Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
fuckin' lol, that's supposed to be Fire Fist Ace from One Piece.

A stunningly accurate representation. I wish I had the power of the hotdog-hotdog fruit, so I could grow hotdogs out of my arm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

We only use Canadian water?

China's famous for it's bootleg water!

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Hardcordion posted:

They even ripped off Mega Man's famous catchphrase!

"Megaman *jizz* PowerWashing"

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I am NOURISH-THE-BLOOD! No-one leaves without ADDITION GAME

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Hardcordion posted:

They even ripped off Mega Man's famous catchphrase!

I'm the Canadian water.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
If it's in Canada, why wouldn't they use only Canadian water? Wouldn't that be normal there, to always use only Canadian water?

If it's not in Canada, why would they import water from Canada for power washing stuff? That would be expensive and insane.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

They are/were based out of Surrey, B.C. which is about 12km (7.5mi) from the American border and a good chance that some of the water used in the area is US sourced.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Does this count? Maybe it's a better fit for the Dumb Moves in Marketing thread, but oh well. Sorry for the phone pic:

Note the engraving on the blade. "Superior Japanese Steel, made in China".

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Nah, chum, the steel itself is made in Japan, but the actual, like, shaping of the steel and the rest of the scissor was done in China. Totally makes sense.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

graybook posted:

Nah, chum, the steel itself is made in Japan, but the actual, like, shaping of the steel and the rest of the scissor was done in China. Totally makes sense.

Is Japan known for having good steel? I thought the whole point of folding the sword a thousand times was to make up for lovely steel.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Facebook Aunt posted:

Is Japan known for having good steel? I thought the whole point of folding the sword a thousand times was to make up for lovely steel.

Pre-late-80s/90s Japanese (and South Korean) cars were notorious for having rust issues as I recall.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Facebook Aunt posted:

They probably have better steel than stuff produced in China so it would be a selling point for people who care about that sort of stuff.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Facebook Aunt posted:

TBH I was just joking to allow for a situation where both claims on the package could have a nugget of truth to them.

Did a lazy quick attempt to check, but thanks to loving weeaboos and their katanas, I can't seem to find much reporting on the strength of modern japanese steel.
Wikipedia lists China as being the #1 producer of steel worldwide according to 2014 data, with the same giving Japan as #2. :shrug:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I know Japanese kitchen knives are of some repute, that's probably what they're trying to cash in on.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

C.M. Kruger posted:

Pre-late-80s/90s Japanese (and South Korean) cars were notorious for having rust issues as I recall.

Modern Mazdas are still very prone to rust issues.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
Can someone pls explain the concept of canadian water to me?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

du -hast posted:

It's not US water
http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thisisthat/canadian-makes-thousands-of-dollars-smuggling-water-into-the-u-s-1.3634556

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

du -hast posted:

Probably the same as NYC water

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Shillary posted:

Probably the same as NYC water

Mm, love that East River.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Captain Invictus posted:

fuckin' lol, that's supposed to be Fire Fist Ace from One Piece.

A stunningly accurate representation. I wish I had the power of the hotdog-hotdog fruit, so I could grow hotdogs out of my arm.
I genuinely thought it was supposed to be Disney's Tarzan. What the hell.

Zombie Hug
Jan 29, 2009
I am an avid bootleg toy collector ,I even have a japanese book I can barely read about bootleg toys but I have recently bought these Pokemon Bootlegs on ebay and they are my favorite bootleg item I own as of yet. I am uploading the ebay pictures as my phone is my only camaera and it is a piece of crap.
They are called ddakji ,apparently they are popular in korea and used like pogs to flip the flat plastic over .
My favorite is diseased mutated Meowth with a pistol,a sword, and four arms and Mew wearing a tiara with a sword,machine gun, and halberd.But I am pretty much in love with all of them, especially the ones with spooky skulll faces like Lickitung and Machoke.

Zombie Hug has a new favorite as of 11:16 on Nov 13, 2016

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Those...those really are something, alright.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
mmmmm now those are good bootlegs.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

What if pokemon were digimon?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

What if pokemon were digimon?

I always thought they were (or rather the other way around).

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Got the new DPLE 5S

It has no headphone jack, but it does got some cool new features

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Crossposting from the Retro Gaming thread:

Miles McCloud posted:

GAME

POKEMON
cock version

5.79 on aliexpress TONIGHT ONLY.
It's like $4 on ebay with free shipping too, goddamn.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Just looked it up, here's a youtube video highlighting some of the changes this bootleg cart made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMeCNuFA9es

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Zombie Hug posted:

I am an avid bootleg toy collector ,I even have a japanese book I can barely read about bootleg toys but I have recently bought these Pokemon Bootlegs on ebay and they are my favorite bootleg item I own as of yet. I am uploading the ebay pictures as my phone is my only camaera and it is a piece of crap.
They are called ddakji ,apparently they are popular in korea and used like pogs to flip the flat plastic over .
My favorite is diseased mutated Meowth with a pistol,a sword, and four arms and Mew wearing a tiara with a sword,machine gun, and halberd.But I am pretty much in love with all of them, especially the ones with spooky skulll faces like Lickitung and Machoke.

W... why are so many of the rockets pointing backwards?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That's in case their trainers try to pick 'RUN'

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Besesoth posted:

Mm, love that East River.

NYC water comes from our actually very good reservoirs both in the city and upstate.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zombie Hug posted:

I collect kangaskhan stuff, please sell me that little blue kangaskhan or show me where to buy one because omg

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I like the slowbrow that apparently went through Google's dream thingie, what with all the faces on him.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Choco1980 posted:

I like the slowbrow that apparently went through Google's dream thingie, what with all the faces on him.

Check out the Machoke and its muscle faces

Zombie Hug
Jan 29, 2009

Build-a-Boar posted:

I collect kangaskhan stuff, please sell me that little blue kangaskhan or show me where to buy one because omg

Hey unfortunately, I cannot sell the kangaskhan as I only have 1 of the small ones of that and I am unwilling to let my collection go .Earlier in the year the person I bought these off of was selling about 32 blind boxes that contained 2 Keshi/Ddakji per box but he sold out of those; I was able to get 4 blind boxes before they sold out. In those blind boxes contained 3 koffings ,1 mew , 1 ekans, 1 slowbro,1 blastoise , 1 lickitung,and this set came with 1 extra kadabra . So I own those as extras and would be willing to part with them as a trade for other bootleg stuff.

The ebay user I bought it from was retroworldkorea2015 https://www.ebay.com/sch/retroworldkorea2015/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
You can try talking to them about it but I already asked if he had any extras and he sold them all off. In fact this was his collection and I bought it off him.He said they appear to be from the 90's and that he ordered the box online somewhere but never specificed where.Probably a korean seller who wouldn't ship out of country .

Zombie Hug has a new favorite as of 00:14 on Nov 20, 2016

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I found an online version of a wartime Vietnam Adam West Batman bootleg comic.

You can read it here.
http://www.ep.tc/batman-in-vietnam/index.html

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

EorayMel posted:

I found my favorite game.

FLEENTSTONES?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

FLEENTSTONES?

GRAND DAD?!

God that was funny, anyone got a link for it?