Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

LawfulWaffle posted:

Yes, the Democrats are going to be spoiled babies who prevent meaningful legislation with their control over....? The Supreme Court? No, GOP wouldn't let the president fill the empty position, and how the Dems don't have the power to prevent another right-wing SCOTUS. The House? Nope. Congress? Let me check my... no, they don't have that either. So that's the three branches of the government and the highest court in the nation under one historically backwards political party, but I guess the people with no leverage can act spoiled by being upset.

I admire your optimism, but Trump has surrounded himself with figures that represent, across the board, an affront to civil liberties and a long history of shoving their morals down their constituents throats. Giuliani's stop and frisk. Pence's pray the gay away. Christie's bridgegate. Cursory examples skimmed from the frothy top of scum now dividing America amoungst themselves. If you think that Trump won't make life more difficult for the majority of Americans, even poor white folks who will wear the hat for the next 4 years, I don't think you've been paying attention. America has entered it's orange phase and god only knows what it's going to look like on the other side.

Also, for people saying that Trump isn't a Republican so he'll be more moderate that expected: This would make more sense if anyone associated with Trump had even a whiff of liberal values. He might try to be a centrist, but his cabinet won't be. His Supreme Court picks won't be. It's red, red, red all the way down.

e: I'm meelllltttting. Meeellllting. What a world!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9da0wqVTucc

Maybe, but you're just guessing at this point. I'll start panicking once poo poo starts happening. Until then there's no use worrying about it because there's nothing any of us can do to stop it. The harsh reality is that the American people wanted it this way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Solice Kirsk posted:

The harsh reality is that the American people wanted it this way.

This is exactly how I felt about the Cubs winning

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Two of my nonwhite friends have already been hassled on the bus. And this in Seattle. Just wait.

Seattle is pretty close to the most racist city in America, Portland.

Maybe there are just more racists in the Pacific Northwest.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
All of the claims of racism are coming from blue states with an above-average % female population

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, Lowtax came down on the right side of this. It is important that D&D (which I loathe and never post in) tries to be an open forum and not just an echo chamber.

Yeah, Lowtax came down on the right side of this. It is important that D&D (which I enjoy and post in) tries to be an open forum and not just an echo chamber.

Seriously, what the gently caress. I was wondering why I couldn't find the damned thread after election day.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

FAROOQ posted:

All of the claims of racism are coming from blue states with an above-average % female population

Well, there's no racism in red states.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Krispy Kareem posted:

Seattle is pretty close to the most racist city in America, Portland.

lol, any other city in Oregon would have been more accurate

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

LawfulWaffle posted:

Well, there's no racism in red states.

more americans voted for hillary, so she won the racist vote.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

Gonna need some examples of people that have been hosed over by a Trump presidency before I start throwing gas on a fire. Nothings happened yet, and I doubt anything meaningful will. We've just got 4 years of crazy rhetoric to look forward to. And my guess is Democrats are gonna act as much the spoiled children as the Republicans did the last time.

They've already announced plans to gut the ACA. That directly effects my wife due to chronic illness. So there's an anecdote for you.

Or maybe it's schadenfreude for you. So I'm both derailing and providing content. You're welcome.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Hmm.. Well, he did say he was going to deliver "BREXIT plus plus plus".

The day after the Brexit vote, a Polish friend of ours was told by a neighbour that she should be packing her bags and getting out of the country.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The new Vice President is an open, vocal supporter of Conversion Therapy, and frankly I find that somewhat concerning.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

FuhrerHat posted:

This isn't why it happened and it is important that it isn't assumed to be.

Important to you, maybe.

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012

You are the poster this thread needs, thank you.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Hate crimes against gays also went up by 147% after Brexit

Don't worry, the hate crimes have come down to a more acceptable level for our government so everything is fine now ;)

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I hate crime

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

hanales posted:

They've already announced plans to gut the ACA. That directly effects my wife due to chronic illness. So there's an anecdote for you.

