Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Coolness Averted posted:

Should I post the details or is that too off topic? Since it's technically not on reddit?

Post it, seriously hosed up relationship content goes in this thread.

Also "weirdly inflamed penis" but he said that he got it tested. That poor woman believed what he said, she probably has a few dozen STIs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
It's another dude, not a woman.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Most EMTs I know would think that is hilarious

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Coolness Averted posted:

So it's not on r/relationships (yet!) but I saw a shitshow explode over the past week I wouldn't be surprised to see pop up there.

If he posts it'll be "My girlfriend (21F) dumped me, got me (28M) evicted from my home and stole my friends stuff and money what can I do?" and she might post the follow up "My roommate/ex (28m) got black out drunk and smashed our apartment and everything in it, now I'm (21F) in trouble for a 'self remedy' eviction!"

It really is a bingo card of bad choices made. A 20 year old following her 27 year old boyfriend across the country, addiction, choosing to live with an ex to try and win them back, and punching a guitar.

Should I post the details or is that too off topic? Since it's technically not on reddit?

:justpost:

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
In the meantime let's check out this dumbshit-

my girlfriend is still pissed a month later [35/m ; 24/f]

quote:

Hey,

So I'll keep this as concise as possible, but basically my girlfriend of 11 months told me this morning that she still feels bitter about something I did a couple weeks ago.

In October we had a major blow-up because she wasn't setting boundaries with this new guy-friend she made. We were all in lecture together and I basically had to sit there and watch her flirt with this guy for 1.5 hours; it sucked and I was really upset. She claims that she has no feelings for this guy (and I believe this), and that she didn't have time to set boundaries with him before I blew the issue up. Anyway, we mostly resolved that problem and she doesn't speak to that dude anymore.

She was supportive through the whole ordeal and I think the whole situation boiled down to my insecurity. I'm always checking her social media and his social media to see if there are any breadcrumbs. I wonder if they still chat over FB. Stuff like that, that I'm working hard to get over.

Well a couple weeks ago, I was still feeling insecure about seeing my GF flirt with this guy. I've been dumped in my past several relationships and I'm really invested in her, and I guess that translates to insecurity/fear of losing her. So I did something dumb; I picked a hot chick on Instagram and started a private conversation with her. I sent hearts and she sent some back, we flirted, talked about our hobbies, etc.

Well she found out. She wasn't snooping, but she saw that I'd been messaging this chick and grilled me on it. I didn't show her the conversation but I admitted to her that the messages were flirty. She asked why I did it, and I explaiend it's because I can't trust her about this guy-friend incident (not setting boundaries - who else is she not setting boundaries with??) and that I was feeling insecure. I apologized and admitted it was a stupid thing to do.

She said she wasn't mad but she was kind of shaking. I apologized again later that night.

This morning she told me she still resents me for what I did, and that she is unsure of how to handle this emotion. She said she just wants to know that I understand how lovely what I did was (to which I cited my two apologies). She's also said she's paranoid that I've done this in the past with other women whenever I feel insecure and that I should've told her about my insecurity instead. I don't know how to help her.

Should I unfollow the lady I messaged? I've never met her in person. Should I show her the conversation?

tl;dr: In a moment of insecurity I did something borderline cheating, my GF says she is still bitter about it a couple weeks later, is asking me for help with dealing with her bitterness, I'm not sure what the best action is - but I don't want to lose her.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Leon Einstein posted:

It's another dude, not a woman.

Which makes no difference. He's still a fool for believing him.

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.

gentle pete posted:

Not relationships but

i would punch this kid directly in the throat if I was the EMT who was working the code. What a little fucker.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Holy poo poo she needs to dump this idiot

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

quote:

Should I unfollow the lady I messaged? I've never met her in person.

Me irl: "YAH NO poo poo IDIOT"

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Play dead kid is gonna loving get his comeuppance when his mom has a sudden aneurysm and loving drops dead one afternoon

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

The one the only. Accept no substitutes.

quote:

[KY] Laws surrounding giving child up for adoption

I will be consulting a lawyer this week, but prefer to go in with some idea of what to expect.
My wife and I wish to place our 3 month old daughter up for adoption. Are there any laws that could impact this process? Could members of our family file against our decision to adopt out? How long can we expect the entire process to take?

