Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Someone needs to make a greatest hits video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

Nevermind, I found more of it you little hero.

https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/v/100658020?t=1h35m0s

:gary:

https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/v/100658020?t=1h36m52s

Star Citizen: The gameplay, honestly, should be irrelevant

This is a man in pain. :smith:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/v/100658020?t=1h47m35s

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

MeLKoR posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/v/100658020?t=1h36m52s

Star Citizen: The gameplay, honestly, should be irrelevant

This is a man in pain. :smith:

Good news!

Chris Roberts feels the same way.

It's about buying more jpegs. And maybe eventually making a CGI movie.

This guy is so lucky! He's going to get his wish! :)

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I'm starting to feel a little dirty watching this guy prostitute himself online.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

This man needs to get a refund.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

MeLKoR posted:

I'm starting to feel a little dirty watching this guy prostitute himself online.

You can tell he's getting sick of it.

Plus it's even greater that people are stream sniping him.

and oh my god, barely caught this one, hahahahhaha

https://clips.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/FilthyTroutFUNgineer

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

:vince:

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

holy poo poo, I actually feel sorry for this guy.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Comments:
-Nice touch. We could have a mini game in the PU which features an 'infinite' loading screen.
--I thought we already had that?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Blunderstorm posted:

People toxxed if hillary lost

A mod bitched out and gave people a way out by donating to rainn, cementing the fact dnd is a lovely biased forum considering the fact bernie toxxers were never given that option

Lowtax apparently didn't know and said ban the fuckers, just not perma

Hundreds of people were banned in the past two days Lmao

Is there a summary of this posted somewhere? Please tell me the mods were executed. I also want to donate to the lowtax ambien fund now

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

holy poo poo, I actually feel sorry for this guy.

Don't worry, what he just said (hopefully someone can start the marker when the questions about refunds gets asked) will remove that sorrow felt for him.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Yeah, don't feel sorry for WTFosaurus. Nobody is holding a gun to his head. He could easily do something more enjoyable with his time, like DIY prostate exams or trying to housebreak a horde of raccoons.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

skaboomizzy posted:

Yeah, don't feel sorry for WTFosaurus. Nobody is holding a gun to his head. He could easily do something more enjoyable with his time, like DIY prostate exams or trying to housebreak a horde of raccoons.

He's just desperate for SC to be the game that makes him a big name streamer. If you're one of the only streamers doing something when a game first becomes popular, that's pretty much the main way of becoming a pro streamer.

Unfortunately for him he's picked a lovely game that nobody wants to watch and that'll never get any better. If he swaps to overwatch or something, he'll just be streamer #1523 with next to zero viewers. At least he might have some fun though!

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

loving look at the B) bullet point there. Just look at it.

"Entitled Value Demander" as an insult.

Value Demander.

loving VALUE DEMANDER.

What I wouldn't give to get a glimpse into this fruitcake's internal world.

It's 1999 and he goes to the theatre to see the Wing Commander movie. At the candy counter he orders some skittles and a large Coke. After being handed a single tic-tac and a thimble of water he happily sits down in his seat. The lights dim, and immediately go up, and he happily goes on his way.

He goes to the lot to buy a new Range Rover. One signed contract and high-interest loan later and he's proudly squeaking away on a rusty tricycle.

His evening dalliance with a prostitute: Money changes hands, then she feigns a headache and with a shrug he walks off, whistling a happy tune.

Because at least he's not one of those filthy subhuman value demanders.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
By now, Star Citizen is the Russel's Teapot of videogames: nobody can prove Star Citizen will not exist in the future.

Well, except an accountant maybe.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Reddit: INN has a new home

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Breetai posted:

loving look at the B) bullet point there. Just look at it.

"Entitled Value Demander" as an insult.

Value Demander.

loving VALUE DEMANDER.

What I wouldn't give to get a glimpse into this fruitcake's internal world.

It's 1999 and he goes to the theatre to see the Wing Commander movie. At the candy counter he orders some skittles and a large Coke. After being handed a single tic-tac and a thimble of water he happily sits down in his seat. The lights dim, and immediately go up, and he happily goes on his way.

He goes to the lot to buy a new Range Rover. One signed contract and high-interest loan later and he's proudly squeaking away on a rusty tricycle.

His evening dalliance with a prostitute: Money changes hands, then she feigns a headache and with a shrug he walks off, whistling a happy tune.

Because at least he's not one of those filthy subhuman value demanders.

That guy must be the one who left positive ebay reviews on all those fake microsd cards ten years ago

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

he should make a new acc called " not neurotic jew"

an erotic jew

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

skaboomizzy posted:

I was listening and reading the chat and he's basically trapped. When he tries playing any other games they bitch at him and his viewership drops. On the other hand no one new is coming to the stream, and CIG isn't releasing any content so he's trapped repeating the same thing he - in his words - "can do with his eyes closed by now".

Millennial Sisyphus

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 13, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Breetai posted:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

MeLKoR posted:

I was listening and reading the chat and he's basically trapped. When he tries playing any other games they bitch at him and his viewership drops. On the other hand no one new is coming to the stream, and CIG isn't realizing any content so he's trapped repeating the same thing he - in his words - "can do with his eyes closed by now".

Millennial Sisyphus

Makes me wonder what's in it for the viewers. Haven't they also seen everything a billion times over by now? They can't be getting anything new either. And who are they? Why would backers watch the same thing on repeat that they could get bored with themselves? I can kind of get it with games like E:D, where there are a ton of things to see and do, or with your average arena FPS, where something stupid happens every match, or hell, even something single-player like Dishonoured or Hitman or KSP — something with a slight (or not-so-slight) sandbox slant, where there are a whole bunch of approaches to playing, and you might just want to see how others do it. But what's in it for the plaintiffs?! The game has no variety since it is almost completely devoid of mechanics to mix things up.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

:vince:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

MeLKoR posted:

I was listening and reading the chat and he's basically trapped. When he tries playing any other games they bitch at him and his viewership drops. On the other hand no one new is coming to the stream, and CIG isn't realizing any content so he's trapped repeating the same thing he - in his words - "can do with his eyes closed by now".

