Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

treu posted:

And when that happens I don't cast my next ballot for them. What is so hard to understand here?

Because you're an idiot who voted in a fascist and we have to suffer for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treu
Feb 18, 2011

by Smythe

Who What Now posted:

Trump will do literally nothing to bring those jobs here, and in fact will almost certainly protect companies shipping more jobs overseas. So great job, dumbass.

Remains to be seen. And when if/when it happens I will cast my next ballot for whoever addresses the issue.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

treu posted:

And when that happens I don't cast my next ballot for them. What is so hard to understand here?

Why would you think for a single second anything else was going to happen?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Radish posted:

I'm skeptical that there are tons of Obama voters that went Trump especially when he didn't get Romney level of popular support. It seems more likely that Obama voters in those districts just didn't show up while the Trump guys did. It's more of the absurd "how can this country be racists, we elected Obama TWICE" said by people that voted for McCaine and Romney.

They didn't. Eight million people stayed home.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

3 Tablets Daily posted:

Unless you're Syrian or Lebanese, we don't want you for some reason.

That's weird, because Lebanese are rather common in my city, if food service joints are any indication. :canada:

(I love falafels)

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

treu posted:

That you voted for mass execution of minorities in the streets by police officers, oppression of LGBT people, mass pumping of CO2 into the atmosphere, huge tax breaks to megacorps, and fascism, and somehow after that don't hate yourself.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Guy Goodbody posted:

Does Trump have the power to do that unilaterally, or does it have to go through congress?
What's it matter? It's not like there won't be bills to nuke it on his desk ASAP.

Edit: I wonder how well SALR is going to handle all the user highlights I've added due to this thread. Is there an upper limit to how many it can handle?

Harik fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 9, 2016

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

treu posted:

Remains to be seen. And when if/when it happens I will cast my next ballot for whoever addresses the issue.

Trump himself outsources manufacturing. How can you not have seen through such obvious lies. :psyduck:

treu
Feb 18, 2011

by Smythe

JawKnee posted:

Why do you think a billionaire business man who made a great deal of money outside of the US as a result of globalism - and a party with major support from the same such sources - would reverse the trends that globalism have incurred on your communities?

And now?

I am given the choice of a person who supported NAFTA who's husband caused the problem, or someone who took advantage of the trade situation to enrich himself.

I am all for using the system to your advantage as allowed by law. I am not in support of those who create the problem

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

treu posted:

Do you believe in Climate Science?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
If we get Newt Gingrich as head of Nasa we may get a moon base.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Who What Now posted:

Trump himself outsources manufacturing. How can you not have seen through such obvious lies. :psyduck:

He's a man.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Torpor posted:

Make old faithful the 18th hole.

Why would golfing be allowed on ExxonMobil sovereign land?

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

chumbler posted:

So while the climate and environment are clearly toast, we're headed to massive debt and an even worse recession, Russia conquering Europe and China conquering SE Asia, and voting rights burned, how would they go about challenging Roe v Wade (aside from TRAP laws) and Obergfell? Obviously they will try anything and everything, but I don't immediately see a clear way a case that challenges them could come up from the lower courts.

Well, if we join hands with Russia and China, we might get that one world government that the racists that voted against ironically enough.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Shortest Path posted:

That you voted for mass execution of minorities in the streets by police officers,

Wait, is this post ironic or not, I can't tell.

Our problem with police forces shooting people, while deplorable, is not a mass execution, seriously.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Hollismason posted:

Department of Education -- ?????????
Enviromental Protection Agency -- ?????
Trump has stated that he wants to get rid of the Department of Education and the Environmental Protection Agency. The Republican Party is generally on board with both of these things.

So, whoever it is, they'll just be there to dismantle it.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

treu posted:

I am given the choice of a person who supported NAFTA who's husband caused the problem, or someone who took advantage of the trade situation to enrich himself.

I am all for using the system to your advantage as allowed by law. I am not in support of those who create the problem

This doesn't really answer my question, though? Why do you believe Trump - given his personal enrichment as a product of that system - will suddenly turn on it?

treu
Feb 18, 2011

by Smythe

Trabisnikof posted:

Do you believe in Climate Science?

Yup, have a Masters' degree in the sciences field and fully understand the complexities.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

treu posted:

Why would he get rid of something that benefits him? Like did you taken even a single solitary second to think about your reasoning at all?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

treu posted:

the guy whos getting rich on out sourcing jobs will stop the out sourcing of jobs really makes u think

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

OWLS! posted:

Wait, is this post ironic or not, I can't tell.

Our problem with police forces shooting people, while deplorable, is not a mass execution, seriously.

:laffo: it's going to get so much worse under a full Republican government though.

We're going to start seeing cops murdering people every other day.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

OWLS! posted:

Yet.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Lightning Knight posted:

Do you really have to ask? :smithicide:

I'm sorry to be the one to inform you that trade deals will still be signed (worse deals now) and no tariffs will be raised. The Republican congress still has final say on those things.