Not relationships but holy hell these two are a piece of work. The op isn't much but the comments are where it's at. The baby isn't a "good fit" and the wife wants it gone by Christmas so the holidays won't be awkward.

:wtc:

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Is that all there is to the post? Jesus Christ.
Well, take solace in the fact that if this is a healthy (white) baby with no disabilities, deformation etc, it will probably find a good home almost immediately.
Most people want a shiny new baby in mint condition.

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Well, take solace in the fact that if this is a healthy (white) baby with no disabilities, deformation etc, it will probably find a good home almost immediately.

All there is to the post yes, but get into the comments you find out the kid was planned and the wife can't handle how emotionally needy the kid is. The mother in law would want the baby but they want to block family members from adopting the baby because the wife is afraid that will make the holidays awkward. He was posting looking for advice on how to get this accomplished fast because they want the baby gone by Christmas.

I don't know. Struck me as kinda screwed up.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Better the baby is adopted out than being raised by people who hate the child

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

almightyerin posted:

Not relationships but holy hell these two are a piece of work. The op isn't much but the comments are where it's at. The baby isn't a "good fit" and the wife wants it gone by Christmas so the holidays won't be awkward.

:wtc:

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Better the baby is adopted out than being raised by people who hate the child

Agreed.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Oh, eww. This thing requires work! If your mother adopts it, you just know she'll try to win me back over to caring for the horrid thing. Ugh.

Either that or there's some preexisting mental issues that didn't "disappear due to the healing power of motherhood" and/or some wicked post-parting depression they should be treating.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

almightyerin posted:

All there is to the post yes, but get into the comments you find out the kid was planned and the wife can't handle how emotionally needy the kid is. The mother in law would want the baby but they want to block family members from adopting the baby because the wife is afraid that will make the holidays awkward. He was posting looking for advice on how to get this accomplished fast because they want the baby gone by Christmas.

I don't know. Struck me as kinda screwed up.

Eh, she might have some PPD, but giving up the child for adoption when they're not ready to be parents is about as ideal of a situation as I can imagine. The (hopefully white, otherwise its chances of adoption aren't as high :smith:) baby is going to end up with a middle to upper class family that wants it. It may or may not decide to look for its birth parents someday, but it will most likely be much happier with them than with a mother who doesn't want it in the family at all "because it could get awkward".

It's pretty clear the birth parents loving suck.

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

I get that. My reason for posting it wasn't because adopting out the baby was screwed up, it was the fact that the family all adores this baby and would be willing to adopt it, especially the grandmother and they want to show up for Christmas sans baby and expect everyone to be totally cool with it like nothing happened. Like grandma and aunt Cathy wouldn't be heartbroken.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Actually I looked into it and it is pretty evident that the wife has some serious PPD whether or not he is willing to admit it. Also, his mother in law lives with them and takes cares of the baby. People are suggesting he just adopt the baby into the family but he said it's too awkward and he and his wife are hoping to get it over with and done before Christmas. And no, of course they haven't tried therapy. Poor baby. I hope the MIL takes them to court and gets custody. He has made three threads on the matter, all locked.

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

I hope she does too.

According to him there's no way she has ppd because she was that way before the baby was born.

Poor kid.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Oh and he said she doesn't like to pick the baby up when it's crying because it might reinforce the crying and teach the baby to manipulate them? Total gently caress up of a situation entirely.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

almightyerin posted:

I get that. My reason for posting it wasn't because adopting out the baby was screwed up, it was the fact that the family all adores this baby and would be willing to adopt it, especially the grandmother and they want to show up for Christmas sans baby and expect everyone to be totally cool with it like nothing happened. Like grandma and aunt Cathy wouldn't be heartbroken.

How great can grandma be? She's already raised one ungrateful turdperson!:v:

yeah, it'd be cool if the family could get custody and spare OP the awkwardness by just disowning him. The only person thing that matters right now is the baby's future happiness.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

The guy's like "But why would her family refuse her rightful entry to family gatherings after we gave our baby away? Does not compute. Beep boop."

