name because my cousin has essentially reserved it indefinitely and it's really upsetting/disappointing me because I guess I had really begun thinking of this child as that name, my husband and I even refer to her as it and not "the future baby". This is the only child we are going to be able to have. The fertility treatment and the hospital care now have been extremely taxing on me - I know I will not be able to do this twice. And my cousin may never have another child, and it may not be a girl. None of my cousins boys are named after family members so it's not a tradition for her or anything. My aunt and my cousin are threatening to never have anything to do with our family again if I "steal" her name. My other cousins said I should just stop "causing drama" and think of a new name.
I'm sorry that she's disappointed she can't use the name but if she had a daughter first and used the name I would understand and respect it. I would never have asked her not to name a child because I might have one in the future with that same name. What would you do? I don't want to hurt anyone but I'm really upset by the fact that most of my family seem to think I should just back down so she doesn't get upset.
tl;dr: 2 cousins want to name their daughters the same (after grandmother). I'm pregnant with a girl and didn't know she wanted to use the name before deciding on it. She is single with 4 boys, no plans for more kids right now but wants to "reserve" the name indefinitely for her. Family say just pick another name so not to cause drama. I'm upset and feel like I have the right to use this name, but should I just back down?

God I pray I never have to deal with family drama this petty and selfish.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Anony Mouse posted:

Awkward daughter naming issue between cousins (34Fs)

God I pray I never have to deal with family drama this petty and selfish.

They are cousins, so their kids will be second cousins, third cousins? There's absolutely no reason they can't both use the name. :psyduck:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That is one of those "if this is the biggest problem in your life count your lucky loving stars and shut up" issues. I hope reddit is tearing them a new rear end in a top hat for it (I know they aren't).

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
I was hoping to use either of my Grandma's names for our potential girl baby, but then my mum got 2 Scottie dogs and used both the names..I was a bit annoyed but as I'd never expressed any intention to her that I might wanna use them I let it go. And we're having a boy anyway. :baby:

That cousin sounds awful and I would just name my kid whatever the name was anyway, it's not even like they meet up that often by the sounds of it.

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot
Lmao at that white girl. 'As a human being i deeply respect and feel for your sentiments with regards to racial issues."

What in the hell? How hard is it to show some empathy? You dont have to say anything at all. Saying something in a robot-voiced manner like "i understand your pain, those thing are totally not good" makes me think that she actually kinda doesn't care. Or maybe her bf complains about racial issues all the time, 24/7, which gets annoying.

You don't have to say anything, just show some empathy. Jesus white people.

Edit:
She is a woman too, she should have more than enough examples of men being dicks to her to be able to use that experience to relate to her boyfriend.

Curdy Lemonstan fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Nov 3, 2016

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

Lmao at that white girl. 'As a human being i deeply respect and feel for your sentiments with regards to racial issues."

What in the hell? How hard is it to show some empathy? You dont have to say anything at all. Saying something in a robot-voiced manner like "i understand your pain, those thing are totally not good" makes me think that she actually kinda doesn't care. Or maybe her bf complains about racial issues all the time, 24/7, which gets annoying.

You don't have to say anything, just show some empathy. Jesus white people.

Edit:
She is a woman too, she should have more than enough examples of men being dicks to her to be able to use that experience to relate to her boyfriend.

Treating women with respect is so effective it feels like cheating, sometimes.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

"We [48m and 47f posted:

think our son [16m] has started smoking weed"]We have been together for about 21 years and we have four kids [16M-15M-12F-9F]. The oldest E is in last year of high school and a pretty good football player. Academics is a lot harder for him as he is not really motivated and doesn't put in the efforts needed to succeed. It will be a miracle if he does indeed graduate next spring. Since his high school football "career" is now over, we are concerned that he won't even make it to the end of school year, let alone continue his education further. Some colleges (well not really colleges, it's a different school system where we live) have shown interest in him to go play for them next year. He seems to be interested in going to one "division 1" school and the coach has contacted E and wants to meet him with us present.

He has attended many parties with his football teammates and has also started going to parties with people from a different crowd. We have allowed him to bring alcohol to those parties and he always seemed to be somewhat reasonable, of course we weren't there with him but when we would go get him the next day where he had slept, he never seemed to be too hungover, and he always talked about the party and we thought he was telling us pretty much everything. He even told a story to his mother about something that happened with a girl, something I would never have told my mother when I was his age.

