Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!
Between coked-up Jimmy, sociopath 80s melee violenceman Jacket, and Hector basically quoting Scarface already, I feel like there isn't really anything new that adding Tony Montana as a heister would bring. Plus, I'm not sure whether the rights went up for grabs or whatever, since the Scarface game from 10 years ago was a Sierra/Vivendi thing and Activision owns all that stuff now.

Clearly, the ideal candidate for a Spanish-speaking member of the Payday gang is Danny Trejo. Not any particular character he's played, just Danny Trejo as himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Just name him Trejo, royalty-free Heat character.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Man I would sign off on every cross promotion if it meant Payday became this Smash-esque crime movie all-stars game.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Man I would sign off on every cross promotion if it meant Payday became this Smash-esque crime movie all-stars game.

Sort of like the anti-Expendables. I really like that idea.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

I hope they add a George Zimmerman heister at some point too.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
grimcreap'd again

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Max Wilco posted:

That's pretty cool. Is it easy to change the stock ticker? Do you just need to edit a .ini file or something?

I had downloaded Pirate Perfection, a cheaty trainer thing, to make it easier to zip around maps when I was modding and editing strings. One of th e things it came with was a custom stock ticker filled with casual racism & sexism, so I found "stock_ticker.lua" and edited all the names in it, as well as removing it's phone home thing where it would beg you to donate to them through the game.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

this is awesome. reminds of me of the tone of a GTA V heist like Humane.

gonna post my video from the first time I did that heist and we had the most butt clenching ending https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yr33DKX0NE

Basticle fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Nov 13, 2016

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Lyrai posted:

I had downloaded Pirate Perfection, a cheaty trainer thing, to make it easier to zip around maps when I was modding and editing strings. One of the things it came with was a custom stock ticker filled with casual racism & sexism, so I found "stock_ticker.lua" and edited all the names in it, as well as removing it's phone home thing where it would beg you to donate to them through the game.

Sounds kind of dodgy. Is no other way to do it? If it's a .lua file, then would it be possible to open it in Notepad++, or is it bundled in some other file you'd have to extract it from?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
playing again after a hiatus: game is harder again with mayham without being too horrible, i like that, thats as much as i can comment on whatever updates came out.

i had to stop using a shotgun dodge build, though, because ammo became too much of an issue. ive got a grenade launcher/thompson submachinegun build now, and im so happy with it that im going to share it and get feedback

http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/eghiJLmNPr:tMNOQr:ggiJKLnOPr:fl:ica:pO8::w23-2-1:s65-3-5-12-25-14-20:a3
and since the site doesnt seem to be accounting for skills correctly heres a screenshot
http://tinyurl.com/hr8pjz9

so far despite not having the ammo stuff aced, the grenade launcher doesnt run out of ammo unless i really try, and its more of a blast than i thought it was going to be. this lets me go back to my old way of sprinting everywhere and shooting people indiscriminately, but tbh losing inspire is a sad thing. nobody i was playing with was taking ammo, though so v:v:v

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

So we just broke Alesso 1D stealth:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

also: holy poo poo why did I never play Jimmy before

"gently caress YOU TASER" makes me laugh my rear end off every time

Rust is fun just because it's Ron Perlman telling a cloaker to suck his fat dick.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Just name him Trejo, royalty-free Heat character.

Yes, however do all his lines super sarcastically like he did in New Vegas :haw:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Plan Z posted:

So we just broke Alesso 1D stealth:

is that a 61 minute playtime :stare:

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I think we went to 1:10:00+

So what happened was we wanted to see if we could kill the cameras in the lobby without alerting anyone. We ended up cascading and killing the entire lobby. Turns out you can lock it down completely. Problem was that we left the body bags in the camera room. When you do the escape, the game spawns a whole new group of lobby guards/civs. One of them saw it and the whole lobby freaked out. We tried to ECM, but something we did broke the game so that the van wouldn't come. We held out for a few minutes until Zoid was the only one. Remember when we talked about the fact that 1D will break when enough cops spawn? That's what happened. So there were about 50 cops including a winters phalanx out there at one point and they wouldn't fire on him or move in.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Capn Beeb posted:

Rust is fun just because it's Ron Perlman telling a cloaker to suck his fat dick.