Or maybe it's schadenfreude for you. So I'm both derailing and providing content. You're welcome.

One positive is removing insurance coverage for 15 million people would hurt voters on both parties. It's easy to talk about getting rid of Obamacare. Following through is a whole other matter, especially for poor Red states where it'd hit their voters the hardest.

If I was a betting man I'd wager all those Red state Governors who wouldn't take Obama bucks to expand Medicaid rolls will take Trumpesos. If you expand Medicaid you take the poorest, sickest people off the Exchanges which makes those much more viable. And you change the program name to TrumpAids or something so he can take credit for fixing healthcare.

In short, you're probably going to get TrumpAids.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Krispy Kareem posted:

One positive is removing insurance coverage for 15 million people would hurt voters on both parties. It's easy to talk about getting rid of Obamacare. Following through is a whole other matter, especially for poor Red states where it'd hit their voters the hardest.

If I was a betting man I'd wager all those Red state Governors who wouldn't take Obama bucks to expand Medicaid rolls will take Trumpesos. If you expand Medicaid you take the poorest, sickest people off the Exchanges which makes those much more viable. And you change the program name to TrumpAids or something so he can take credit for fixing healthcare.

In short, you're probably going to get TrumpAids.

I have no idea what reality you live in where you think this might happen? Any such action for additional medicare/medicaid funding would need to come from (republican controlled) congress, and they haven't done it yet, and certainly won't do it now.

Governors of red states haven't ever cared about their poor (going back decades) and aren't about to start.

Obamacare is dead. Some blue states might implement a romneycare clone to try to cover their own populace, but that might take years of fighting (and state elections) to get implemented.

Have a preexisting condition? Half of America voted for you to suffer and probably die of it. Good luck.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

EoRaptor posted:

I have no idea what reality you live in where you think this might happen? Any such action for additional medicare/medicaid funding would need to come from (republican controlled) congress, and they haven't done it yet, and certainly won't do it now.

Governors of red states haven't ever cared about their poor (going back decades) and aren't about to start.

Obamacare is dead. Some blue states might implement a romneycare clone to try to cover their own populace, but that might take years of fighting (and state elections) to get implemented.

Have a preexisting condition? Half of America voted for you to suffer and probably die of it. Good luck.

Source your quotes

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Now for some schadenfreude from the orange side:

:laffo:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

EoRaptor posted:

Obamacare is dead.

Obamacare was already on hospice care. Back when it was passed in the first place, a lot of people said "Wait, this is fundamentally broken. You're never going to get enough young healthy people to buy insurance they don't need in order to cover the cost of healthcare for the old and sick, and the tax surcharge you hit them with if they don't is nowhere near big enough to get persuade them to do so. It's going to go into a downward spiral where more and more insurers decide to stop participating because they can't actually make any money."

And that's exactly what happened. Premiums for those insurers still participating in the exchanges are going up dramatically, in some cases doubling,. Which will in turn discourage more young healthy people from continuing to pay for policies they don't need, it's a positive feedback loop of broken suck. There is no chance that Obamacare was going to survive a Clinton presidency, either, because it is literally unsustainable. Things that can't be sustained won't be.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Phanatic posted:

Obamacare was already on hospice care. Back when it was passed in the first place, a lot of people said "Wait, this is fundamentally broken. You're never going to get enough young healthy people to buy insurance they don't need in order to cover the cost of healthcare for the old and sick, and the tax surcharge you hit them with if they don't is nowhere near big enough to get persuade them to do so. It's going to go into a downward spiral where more and more insurers decide to stop participating because they can't actually make any money."

And that's exactly what happened. Premiums for those insurers still participating in the exchanges are going up dramatically, in some cases doubling,. Which will in turn discourage more young healthy people from continuing to pay for policies they don't need, it's a positive feedback loop of broken suck. There is no chance that Obamacare was going to survive a Clinton presidency, either, because it is literally unsustainable. Things that can't be sustained won't be.