Dude sounds like a friggin' robot. I'm not surprised he's the one who suggested giving the baby away.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

This sounds like the opening of the Great War. "We'll have that baby adopted by Christmas!"

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
They're also in KY which means there is a not insignificant chance that percocet may be playing a role.

Also, social services are likely to be underfunded and mental health care a bandaid on a sucking chest wound at best.

Don't ask me how I know this.

:smith:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

He also made a post out of concern about his wife's apparent detachment to her daughter, when his own detachment can't be any more clear from his posts :psyduck:

Anyways here's a fun one but not relationships related

KY: SERIOUS: I may need to get rid of a lion.

quote:

I know this sounds crazy. It is crazy, but it is real. My uncle has owned multiple exotic animals in his time (a lion and a bear) and has a permit to own those animals in another state. A friend of his in this exotic animal world has had a litter of lion cubs and "owes [my uncle] a favor" and he wants to GIVE ME A LION. I don't want a lion. I can't have a lion. I'm pretty sure it's illegal to have one in Kentucky. He may have already paid for this lion, and he is serious and adamant I need to have this lion cub. I thought he was joking. He was not.

I am desperately hoping we can convince him how horrible of an idea it would be if he actually delivers the lion, but just in case, how do I get rid of a lion?! What would I be facing, legally, if I suddenly were in possession of one? What would happen to him if he were caught in Kentucky with the lion?

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Ignis posted:

He also made a post out of concern about his wife's apparent detachment to her daughter, when his own detachment can't be any more clear from his posts :psyduck:

poo poo in KY I know a ton of people who would pay that man money to take care of his lion problem.

By hunting it. With guns.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
For some reason legaladvice is more depressing than relationships

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Gaunab posted:

In there, people can be victim of circumstances that are entirely not their fault, like lovely neighbors or whatever. You didn't pick and seduce your neighbors, or you did, which is a whole nother r/relationships post.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

WampaLord posted:

In there, people can be victim of circumstances that are entirely not their fault, like lovely neighbors or whatever. You didn't pick and seduce your neighbors, or you did, which is a whole nother r/relationships post.
Plus, everyone has done something stupid in a relationship at one point or another. Most people aren't extremely callous toward their children and malicious toward relatives when they want to take care of the child and seem completely fit.

Most people don't have an uncle driving 5+ hours to drop an unwanted lion on them either.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I think I read somewhere the moment you drive them off the lot, babies lose like 20% of their value.

But back to the story of Oliver (28m) and Barbara (21f)
So, Oliver has a bit of a history with my partner's friend circle, she's known him since he was 15. He's fun enough at parties but an immature loser who has learned 0 life skills, and also burned many a bridge when it comes to roommates or crashing on couches -even his parents have pretty much given up on him. Stereotypical manchild stuff, with alcoholism and some sort of untreated mental illness or disability, since he's smart about philosophy and science but acts like a child with anything remotely related to the real world. Barbara, I don't really know much about, other than she's some kid that moved across the country for a boy at age 20, but since both look young if I told you "One of these two people is 28 years old, the other is 21, talk to them for 15 minutes and guess which is which," you'd probably guess she was the older one.

So after a year of dating as she realizes she's now his mommy and Oliver is not changing, Barbara grows increasingly agitated with and grows to hate him. The screaming matches escalate until she finally dumps him about 2 weeks ago, but they're still stuck living together in a tiny one bedroom. She makes plans to move out after December, but they're stuck with each other until then -both names are on the lease, even though it's month to month, they're poor and all of her support structure in back east. He doesn't have a problem with this arrangement, since he's going to win her back! Seeing Oliver doesn't accept it's over, a few days later Barbara makes plans to go out to a bar and hook up with someone to help hammer the point. Oliver does not take 'his girlfriend cheating on him' well, and retaliates by quitting his job and staying home alternating between drinking himself into a stupor and begging for her to take him back.