Yes, however do all his lines super sarcastically like he did in New Vegas :haw:

Every time I hear Rust curse out an enemy, all I can think of is how funny it would if all of Perlman's narration from Fallout was filled with the same profanities.

"War never loving changes. When the Vault Dweller destroyed the Master's bitch-rear end mutant army..."

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Have some more shots of that process. Zoidberg was a champ.

This is from before Winters arrived in the lobby.

Police would move 1 to 4 at a time, often twitching in place.

The game was only able to spawn about 55 out of the intended 84 enemies.

The intended wait time for the van is 1 minute. This was after another 20.

OD is a well-balanced, functional challenge.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Nov 13, 2016

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Should've went all loud from the beginning :smuggo:

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Should've went all loud from the beginning :smuggo:

it feels like payday has been out for a million years at this point and yet there are still people that think 4 cop death is enough over half an hour

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

it feels like payday has been out for a million years at this point and yet there are still people that think 4 cop death is enough over half an hour

thats not enough for half a minute

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Did Hoxout 1d last night with pubbies and not only did we win, but I accidentally got 120 Proof. Like 10 or 11 to go now.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

I like stealth with a good team. Honestly, a proper good Shadow Raid is the most fun I have in PD2. But sitting around for long periods of time waiting for the right gap in guard patrols, then getting caught because of massive de-sync sours me on a lot of it. But I mean also gently caress doing Alesso loud on 1D.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Plan Z posted:

I like stealth with a good team. Honestly, a proper good Shadow Raid is the most fun I have in PD2. But sitting around for long periods of time waiting for the right gap in guard patrols, then getting caught because of massive de-sync sours me on a lot of it. But I mean also gently caress doing Alesso loud on 1D.

it used to be unfortunately easy even up to DW pre-1D update because of the diff value never maxing out and AI pathing having issues with the multiple levels - do you know if the recent changes to make AI path at you more aggressively have made Alesso tougher than it used to be? It might not be that bad on 1D loud.

there's certainly some circumstantial evidence AI pathing on Alesso is hyper broken, though, something about some screenshots I saw recently :v:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Nah, even on 1D the pathing can vary quite a bit. You can, like before, also get extremely lucky during the pyro sequence and end up doing it during a really long fade, or you can it during a sustain and everything just loving descends on you from the elevators.

When my group did it loud the one time that was before the headshot buff. I imagine with it, it's quite a bit more manageable now without resorting to meme medieval bullshit.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Is the Safe House Raid disproportionately rewarding given the time and effort to do it, or am I just remembering the grind as harder than it really is? At 85 I got 3/4 a level on one solo OK run.

I'm also real bad at this game right now. I had terrible ammo efficiency. Hit rate under 30%, a shameful heister. Doesn't help I'm playing with integrated graphics.

I know that half the XP required to get from 1-100 comes at levels 85-100, maybe that's what I'm seeing.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 13, 2016

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The only worthwhile part of doing Safehouse Raid is for the coins. It is always 6 coins for 3 waves of cops regardless of difficulty. If you want to challenge yourself or your friends, crank it up to DW or 1D but it's best to just grind it out on normal and get it over with for the coins. If you want XP or money there are better ways to get both than Safehouse Raid.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

UnknownMercenary posted:

The only worthwhile part of doing Safehouse Raid is for the coins. It is always 6 coins for 3 waves of cops regardless of difficulty. If you want to challenge yourself or your friends, crank it up to DW or 1D but it's best to just grind it out on normal and get it over with for the coins. If you want XP or money there are better ways to get both than Safehouse Raid.
I dont know if you are XXV-100 or not, but yes, Safehouse raid on Overkill pays out great XP for the time. Its not Aftershock levels but its pretty up there. I'm no expert but unless you are XXV-100 I would say it is worth doing it on OVK unless you enjoy the challenge of going harder.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Nov 14, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The problem of safehouse raid is it gets really boring really fast.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
You're also done with it really fast for what you need of it though. You get a substantial number of coins doing trophies, so by the time you run out of good ones you're only going to need he occasional safehouse raid to get yourself up where you need to be.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Discendo Vox posted:

