Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Kurtofan posted:

Le Breibart enchainé

Die Breibart, Die

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-strategy-idUSKBN1342TP

breitbart in french, german

man this poo poo is evil

stoking and profiting off fear and misinformation which will endanger lives of non-whites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

change my name posted:

hey remember that dumb Obama trampling the constitution painting that the creator hit up Hannity on twitter over?

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/11/will-trump-hang-art-of-obama-trampling-the-constitution.html

gently caress everything

i have to believe that even trump would see hanging that up as a bad idea.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Louisgod posted:

It's okay, President Lisa Simpsons will put it in the trash once she gets elected because that's where we are with the current timeline

president lisa will be worth it

even if her plans for the world's largest bookmobile indicate a precipitous decline in childhood literacy is imminent

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

Louisgod posted:

preview of how Trump's been making his decisions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R1vT87nrUQ

this isn't a loving joke by the way

I've never watched this show, but this actually makes me ... less scared? In a way? I mean, Trump is a shithead, possibly an idiot, almost absolutely a racist; but maybe he'll actually be willing to shitcan people who do a bad job. Isn't that one of the things that people are making GBS threads on HRC for? Loyalty above competence?

I'm looking for a silver-lining anywhere, really. Anything.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Interesting. Dimon's a big Democratic donor, and has said this in the past about his political beliefs:

quote:

"I would call myself a ‘barely Democrat,’ at this point. I didn't support anyone last time around: I'm on the New York Fed Board; I'm not allowed to. But I am a Democrat, yes,” Dimon said in an interview aired Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press.

Anti-business behavior by some Democrats has disturbed him, Dimon said.

“I’ve gotten disturbed at some of the Democrats anti-business behavior, the attacks on work ethic and successful people,” Dimon said. 'I think it’s very counterproductive.”

“[I]t doesn't mean I don't have their values. I want jobs. I want a more equitable society. I don't mind paying higher taxes. … I do think we're our brother's keeper, he went on. "But I think that … attacking that which creates all things, is not the right way to go about it.”

This is moderate Business Democrat stuff, but it still doesn't seem compatible with Republican orthodoxy. Obama had Republicans Robert Gates and Roy LaHood as Defense and Transportation Secretaries. I would be surprised if Trump made similarly prominent cross-party nominations.

William Bear fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Nov 17, 2016

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
"seek to monetize anger"

Welp alright there it is the saddest phrase I've ever read

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
trump is an utter idiot, it's the people pulling the strings you should be afraid of

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 17 minutes!

BUSH 2112 posted:

I've never watched this show, but this actually makes me ... less scared? In a way? I mean, Trump is a shithead, possibly an idiot, almost absolutely a racist; but maybe he'll actually be willing to shitcan people who do a bad job. Isn't that one of the things that people are making GBS threads on HRC for? Loyalty above competence?

Heres the silver lining: you wont care about any of this when youre dead

kibaces
Jul 11, 2016

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

trump is an utter idiot, it's the people pulling the strings you should be afraid of

i'm sure many folks have read this but just for good measure: https://theintercept.com/2016/11/15/mike-pence-will-be-the-most-powerful-christian-supremacist-in-us-history/

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BUSH 2112 posted:

your local grocer still sells milk :yum:

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Zikan posted:

lol you think anyone's actually going to read anything in this administration

I would honestly prefer he read nothing if the alternative is the PNAC/Rumsfeld daily briefings complete with "we are the good guys" bible quote on the cover sheet

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

change my name posted:

hey remember that dumb Obama trampling the constitution painting that the creator hit up Hannity on twitter over?

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/11/will-trump-hang-art-of-obama-trampling-the-constitution.html

gently caress everything

"I am honored to have purchased this amazing Painting. 2016 #MAGA To me it captures what this election was all about. https://t.co/4jT3l1WOKF

— Sean Hannity (@seanhannity) November 10, 2016"

Yeah, a bunch of lies and bullshit dreamt up by a bunch of idiot conservatives fed to a bunch of mindless drones that pull R every election regardless. That about sums it up

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Kurtofan posted:

Trump's interesting for being simultaneously extremely easy to manipulate and also very hard to do so consistently, since he's so erratic and there's also an army of other people also trying to manipulate him. It'll be neat to see if guys like Bannon can actually ride the tiger long enough to get Trump to push through their pet issues or if they'll rise and fall from grace too quickly and Trump's actions will be an incoherent mess of other people's contradictory directions.

Slip universal health care under his office door and call it "Trumpcare" and he might just sign it.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I'm really curious if and when his post-win "magnanimity" will break and we'll be back to full-on bully Trump talking about how Obama's been a disaster and Hillary's going to jail. It's just amazing how much hinged on the fact that his victory speech was conciliatory in the usual, basic-courtesy way that every winning President's speech is - it meant Hillary's concession had to talk about giving him a chance and Obama gave him an awkwardly polite tour of the White House. Sooner or later though the calm will crack.

The inauguration should be interesting for that reason. Will Trump still be playing nice and give the usual "I will be a President for all Americans" speech, or will the protests and the late-night shows get under his skin and we'll be back to speeches about the people he crushed along the way and how he's going to go on winning and crushing? Will he slam Obama on-stage, or just make backhanded and passive-aggressive comments?

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dolash posted:

Who the gently caress hasn't been considered for AG and Secretary of State so far? I can't tell if this is just press misdirection or they literally have no idea who to appoint for anything.