A week of this housing arrangement goes by, and Barbara texts my girlfriend since she's going crazy. It's her day off and she just wants to relax without Oliver around, so she wants to go to a cafe with us or hang out at our place -anything to get away. My girlfriend sympathizes, when she was younger she wound up stranded in Canada with a similar problem, and had to rely on her ex's friends for help until she could move back down to the US. Oliver upon finding out she's hanging out with his friends and he's not invited storms off to drink at a bar to prove he can go out too. The last time he went out drinking when he got home they wound up screaming at each other and he smashed his own laptop against a wall. Barbara doesn't want to repeat that, so winds up crashing in our guest room.

The next morning, she gets a call from their landlord, they're being evicted for property damage and keeping all of the neighbors up with their arguing and smashing up the apartment then blaring music all night to the point the cops got called. This surprises Barbara, she did after all spend the night at our place, she bursts into tears since all of her stuff may be ruined and now she's homeless. When she explains this to the landlord, they're surprised it was only Oliver, but he's gone now, and if she'll change the locks and takeover the lease and let them in to survey the damage they'll let her stay after the cops file a report. So she agrees, and we head on over, only for a groggy Oliver to sheepishly peak his head out the door as he asks about what's going on. That doesn't fly since anyone can see his knuckles are scabbed over and bruised from hitting something at this point. He either blacked out and genuinely didn't know what he did, or he's playing dumb about what happened the previous night and denies anything happened. When the landlord makes him open the door and it's clear there's damage to the place, Oliver begins ranting about it not being fair he's being arrested and what he does in his own home is his own business.

Once she finally can see inside and see the damage -their coffee table is flipped, glass coasters are shattered, the ashtray has been poured out on the ground so he could rummage through for smokable butts, there's freshly punched holes in walls, and the screen and blinds and have been torn off the bedroom window- she loses it, practically breaks down crying especially once she notices he's broken her guitar. He didn't rockstar smash it or anything fun, but clearly punched it until the neck began to give and split. Both at this point are increasingly crying sobbing messes, he's flipflopping between apologizing and also trying to justify himself/assert he shouldn't have to go to jail. We separate the two, and I help him get a trashbag and backpack to put the stuff he immediately needs in, but he's a child and frozen unable to even think about what he needs, so I have to make the list of stuff like clothes and toothbrush and have to reassure him he's not going to jail but needs to leave, and the court will help arrange for a supervised pickup, since now the only thing Barbara will say to him is she's getting a restraining order. When he finally starts to understand the situation and pack I step outside. A minute later at most I think I hear the hiss of a butane lighter. Then a cough. A few seconds later another cough. Checking back in Motherfucker was sprawled out on the couch with his feet up on the overturned coffee table and lit up a bowl of resin while waiting for the cops.

In true fake reddit style I have a few updates to post, but jeeze this was a wall of text already so I won't include them here.

I guess also sticking with reddit style, tldr: Dude pushing 30 got dumped by his 21 year old girlfriend for being a loser, so he gets drunk and smashes up their apartment. He then gets kicked out/has no idea how to pack his bags, but knows how to pack a bowl. Oh also he literally punched a guitar until it broke.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What's the problem? If Uncle Doolittle is adamant about delivering the lion cub, take it and murk it. Getting the authorities or animal protection agencies involved will get people fines and maybe jail time. If he inquires about it later, you never saw it. Law of the jungle savannah, motherfucker.

Coolness Averted posted:

I think I read somewhere the moment you drive them off the lot, babies lose like 20% of their value.

But back to the story of Oliver (28m) and Barbara (21f)
So, Oliver has a bit of a history with my partner's friend circle, she's known him since he was 15. He's fun enough at parties but an immature loser who has learned 0 life skills, and also burned many a bridge when it comes to roommates or crashing on couches -even his parents have pretty much given up on him. Stereotypical manchild stuff, with alcoholism and some sort of untreated mental illness or disability, since he's smart about philosophy and science but acts like a child with anything remotely related to the real world. Barbara, I don't really know much about, other than she's some kid that moved across the country for a boy at age 20, but since both look young if I told you "One of these two people is 28 years old, the other is 21, talk to them for 15 minutes and guess which is which," you'd probably guess she was the older one.