Anyway, there was a party where we had to go pick him up about an hour after we'd left him at the party because, he told us people were smoking weed and he didn't feel comfortable because he didn't smoke. As an athlete, we had always told him that smoking weed - or whatever else - was pretty much incompatible with sports.

This past monday, when E and his brother F (the 15 year old) - they don't go to the same school but they take the same bus - got home, we saw that F wasn't feeling well, he initially told us that he was just tired - he's in a sports program at his school too.

Turns out F had overheard E talking with friends about weed on the bus but since there's a lot of noise on the bus, F wasn't sure exactly what was said. E did ask F if he had heard what was said and threatened to "beat F up" if he told us. F did tell his mother and was really freaked out by the fact that his older brother has probably started using weed. My wife was really freaked out also and went into panic mode. She remembered an incident where she went to the kitchen a while back - E was in there - and said she smelled weed. E told her "You see drugs everywhere" and remembering this kind of confirmed that there might be something to this weed thing. E did tell F that there was indeed weed in the house that time in the kitchen.

Back to this past monday my wife is in tears and can barely function normally. E wants to show us the highlights of his last football game - all games are filmed and available on the internet the following monday. I convince my wife to come check it out as she is in our bed crying. She finds the courage to watch the game with us.

I guess i'm looking for advice on how to handle the situation. I'm obviously disappointed that my son has started using but I would want to talk to him about it without him hating his brother. I'm not freaking out as much as my wife is, I never took drugs in my life but I'm not against him trying teenager things as long as it doesn't take control of his life. Fact is, he lied to us about not taking drugs and I guess he has been using his pocket money to buy it. We don't give him much but typing this, I realize that there were times when we were surprised he didn't have anymore money.

F has told us today that E asked him if he had told on him, to which F replied "no". E told him "Then why was Mom so upset the other day ?" F told E to leave him alone. But E did sense something was wrong with his mother this past monday.

So Reddit, what do you think ?

TL;DR I think my 16 year old son has started smoking weed. Has threatened his brother if he tells. Wife freaking out, I don't know what to do.

EDIT : Thanks to all who commented on my story

Some clarifications

I think he would have tried drinking anyway, with us telling him it's okay, we at least have some sort of control when we buy him what he wants to drink

He doesn't drive yet

He's almost 17 (he will be on december 15)

We've never had to go to the hospital or go pick him passed out -He has been seeing a social worker at his school since before we found out about the weed experimenting. He's seeing her to help deal with his lack of motivation at school

What I think we should remember is that drinking can have in some cases worse consequences than smoking a little weed.

We have to remain calm and realize that he's at the experimenting stage.

Thank You !

I'm the mother crying in bed because my teenaged son smoked pot who heroically finds the strength to watch a best of reel of his football game.

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:
for a good while i would scroll past post titles from /r/JUSTNOMIL and I thought it was some kind of meta thing like r/fifthworldpics or some other literal nonsense because the post titles are absolutely impossible to parse. Every loving thing is some stupid acronym or some sarcastic name.

Look at these loving titles and tell me they were not made by a chatbot in beta testing:

Won't anyone think of the metaphorical children? (So they don't have to see the grown men sleeping in close proximity. That'll turn them gay.) [Extra Long.]
Cebolla the Onion MIL receives a letter from SO - WHAT SHE TRULY WANTED - and then goes silent.
Fmil and the Month I Barely Existed (Bec)
These DH's who think they're "in the middle"... Advice?
I come bearing a gift of a term I think you ladies will appreciate -- "Golden Uterus Complex"
So now DD2 is Cinderella

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDJIFu_WSaE

Don Draper set a good example. Just give your boyfriend a long, laden-with-meaning hug.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Charles Get-Out posted:

I (27M) had drunken gay sex with my straight best friend (27M) and now I don't know what to do. Advice and similar experiences appreciated.

edit: oops wrong one

The comments are gold.

"I'm not homophobic, but it's impossible for gay men and straight men to form deep friendships."

"This barely relevant comment lets me point out how RAGINGLY STRAIGHT I AM in CAPITALS."

I wonder what OP did to put himself back in the closet?