The Chinese media is as close to ecstatic as they ever get about the Trump win. Goodbye Asia pivot, goodbye TPP, hello the regional superpower status that is China's birthright. :getin:

Bonus round: maybe we get to see increased Chinese investment! Heck, maybe in those national parks!

Two of my good buddies are Actual Party Members. Their immediate email response was basically "sucks to be a minority in America, but maybe we'll get to hang out more in the future now that our countries will carve up the Pacific and SE Asia between us as cordial imperial powers deserve. :3:"

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

treu posted:

Yup, have a Masters' degree in the sciences field and fully understand the complexities.

Then how could you support someone who will undo all global advancement thus far and openly denies the science?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Lightning Knight posted:

:laffo: it's going to get so much worse under a full Republican government though.

They have passed laws to not name officers involved, passed laws to withhold video evidence, passed laws not to need body cameras.
Now they can just pass a law to not mention cop caused deaths from now on.
Problem solved!

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
I mean, personally my open question to Trump supporters would be how anyone could elect a group that includes a young earth creationist in the VP role, but that's more of a 'you must be joking, yes'? type of question.

treu
Feb 18, 2011

by Smythe

Who What Now posted:

Why would he get rid of something that benefits him? Like did you taken even a single solitary second to think about your reasoning at all?
If he doesn't then he doesn't get the next ballot cast for him. Again you people seem to not read.

Trabisnikof posted:

Then how could you support someone who will undo all global advancement thus far and openly denies the science?

Not the reason I voted for him.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lightning Knight posted:

Hahahaha BLOOD IN THE STREETS.

Unlike you, my family actually were refugees from a country where mass executions were an actual thing, oh boy are you idiots

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
So in all of this craziness, I just have one question:

Exactly when was America great, decade wise, that we need to go back to it to make America great again?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

treu posted:

If he doesn't then he doesn't get the next ballot cast for him. Again you people seem to not read.

You don't have to take a bath in lava to know it's hot.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Crows Turn Off posted:

Trump has stated that he wants to get rid of the Department of Education and the Environmental Protection Agency. The Republican Party is generally on board with both of these things.

So, whoever it is, they'll just be there to dismantle it.

That's what I am thinking.

I can't even imagine what will happen if they get rid of both of these or destroy it from the inside.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

MechaX posted:

Exactly when was America great, decade wise, that we need to go back to it to make America great again?

Watch the documentary "Leave it to Beaver"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

treu posted:

When do you think the next time you get to cast a ballot is? Do you understand what can happen between now and then?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

MechaX posted:

The decade after a massive war devastated Europe.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

GreyjoyBastard posted:

The Chinese media is as close to ecstatic as they ever get about the Trump win. Goodbye Asia pivot, goodbye TPP, hello the regional superpower status that is China's birthright. :getin:

Bonus round: maybe we get to see increased Chinese investment! Heck, maybe in those national parks!

Two of my good buddies are Actual Party Members. Their immediate email response was basically "sucks to be a minority in America, but maybe we'll get to hang out more in the future now that our countries will carve up the Pacific and SE Asia between us as cordial imperial powers deserve. :3:"

We'll be signing trade deals with China then. I mean it doesn't matter who the Republicans willl find somebody.

happyhippy posted:

They have passed laws to not name officers involved, passed laws to withhold video evidence, passed laws not to need body cameras.
Now they can just pass a law to not mention cop caused deaths from now on.
Problem solved!

Don't forget police as a protected class from hate crimes.

OWLS! posted:

Hahahaha BLOOD IN THE STREETS.

Unlike you, my family actually were refugees from a country where mass executions were an actual thing, oh boy are you idiots

Good for you, that level of state sponsored murder is still something unseen in this country in generations.

treu
Feb 18, 2011

by Smythe

Who What Now posted:

When do you think the next time you get to cast a ballot is? Do you understand what can happen between now and then?

Pretty sure in 2 years when the midterm election comes up. Was this some sort of trick question?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

treu posted:

How can you claim to understand the impacts of climate change and then ignore them in the politicians you pick?

You can't just pretend that because you only voted for some litmus test that you didn't endorse the candidate with these other reprehensible and dire policies.

Why is trade policy more important than the impacts of climate change?

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

treu posted:

This right here is the proof that it wasn't the uneducated hicks out there that support racism and sexism, it was voters up and down the socioeconomic and educational spectrum.

They don't care about any of the hypocrisy of their positions. You're not telling them anything about Trump and Pence they didn't already know.

It was straight up FYGM, and whether that was motivated by racism, sexism, etc, is your guess.

But it was definitely motivated by being a deplorable bastard.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Who What Now posted:

good luck with 30 more years of a conservative supreme court. Worth it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

MechaX posted:

Pre-Civil War

• Locked thread