So after a year of dating as she realizes she's now his mommy and Oliver is not changing, Barbara grows increasingly agitated with and grows to hate him. The screaming matches escalate until she finally dumps him about 2 weeks ago, but they're still stuck living together in a tiny one bedroom. She makes plans to move out after December, but they're stuck with each other until then -both names are on the lease, even though it's month to month, they're poor and all of her support structure in back east. He doesn't have a problem with this arrangement, since he's going to win her back! Seeing Oliver doesn't accept it's over, a few days later Barbara makes plans to go out to a bar and hook up with someone to help hammer the point. Oliver does not take 'his girlfriend cheating on him' well, and retaliates by quitting his job and staying home alternating between drinking himself into a stupor and begging for her to take him back.

A week of this housing arrangement goes by, and Barbara texts my girlfriend since she's going crazy. It's her day off and she just wants to relax without Oliver around, so she wants to go to a cafe with us or hang out at our place -anything to get away. My girlfriend sympathizes, when she was younger she wound up stranded in Canada with a similar problem, and had to rely on her ex's friends for help until she could move back down to the US. Oliver upon finding out she's hanging out with his friends and he's not invited storms off to drink at a bar to prove he can go out too. The last time he went out drinking when he got home they wound up screaming at each other and he smashed his own laptop against a wall. Barbara doesn't want to repeat that, so winds up crashing in our guest room.

The next morning, she gets a call from their landlord, they're being evicted for property damage and keeping all of the neighbors up with their arguing and smashing up the apartment then blaring music all night to the point the cops got called. This surprises Barbara, she did after all spend the night at our place, she bursts into tears since all of her stuff may be ruined and now she's homeless. When she explains this to the landlord, they're surprised it was only Oliver, but he's gone now, and if she'll change the locks and takeover the lease and let them in to survey the damage they'll let her stay after the cops file a report. So she agrees, and we head on over, only for a groggy Oliver to sheepishly peak his head out the door as he asks about what's going on. That doesn't fly since anyone can see his knuckles are scabbed over and bruised from hitting something at this point. He either blacked out and genuinely didn't know what he did, or he's playing dumb about what happened the previous night and denies anything happened. When the landlord makes him open the door and it's clear there's damage to the place, Oliver begins ranting about it not being fair he's being arrested and what he does in his own home is his own business.

Once she finally can see inside and see the damage -their coffee table is flipped, glass coasters are shattered, the ashtray has been poured out on the ground so he could rummage through for smokable butts, there's freshly punched holes in walls, and the screen and blinds and have been torn off the bedroom window- she loses it, practically breaks down crying especially once she notices he's broken her guitar. He didn't rockstar smash it or anything fun, but clearly punched it until the neck began to give and split. Both at this point are increasingly crying sobbing messes, he's flipflopping between apologizing and also trying to justify himself/assert he shouldn't have to go to jail. We separate the two, and I help him get a trashbag and backpack to put the stuff he immediately needs in, but he's a child and frozen unable to even think about what he needs, so I have to make the list of stuff like clothes and toothbrush and have to reassure him he's not going to jail but needs to leave, and the court will help arrange for a supervised pickup, since now the only thing Barbara will say to him is she's getting a restraining order. When he finally starts to understand the situation and pack I step outside. A minute later at most I think I hear the hiss of a butane lighter. Then a cough. A few seconds later another cough. Checking back in Motherfucker was sprawled out on the couch with his feet up on the overturned coffee table and lit up a bowl of resin while waiting for the cops.

In true fake reddit style I have a few updates to post, but jeeze this was a wall of text already so I won't include them here.

I guess also sticking with reddit style, tldr: Dude pushing 30 got dumped by his 21 year old girlfriend for being a loser, so he gets drunk and smashes up their apartment. He then gets kicked out/has no idea how to pack his bags, but knows how to pack a bowl. Oh also he literally punched a guitar until it broke.

Don't doxx me just because you're jealous of my bohemian lifestyle. Not cool, bro.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Nov 17, 2016

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

Gaunab posted:

Sometimes there's some good ones.

Like the oven mitt guy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/35bzcy/caught_drinking_from_an_oven_mitt_in_public_in/

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I think my best friend of 8 Years (18 M) is in a cult, should I save him and how? or throw in the towel and give up?

quote:

I'm not gonna state names, let's call him M,

We met in middle school and I was bullied at the time for me acting weird due to me having ASD, we bonded almost immediately and we looked out for each other.