People who haven't been considered for Secretary of State: anybody with foreign policy experience.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

change my name posted:

gently caress everything

If that ever makes it to the White House it'd have to be put up somewhere completely off limits to like, everyone. No matter how much Hannity hates Obama, there are too many tourists, employees, and foreign dignitaries in that building to put something like that up for all to see.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 17, 2016

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

GobiasIndustries posted:

If that ever makes it to the White House it'd have to be put up somewhere completely off limits to like, everyone. No matter how much Hannity hates Trump, there are too many tourists, employees, and foreign dignitaries in that building to put something like that up for all to see.

Those same tourists, employees, and foreign dignitaries will see a loving reality show host as our president. No one cares anymore.

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GobiasIndustries posted:

If that ever makes it to the White House it'd have to be put up somewhere completely off limits to like, everyone. No matter how much Hannity hates Trump, there are too many tourists, employees, and foreign dignitaries in that building to put something like that up for all to see.

Yes. This is the thing Trump would never do.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

FabioClone posted:

Yes. This is the thing Trump would never do.

I'm being honest. Plus, it doesn't have Trump in it.
e: this

Wikkheiser posted:

Trump isn't tasteless he just has bad taste. There's a difference.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Trump isn't tasteless he just has bad taste. There's a difference.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

BUSH 2112 posted:

ummmm that's a tv show my dude

he made a bunch of questionable and arbitrary firings then the production staff rolls back and edits the show to make it seem like he made the right choice, every time

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

GobiasIndustries posted:

If that ever makes it to the White House it'd have to be put up somewhere completely off limits to like, everyone. No matter how much Hannity hates Obama, there are too many tourists, employees, and foreign dignitaries in that building to put something like that up for all to see.

Come on, man. Think about who you're talking about.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

theflyingexecutive posted:

ummmm that's a tv show my dude

he made a bunch of questionable and arbitrary firings then the production staff rolls back and edits the show to make it seem like he made the right choice, every time

It's reality TV! It must be true!

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
After thinking about it for a little while, I am now 100% certain that that painting will hang on the walls of the White House.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
what the gently caress is this bullshit???? There arent even icebergs in the delaware. Get rid of it put that obama painting up

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Looks like we are keeping the filibuster ! ?

Finally some good news. ?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
"so uh....how ya doin? im president now. or soon, i guess. very soon."

https://twitter.com/HayesBrown/status/798744126292455424

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

change my name posted:

Come on, man. Think about who you're talking about.

Now that he's 'won' against Obama I don't think he's gonna give a flying poo poo about him beyond a few pot shots on twitter or at a rally like he does with Jeb!. And even then, Obama was 'nice' to him during their meeting which is all Trump cares about. He also doesn't care about the constitution in the way nutjobs like Hannity do.

Now then, since I'm at the drivethrough, I'll take a Big Mac®

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

orange sky posted:

https://twitter.com/FT/status/798981482282786821

So I guess people are frustrated they have no one to talk to in the middle of nowhere and they protested by voting Trump.

It's the other way around, they like being in the middle of nowhere because they hate people. And they voted Trump for the same reason.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

BUSH 2112 posted:

Aside from what people have already said about it being a TV show edited to make Trump's decisions look perfect, even the very act of firing people like that is just theatre - Trump seems like exactly the sort to focus on loyalty and nepotism (and brown-nosing) above competence. He relies on his children, who worship him (or have the sense to pretend to), he uses all these long-time friends and allies for posts they're wildly unqualified for, at best he seems the most willing to immediately throw someone who was loyal under the bus for his own benefit as he's just done with Christie. So he won't hire the best, but he will fire them when they inevitably gently caress up to avoid taking any blame himself, then shove the next rear end-kissing crony into their place.

Get ready for some absolutely embarrassing and hamhanded rear end-kissing over the next four years, as anyone who wants Trump's cooperation for anything will have to crawl. One thing he said during the campaign that I do believe is that if Trump visits a foreign country and they do any less than roll out the red carpet and have the head of state ready to bow as he gets off Air Force One then Trump will throw a tantrum, ditch whatever meeting they were planning and start calling that country a loser while tearing up treaties. Probably won't be a problem with Russia, at this rate I expect Putin to get an invite to the Inauguration to pay homage to the man who's going to Make America Great Again (and maybe start planning their joint campaigns in Syria and Ukraine).

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
when im prez im gonna put up that kind of racist comic up of the founding fathers smoking weed and saying black people stuff

as wallpaper

in the lincoln bedroom

take that you hoary old ghost

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Alex Jones for every cabinet position.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Bert Roberge posted:

Alex Jones for every cabinet position.
How can one man be in multiple positions at once, you may ask? Simple! Hologram doubles. Bing bing bong bong.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Alex Jones for Sec. of Kissing Goblins, Sec. of Goblin Vomit, Sec. of Catching Them in Bed With a Goblin

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Venom Snake posted:

RIP Epic High Five killed by Vampire Bard.

NO!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

By a loving BARD too

oh my god this is terrible and probably some divine justice for how I've always treated bards in DnD

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Alex Jones for Sec. of Kissing Goblins, Sec. of Goblin Vomit, Sec. of Catching Them in Bed With a Goblin

yeah they already said "every cabinet position"

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

WarMECH posted:

guys im starting to think that maybe donald trump wasnt a good pick for president

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

imo the department of goblin vomit is the best federal agency ever established

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

lol

• Locked thread