System Message

Secondary database maintenance is underway. Some features will be briefly unavailable.
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Apparently you lose your avatar if you get banned so I need a cool new avatar of something from the Popplio line, tia

have you considered alolan persian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Use this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

cheetah7071 posted:

Apparently you lose your avatar if you get banned so I need a cool new avatar of something from the Popplio line, tia

Crop from this

E: Incidentally that's my face whenever people hate on Primarina :colbert:

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

cheetah7071 posted:

allow me to post every good picture of popplio there is:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Ruggington posted:

The Second Babenest Pocket Monster's character is:

:eyepop:💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦

I prefer this interpretation myself.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

AlphaKretin posted:

Crop from this

E: Incidentally that's my face whenever people hate on Primarina :colbert:

This is amazing

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i always had faith in my man popplio

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Ruggington posted:

The Second Babenest Pocket Monster's character is:

:eyepop:💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦

He's not going to try to save the kids is he?
Because his heart is in the right place but he's pretty bad at it.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Morality System in place: You can visit your mom often times as you get Fly early on. Failing to visit her will result in harder and harder battles.

After Beating the Champion:

Mom: WHY HAVEN'T YOU VISITED!?

Mother Mom wants to battle:
Level 100 Salamence
Level 100 Dragonite
Level 100 Volcarona
Level 100 Metagross
Level 100 Hydreigon
Level 100 Mega Tyranitar

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Nov 12, 2016

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

HoneyBoy posted:

it's SM! like it's always been!

RBY
GSC etc.

This

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Captain Fargle posted:

Xerneas is also an absolutely unbelievable horror if it manages to get Z-Geomancy off. +1 Attack +1 Def +3 Sp. Attack, + 3 Sp. Def, +3 Speed. You have to spend a turn charging but sweet merciful Satan have pity on anything trying to stand in it's way afterwards.

So how does Geomancy and Mat Block sound for a combo? I dunno what Greninja's utility would be after the fact, though.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

oddium posted:

it's sumo, cheers

Change not approved, it's SM. Only imbeciles say SuMo :downs:

Captain Fargle posted:

Just want to point out that speed changes means Mega Ray is even more unstoppable now. Nothing new in Gen 7 to knock it off its throne, even gimmicky stuff like Pyukumuku.

What about Z-Geomancy Xerneas

less laughter fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Nov 12, 2016

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

less laughter posted:

What about Z-Geomancy Xerneas

That would prevent Xerneas from doing anything else for 2 turns, compared to Power Herb Geomancy only taking 1 turn to set up. Could be powerful, but also very risky. But setting up a Z-Geomancy in Mega Ray's face is just suicidal.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Nov 12, 2016

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Whyyyyy does Festival Plaza not have the always-online functionality of the PSSsssss

also what determines when a new person comes to the plaza, anyways

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Nessa posted:

That saddens me. I loved triples. I did all my Battle Maison stuff in triples with two flyers and a Tyrantrum in the middle.

I can't figure out why they would ditch this and keep rotation. unless they got rid of rotation too. I used a Trick room with Volcarona redirecting in the center. Either Redirect and set up Trick Room or Heat Wave and burn everything while setting up Trick Room. Worked pretty well.

that ivy guy posted:

if you're talking about courtney(?), the one with the lavender hair, she's like that in omega ruby as well

*slurp*

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Xurkitree, one of the UBs, has 173 SpAtk (beaten only by Deoxys-A and megas Mewtwo, Kyogre, Rayquaza, and Alakazam), learns Tail Glow, and increases its SpAtk every time it KOs something :stare:

e: On the subject of UBs, Pheromosa has an inane speed stat and learns Speed Swap, which could potentially lead to all sorts of wacky doubles gimmicks.

LAY-ZX fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Nov 12, 2016

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

PSWII60 posted:

I can't figure out why they would ditch this and keep rotation. unless they got rid of rotation too. I used a Trick room with Volcarona redirecting in the center. Either Redirect and set up Trick Room or Heat Wave and burn everything while setting up Trick Room. Worked pretty well.

*slurp*

Rotation is also gone.

Passimian can't get Wonder Guard through Receiver. RIP Shedinja shenanigans.

The National Dex does not exist in Sun and Moon, it's attached to the Pokemon Bank. The Shiny Charm is simply obtained by completing the regional dex. The Oval Charm is obtained through beating Morimoto in a battle.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

LAY-ZX posted:

Xurkitree, one of the UBs, has 173 SpAtk (beaten only by Deoxys-A and megas Mewtwo, Kyogre, Rayquaza, and Alakazam), learns Tail Glow, and increases its SpAtk every time it KOs something :stare:

e: On the subject of UBs, Pheromosa has an inane speed stat and learns Speed Swap, which could potentially lead to all sorts of wacky doubles gimmicks.

Kartana Was the one I thought was broken, 109 Speed, 181 Att, +1 Att per kill, access to Swords Dance, Grass/Steel typing and some pretty good coverage. Crap SpD but it doesn't really matter as much since a fire attack will take it out pretty fast regardless.