Millennial Sisyphus

So at what point would a sane person have decided "Ya know, maybe I'm not meant to be the next TWITCH SUPERSTAR"?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Domain Name:INN.SC
Created On:30-Sep-2016 18:39:06 UTC

That bow tie idiot registered it.

Maybe CIG fell out with their digital advertising agency who hadn't logged into their RSI account since June.

https://twitter.com/WolfLarsenSC/status/789242927813799936

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Tippis posted:

Makes me wonder what's in it for the viewers. Haven't they also seen everything a billion times over by now? They can't be getting anything new either. And who are they? Why would backers watch the same thing on repeat that they could get bored with themselves? I can kind of get it with games like E:D, where there are a ton of things to see and do, or with your average arena FPS, where something stupid happens every match, or hell, even something single-player like Dishonoured or Hitman or KSP — something with a slight (or not-so-slight) sandbox slant, where there are a whole bunch of approaches to playing, and you might just want to see how others do it. But what's in it for the plaintiffs?! The game has no variety since it is almost completely devoid of mechanics to mix things up.
A lot of them probably enjoy watching him get mad.

It accounts for a huge portion of Twitch viewership. Lots of streamers intentionally ham up their reactions to draw in the schadenfreude demographic.

With a cult base like SC's though I'm sure a lot of WTF's viewers are there for the "community" and get upset when he's not playing SC because he's meant to be proselytizing.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Bubbacub posted:

I haven't heard the word "subsumption" in a while. What happened to subsumption?

It's being refactored.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Guys, remember when Ben said ”refacted” instead of refactored?

GreenElephant
Mar 22, 2016

skaboomizzy posted:

A few days ago he mentioned he had nearly 1200 subscribers ("Giveaway at 1200" or something?) , so I guess that means he's pulling in around $3,000 a month. ($4.99 X 1200 * 0.5 - the 0.5 is to reduce it by the standard percentage cut twitch gives)

Most of those subscribers are there for SC, so he's in the horrible position of having to continue to torture himself onscreen or see a dramatic drop in revenue. No wonder he's moody all the time. :kimchi:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

lol at WTFOSaurus melting down again (and even better this time)

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

orcinus posted:

It's being refactored.

Actually refactoring is being refactored

Clearly you don't understand refactoring development.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

skaboomizzy posted:

So at what point would a sane person have decided "Ya know, maybe I'm not meant to be the next TWITCH SUPERSTAR"?

His hairstyle alone reflects a history of dubious choices.

I stopped watching his joyless cigar raids weeks ago. I'm sure it's even more Beckettian now.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Hello friends! I'd like to invite you to what is sure to be the hottest new destination on Twitch.

It'll have a chat-bot that spams affiliate links, ability to request songs from YouTube, a "dangerous"-sounding name, a subscription option that offers viewers absolutely nothing of value, a regular schedule of raffles for jpgs, and an obnoxious gif that takes up the entire screen for two minutes anytime someone donates or subscribes.

Content will be me snapping a mousetrap shut on my dick every fifteen minutes while I complain that there's nothing new in mousetrap development yet, but it's coming soon, you'll see, it'll be the most amazing mousetrap-on-dick technology you've ever dreamed of. You'll want to spend your entire life snapping this mousetrap onto your dick, then you'll be sorry when you didn't invest $3000 or more into it at the very start of development*.

*development start date is subject to change based on how pissed off I am at snapping a mousetrap onto my dick that particular day

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

MeLKoR posted:

What I mean is that perma toxxes shouldn't be a thing in the first place, at least not group perma toxxes, at least not thousands of people, jesus. Just seems incredibly stupid to cut off such a big part of the community forever with no chance of return. It's not like there are dozens of millions of goons.

e: and yes, I'd say the same if it were thousands of trumpers getting permabanned over a dumb bet.

The Trumpers toxxed for regular bans. Then the DnD mod upgraded it to permaban toxxes a little bit before the election.

Which makes it funny that when hillary lost the DnD mod then tried to find a way for hillary toxxers to weasel out of it.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Star Citizen: Be careful what you wish for

and

Ponzi posted:

I'm going to pan-to-oven cook a chatueaubriand over christmas. I've now got a cast iron skillet, and I'm going to have a practice-run by cooking one tomorrow.

I want to use the Kenji-technique by salting it advance then leaving overnight in the fridge.

I like the science of Kenji's method, so where can I find out more about this steakmiester?

Star Citizen: Salting it in advance

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

skaboomizzy posted:

CIG might still pull through, all this time might not have been to waste.

e:

Tippis posted:

I don't know... at one point one says "show us the cave" and he goes "but we've seen the cave a thousand times, there's nothing there".

*goes to cave*

"tell us the lore of the cave"

"i don't think there is any lore"

*someone throws him $25*

It's all very "scythe to scythe!" :smithicide:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Nov 13, 2016

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

MeLKoR posted:

My body is ready! :awesome:

Has :pgabz: used this anywhere yet:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=WBupia9oidU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
e: dp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

The Titanic posted:

Pretty sure Chris Roberts wasn't wearing 20k watches, and vacationing in Italy prior to Star Citizen.

The rose gold IWC Portugieser is close to 20k, the stainless steel black dial is more like 6k.

• Locked thread