Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

greatn posted:

Multi plat means multi platform. Those games are 3ds exclusive.

I wonder if some of those games remain nintendo exclusive after they start getting made with hd assets that could be brought to other platforms. Having 3ds at such a low res made production cheap and kept a lot of games exclusive id figure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Eldred posted:

Beating a dead horse at this point but also Witcher 3, Stardew Valley, Journey. Really video games now are better than they've ever been

Some really good old school RPGs too, like Pillars of Eternity and Shadowrun Hong Kong

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Waltzing Along posted:

4 & 32 gigs of RAM, huh?

loving LOL. Guess it will be Nintendo all the way down again. No multi-plats.

Good example of someone who doesn't know the difference between RAM and storage trying to demonstrate their expertise in hardware to us

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

whaley posted:

Good example of someone who doesn't know the difference between RAM and storage trying to demonstrate their expertise in hardware to us

not technically wrong when you can download RAM on the switch

you can even download it on the go, without wi-fi, using any electrical outlet

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Will the Switch be the device that finally lets me pirate a car?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

loving unfortunately no, it only lets you pirate Karts.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Still kind of amazed that Nintendo's big hail mary is a faster Vita without a D-pad

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

Still kind of amazed that Nintendo's big hail mary is a faster Vita without a D-pad

still kind of amazed that sony's big hail mary is a black rectangle

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Still kan't believe that Microsoft brought Mortal Kombat's Scorpion to life and he's now dragging every PS4 and Wii U owner into hell.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

wicka posted:

still kind of amazed that sony's big hail mary is a black rectangle

Aren't you the guy who had a sperg meltdown over last-gen versions of Madden?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

aren't you the guy who's dumb

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Real hurthling! posted:

I wonder if some of those games remain nintendo exclusive after they start getting made with hd assets that could be brought to other platforms. Having 3ds at such a low res made production cheap and kept a lot of games exclusive id figure

I think this is inevitable. The lack of gimmick makes it more likely too. It would be kinda dumb business-wise for a third party not to port Switch games to other platforms.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

wicka posted:

aren't you the guy who's dumb

No, you're thinking of someone else.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Top bantz in the Switch thread

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
My hope is that in three years or so there'll be a SwitchGo or somesuch, which is the Switch hardware + better battery life crammed into a 3DS style clamshell and the whole library available for download, because the concept of the Switch we got seems as dumb as my balls.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It's been too long since there's been a Super Gameboy/Gameboy Player equivalent.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Phantasium posted:

It's been too long since there's been a Super Gameboy/Gameboy Player equivalent.

So many Gameboy Players, so few discs

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

TheScott2K posted:

lol

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
nintendo laying it all on the line by making a video game playing machine.... what are they thinking............???

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

pretty, pretty baffled by the people asking for a nintendo PS4

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

wicka posted:

pretty, pretty baffled by the people asking for a nintendo PS4

I argued this point with SMD on a few of his videos. Nintendo knew better than to try and re-buy into the current generation by being a latecomer to the hardware fight. Especially when that shrinking market is all but snapped up.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
on the one hand a nintendo ps4 is bad but on the other, is anyone itt planning roof Switch parties with all their girlfriends

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

idk how you can look back on the "success" of the N64 and gamecube and suggest that the way forward for nintendo is to match sony and microsoft on hardware specs and do nothing to differentiate their product

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

TheScott2K posted:

No, you're thinking of someone else.

I am the dumb guy, and also the guy who hopes they make a good space sim for the Switch so I can stop channeling my hopes and dreams into Elite Dangerous's black hole of futility.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I can't wait to steal the switch out of kids room to play zelda in my own space.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blazing Zero posted:

on the one hand a nintendo ps4 is bad but on the other, is anyone itt planning roof Switch parties with all their girlfriends

I'm consistently baffled by people insisting that no one plays video games with their friends

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Nintendo Karen(where did she get that name?) is weird. From the way she walks, the way she waves out of the window, the way she grabs her friends arm when she gets to the party, it all screams "not a human".

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Blazing Zero posted:

No, because I don't want them to find out about each other.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Blazing Zero posted:

It will probably be a backyard bbq, but we can still string up lights like in the commercial because the people who owned the house before my friend bought it were amateur winemakers and left their trellises up.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

greatn posted:

Nintendo Karen(where did she get that name?) is weird. From the way she walks, the way she waves out of the window, the way she grabs her friends arm when she gets to the party, it all screams "not a human".

Is that not-Amelie?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Blazing Zero posted:

I plan on taking mine to the basketball court, and after some time playing basketball with my friends I will say "basketball friends, let's stop playing real basketball and instead spend time playing local multiplayer video game basketball with simplified controls using my Nintendo Switch."

My basketball friends will then ask if my Nintendo plays Goldeneye, and I will inform them that it does not. I will not be invited to subsequent basketball outings.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Those are called basketballings.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Blazing Zero posted:

I'm married so no, but maybe with my wife

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Huh, there are rumors that suggest the next Monster Hunter isn't coming to the Switch. Allegedly Sony paid a zillion yen to Capcom for PS4 exclusivity because - unlike in the rest of the world - there hasn't been a killer app for the Japanese market. And Monster Hunter would fit that bill. The rumor also says the contract specifically excludes Nintendo's Switch, so the new Monster Hunter could be ported to the XBone and PC if need be. This fits with interviews about Capcom wanting to capture the western audiences, so they're thinking of adapting the series to our tastes.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The Switch is the first official French New Wave console

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
That post made more sense after the Amelie one

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rexroom posted:

Huh, there are rumors that suggest the next Monster Hunter isn't coming to the Switch. Allegedly Sony paid a zillion yen to Capcom for PS4 exclusivity because - unlike in the rest of the world - there hasn't been a killer app for the Japanese market. And Monster Hunter would fit that bill. The rumor also says the contract specifically excludes Nintendo's Switch, so the new Monster Hunter could be ported to the XBone and PC if need be. This fits with interviews about Capcom wanting to capture the western audiences, so they're thinking of adapting the series to our tastes.

They aren't porting a 3DS game to the PS4

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Rexroom posted:

If Capcom wants to capture western audiences they should try making good console games or actually finishing Street Fighter V.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

amelie is very good and i'm going to watch it again tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

whaley posted:

I know exactly the difference, but I neglected to add & storage after RAM.

Either way, it's a pathetic amount for even a last gen system.

Nintendo needs to stop insisting on selling consoles at a profit and focus on making a console that is powerful enough to compete and reap the rewards later.

• Locked thread