Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The Jersey Turnpike takes you on a 4 hour scenic tour of every craphole industrial city in NJ so thats what pretty much everyone sees. Most of NJ is farmland and rolling hills of forest.

Philadelphia and NYC both cause some pretty big urban sprawl in the Northeast and Southwest but for the most part living here is pretty great and convenient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

South Jersey burbs >>>>>>>>>>>>> Pennsylvania burbs for philly. Like, not even remotely close. Nicer people, roads, better shopping...Just avoid East Philly (Camden).

this is literally the first time in history that anyone has claimed southern New Jersey has better roads than anywhere.

Nobody eats litgle caesars rofl, if anything we have better pizza than you

haha, oh ok I get it now. you're trolling.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
All aboard the Bryce Treggs :bandwagon: Eagles fans!

https://twitter.com/jclarkcsn/status/793849841843449856

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
for as often as they go downfield, they might as well practice hiding the ball in your jersey, or Carson pretending not to hear the call from the sideline

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Free Ochocinco

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Browns assistant WR coach.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
The only Eagles way is a rollercoaster season with "Yup, season is done." followed shortly by "OH poo poo WE DOING THISSSS". We can't ever just get by so easy.

Wildcard, here we come, bitches.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Who the hell is Bryce Treggs and can he catch things on top of being fast

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yodzilla posted:

Who the hell is Bryce Treggs and can he catch things on top of being fast
Led the PAC12 in YPC (8th in FBS) his senior year. Hands are OK. Good route runner. Other than that it's a lot of unknown, and I wouldn't expect a whole lot.

I hope they target him at least once, because it would be nice to have at least the threat of stretching the field.

Also, am I the only one that's not on the Paul Turner train?

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

shyduck posted:

Led the PAC12 in YPC (8th in FBS) his senior year. Hands are OK. Good route runner. Other than that it's a lot of unknown, and I wouldn't expect a whole lot.

I hope they target him at least once, because it would be nice to have at least the threat of stretching the field.

Also, am I the only one that's not on the Paul Turner train?

I'd like Doug to pull a page out of post 2004 Andy Reid era and run a play fake to Matthews with DGB and Treggs running go routes and just chuck it deep, first play of the game.

I'm not on the Paul Turner train at all.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Nobody eats litgle caesars rofl, if anything we have better pizza than you

There's this weird inferiority complex that people get when they move to New Jersey where they start claiming everything is the best thing ever. Best Pizza ever! Best Cheesesteaks ever! Best Hoagies ever! And it's kind of embarrassing because it's never true.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

NotWearingPants posted:

There's this weird inferiority complex that people get when they move to New Jersey where they start claiming everything is the best thing ever. Best Pizza ever! Best Cheesesteaks ever! Best Hoagies ever! And it's kind of embarrassing because it's never true.
My girlfriend is from NJ and I can confirm this is a thing even from non-transplants. She's also a Giants fan. Sunday will be fun!!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
sounds like a lot of butt hurt non new jerseyian non giants fans here acting like we dont actually got the best pizza ever

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

:siren:one more post about regionchat and this thread is kaput.:siren:

This thread is for football discussion of the NFC East.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Doltos posted:

sounds like a lot of butt hurt non new jerseyian non giants fans here acting like we dont actually got the best pizza ever

Of course you do, Pizza Hut is everywhere. :troll:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

gently caress you Doltos!!!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I was going to re-open the thread soon anyway

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Of course you do, Pizza Hut is everywhere. :troll:

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

My opinion about Josh Huff is that he's bad at football and I'm glad he's gone

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
My opinion is that the Cowboys are cool and good but I'm worried they're gonna trip up tomorrow.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

My opinion is that the Cowboys are cool and good but I'm worried they're gonna trip up tomorrow.

yeah im sure the 31st ranked run defense is going to stuff league-leading rusher Ezekiel Elliot

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

blue squares posted:

yeah im sure the 31st ranked run defense is going to stuff league-leading rusher Ezekiel Elliot

My fear doesn't take stats into account. It's all gut feeling, and typically the Cowboys scare me the most when everyone has them pegged to win no problem. I don't mind being called crazy/idiotic over this, though.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
The NFC East teams not from Philadelphia need to start losing.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

blue squares posted:

gently caress you Doltos!!!

Im going to leave the other thread open as a warning just in case you try acting up again

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

paternity suitor posted:

My opinion about Josh Huff is that he's bad at football and I'm glad he's gone

He was a really good kickoff returner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVrsGHs2MCk&t=202s

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Yodzilla posted:

The NFC East teams not from Philadelphia need to start losing.

The Eagles are 0-2 against the division.

They are going to be 4-2 :smug:

I think they can beat the Giants anywhere, and home field advantage will be enough to make the difference in the rematches against the Redskins and Cowboys.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The Eagles don't have a home field advantage

blue squares fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 5, 2016

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow - no living and dying with every down, just rooting against the rest of y'all (or, a tie in one of the games, I guess? ) and enjoying the Red Zone channel. Bye week came at a good time.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Eagles and Giants posters: This game is for #2 in the division, which I think will be really important for whoever hopes to catch and pass Dallas if the Cowboys stumble. So, what are your keys to the game?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Lane Johnson is an idiot and home field advantage is back now that the defense is back.