The problem of safehouse raid is it gets really boring really fast.
Maybe I havent played it enough yet but I have been enjoying it because it is a defense heist, which is new to me. I'm not hauling poo poo around or restarting a broke dick drill every 34 seconds, I'm just clicking cops, a lot, which is fun. And yeah, its pretty quick.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Yeah, I'm currently I-85, because I stopped playing late 2014. It's new to me and simple, which is good while I get used to clicking cop heads and not having perfect stats anymore.

Are there still "best" mod setups for guns, or is it more down to preference now?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Yeah, I'm currently I-85, because I stopped playing late 2014. It's new to me and simple, which is good while I get used to clicking cop heads and not having perfect stats anymore.

Are there still "best" mod setups for guns, or is it more down to preference now?

If you're not playing on OD it's mostly pretty balanced due to a recent balance pass. There are definitely optimal builds, but up through overkill most weapons still work. OD is...different.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Nov 14, 2016

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
im spending all my coins buying weapon mods

i also am 120,000,000 of offshore cash short of infamy because i blew it all trying to get good cards, last time i played

gently caress

e: also swapped the grenade launcher for a light crossbow, which also meant i screwed around with my build more because holy lol you never have ammo concerns when using regular bolts with that thing. combos well with the tommy gun since crossbows also get the boon for bodyshot==headshot bonus because theyre "automatic" (??????) so even the light crossbow kills specials in one hit on any location on mayham

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Nov 14, 2016

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I had terrible ammo efficiency.

Use shotguns

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Hit rate under 30%, a shameful heister.

Use shotguns.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Is the Safe House Raid disproportionately rewarding given the time and effort to do it, or am I just remembering the grind as harder than it really is?
The grind was hard. XP rewards got massively increased some time ago.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Concordat posted:

Use shotguns

Use shotguns.

I probably have more Loco kills than anything else, I'm trying to mix it up with pistols.

I'll probably set up a 80 damage rifle / Loco / ICTV slot later.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
Overkill is launching a beta to help balance Mayhem:

quote:

NEW BETA

After we released the difficulty update during Hoxton Housewarming Party we have received a lot of feedback and a lot of different opinions about it which have all been really helpful to us!

Because of this we are now opening up a new beta where we are going to tweak the difficulty bit by bit, starting with a reduction to the health pool of enemies on Mayhem.

Right now the general opinion is that it's not too much of a difference between Death Wish and Mayhem. The leap between OVERKILL and Mayhem is almost as big as the original leap between OVERKILL and Death Wish. We want Mayhem to feel like it's in the middle of OVERKILL and Death Wish.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Lynx posted:

Overkill is launching a beta to help balance Mayhem:
Took 'em loving long enough.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Is the Safe House Raid disproportionately rewarding given the time and effort to do it, or am I just remembering the grind as harder than it really is? At 85 I got 3/4 a level on one solo OK run.

I'm also real bad at this game right now. I had terrible ammo efficiency. Hit rate under 30%, a shameful heister. Doesn't help I'm playing with integrated graphics.

I know that half the XP required to get from 1-100 comes at levels 85-100, maybe that's what I'm seeing.

I get about a 30ish% rate with akimbo Heather SMGs with Body Expertise because a brief tap fires a few bullets and one will frequently kill them.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Took 'em loving long enough.

Mayhem has been out for barely a month, take a chill pill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Mayhem has been out for barely a month, take a chill pill.
Its been over a month and at release it was (and still is) 98% the challenge of DeathWish. This tells me zero testing or iteration was done by the developer before it was relased, which is pretty loving stupid. I was looking forward to it because Deathwish was not very fun to me (at this point in time); now DW is harder than it was before and Mayhem probably is, too (because of the changes to Specials, HP, and special spawnrates/numbers), but Overkill is a hair too easy. I dont think being happy that a developer is fixing something that they released that was completely broken is something that anyone should have to chill about.