Watching dudes justify their straightness is p hilarious tbh

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Tiny Deer posted:

I'm the mother crying in bed because my teenaged son smoked pot who heroically finds the strength to watch a best of reel of his football game.
Why should she watch the highlights when she already knows the ending? He wins the game, gets the girl, and then dies in a tragic weed-related car accident that kills the entire team.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nondescript Van posted:

These DH's who think they're "in the middle"... Advice?

Man, I feel for this. It's like, why are you even in the lineup at all if they're putting you fifth or sixth in the order and you're not even on the field defensively? Just ask for a trade at that point IMO.

hi I stayed up really late last night watching baseball

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I love everything about this one.

My [19F] two (now ex) partners [21F][35M] want me to pay them for possibly giving them an STD.

quote:

This is very difficult for me to explain, and I'm not exactly feeling rational, so please excuse me if this all comes out as a ramble.
Recently my two partners have been tested positive for chlamydia. They began to show signs around the same time of each other, while I didn't show any symptoms. Despite that I still went to the doctors although I have yet to get my results yet.
Although my partners, L and J, are polyamorous and practice BDSM (meaning they sleep with a number of people, without protection) they both insist that it was me that gave them the chlamydia. I cannot dispute that outright as there is a possibility. But one woman J slept with right before they started having symptoms keeps dancing around the subject of getting tested. She keeps putting it off or making excuses.
L unfortunately, due to the infection, was diagnosed with pelvic inflammatory. She is worried she will be infertile forever.
Because of everything going on, the stress and the lovely situation, L has asked me to pay a large sum of money to both her and J. Not altogether, but each. I am talking upwards of $100. She says this is the only way I can begin to rebuild her trust.
My only setback is... how do they know that I was the one who gave it to them? If I were to have been the one to give it to them, they would have been showing signs much, much earlier, wouldn't they? They both started getting the symptoms at the same exact time, a couple days after introducing a new girl into the relationship. But they've completely put the entire blame on me. Despite the fact that J sees other girls without condoms, and never once asked if I was clean or tested before so I assume he doesn't with other girls. I should mention that I haven't slept with either of them since they saw the new girl as I was on vacation.
J has been a little rational in this, but L is livid with me. I am close to quitting my job over this. My suicidal ideation is through the roof.
TL;DR: Ex-partners want me to pay them compensation for possibly giving them chlamydia. I'm not even sure if I have it, yet alone gave it to them. I don't know what to do.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Lockback posted:

My [19F] two (now ex) partners [21F][35M] want me to pay them for possibly giving them an STD.

This poor naive girl. I hope people are telling her how stupid it is to have unprotected sex with them and that they're scamming her.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Lockback posted:

*The sound of a deep and fulfilling belly laugh*

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lockback posted:

This is like the sexual equivalent of those guys who throw themselves in front of your car and then demand you give them all the money you have on you or they'll take you to court

like, even if she did give them chlamydia, which it sounds like she definitely didn't, why should she pay them $120 each or whatever for that :psyduck: Like, not the cost of treatment, not the cost of a nice apology dinner, but a specific dollar amount which is more than she can comfortably pay but isn't enough to actually help in any way. It's just such an oddly specific requirement that it doesn't sound like it could be anything other than a scam.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Lockback posted:

Wait for the results, dumbass.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Gaunab posted:

This poor naive girl. I hope people are telling her how stupid it is to have unprotected sex with them and that they're scamming her.

Yeah the advice is basically call them lovely people then :sever:

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

quote:

and practice BDSM (meaning they sleep with a number of people, without protection)

I really don't think that's what "bdsm" stands for?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ghosthorse posted:

I really don't think that's what "bdsm" stands for?

I just looked it up in this dictionary I have right here and it says it stands for "being disease-spreading monsters" so yeah I dunno what to tell you :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirtbag Diva
May 27, 2005

Lockback posted:

Ugh, BDSM "culture". Knew a girl around that age that got really defensive when you'd point out her partners were all in their 40s and 50s and how it seemed kinda exploitative and she would just call us "vanilla" or whatever Dan Savage calls normies and then one dude spent over $2K on an Alice in Wonderland costume for her to wear to the bar when they went out. It was like that old Batman cartoon episode, only much creepier somehow.

This was also from pages back but I don't check the forums at night but to clarify - I think it's hosed up to do anything without someone's consent and that includes uploading sex tapes of them but I can let that drop since it looks like I was in the minority on that.