Eagles keys: Sack Eli. Don't drop passes.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

It's the same deal as always for the Giants against the Eagles, it'll come down to how their OL plays. The Eagles defense for the past few years has been good to very good against the pass and mediocre to very bad against the run. Teams with NFL caliber offensive lines can slow the Eagles' pass rush considerably by running between the B gaps against them and at least putting the idea of the run in the back of their very good DL's heads. The Giants can't run on anyone and haven't been able to in over 5 years. The Saints completely shut down their shotgun inside trap runs with 6 in the box. The Saints.

So the Giants' complete inability to take advantage of the Eagles' defensive weaknesses allows them to just tee off on Eli all game. The Giants OL has been amongst the worst in the league week in and week out for years, but they seem to save their most gutless performances for these Eagle games. They'll rush 4 and drop 7 with 2 very deep safeties all game and it'll be up to the Giant tight ends (not the recently benched Larry Donnell, progress) and random running backs to get open and force them to change that coverage. The Giants haven't been able to do that for years because they're really bad at both of those positions and so a very basic gameplan shuts them down. I'm hoping the bye week allowed the Giants to have some serious self scouting and change personnel and playcalling up quite a bit but I doubt they've been able to change too much.

On defense the Giants matchup well if they can get all 3 of their starting corners in the game. I don't know how healthy they are out of the bye but if Jenkins/DRC/Apple all play moderately well then it mostly comes down to preventing big plays and making the Eagles' have long drives down the field. Oh and please don't give up any special teams' touchdowns.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The key will be for people to catch the ball

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

shyduck posted:

The key will be for people to catch the ball

gently caress scoring points

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Iodised QQ posted:

The Eagles defense for the past few years has been good to very good against the pass and mediocre to very bad against the run.

Uh, are you sure you didn't reverse this?

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Uh, are you sure you didn't reverse this?

yeah

this year, the Eagles' defense -

Passing - 9th in yards per attempt against, 3rd in sacks, 5th in quarterback rating against
Rushing - 27th in yards per carry against

last year

Passing - 11th in yards per attempt against, 17th in sacks, 18th in quarterback rating against
Rushing - 28th in yards per carry against

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Iodised QQ posted:

yeah

this year, the Eagles' defense -

Passing - 9th in yards per attempt against, 3rd in sacks, 5th in quarterback rating against
Rushing - 27th in yards per carry against

last year

Passing - 11th in yards per attempt against, 17th in sacks, 18th in quarterback rating against
Rushing - 28th in yards per carry against

That doesn't make any sense at all when I remember Maxwell, Williams, et al being burned every single play and Cox just eating guys at the line

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Iodised QQ posted:

It's the same deal as always for the Giants against the Eagles, it'll come down to how their OL plays. The Eagles defense for the past few years has been good to very good against the pass and mediocre to very bad against the run. Teams with NFL caliber offensive lines can slow the Eagles' pass rush considerably by running between the B gaps against them and at least putting the idea of the run in the back of their very good DL's heads. The Giants can't run on anyone and haven't been able to in over 5 years. The Saints completely shut down their shotgun inside trap runs with 6 in the box. The Saints.

So the Giants' complete inability to take advantage of the Eagles' defensive weaknesses allows them to just tee off on Eli all game. The Giants OL has been amongst the worst in the league week in and week out for years, but they seem to save their most gutless performances for these Eagle games. They'll rush 4 and drop 7 with 2 very deep safeties all game and it'll be up to the Giant tight ends (not the recently benched Larry Donnell, progress) and random running backs to get open and force them to change that coverage. The Giants haven't been able to do that for years because they're really bad at both of those positions and so a very basic gameplan shuts them down. I'm hoping the bye week allowed the Giants to have some serious self scouting and change personnel and playcalling up quite a bit but I doubt they've been able to change too much.

On defense the Giants matchup well if they can get all 3 of their starting corners in the game. I don't know how healthy they are out of the bye but if Jenkins/DRC/Apple all play moderately well then it mostly comes down to preventing big plays and making the Eagles' have long drives down the field. Oh and please don't give up any special teams' touchdowns.

Thanks for the detailed post!

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

big pass plays stand out more in general than just being ground up at a demoralizing 5 yards per carry

The other NFC East teams do well against the eagles because they can run well enough (cowboys obviously very well) to at least get guys like Cox/Barwin/Graham a little off balance. So it allows them to get some semblance of a passing game going. Defensive coordinators also tend to overcompensate to stop running games by bringing extra men into the box and giving more one on one matchups. You probably won't see any of that against the Giants today

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
JEsus Steelers are grabbing the poo poo out of our facemasks today...in some alternate dimension where both teams are in the NFC east it's really weird.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Nov 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kawalimus posted:

JEsus Steelers are grabbing the poo poo out of our facemasks today

oh yeah?

• Locked thread