It's almost like it was designed by a right wing think tank :holy:

vvv The real schadenfreude is that we have RNs on both sides who instead of practicing healthcare and serving people are tasked with finding anything they can to inflate costs or deny payment. vvv

Gynocentric Regime has a new favorite as of 22:49 on Nov 10, 2016

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Health insurance is hosed with or without Obamacare. It's a chicken or the egg scenario. Is insurance so expensive because care is so expensive, or is care so expensive since providers can bilk the insurance companies?

We need a single payer system.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Leon Einstein posted:

Health insurance is hosed with or without Obamacare. It's a chicken or the egg scenario. Is insurance so expensive because care is so expensive, or is care so expensive since providers can bilk the insurance companies?

We need a single payer system.

Ya the single payer is going to be the patient if he can afford it. :laffo:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

firebeats posted:

would like to restate my plea that my ban reason show for the record that my toxx was the result of drunken incompetence and not shillbot solidarity

i mean I did the RAINN donation and everything :(

firebeats posted:

some of us were just drunk and forgot what thread we were in :(

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

BAN 11/10/16 03:40pm firebeats This guy specifically requested that I mention his deep love for Hillary Clinton in this ban reason. I get you. We're all disappointed, and I know that you more than almost anyone on these forums canvassed, called, and campaigned for Clinton. I'm sorry your hard work didn't pay off. Please take care of yourself, and never forget the friends you made fighting for what you believe in. It gets better. FactsAreUseless FactsAreUseless

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

EoRaptor posted:

I have no idea what reality you live in where you think this might happen?

Part delusion, part hope, part industry knowledge. Obamacare addressed coverage, but not cost. The Medicaid expansion would have helped (less uninsured in hospitals, less cost passed on to insurers) but you still have to decrease costs. There are ways to do it, but neither party wants to break with their interests.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Last I read Republicans are planning to gut a Medicaid even more (with block grants) so uh keep dreaming.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
gently caress you poors. :smuggo:

Have you tried being not poor?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

FAROOQ posted:

more americans voted for hillary, so she won the racist vote.

Actually a vast plurality and near majority of all eligible voters voted for no one.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
ELEVEN loving THOUSAND SHITHEADS voted for THAT GODDAMN STUPID GORILLA HARAMBE and I swear to god it makes my blood boil. Why the gently caress go to all the effort to actually go to the polls, then?

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.
Same reason you go to the polls and deliberately spoil your ballot. Dissatisfaction with the system, but acknowledgement of the civic duty of voting.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Malachite_Dragon posted:

ELEVEN loving THOUSAND SHITHEADS voted for THAT GODDAMN STUPID GORILLA HARAMBE and I swear to god it makes my blood boil. Why the gently caress go to all the effort to actually go to the polls, then?

http://www.snopes.com/harambe-15000-votes

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

https://youtu.be/2dHgeV9zMCI

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

The Prong Song posted:

That would be A-MAY-ZING.

I can't wait for the Trump administration to gently caress up our country so monumentally that he loses the re-election and people are so shocked we can get back to moderate politics, decisions of compromise mutual gain, again in this country.

the only presidents to not get 2 terms after fdr raised taxes or died. I don't for see him doing either.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
entirely possible trump won't get a second term because the country will no longer exist as we know it

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Malachite_Dragon posted:

*Air Bud referee looks through constitution*
"There's no rule that says a dead gorilla can't be elected president!"

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

I didn't vote Trump but these people need some of the scootyfrooty as at least there is some:

http://imgur.com/a/TlED8

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
If you guys haven't checked the leper colony yet, do so now.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Maybe the Bernie Army should have also spent election night eating beans so they could have farted up the Javits Center when Florida/Ohio/Pennsylvania/etc were called

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

DeusExMachinima posted:

If you guys haven't checked the leper colony yet, do so now.

All the money made when these users re-register will keep our forums running for another year.

Trump saved Something Awful.