In sophomore year, we hit a very rough patch and I came to the realization that he is disloyal and was talking poo poo behind my back also he was hanging out with my enemies. To add insult to injury, I was going through some tough times academically and personally.

In Freshmen Year of College, I went at him again because he was falling back into the same disloyalty when I was going through tough times and I needed someone to talk to, this year, the day after Prince died we talked it out and we reconciled, then he was telling me how he was going to some church and how it helped him, long story short, I ended up going to a bible study and here's the part that really shook me up a little bit, they would gather in a circle, spread their arms out and they allegedly "feel" God throughout them with a mix of fortune telling and prophecy. I went a few times after that and I wasn't accustomed to it, My dad warned me about cults and how it is easy to get hooked into them, I would find out later that he was right all along.

I am an Orthodox Christian, so I was exposed to Christianity from a young age, and I do believe in God but this is about him, not me

Some acquaintances that go to the same CC as I do, were telling about him texting them to go to this thing of his and some people actually went and it confirmed my suspicions of it being a cult, one guy told me that the situation reminded him of the 2014 film "The Master" and even someone talking about how M texted him a long paragraph of how he should come to his thing and he was so freaked out and it was too much for him to handle that he had to leave him on Read and not reply.

So, last week, I was duped to going to his thing again while i was convinced that I would just hang out, before we got to his house, I asked him to detour to Wendy's because I was hungry, he told me no, and even on the way back, I am starting to believe that he's becoming selfish with not only me, but with everyone except the people in the cult

I am seriously considering ditching him and look for a new best friend, but I am too shy but that's for another thread.

But I won't give in without a fight, How do I save him and his family from this?, What should I do? and If it's too late, how should I cope with it?

tl;dr: Me and my best friend fell out, we got back together and he was duped into joining a cult

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
what's with the influx of morons today

quote:

Me [24 M] with a girl I met on Bumble [25 F], went on a date and, after kissing her, my mouth went numb. Is this cocaine? Or could it be numbing lipstick?

I met this girl through Bumble and we messaged for a few weeks. We got along great, had some similar interests and some mutual friends. We decided to go for drinks last night.

Drinks went well, it seemed like we got along pretty well. She got fairly tipsy at the restaurant, like noticeably intoxicated but not stumbling around or anything. After drinks, we went back to her place and she went to the bathroom and came back out and we made out and I noticed a chemical taste in her mouth. Then my lips and face went numb for about half an hour. I have done coke one time and the numbness felt very similar to what I experienced when I tried the drug. The taste of her mouth tasted like coke too. I called her out at the time and she said "Oh, I noticed that too, I think someone might have put something in our drinks at dinner". She said this in a very casual and strange way. She then went back to the bathroom, came back out and she had a mini panic attack saying that she was afraid that someone was going to break in (this makes no sense we were in a locked apartment on the 10th floor). I had to hold her while she hyperventilated.

Looking back at our date, she did go to the washroom maybe 5 times. She was talking pretty quickly too.

Talking to her today, she has said that she may have put on numbing lipstick and thats what it could have been. She says that she does not remember anything from when we got home and unequivocally denies doing coke last night. She does say that she has used it in the past.

I am wondering if any coke users could weigh in on whether the symptoms I experienced were coke related? Also can numbing lipstick create this effect?

Personally, I just think she's lying and did coke throughout our date, but would love to hear some other opinions.

tl;dr: Went on Bumble date and cant figure out whether my date was coked up? Or just using numbing lipstick?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
lol numbing lipstick

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Ask her to share.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Ignis posted:

Not directly Kentucky related, but I was living in Kentucky when this happened one state up.

Also, one of the land owners my company worked with had massive animal preserves in Ky with lots of crazy african poo poo. Based on that experience, I don't think a lion would be too hard to get permits for.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Jack Trades posted:

Ask her to share.

she did when she kissed him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

lol numbing lipstick

Tbf there are some lipsticks these days that have some crap in them that makes your lips swell and plump up like a dollar store lip-job, but in this case she's probably just a cokehead.