Sacred Sword
Aerial Ace
Night Slash
Swords Dance
Leaf Blade
X-Scissor
Psycho Cut

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

If the Shiny Charm is just the Regional dex that's way easier than in any past game. Might bother doing that this time. It's all caught not all seen, right?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

How can there not be a National Dex?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

If the Shiny Charm is just the Regional dex that's way easier than in any past game. Might bother doing that this time. It's all caught not all seen, right?

Caught, yes.

Bongo Bill posted:

How can there not be a National Dex?

You can still catch Pokemon outside of the regional dex, but they won't have a dex entry or a dex number. You have to pay for it since you can only use it through Pokebank because that's the feature Game Freak decided to get rid of this time for the sweet :10bux:.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

That's weird

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Speaking of the "National" Dex, are Unova/Kalos/Alola actually different countries or is PokéJapan really culturally diverse and big? :v:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It's a national dex but there's an international police. It will be a mystery forever

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

AlphaKretin posted:

Speaking of the "National" Dex, are Unova/Kalos/Alola actually different countries or is PokéJapan really culturally diverse and big? :v:

All of the countries of Pokeworld have united together under a single flag as one nation. The tradeoff for world peace is that household pests breathe fire.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

You can still catch Pokemon outside of the regional dex, but they won't have a dex entry or a dex number. You have to pay for it since you can only use it through Pokebank because that's the feature Game Freak decided to get rid of this time for the sweet :10bux:.

That's hosed up.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

El Burbo posted:

It's a national dex but there's an international police. It will be a mystery forever

all those criminals who marry their pokemon while living outside of sinnoh aren't gonna catch themselves

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Dr. Fetus posted:

Rotation is also gone.

The National Dex does not exist in Sun and Moon, it's attached to the Pokemon Bank. The Shiny Charm is simply obtained by completing the regional dex. The Oval Charm is obtained through beating Morimoto in a battle.

So is Pokebank going to be updated with a better pokedex feature? Is there just no in-game dex at all for foreign pokemon. The game's never seem to much reward catching em all very much even though it's the most elaborate task you can complete.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
I love the Ultra Beasts so much

this origami one is Grass/Steel because paper cuts

and also because paper is made from trees ergo Grass-type :allears:

Khanstant posted:

The game's never seem to much reward catching em all very much even though it's the most elaborate task you can complete.

collecting every mon and completing the Pokédex is its own reward and one of the most fun parts of the game

less laughter fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Nov 12, 2016

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Dr. Fetus posted:

Rotation is also gone.

Okay, so now Poke Bank is more vital than ever, but I'm mostly okay with this. It's not like having the National Dex did much unless the game unlocked new areas for it.

It does lead to a bizarre situation where Greninja gets a profile in-game, but not its lower forms.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

less laughter posted:

I love the Ultra Beasts so much

this origami one is Grass/Steel because paper cuts

and also because paper is made from trees ergo Grass-type :allears:

collecting every mon and completing the Pokédex is its own reward and one of the most fun parts of the game

Yeah but there should be a super secret Pikablu that you can only find if you have all 800whatever of them!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is DexNav in though?

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

The National Dex is moved to Pokemon Bank because Game Freak wanted to add cross-game tracking. Doesn't matter which game it's from, anything you upload to bank adds to your National Dex.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Smogon's tier changes this month:

• Combusken moved from NU to PU
  • Trevenant moved from NU to PU
  • Sableye moved from UU to RU
  • Quagsire moved from NU to PU
  • Musharna moved from NU to PU
  • Klefki moved from OU to UU
  • Dugtrio moved from BL2 to OU

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

HOLDING A Z-CRYSTAL PREVENTS RAYQUAZA FROM GOING MEGA. MEGA RAY CANNOT USE Z-MOVES.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

No reason (that I can think off) they couldn't have it both in the bank and in game though.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Avalerion posted:

No reason (that I can think off) they couldn't have it both in the bank and in game though.

That smells like 'effort', though. Can't have that!

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Captain Fargle posted:

HOLDING A Z-CRYSTAL PREVENTS RAYQUAZA FROM GOING MEGA. MEGA RAY CANNOT USE Z-MOVES.

Well, that only makes it extremely overpowered instead of hilariously so.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

less laughter posted:

Smogon's tier changes this month:

• Dugtrio moved from BL2 to OU

Great, the three turds are back. I was so loving sick of seeing this thing's dopily designed face(s) in every OU team and was thrilled when Excadrill became OU's top mole.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
Has anyone posted all the clothing and hair options yet? I'd like to see that. Also it looked like you could have non natural hair color too, like purple? Anyone confirm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

extra row of teeth posted:

Great, the three turds are back. I was so loving sick of seeing this thing's dopily designed face(s) in every OU team and was thrilled when Excadrill became OU's top mole.

mods?!